Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Never A Dull Moment In Lagos - Budding OAP Tells Relocation Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Never A Dull Moment In Lagos - Budding OAP Tells Relocation Story (396 Views)

Are Nigerian Girls Really This Lazy And Dull? / Girls Shows Her Pussy, Bleep Herself With Love Machine Ice Prince & OAP Dotun Reacts(Vid / 'Why You Are Still Single' - Osi, Beat FM OAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Never A Dull Moment In Lagos - Budding OAP Tells Relocation Story by uche87(m): 2:45pm On May 28, 2019
Oyewole Oluwafoyekemisola, a talented On-Air-Personality relocated from the city of brown roofs to Lagos State to pursue her big dreams and she is telling her story.

I was born, bred, buttered and jammed in Ibadan. I had my primary and secondary education in Ibadan. I made up my mind not to stay in Ibadan for my undergraduate studies, so I went to Obafemi Awolowo University. I stayed all my life in Idi-shin. My church was at ANCE building (Jesus Academy), so my life was essentially school, church and home; I didn’t really have a social life. Plus the fear of my mum’s beating was the beginning of wisdom for me.

I moved to Lagos finally on the 22nd of January 2018. I went for a training at the National Broadcast Academy at Adekunle Fajuyi. I was a bit skeptical about moving because I was scared of Lagos life and Mosquitoes(lol). Moving to Lagos was something I had to do so I left my fears behind and hit the road.

Trust me when I say the atmosphere in Lagos is really different. The hustle starts right from the toll gate unlike the peace and quiet we have in Ibadan. My first night at the academy I couldn’t sleep because there was no light and Mosquitoes did a welcome feast on me! Light was restored like around 6 am, I was happy that I could catch up on sleep a little then came the almighty train! I didn’t know when I started crying(lol); it was that bad!

I haven’t stayed up to a year in Lagos but, man, I have adjusted already o. Before I left Ibadan, I used to feel I couldn’t cope with waking up very early to go to work then come back late and all. At first, it was a bit challenging but now I am so used to it that once it’s 5am I am up; even on a Sunday morning!

Moving around has been fairly easy; Taxify has made my stay there very comfortable, God bless the person behind that. All you have to do is make a request and your ride will be available in the next 5minutes max; unlike the migration cabs we have in Ibadan.

However, I once had an interview in VI, so I requested for an Uber ride because I felt it was going to be more comfortable, little did know that my village people were waiting for me. The ride that was supposed to cost me max between N3,500 – N4000 cost me N8,000 because the driver kept on taking me round and round forming he didn’t really know where I was going to. Thank God I had enough cash on me if not, serious gobe! I later told a friend of mind about what happened, he laughed and said the Uber guy just welcomed you officially to Lagos! I was sad!

There’s never a dull moment in Lagos. I tell my friends that if I had known that this was what Lagos was like, I would have moved a long time ago. If you sell stones in Lagos, people will buy.

I miss the peace and quiet we have in Ibadan. A lot of times, I miss the original amala and gbegiri we have. I also miss the original fresh roasted corn we have in Ibadan a lot of times but, man, Lagos is the money making place, I can’t trade that for anything.

Source: https://awatiibadan.com.ng/never-a-dull-moment-inlagos/fbclid=IwAR2lRqDr4cZZ7iyCQM2O_REu7BaR2ZWuU9Pi88euw5QQlM3xKXVIcJu6Wmo

CC Lalasticlala Seun Ishilove Mynd44 Dominique MissyB3 Fynestboi

1 Like

Re: Never A Dull Moment In Lagos - Budding OAP Tells Relocation Story by jbblues24(m): 11:22pm On May 28, 2019
Such gorgeous.

(1) (Reply)

Ballbusting / Hi Ladies Stay Sexy With This / Calling Vs Texting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.