Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More (43065 Views)

As Edo Votes, Here Are Images Of Live Happenings At Several Polling Units In The / A Trailer Falls Into Water At Brewery Ijora 7up Road In Lagos - Photos / Presidential Order: Taskforce Starts Towing Of Trucks And Trailers On The Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by mildflame: 5:05pm On May 27, 2019
Christian62987:
[sup][/sup]
crook
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by DTaj: 5:05pm On May 27, 2019
Very true!

It took only 19 minutes to drive from V/I to Surulere a few hours ago. When the evil tanker drivers held sway, it took about 2 hours during the same period.

I hope that this Buhari presidential magic will be maintained.

The relief today was very huge! I almost could not believe it!

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by aguiyi2: 5:05pm On May 27, 2019
We can get it right if we want to, just that the will power is zero.
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by eyinjuege: 5:06pm On May 27, 2019
How long will that last? Many of the tanker drivers are lawless anyway

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by Luvinghubby: 5:07pm On May 27, 2019
Nigerians really like suffering, look how clean and peaceful the road is now.
I will commend government if this is sustained till end of the year.

Btw I haven't heared from the BBQ guy today, has he been banned.

AutoJosh thanks for the info
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by BigBashiru: 5:10pm On May 27, 2019
So the black man cannot do anything right unless it is ordered?? Savages!!
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by advocate666: 5:11pm On May 27, 2019
it won't last
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by rockcitie: 5:12pm On May 27, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Thank you FG... At last we can move about in peace

See more of Ijora, Surulere and more roads here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/05/aftermath-presidential-order-these-are.html

So when Osinbajo gave the same order last year when he was the Acting President, why was nothing done about it?

See how you guys are exposing yourselves with your APC propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by ajl: 5:17pm On May 27, 2019
Only in Nigeria you wait for presidential order to do your job. Sad, sad, sad!

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by Erolow(f): 5:20pm On May 27, 2019
I don't know why those trailers are always packed there sef
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:22pm On May 27, 2019
mildflame:

Rwanda aren't on the same level with Nigeria, compare Rwanda to Ebonyi state

don't worry ur comment doesn't surprise us. Churchill Winston and Luther already saw ur generation decades ago that u will arise during now and make a mockery of everything they fought for.. That includes education that resonates in attitudes, manner of reasoning and emancipating the minds...

U have internet to troll and gossip but u couldn't even spare a minute to research Rwanda before embarrassing yourself in public.. Rwanda is already where Nigeria can't be in 15years... Call abike and ur President they can attest to it... Your country is a joke... Tbh.. Call a spade a spade... To ignore crime is crime itself...
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by abbey621(m): 5:23pm On May 27, 2019
I've said it times without numbers, the only thing that works in Nigeria is force! Nigerians from public to private sectors are no respecter of laws or rules but when force is added into the equation, it sends a refresh signal to the brain. All of a sudden everyone knows exactly how to behave.....SHAME!
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by BigBashiru: 5:23pm On May 27, 2019
advocate666:
it won't last

exactly. The black man is unable to govern himself!
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by matify83: 5:25pm On May 27, 2019
playboy19:

As much as I agree to a part of your message, however, what we need is not empowering our institutions, they are well empowered as they are, what we need to do is to curb the misappropriation of the powers by the heads of these institutions. For example, the executive order if you look at the critically wasn't really about the truck drivers or their trucks, it was about the people turning the traffic problem into a huge business.

What they do is to use the same power that has been appropriated to them to make unscrupulous ways for themselves by arm twisting the drivers into paying up, the military in apapa for example. So, it is for the heads of these institutions to be law-abiding and patriotic enough to use the powers given to them judiciously. Can u imagine it had to take the president to threaten them before they do right thing with powers with them?

Nigerians are Nigeria's problem. Period!

I agree that strong institutions could have its undesirable effects but most of the agencies complicit in extorting the truck owners are not recognized institutions saddled with maintenance of truck movements in and out of the port.

If a single federal institution were to be responsible for the mayhem that characterized truck build up on our roads, I assure you that the president would have sacked its head immediately but with multiplicity of illegal agencies, who do you hold responsible?

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 27, 2019
show us the mile2 thru apapa axis baba.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by khalids: 5:26pm On May 27, 2019
This is good news but was a presidential order required for the right thing to be done...........

The way this country is run is just pathetic

Next thing i expect is a presidential order for all those that failed to take proper action on this to be sacked....that way the next set of people given responsibility will have sense......

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by HajiMT: 5:29pm On May 27, 2019
Yorubas will say" if you want to stop a man from eating what is bad or inappropriate, then you must provide him with an alternative. The order given by the Federal Government worked because of the new trailer park provided. Of course the drivers have no choice other than to use the new facilities

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by ipain: 5:34pm On May 27, 2019
Iblad0994:
Sometimes i just sit down and look at Nigeria like maybe some terrestrial forces are at play. Why can’t we at least conduct our self properly for once, why do they need the executive order to do the right thing for God sake.

If I am the president, the first thing I’ll do is to restore sanity to the public. From primary schools up to tertiary institution, communities, government owned parastatals, parks, road, everywhere needs to be sanitized. Our problem is too much, in fact if government build roads, amenities, just give it few years and see how people will destroy them.

