Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,315 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner (23545 Views)

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / How To Check Car Owner By Number Plate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by DecrossCFR(m): 8:13am On May 28, 2019
Charly68:
We have different tastes and choices in life...since your dreamed car is EOD why not buy a good one for yourself and leave the rest for God . When I bought my first car,I tell you ,I had fear on how to sustain its maintenance but looking back today ,I can say the fear was unfounded . Don't let anyone discourage you ,every car is good provided you have good maintenance culture.. From Datsun bluebird,to Benz,Camry ,Ford villager ,Siena & Avenssus,I had no serious issue with any of them because I ensured they are well maintained .That is the key my brother.. Wishing you best of luck as get your dreamed car

Exactly. Many thanks Bro. I'll be making a detailed checks

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Preshy561(f): 8:14am On May 28, 2019
DecrossCFR:

You don't even know me.. How daft can you be!
Then, stop crying about money, yen yen yen!!

Add another 100k, and your account will amount to nothing.☹☹☹
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by luminouz(m): 8:17am On May 28, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
I can sell u a direct tokunbo Nissan primers 2001 model for 1. 2m today if u want... I exported it myself.. Very clean with AC, 6 CD changers, Navy Blue color, petrol manual.. Bought if from a woman here... Low mileage...
This ugly thing??
Ogbeni, comot here undecided

5 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Preshy561(f): 8:17am On May 28, 2019
Rubbiish:

The bold perception is very very wrong
I guess it is as a result of poverty
Not everyone buy a car to carry women, if you work in city, you will know d important of car. How about rev. Fathers, do they also buy car to carry women?
Poverty ke.

I was having pity on him cos of the way he was saying that he doesn't want to finish his money.

Seriously, if that car is meant for business purposes, he won't be shouting and screaming like that cos he knows it's gonna benefit him on the long run!!
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Nobody: 8:21am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:

No, and what are you gonna do about that?
why should he listen to your advice when you have not earned up to the amount he want to spend on car in your whole life?

6 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by BlueAir: 8:21am On May 28, 2019
kolafolabi:

Sebi bd is only once a year..
it goes beyond birthday mehn. SHE LIED. if I keep that once a year birthday mentality and fall maga, will that stop her from not dropping other lies just to collect money for other things?? She will even get creative in lying to extort money for other shii. And I don't have any space left for bullshitt and bullshitt carriers in my life. The last bittch barely knew me and starting lieing to collect money second day we met
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Preshy561(f): 8:24am On May 28, 2019
Mk93:

why should he listen to your advice when you have not earned up to the amount he want to spend on car in your whole life?
And why do you think you have more sense than a common beggar on the street? Having 1.5m translates to riches to you abi?
Now I understand, you aren't just poor monetarily, you are poor mentally.

2 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by SOFTENGR: 8:24am On May 28, 2019
DecrossCFR:
Good day Fam,

I'm an average salary earner and I'll be buying my first car soon preferably Honda EOD 2005 Toks but I've got mixed feelings considering the wide complaints about the spec.

I've been dreaming of that car for long hence your advise is highly solicited on the pros and cons. I don't want a car that will drain me financially. Toyota corolla is another option but my budget can't exceed that.

What should i look out for?
Do you drive manual?

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by adeeva06(f): 8:25am On May 28, 2019
aunti oponu.

Preshy561:

Then, stop crying about money, yen yen yen!!

Add another 100k, and your account will amount to nothing.☹☹☹

4 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Niyiboi: 8:28am On May 28, 2019
Come and buy this 2010 elantra for 950k only

3 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by aolawale025: 8:31am On May 28, 2019
Get a corolla

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by GreyBlood: 8:32am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:

And why do you think you have more sense than a common beggar on the street? Having 1.5m translates to riches to you abi?
why don't you calm down and give up already? You drew the first blood by making a senseless statement in a mature topic and people are coming for you and you're still trying to fight dirty to sound convincing.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by mmadu5(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2019
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by okenwa216(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:
So car is your priority?
With your small change that you still need to invest in more profitable business, it's car to carry ladies up and down that's your problem.
Poverty mindset go kill u. With ur ugly looking face

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by boiz2men(m): 8:36am On May 28, 2019
RealEzee:
u Don dey mad abi, shey if them put eod and corrola, which design make sense pass? abeg carry ur problem go sambisa.
na people like u if them give u choice between wraith and passat u go still go for passat.

___________:________::_

my beloved brother way won buy ride no mind this yeye guy ooo, EOD still make sense, just take care of it n mehn it will not fall ur hand, d design sweet ja re.
Your earlier submission wasnt comparative to the corolla. The design is terrible. Big for Nothing (its equivalent) looks more appealing.... Why do you think Honda made discusion continues? To outperform the the big daddy
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Kobicove(m): 8:36am On May 28, 2019
justiniyke29:
how can someone advice you to pick a corolla over an accord?they are not mate na, the accord main competitor is the camry.
Moreover that corolla is boring, bland, soulless, small, too common and a friend or thiefs.
I wouldnt touch one with a long spoon, buy the accord or big for nothing, maintainance are similar and cheap.

