Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

MY LONGEST RELATIONSHIP By Livingstone Imonitie - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MY LONGEST RELATIONSHIP By Livingstone Imonitie (303 Views)

How I Spent My Longest NL Banning / Longest Relationship That Wasted Your Time In Life, Lasted For How Long? / My Longest Night. The Day She Slept Naked In My Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MY LONGEST RELATIONSHIP By Livingstone Imonitie by HonSTONE(m): 11:06pm On May 27, 2019
MY LONGEST RELATIONSHIP

Love is a beautiful thing. Sometimes you forget about your challenges when you love someone and all your focus and attention goes to that person. Love makes you do crazy things.

I was staying with my uncle at the university. I was naïve and needed someone to guide me. Before I moved my things to the hostel, he advised me about girls.

“Livingstone, focus on your books and leave the girls alone. When you graduate with a good result, all the girls will run after you”, he said to me.

I held those words close to my heart. I made a promise to guard my heart with all diligence and protect it from falling in love. The function of my heart was to pump blood and not fall in love. I had heard stories of young men committing suicide because of heartbreaks. Others losing focus in life because their girlfriends left them.

“I will take no girlfriend and have no crush from this day till my last lady in school”.

How foolish I was. Who was I deceiving?

Two weeks after I made that decision, I was already crushing on a girl. She was pretty. She smiled and I blushed. I went to class daily just to see her pretty face. She was my dream come true. She made me speak in other tongues. But I was too shy to approached her.
Every level I moved to, I had different girls to crush on. I crush on girls in class, in church and in the library. All these happened in my mind and I wasn’t bold enough to approach any. After some time, the feelings died.

But there were certain girls I disclosed my feelings to and asked them out. It was wonderful being able to tell a girl how I really felt.
Love is a beautiful thing. But I was always heart broken. Always getting a “NO”.

I was rejected once.
No, I was rejected twice.
I think I was rejected more than 30 times. I got 30 different heartbreaks. My heart was broken, destroyed and shattered.

I dated 30 different girls in school. I dated all 30 of them in my mind.
I would see a smart and pretty girl. I would become her friend and one week later, I would start crushing on her. At that point, I was already dating her in my mind. She was my girlfriend only in my dreams. And when I found out some of them were in a relationship, I would be heartbroken. Sometimes, I would ask them out and before I completed my statements, I would get a negative response.

All these happened to me from year one to my penultimate year. I was being rejected on a daily basis. And anytime I was heartbroken, I would write a poem. It was as if poetry was connected to my rejections. And I was creative in my poems. I wrote the best poems with a heavy heart. All my poems have been as a result of heartbreaks. My creativity had to wait until a girl said NO to me.

I want to use this opportunity to appreciate all the girls that broke my hearts while in school. You girls ignited the poetic genius in me.
In my final year, I made another promise not to fall in love again. I was always making this promise. After every heartbreak, I would make this promise and few weeks later, I was back to loving a different girl.

A month after I made the promise, I saw an angel on earth.
“Where had she been all my departmental life?”

This one must be special. She sang so well. Anything I heard her voice, I could feel some butterflies in my stomach. That was the sign of common sense leaving me again. Why don’t I learn from my past experiences?

She had the shape of a coke bottle. She was the manifestation of my fantasies. She was like Dubai in Paris, I called her Astonishing. Anytime I looked into her eyes, I saw us together with our kids forever. She was my missing ribs. The thought of her could not let me sleep at night. I dreamt of her with my eyes open. She brought creativity into my life and became my distraction.

My friends in school knew her name without seeing her. My neighbours knew her story without seeing her. I made her popular in my small world.

I had fallen in love with this girl. I was ready to remain in the friend zone for her. But there was another girl.
We were just friends and there was nothing special about us but I noticed she liked me. She was always buying things for me. Always checking up on me.

Sometimes you can be in a position where you love someone and that person loves another.
I finally got the courage to ask the girl of my dreams out and again I got the usual answer. At that point, I knew I was the problem. I read all the relationship books I could get my hands on. I attended relationship seminars but why were the girls not accepting me?
I concluded that was how God wanted me to be single all my life.

I started giving listening ears to the lady that was always buying things for me. We would go out together, have fun and study together.
One evening, while we were reading, I turned and looked into her eyes and saw genuine love in them.

“Why didn’t I see this long ago?”

This was a lady who loved me with all her hearts and was ready to be my friend forever.
I had no other option but to ask her out.

“I know this sounds crazy but I’d love you to be my girlfriend”.
“Okay”, she responded.

I couldn’t understand what was going on. I was expecting a negative reply.
“I will be your girlfriend”, she added.

This was a dream come true. This was all I wanted. A girl to say YES to me. To prove that I was normal.
I thanked her for accepting me and went back to my books.

In less than a minute, I turned to her and said, “I don’t think I can do this. This is awkward but I want to break up with you”.
“I know. It’s awkward for me too. Let’s break up”, she said.

That was how I got into my first relationship.
My first relationship was my longest relationship and it lasted for just one minute.
I think that should be in Guinness Book of Records.
Now I am ready. I am a graduate and I cannot see any girl running after me.

Livingstone Imonitie

Re: MY LONGEST RELATIONSHIP By Livingstone Imonitie by Crystalqueen(f): 11:33pm On May 27, 2019
Ur time will soon come... Just keep improving yourself!
Re: MY LONGEST RELATIONSHIP By Livingstone Imonitie by Flickzvill(m): 1:44am On May 28, 2019
I believe during your secondary and university days r the times you need to engage in these things like relationships,party, hangouts,breakup etc that's d foundation of learning our parents misled us by telling us to only face our books after uni you can do these things and at the end of the day we have no experience or whatsoever then after uni you come out dumb but brilliant and life hits you with different types of people to deal with and then you loose focus bcz U never experienced anything while growing up. There is no rule to this life take it as it comes learn from it dust your sleepers and move on life's a cycle.

(1) (Reply)

Dump Any Lady Who Complains About The Size Of Your Manhood – S3x Coach / The Network That Pays Without Looking Back / Before You Get Married, Be Very Sure Of The Sexuality Of Your Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.