Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,312 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted (1822 Views)

Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks / Abacha Used Lipstick To Coat His Cracked Lips At A Summit In 1997 (photo) / A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by chyz(m): 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2010
[size=18pt]Tension over move to abort Igbo summit[/size]

Yusuf Alli, Abuja 27/09/2010 00:06:00

FOLLOWING intelligence reports of the likelihood of anti-President Goodluck Jonathan summit today in Owerri, the Imo State capital, security agents have swooped on the town to halt the session.

The summit, which may be aborted, is being planned by Igbo Political Forum.

As at press time, security agencies were forcing the management of Concord Hotel, Owerri, to cancel the booking by the Forum to hold a summit on the political future of the Igbo.

Also, there were unconfirmed reports on whether the Secretary-General of the Forum, Mr. Chyna Nwanyanwu, was quizzed or not by security agencies.

The Nation gathered that the Forum had about two weeks ago booked for the hall in Concord Hotel and the reservation was receipted.

But findings revealed that the situation took a new turn yesterday when a Lebanese top official of the hotel told the Secretary-General that the meeting would not be hosted by the hotel on security grounds.

The Secretary-General said the hotel was sent an advisory by security agencies not to "allow the Forum’s session to hold."

It was also learnt that security agents have swooped on the hotel to prevent the meeting from holding.

A source also confirmed in a text message last night from Owerri as follows: "Security agencies have been sent to block all venues and the hotel owner has been given a stern instruction not to make his facilities available to Igbo Political Forum.

It was gathered that security agencies acted on intelligence reports that the Igbo may be forced to take a stand on next year’s poll, which may not favour President Goodluck Jonathan.

A source also claimed that security agencies were apprehensive because of suspicion that those loyal to two presidential aspirants (Ex-military President Ibrahim Babangida and Ex-Vice-President Atiku Abubakar) were covertly behind the summit to rubbish the President.

Nwanyanwu, who spoke with The Nation last night, said: "We have been told by the hotel management that based on the advice of security agents; we can no longer hold the summit there. But we are going ahead. When we get to the venue on Monday, let us see what they are going to do.

‘This summit is not anti-Jonathan in any way. We have summoned a session of Igbo leaders to articulate Igbo’s interest and it is on this basis, we will go round to negotiate with any presidential aspirant, including the President or any power bloc."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news-update/14451.html
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by chyz(m): 6:11pm On Sep 27, 2010
The Imo government seems to be flushing out any moves by IBB and Atiku to solicit Igbo votes. They did not denounce the threats of chaos by the north which means they are not for Igbo interest. Good move by the Imo gov't. wink
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 27, 2010
chyz:

The Imo government seems to be flushing out any moves by IBB and Atiku to solicit Igbo votes. They did not denounce the threats of chaos by the north which means they are not for Igbo interest. Good move by the Imo gov't. wink

Freedom of choice is part of democracy.

All should be allowed to air their views!!!
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by ow11(m): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2010
mikeansy:

I agree with you! All cannot support Jonathan else why is there an election in the first place? He should call his overzealous charges to order. Democracy must thrive and opposition must hold their meetings without intimidation!
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by MShittu: 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2010
Goodluck isnt reaaaaaally creating much of an impression on me at the moment.
I mean he's sposed 2 be for democracy
This kinda meeting IS democracy in action
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by chyz(m): 6:40pm On Sep 27, 2010
mikeansy:

True i agree fully with you. However, I am against the actions of any Igbo who can use our tribal name as a disguise to vote/support someone who clearly will sacrifice the lives of our people just for the sake of presidency.That is a disgraceful and very ignorant thing for them to do.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by chyz(m): 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2010
MShittu:

Goodluck isnt reaaaaaally creating much of an impression on me at the moment.
I mean he's sposed 2 be for democracy
This kinda meeting IS democracy in action

GEJ wasn't the one who halted the meeting, it was the Imo gov't.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2010
chyz:

True i agree fully with you. However, I am against the actions of any Igbo who can use our tribal name as a disguise to vote/support someone who clearly will sacrifice the lives of our people just for the sake of presidency.That is a disgraceful and very ignorant thing for them to do.

Whose responsibility is it to legislate when the name Ndigbo can be mentioned?