In Nigeria when buying a first car functionality trumps aesthetics.

Corolla over Accord!

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by RobinHood147: 8:37am On May 28, 2019
No be lie. People like Legalo and Legalwealth. Op, whatever you do, stay clear of those two upcoming fraudsters.

GeneralPula:
Op sha be careful! At the hearings of Millions, some people would become dealer right away grin

4 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by mmadu5(m): 8:38am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:

this useless girl i pity the man in your life , na so so headache u go cause am

9 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:42am On May 28, 2019
luminouz:

This ugly thing??
Ogbeni, comot here undecided
thanks for the response.. Next please!
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by fergieboy: 8:42am On May 28, 2019
DecrossCFR:
Good day Fam,

I'm an average salary earner and I'll be buying my first car soon preferably Honda EOD 2005 Toks but I've got mixed feelings considering the wide complaints about the spec.

I've been dreaming of that car for long hence your advise is highly solicited on the pros and cons. I don't want a car that will drain me financially. Toyota corolla is another option but my budget can't exceed that.

Please take my advise and DONT BUY A HONDA EOD. That car comes with a multitude of problems ranging from gear box to shock absorbers, brain box, catalysts, this sensor, that sensor etc. Am speaking from experience. The parts dont come cheap compared to Toyota. I read someone say nice interior but what about the engine? The brainbox is located close to the base of the engine so its no friend to floods. And if u commute in neighbourhood with high volume of okada riders, they will give the front and back bumpers so much scratches it will irritate you after some time. The most annoying part is that its considered a status car so mechanics will always want to charge you more on the assumption that you are wealthy enough to pay their charges.
Some people will say my case is a one-off but if u can make out time, go to Tyler garage in surulere or go to Honda market in ebute-metta and see for yourself.
My brother, abeg dont make the mistake i made, DONT BUY A HONDA EOD.

8 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by owowa145(m): 8:42am On May 28, 2019
DecrossCFR:
Good day Fam,

Go and use it to buy Miami Suya cheesy
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by correctguy2010: 8:45am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:
So car is your priority?
With your small change that you still need to invest in more profitable business, it's car to carry ladies up and down that's your problem.

grin grin grin See Finishing ... Bad Mouth
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Kizyte(m): 8:46am On May 28, 2019
DecrossCFR:
Good day Fam,

Be patient, and get a 2005 Toyota Corolla when your money is completed

2 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:47am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:

Your aunty that has come to dash you sense.
Lol cheesy

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by PotatoSalad(m): 8:50am On May 28, 2019
stanley000:
I really pity ppl trying to add more headache to the one the country is giving. Save enough cash and buy a 2010 model ride at least, we are almost in 2020 already and any ride above 10years is just way too outdated. My opinion tho
Real talk bro. Real talk
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Kizyte(m): 8:50am On May 28, 2019
justiniyke29:
how can someone advice you to pick a corolla over an accord?they are not mate na, the accord main competitor is the camry.
Moreover that corolla is boring, bland, soulless, small, too common and a friend or thiefs.
I wouldnt touch one with a long spoon, buy the accord or big for nothing, maintainance are similar and cheap.
You must be kidding bro! I've used the 2005 Toyota Corolla and you can't compare it with these cars that you've mentioned in terms of durability, fuel efficiency, low maintenance cost. Let's be realistic na.

3 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by mekuxiani(m): 8:50am On May 28, 2019
DecrossCFR:
Good day Fam,

if you look well you'll get a corrola for 1.4
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by damzy88: 8:51am On May 28, 2019
justiniyke29:
I have finally seen someone like me that does not like Corolla. I no dig that ride at all. You are on point.

3 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by idu1(m): 8:51am On May 28, 2019
DecrossCFR:
Good day Fam,

Go and buy your accord bro.

And you ll have to stop comparing it to corolla they are not mate. Accord is more luxury.

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by boiz2men(m): 8:54am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:

Be honest with yourself. Has your account ever seen a 7 digit figure? Dont be like blessing. Be humble. I can bet my ass you have never seen 500k in your life yet you are fighting. Or maybe you are just trolling. This is not the romance section

11 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by correctguy2010: 8:56am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:

No, but you see the way he's lamenting that he doesn't want the car to drain his money.
Says alot about how much that he will be left in his account after fighting to impress his street girls.
He should invest the money, or give himself sometime to garner enough money to buy good and quality car instead of buying gwura gwura. Cos he will still abandon it to get another car when another money comes in.
Waste of fund.

Impress his street girls grin grin grin
gwura gwura with 1.5 mil... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Go into comedy abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by femi4: 8:58am On May 28, 2019
DecrossCFR:
Good day Fam,

run away from honda eod and baby boy. They are fragile, too low and comes with a lot of joints problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funny Car Concept For Kia: A Car With A Different Specs / Flashing Or Blinking "D" Light On Honda Dashboard Issue / Little Known Car Fuel Wasters And Fuel Saving Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.