Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? (6271 Views)

Is It Wrong To Be A Football Clubs Fan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by aadoiza: 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
tintingz:
It's not my fault, I just want to get his logic. grin
Seriously Aswear I don taya fur your matter cry cry
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by tintingz(m): 5:18pm On Jun 03, 2019
aadoiza:

Seriously Aswear I don taya fur your matter cry cry
Don't get tire of logic and reasoning, it's healthy. wink
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by aadoiza: 5:24pm On Jun 03, 2019
tintingz:
You don't always apply logic, sometimes it's "ife inu". Besides logic does not always apply to God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by tintingz(m): 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
aadoiza:

You don't always apply logic, sometimes it's "ife inu". Besides logic does not always apply to God.
So, can we say the idea of your God is illogical?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by aadoiza: 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2019
tintingz:
So, can we say the idea of your God is illogical?
Of course not. But God transcends logic, which merely pertains to humans.
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by tintingz(m): 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
aadoiza:

Of course not. But God transcends logic, which merely pertains to humans.
We're still saying same thing, since logic cannot be apply to God then he's illogical.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by aadoiza: 5:50pm On Jun 03, 2019
tintingz:
We're still saying same thing, since logic cannot be apply to God then he's illogical.
This is one of your "ife inu" I was talking about. Logic or illogicality are constrained or limited but God is not.

1 Like

Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by Empiree: 5:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
This tintingz of a thin...ehnnn sad wink smiley
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by aadoiza: 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
Empiree:
grin grin cheesy
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by tintingz(m): 6:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
aadoiza:

This is one of your "ife inu" I was talking about. Logic or illogicality are constrained or limited but God is not.
God is not limited is your assumptions. Logic is limited to this universe, we can apply logic to things in this observable universe but not outside the universe, we haven't experienced any, we will only be assuming fairytales and assumptions, we don't even know if there is outside.

God is supernatural and not only God, fairies, Santa, Leprechauns, Elves, unicorns etc are supernatural and logic cannot be apply to them. God is mysterious and do mysterious things, he do/does things as he will, so we can say God is illogical.
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by tintingz(m): 6:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
Empiree:
Wetin happun?
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by aadoiza: 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2019
tintingz:
God is not limited is your assumptions. Logic is limited to this universe, we can apply logic to things in this universe but outside the universe, we haven't experienced any, we will only be assuming fairytales and assumptions, we don't even know if there is outside.

God is supernatural and not only God, fairies, Santa, Leprechauns, Elves, unicorns etc are supernatural and logic cannot be apply to them. God is mysterious and do mysterious things, he do/does things as he will, so we can say God is illogical.
Equating God with these...things you mentioned says alot. I don't know what to do with you again. Every possible line of argument has been exhausted on both sides.

If only I have some ruhaniya bent to my will you for learn.
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by tintingz(m): 6:48pm On Jun 03, 2019
aadoiza:

Equating God with these...things you mentioned says alot. I don't know what to do with you again. Every possible line of argument has been exhausted on both sides.

If only I have some ruhaniya bent to my will you for learn.
You are finding it hard to accept God is illogical.

Ok, God is both logical and illogical, agree?
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by aadoiza: 8:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
tintingz:
You are finding it hard to accept God is illogical.

Ok, God is both logical and illogical, agree?
No. It is you who are finding hard to comprehend that being illogical is not synonymous with being beyond logic. This is English, tintingz.
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by tintingz(m): 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2019
aadoiza:

No. It is you who are finding hard to comprehend that being illogical is not synonymous with being beyond logic. This is English, tintingz.
When something is beyond logic then it's not logical atleast in our universe.

When something is beyond physical then it's not physical.

When something is "beyond" it's outside the scope or understanding of it.
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by aadoiza: 10:20pm On Jun 03, 2019
tintingz:

For example: tintingz what you did is beyond morality. Is it the same as tintingz is immoral?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by budaatum: 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2019
tintingz:

tintingz:
It's not my fault, I just want to get his logic. grin

Sorry tintingz. But you are not using "logic" nor "reasoning" nor do you want to "get" anyone's logic!

What you do is create 'concepts' in your head and shove it in other people's head, which is dishonest and tiring.

Ain't it great to have "Allah fuel", people!

Great for yọmuyọmu. Mosquitoes will not bite you!

1 Like

Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by aadoiza: 10:47pm On Jun 03, 2019
budaatum:

Sorry tintingz. But you are not using "logic" nor "reasoning" nor do you want to "get" anyone's logic!

What you do is create 'concepts' in your head and shove it in other people's head, which is dishonest and tiring.

Great for yọmuyọmu, mosquitoes will not bite you!
You captured his activities on here well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by budaatum: 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2019
aadoiza:

To him, a thing is either logical or illogical. He can not understand how for you, a thing can be illogical and logical at the same time such that both logical and illogical are irrelevant.

It is beyond his mind, see. And so it should be. For as the Prophet Bob Marley ṣallā Allāhu ʿalayhi wa-ʿala āli-hi wa-sallam once said,

"Jah will never give the Power to a baldhead!"

Let me make Him sing it Himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meKhfr_CjQ0
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by tintingz(m): 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
aadoiza:

For example: tintingz what you did is beyond morality. Is it the same as tintingz is immoral?
It seems you are still not getting it.

You already have your standard of morality base on religious texts, if I act beyond such morality then yes I'm Immoral to you.

Or why did Allah destroyed the people of Sodom and Gomorrah as claimed in the Qur'an? Was it not because the people acted beyond the morality of Allah? They broke Allah's law?
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by tintingz(m): 11:15pm On Jun 03, 2019
budaatum:

Great for yọmuyọmu, mosquitoes will not bite you!
Lol, you're strawmaning.