Any fool can wake up and form any Igbo or Arewa forum. It is up to stakeholders to figure out who to talk to. But what nobody should do is prevent folks who have not committed any violence or any crime whatsoever from gathering merely because their objectives does not conform to a certain political choice.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by anonimi: 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2010
it is up to the igbo people who they allow to host meetings in their area. and the igbo people in imo state is represented by the state government with the governor as the chief security officer. on that basis he can act to forestall chaos from manipulators.
moreover, are jonathan's posters not being torn in katsina state and other northern states
democracy means respect by ALL for divergent views. if the northerners do not and/or cannot allow southerners to freely campaign in their areas they should not expect southerners to give them space EXCEPT the southerners are sellout bastards.
let us mobilise our relations and friends to ALL turn out and be registered to vote. This is the time for mass mobilisation.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by Dede1(m): 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2010
anonimi:

it is up to the igbo people who they allow to host meetings in their area. and the igbo people in imo state is represented by the state government with the governor as the chief security officer. on that basis he can act to forestall chaos from manipulators.
moreover, are jonathan's posters not being torn in katsina state and other northern states
democracy means respect by ALL for divergent views. if the northerners do not and/or cannot allow southerners to freely campaign in their areas they should not expect southerners to give them space EXCEPT the southerners are sellout bastards.
let us mobilise our relations and friends to ALL turn out and be registered to vote. This is the time for mass mobilisation.

Wow!! This is a wonderful recollection of ideas. I guess you included the southerners who sold out in 1966 during Nigeria/Biafra war in your unfortunate diatribe. This is simple politicking and you are twisted out of human form. What about war which involves life and death and yet southerners sold out?
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by blkmum700: 2:57am On Sep 28, 2010
Is this GEJ Tactics of winning 2011 poll,by intimidating others with position,the order was from above which means its from presidency,if GEJ continue to Intimidate Igbo he may lose votes from that region,This is what FELA call crazy demonstration,GEJ has just started the demonstration of crazy.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by anonimi: 4:28am On Sep 28, 2010
Dede1:

Wow!! This is a wonderful recollection of ideas. I guess you included the southerners who sold out in 1966 during Nigeria/Biafra war in your unfortunate diatribe. This is simple politicking and you are twisted out of human form. What about war which involves life and death and yet southerners sold out?

big but empty grammar won't cut it. try something else that is real and solid. any sell out against the corporate interest of his group, given comparative merits, is just what i labelled earlier - a b.astard. QED I hope u are not one

blkmum700:

Is this GEJ Tactics of winning 2011 poll,by intimidating others with position,the order was from above which means its from presidency,if GEJ continue to Intimidate Igbo he may lose votes from that region,This is what FELA call crazy demonstration,GEJ has just started the demonstration of crazy.

since when did GEJ become the chief security officer of imo state? how do you know orders from above is not from the CSO i.e. the governor of the state to forestall belly-wise political jobbers cause unnecessary tension in his state?
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by MetalGong4: 9:00am On Sep 28, 2010
chyz:

I'm really disappointed by your statement. . . . . I cant fathom the basis upon which you are trying to justify the insult meted on elderly Igbo politicians by Ikedi Ohakim, a rogue governor.
GEJ and his cabal (Ohakim and group) are bound to fail in the SouthEast with these their garrison politics of impunity.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by Tittos: 9:12am On Sep 28, 2010
GEJ didnt halt the meeting it was Ohakim and he did it because they were using his name to hold the meeting.in the notice of the meeting in thisday newspaper they drafted him and other southeast governors as the organizers along with Ken Nnamani(supporter of ibb).i guess he shoild have still allowed them do the meeting,but dissociate himself,
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by HAH: 9:13am On Sep 28, 2010
MY PEOPLE PLS SEE HOW DESPERATE GJ AND COHORTS ARE LOOK AT THE CALIBRE OF PEOPLE HE IS EMBARRASING THE NDIGBO NATION SHOULD RESIST JONATHAN BECAUSE HE IS PURELY AN OPPORTUNIST INFACT HE IS TACTICALLY TAKING THE IGBOS CHANCE TO AN EXTEND HE ADDED SOME FOREIGN NAMES TO HIS NAMES 'EBELE AZIKIWE' PLS GO THROUGH THE PIECE BELOW TO SEE THE FIRE THEY ARE PLAYING WITH.