Sometimes we just need little effort to develop. Take Rwanda for example, you can’t give tip to anybody, no one’s gonna collect it from you. But in naija you have to give tips, bribe for almost anything you want to get. Even university transcript you need to tip the secretaries, only God can help us.
The problem of Nigerians starts from the homes the breed them. Akwa Ibom is very neat because those people, right from their homes at taught to be neat... That is why it is hard to find people from that region that like dirt

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by KingRabota: 5:39pm On May 27, 2019
Along Eko bridge on NEPA side all trucks have been moved. I'm Shocked (can't honestly say impressed)
As Gen Abacha would say, remove those trucks with immediate effect.
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by MetaPhysical: 5:45pm On May 27, 2019
matify83:
Sanity finally restored but should it have taken a presidential directive to rid the roads of those articulated trucks?

What is suppose to be the job description of FRSC, LASTMA and other affiliate agencies involved in traffic management in Nigeria?

Unless we start building and empowering institutions in Nigeria , we shall continue to rely on strong personalities to get simple things done.

LASTMA had no jurisdiction on those roads. If a LASTMA officer directed a truck operator to vacate and he refuses to obey the officer lacks enforcement power to act. FRSC has jurisdiction.

The involvement of LASTMA in the supervision to tow and remove non-compliants is strictly for logistics.
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by AutoReportNG: 5:57pm On May 27, 2019
rockcitie:

So when Osinbajo gave the same order last year when he was the Acting President, why was nothing done about it?

See how you guys are exposing yourselves with your APC propaganda.

Sir, I raised same question you mentioned in the article and I am neither APC or PDP just a Nigerian who is apolitical and doing his job.

Let's hope there will be order liness this time around Sir

Regards
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by mildflame: 6:18pm On May 27, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
don't worry ur comment doesn't surprise us. Churchill Winston and Luther already saw ur generation decades ago that u will arise during now and make a mockery of everything they fought for.. That includes education that resonates in attitudes, manner of reasoning and emancipating the minds...

U have internet to troll and gossip but u couldn't even spare a minute to research Rwanda before embarrassing yourself in public.. Rwanda is already where Nigeria can't be in 15years... Call abike and ur President they can attest to it... Your country is a joke... Tbh.. Call a spade a spade... To ignore crime is crime itself...

stop smoking WEED for your good
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by Obainoneandonly(m): 6:23pm On May 27, 2019
am currently under ijora bridge and i can tell u dat that those trucks are still parked at some specific places. there are still on the bridge of ijora straight to apapa wharf. dem plenty there

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by babalolareal(m): 6:26pm On May 27, 2019
God bless you

matify83:
Sanity finally restored but should it have taken a presidential directive to rid the roads of those articulated trucks?

What is suppose to be the job description of FRSC, LASTMA and other affiliate agencies involved in traffic management in Nigeria?

Unless we start building and empowering institutions in Nigeria , we shall continue to rely on strong personalities to get simple things done.
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by AutoReportNG: 6:31pm On May 27, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
am currently under ijora bridge and i can tell u dat that those trucks are still parked at some specific places. there are still on the bridge of ijora straight to apapa wharf. dem plenty there

Very true Sir, Ijora Bridge will be a bit difficult because their depot is base there and so they have to queue to receive their products same applies to the truck too, NPA terminal is at Marine Beach, this has been communicated to the task force, let's hope they will take action soon
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:34pm On May 27, 2019
mildflame:

stop smoking WEED for your good
it's better u start smoking it.. Because what u just wrote doesn't make sense.. And it shows u type without being in sync with ur brains..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by GFELOG2018: 6:39pm On May 27, 2019
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by Obainoneandonly(m): 6:40pm On May 27, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Very true Sir, Ijora Bridge will be a bit difficult because their depot is base there and so they have to queue to receive their products same applies to the truck too, NPA terminal is at Marine Beach, this has been communicated to the task force, let's hope they will take action soon
k. that's the only place I have seen those trucks. am currently at orile,and d place is crystal clear. the last time there was no truck there was 3years ago

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by mildflame: 6:41pm On May 27, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
it's better u start smoking it.. Because what u just wrote doesn't make sense.. And it shows u type without being in sync with ur brains..

One can clearly see you indulge in it and I bet you get them Rwanda
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by AK481(m): 6:44pm On May 27, 2019
This is not a permanent solution.

Open up other port in other region.
If onne port and Bonny port can ship out 2.2 millions barrel and millions of barrels of gas in a day why can cross river port and Warri port be opened up?

Why can onitshaport be open up?

Useless and senseless solution
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by mildflame: 6:53pm On May 27, 2019
AK481:
This is not a permanent solution.

Open up other port in other region.
If onne port and Bonny port can ship out 2.2 millions barrel and millions of barrels of gas in a day why can cross river port and Warri port be opened up?

Why can onitshaport be open up?

Useless and senseless solution
I only blame SS and SE political leaders that only concern with their stomach, can't they come together and fight every FG maritime policies against the region
Re: Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More by KingRabota: 6:59pm On May 27, 2019
Guy why waste energy on a misinformed slowpoke? Abeg light up and let the stress burn away

Livefreeordieha:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Man Collects ₦43,000 From POS Operator, Leaves Wife, 3 Kids As Collateral / Police Officers Got No Help After Their Van Got Stuck In Auchi, Edo State / Peter Obi Featured In Dutch Magazine, Likened To Macron Of France (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.