I don't create concept in my head, I follow the premises presented!

If you're arguing for Allah then i argue base on Allah's attributes in the Qur'an, even Muslims knows my arguments are what the Quran literally said. If you want to argue about Yahweh then we argue base on Yahweh's attributes. Whatever God you want to argue for you need to give reference or present the idea of God you're arguing for. My arguments are base on premises given and I know the fallacies.

I've asked you countless times to tell us the idea of God you're arguing for, you're jumping from one God to another, I think you're being tricky and careful not to shoot yourself in the foot.

If you want to argue, tell us what you're arguing for and with references and let follow the premises(not jumping from one place to another) so as not to commit fallacies.
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by budaatum: 11:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
tintingz:
No! Only in your head is "something is beyond logic then it's not logical"!

This your "beyond" is a problem. You better explain what you mean by it!

Nothing is "beyond logic". The illogical is a part of the universe. Unless you are saying "the universe is in your head" tingz.

tintingz:

Agreed. Though I disagree with your "beyond". Let me know if what you mean is,

"If a thing is not physical it is not physical", as in, "A thing is either physical or not physical".

tintingz:
"When something is "beyond" it's outside the scope or understanding of it", for you? Not for me! I go up the mountain and.......opps!

Nothing is beyond or "outside the scope of understanding" for me, tingz.
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by budaatum: 11:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
tintingz:
Muslims knows my arguments are what the Quran propose.
Show me one single Muslim who "knows your arguments are what the Quran proposes" tingz!

One single Muslim on here.
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by budaatum: 11:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
tintingz:

If you're arguing for Allah

I've asked you countless times to tell us the idea of God

If you want to argue,
I do not argue for any God tingz.
God does not need arguing for.

God is not an idea that you can get.
That's why you are an atheist or is it not?

Argue is for low mental.
I'm high mental. I reason!
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by tintingz(m): 11:43pm On Jun 03, 2019
budaatum:

No! Only in your head is "something is beyond logic then it's not logical"!
Please define "beyond".

Note: My premise was that "I want to get the logic of @sino arguing for Allah" and @aadoiza said logic is not always apply to God that God is beyond logic.

This your "beyond" is a problem. You better explain what you mean by it!
My beyond is base on definition in the dictionary. And I gave example of it in my premise.

Nothing is "beyond logic". The illogical is a part of the universe. Unless you are saying "the universe is in your head" tingz.
Illogical is the opposite/negative of logic.

Spiritual world is opposite/negative of natural world.

When something is not part of our universe then it's illogical to us here or can you deduce what's outside the universe?

Agreed. Though I disagree with your "beyond". Let me know if what you mean is,

"If a thing is not physical it is not physical", as in, "A thing is either physical or not physical".
Yes

"When something is "beyond" it's outside the scope or understanding of it", for you? Not for me! I go up the mountain and.......opps!

Nothing is beyond or "outside the scope of understanding" for me, tingz.
Can you give your definition of beyond?
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by budaatum: 11:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
tintingz:

Definition of Beyond
1 : something that lies on or to the farther side
2 : something that lies outside the scope of ordinary experience
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by tintingz(m): 12:12am On Jun 04, 2019
budaatum:

Show me one single Muslim who "knows your arguments are what the Quran proposes" tingz!

One single Muslim on here.
Show me one Muslim that said my arguments are not what the Quran proposes.
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by tintingz(m): 12:17am On Jun 04, 2019
budaatum:

I do not argue for any God tingz.
God does not need arguing for.

God is not an idea that you can get.
That's why you are an atheist or is it not?
What are you doing here then?

Argue is for low mental.
I'm high mental. I reason!
In your imagination. grin
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by tintingz(m): 12:21am On Jun 04, 2019
budaatum:

Definition of Beyond
1 : something that lies on or to the farther side
2 : something that lies outside the scope of ordinary experience

So how does this contradict my premises?
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by aadoiza: 1:06am On Jun 04, 2019
budaatum:

To him, a thing is either logical or illogical. He can not understand how for you, a thing can be illogical and logical at the same time such that both logical and illogical are irrelevant.

It is beyond his mind, see. And so it should be. For as the Prophet Bob Marley ṣallā Allāhu ʿalayhi wa-ʿala āli-hi wa-sallam once said,

grin grin grin
Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by aadoiza: 1:20am On Jun 04, 2019
budaatum:

I pity him sometimes. I think his reason for becoming atheist is due to the "band wagon" effect. He jumped ship too soon to have a feel of the trendy atheism only to make a mess of himself on a public forum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philosophical Questions: Where Did Theism Get It Wrong? by aadoiza: 1:24am On Jun 04, 2019
tintingz:
Please define "beyond".

Note: My premise was that "I want to get the logic of @sino arguing for Allah" and @aadoiza said logic is not always apply to God that God is beyond logic.

My beyond is base on definition in the dictionary. And I gave example of it in my premise.

Illogical is the opposite/negative of logic.

Spiritual world is opposite/negative of natural world.

When something is not part of our universe then it's illogical to us here or can you deduce what's outside the universe?

Yes

You're always getting it wrong. You still need to learn a bunch before professing your no-God belief to your people. Na beg I dey beg cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Muhammad Said He Was A Sinner, Why Do Many Muslims Contradict Him ? / Why do Muslims hardly Pray In secular Gatherings? / Acknowledging Mistakes And Making Amendments When Your Attention Is Called To it

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.