Tension prevailed in Owerri, the capital of Imo State yesterday when security agents blocked former Vice President Alex Ekwueme, former Senate President Senator Ken Nnamani, former state governor Chief Achike Udenwa, former Central Bank governor Prof Charles Soludo and former Ebonyi governor Dr. Sam Egwu from using the Concord Hotel to hold a meeting of the  Igbo Political Forum. Among other Igbo dignitaries present for the event were former Governor Chris Ngige, Prof ABC Nwosu, Chief Jim Nwobodo, Sen. Ben Obi, Prof. Chinwe Obaji, and retired Air Vice Marshall Luck Ochulo.
The gates of two other leading hotels in Owerri, All Seasons Hotel and Modotels Owerri owned by the former Vice President were equally locked by agents of the State Security Service (SSS) to prevent the organizers of the forum from holding their summit.

A large number of heavily armed Mobile Policemen stationed at the premises of the three hotels to prevent the group from holding the meeting. However, the event was held outside the hotel’s hall. The large number of delegates sweated profusely as they stood in the hot sun to hold the meeting.

Chief Alex Ekuweme, in his speech, said that the purpose of the forum was to chart a new course for the Igbo nation. He denied insinuations that the forum was called to endorse a candidate, adding that the meeting would rather afford Igbos the opportunity to discuss issues affecting them, especially in the present political situation in Nigeria. Ekwueme assured that at the end of their discussion the forum would recommend a consensus candidate that would have the interest of the Igbo nation at heart.

In his welcome address, Chairman of the Igbo Political Forum Dr. Sam Okeke said the summit was called so that Igbos will talk to themselves and out of free will chart a cause for their realization of their destiny.

He said rumours that the forum was going to endorse a candidate for the 2011 presidency was false. He also said an Igbo presidency in 2015 is irrevocable, adding that Igbos are ready to collaborate with whoever will make that possible.

He said that while the Igbos have had the offer from the North, they are yet to have one single approach from the South-South zone, describing it as “unwise.”

Former Governor of old Anambra State Chief Jim Nwobodo expressed dismay over the refusal by the hotel to allow the summit to hold in their hall, saying payment for the hall had already been made and they have the receipt.

Former Vice President and PDP presidential aspirant Atiku Abubakar condemned yesterday’s events in Owerri, saying the much touted free and fair elections in 2011 is at risk if the emerging tactics of intimidation of political opponents is allowed to prevail.

He condemned “the shabby treatment meted out to Igbo patriots including former Vice President Alex Ekwueme, former Senate President Ken Nnamani, former Governors Chief Achike Udenwa and

Dr. Sam Egwu, Prof ABC Nwosu, Chief Dubem Onyia and Senator Ben Obi, among others that compelled them to hold their conference in the open air under the sweltering sun.” he said

the harassment of dissenting voices is inconsistent with the 1999 Constitution. He said it is incredible that respected and law abiding public figures like former Vice President Ekwueme should be subjected to this level of public humiliation and denied their freedom to meet and associate.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3572:police-stop-igbo-political-forums-meeting&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by Onlytruth(m): 9:20am On Sep 28, 2010
I don't know whether Jonathan or Ohakim realizes that the people they muzzled in this saga are actually the creme of Igbo politics. They are playing with fire here. Make no mistake, this is THE REAL Igbo political egg heads. Anyone toying with them is a fool.
This is still a democracy and people are free to associate and discuss what is best for their people.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by naso2(m): 9:32am On Sep 28, 2010
Onlytruth:

I don't know whether Jonathan or Ohakim realizes that the people they muzzled in this saga are actually the creme of Igbo politics. They are playing with fire here. Make no mistake, this is THE REAL Igbo political egg heads. Anyone toying with them is a fool.
This is still a democracy and people are free to associate and discuss what is best for their people.

And must you bring jonathan into this? I know you have gradually emerged as IBB's mouthpiece here on NL, but dont bring GEJ's name into this until you have sufficient info to back your claims.

But on a lighter note, are we saying none of these heavyweights own a hotel that could have been used? Besides must the meeting be held in a hotel?
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by MetalGong4: 9:34am On Sep 28, 2010
"Those who the gods wish to destroy they first make mad" . . Thats how the history of Ikedi Ohakim and GEJ's cabal would be told.

GEJ's campaign in the SouthEast is already a dead agenda at inception.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by naso2(m): 9:39am On Sep 28, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^

The rantings of [b]mental[/b]gong.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by MetalGong4: 9:42am On Sep 28, 2010
^^^^^
Still better than you and your lame millitant brother who wants to be Nigeria president.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by Onlytruth(m): 9:45am On Sep 28, 2010
na_so:

And must you bring jonathan into this?  I know you have gradually emerged as IBB's mouthpiece here on NL, but dont bring GEJ's name into this until you have sufficient info to back your claims.

But on a lighter note, are we saying none of these  heavyweights own  a hotel that could have been used? Besides must the meeting be held in a hotel?

Goodluck Jonathan is emerging as a worse dictator than all dictators in our history.
Yes I have to bring him in because Ohakim does not command the police or the SSS. I hope you don't think we are fools here.

These gentlemen paid for the venue but were prevented from using the venue they paid for.

Stuff like these only happened during military rule.

Even IBB was able to conduct an election considered by many to be the best in Nigeria's history. Meanwhile he was a soldier. Why can't Jonathan who is a civilian allow freedom of association? Is that how we will have a free and fair election next year? The election is already being rigged!
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by MetalGong4: 9:52am On Sep 28, 2010
^^^^^^^

The problem with na_so and Jonathan is that they don't know the difference between creek/Tompolo government and democratic government. . . . But never mind;Ohakim and Jonathan will be disgraced in this election.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by Echidime(m): 10:01am On Sep 28, 2010
If the people that were refuse usage of the hotel they paid for are really angry about it,let them do the needful,as we all know ONLY IGBO's can rain down fire on the unity of nigeria, every other tribe are just noise makers
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by naso2(m): 10:41am On Sep 28, 2010
Onlytruth:

Goodluck Jonathan is emerging as a worse dictator than all dictators in our history.
Yes I have to bring him in because Ohakim does not command the police or the SSS. I hope you don't think we are fools here.

These gentlemen paid for the venue but were prevented from using the venue they paid for.

Stuff like these only happened during military rule.

Even IBB was able to conduct an election considered by many to be the best in Nigeria's history. Meanwhile he was a soldier. Why can't Jonathan who is a civilian allow freedom of association? Is that how we will have a free and fair election next year? The election is already being rigged!

Only. . . .   you know better than what you just posted. I have every reason to think so, except if something happened to you lately lipsrsealed

We all know that the state governor as the chief security officer of the state weilds considerable powers in this regard. nuff said. I have said  it before and will repeat that for now it stops at Ohakim's desk, until you can provide better details, dont bring GEJ in here.

Besides , I thought it was an Igbo summit, designed to advance Igbo interest, and the venue was not available hence the meeting did not hold. One of the conveners even said  ‘This summit is not anti-Jonathan in any way. We have summoned a session of Igbo leaders to articulate Igbo’s interest and it is on this basis, we will go round to negotiate with any presidential aspirant, including the President or any power bloc."
Now explain how it suddenly  turned an "Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit " as the caption states? You and your paid journalists are only being clever by half.

On this your overstated free and fair elections organised by IBB, i must tell you that the Nigerian people have more of the credit for that election than your evil candidate. People got tired of IBB's schemes and everyone decided to work for the success of the elections so the evil one (who is a  genius only in his fantasy world) to just go. The mumu was overtaken in his schemes as there were a lot of traps he set to make the elections from option A4  fail. Even on the day of election, there were no roofings in the polling booths . Remember this election took place in june when during  rainy season. This was designed to use the rain as excuse to cancel the elections, but wetin yoruba use pass IBB na juju. There was no rain in any ward  throughout the election and collation period.

Do you know that your candidate IBB , only realised the june 12 election was free and fair when he felt it was time to start campagning? see what IBB said on june 26 1993 when he annuled the elections

It is true that the presidential election was generally seento be free, fair and peaceful.  However,there was in fact a huge array of election malpractices virtually in all thestates of the federation before the actual voting began.  There were authenticated reports of theelection malpractices against party agents, officials of the National ElectoralCommission and also some members of the electorate

Now after annuling a free and fair election, IBB's supporters now use it as a credential  to support IBB's claim that afterall he organised a free and fair election. An election that the evil one knew from day 1 that he would not honour.  someone said  "It is better to fail in a venture that  will ultimately succeed, than to succeed in that , that will ultimatle fail" nuff said.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by naso2(m): 10:51am On Sep 28, 2010
MetalGong4:

^^^^^^^

The problem with na_so and Jonathan is that they don't know the difference between creek/Tompolo government and democratic government. . . . But never mind;Ohakim and Jonathan will be disgraced in this election.

Ohakim got elected as a PPA governor, as OUK'S boy. Then all of you applauded that OUK was standing up against evil PDP. Then Ohakim did nothing wrong. Suddenly he discovered that OUK was going to use him as bargaining tool to go back to PDP, the man refused and returned to PDP on his own. Now suddenly he is Jonathan's boy by your reckoning and he has suddenly turned bad.

If there is any governor in the SE that i see as not being part of the GEJ's arrangement, it is Ohakim. It is common knowledge that one of the northern aspirants has started talking to him about a VP slot. Ohakim came to GEJ'S declaration ground and just wasted , the entire time singing as if he is in a church choir. He did not utter any word about the declaration. I simply laughed when i saw it. We refuse to be decieved.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by chyz(m): 10:55am On Sep 28, 2010
Echidime:

If the people that were refuse usage of the hotel they paid for are really angry about it,let them do the needful,as we all know ONLY IGBO's can rain down fire on the unity of nigeria, every other tribe are just noise makers

I'd have to disagree with you about the other tribes just being noise makers. One reason is that, this couldnt have happened in a non-igbo region when talking about the major tribes. The government wouldnt try such a thing.Lets see what they will do.If its true they were trying to support IBB and Atiku instead of really discussing issues amongs they Igbos they are all bast.ards and good for them. cool
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by chyz(m): 11:50am On Sep 28, 2010
[size=15pt]Police stop Igbo Political Forum’s meeting[/size]
Tuesday, 28 September 2010 00:00 Johnkennedy Uzoma, Owerri

Tension prevailed in Owerri, the capital of Imo State yesterday when security agents blocked former Vice President Alex Ekwueme, former Senate President Senator Ken Nnamani, former state governor Chief Achike Udenwa, former Central Bank governor Prof Charles Soludo and former Ebonyi governor Dr. Sam Egwu from using the Concord Hotel to hold a meeting of the Igbo Political Forum. Among other Igbo dignitaries present for the event were former Governor Chris Ngige, Prof ABC Nwosu, Chief Jim Nwobodo, Sen. Ben Obi, Prof. Chinwe Obaji, and retired Air Vice Marshall Luck Ochulo.

The gates of two other leading hotels in Owerri, All Seasons Hotel and Modotels Owerri owned by the former Vice President were equally locked by agents of the State Security Service (SSS) to prevent the organizers of the forum from holding their summit.

A large number of heavily armed Mobile Policemen stationed at the premises of the three hotels to prevent the group from holding the meeting. However, the event was held outside the hotel’s hall. The large number of delegates sweated profusely as they stood in the hot sun to hold the meeting.

Chief Alex Ekuweme, in his speech, said that the purpose of the forum was to chart a new course for the Igbo nation. He denied insinuations that the forum was called to endorse a candidate, adding that the meeting would rather afford Igbos the opportunity to discuss issues affecting them, especially in the present political situation in Nigeria. Ekwueme assured that at the end of their discussion the forum would recommend a consensus candidate that would have the interest of the Igbo nation at heart.

In his welcome address, Chairman of the Igbo Political Forum Dr. Sam Okeke said the summit was called so that Igbos will talk to themselves and out of free will chart a cause for their realization of their destiny.

He said rumours that the forum was going to endorse a candidate for the 2011 presidency was false. He also said an Igbo presidency in 2015 is irrevocable, adding that Igbos are ready to collaborate with whoever will make that possible.

He said that while the Igbos have had the offer from the North, they are yet to have one single approach from the South-South zone, describing it as “unwise.”

Former Governor of old Anambra State Chief Jim Nwobodo expressed dismay over the refusal by the hotel to allow the summit to hold in their hall, saying payment for the hall had already been made and they have the receipt.

Former Vice President and PDP presidential aspirant Atiku Abubakar condemned yesterday’s events in Owerri, saying the much touted free and fair elections in 2011 is at risk if the emerging tactics of intimidation of political opponents is allowed to prevail.

He condemned “the shabby treatment meted out to Igbo patriots including former Vice President Alex Ekwueme, former Senate President Ken Nnamani, former Governors Chief Achike Udenwa and

Dr. Sam Egwu, Prof ABC Nwosu, Chief Dubem Onyia and Senator Ben Obi, among others that compelled them to hold their conference in the open air under the sweltering sun.” he said

the harassment of dissenting voices is inconsistent with the 1999 Constitution. He said it is incredible that respected and law abiding public figures like former Vice President Ekwueme should be subjected to this level of public humiliation and denied their freedom to meet and associate.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3572:police-stop-igbo-political-forums-meeting&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

By the words of the Chairman of the IPF it is quite clear that the meeting was not held for the betterment of the Igbo people but to adhere to a promise of presidency of Igbos in 2015. Instead of these fools, who clearly are there because they want to be that 2015 Igbo candidate,to all come together to subdue the disgrace that is happening in their land, they want to worry about an election that is 4 years from now and are willing to make a deal with the devil to get it. Good for them.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by calyx: 12:41pm On Sep 28, 2010
Ohakim has scored a very bad one here. . . he seems to have forgotten so quickly that this game is not for the seemingly smartest
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by Onlytruth(m): 5:11pm On Sep 28, 2010
na_so:

Only. . . .   you know better than what you just posted. I have every reason to think so, except if something happened to you lately lipsrsealed

We all know that the state governor as the chief security officer of the state weilds considerable powers in this regard. nuff said. I have said  it before and will repeat that for now it stops at Ohakim's desk, until you can provide better details, dont bring GEJ in here.

Besides , I thought it was an Igbo summit, designed to advance Igbo interest, and the venue was not available hence the meeting did not hold. One of the conveners even said  ‘This summit is not anti-Jonathan in any way. We have summoned a session of Igbo leaders to articulate Igbo’s interest and it is on this basis, we will go round to negotiate with any presidential aspirant, including the President or any power bloc."
Now explain how it suddenly  turned an "Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit " as the caption states? You and your paid journalists are only being clever by half.

On this your overstated free and fair elections organised by IBB, i must tell you that the Nigerian people have more of the credit for that election than your evil candidate. People got tired of IBB's schemes and everyone decided to work for the success of the elections so the evil one (who is a  genius only in his fantasy world) to just go. 

Do you know that[b] your candidate IBB[/b] , only realised the june 12 election was free and fair when he felt it was time to start campagning? see what IBB said on june 26 1993 when he annuled the elections
Now after annuling a free and fair election, IBB's supporters now use it as a credential  to support IBB's claim that afterall he organised a free and fair election. An election that the evil one knew from day 1 that he would not honour.  someone said  "It is better to fail in a venture that  will ultimately succeed, than to succeed in that , that will ultimatle fail" nuff said.

If you noticed in my earlier reply to you, I did not insult you. You have a right as a Nigerian to support ANY candidate of your choice in this election. Don't come here with your load of crap trying to intimidate and cow other Nigerians from openly discussing their possible candidates in the elections. It is unsophisticated and even childish to think that by ascribing the image of the devil himself to other candidates, yours suddenly becomes Jesus! Truly laughable!

I am insulted by your little games. undecided

As far as I know, Ndigbo have yet to decide on the candidate to support in this elecitons. Any attempt to muzzle free speech and freedom of association in the lead up to the elections, would be the first signs that the elections will not be free and fair. ALL Nigerians should be concerned about that. I am more concerned that people want me to support them without making any promises to me. I would be the worst kind of airhead to support such candidate.

So, please allow my people to associate freely and argue and haggle. Any continued attempts by the state, whether directly or indirectly (through Ohakim), to squeeze our people into a dubious straight jacket, will not pay good dividends to Jonathan either immediately or ultimately.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by Onlytruth(m): 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2010
na_so:

Ohakim got elected as a PPA governor, as OUK'S boy. Then all of you applauded that OUK was standing up against evil PDP. Then Ohakim did nothing wrong. Suddenly he discovered that OUK was going to use him as bargaining tool to go back to PDP, the man refused and returned to PDP on his own. Now suddenly he is Jonathan's boy by your reckoning and he has suddenly turned bad.

If there is any governor in the SE that i see as not being part of the GEJ's arrangement, it is Ohakim. It is common knowledge that one of the northern aspirants has started talking to him about a VP slot. [size=14pt]Ohakim came to GEJ'S declaration ground and just wasted , the entire time singing as if he is in a church choir. He did not utter any word about the declaration.[/size] I simply laughed when i saw it. We refuse to be decieved.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by Onlytruth(m): 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2010
^^
The cloak and dagger games continue. Ohakim should watch his back.
Re: Anti-Goodluck Jonathan Summit In Owerri Halted by naso2(m): 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
@onlytruth

Bros I no abuse you na. well accept my apologies if you felt insulted by my post.

First knowing that you have posted several threads to promote IBB, and the same you quickly attached GEJ to what happened in Owerri without convincing detail, did not go down well with me too.

I am not, and cannot bully anyone to support any candidate, but I think I have a right to stand up to defend my candidate when he is being maligned without facts.

peace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Wants Nigeria To Pray So The Terrorists Will Confess / Video Of President Obama And President Of Russia Buying And Eating Burger / Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.