Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan (6126 Views)

2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Goes For Broke-Sunday Trust / BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak / 2015 Presidency: Jonathan Cautions Sambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by M16: 9:09am On Sep 29, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt]PRAISE THE LORD[/size][/size]

At last Jonathan is admitting to zoning existing. thats a first step. His arguement now is whether zoning is before or after the elections.
Question is if zoning was not in place before election, will jonathan ever become vice president. why is it that the president and vice are not from the same zone.

So jonathan and his supporters should stop having selective amnesia or try to dance around the truth.

The issue of Jonathan being untainted by corruption is a fallacy. Madam Patience or is it Dame was being investigated by EFCC. Till now that case has not been closed. If jonathan becomes the president, it will be the first time a president will be elected with a case of corruption hanging around him or his family.

However sad and unfortunate the issue of zoning is, its a necessary evil Nigeria has to deal with, till we grow above tribal and ethnic sentiments. Politics is a game of numbers and some zones,tribes and regions have the numbers. This will make them always dominate the other zones,tribes or regions

PDP constitution is confusing and very unclear, but their should be honour amongst theives
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by Kabikala(m): 9:44am On Sep 29, 2010
@truly:

This is the link to the story which you quoted on how Yar'Adua emerged PDP presidential candidate according to El-Rufai. I found it on NigeriaVillageSquare. I wasn't aware that it was published in ThisDay.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/nasir-el-rufai/umaru-yaradua-great-expectation-disappointing-outcome-updated-with-annexes.html
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by pingu2k5(m): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2010
Please oh, I need some clarification here. When they talk of zoning in the PDP constitution, is for a tenure or two tenures? I can still remember that Jonathan is there to complete the tenure of a northerner?
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by Ayowumie(m): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2010
K,k:

these northern presidential candidates are scared of GEJ,thats y they are fighting for zoning.MAN UP N CONTEST PLS, go get that seat for us GEJ n make us proud, pls vote y'all.
They are not scared of GEJ, they are only scared that GEJ would use incumbency as a factor to beat all of them into submission. Or better still, all of them know that PDP has the machinery to rig any and every election. I pray this doesn't work this time around.

gmy2k:

Zoning or on zoning it tells how ingrate Nigerians are. At least if not 4 anything, but 4 d fact that our asss have been saved from struggling for fuel at the filing station. What our past MUROONS so called leaders including the vampire styled IBB, couldn't achieve for years, even the Crying Freeman Yara Adua had to lament on the role of cabal frustrating his effort in the oil sector but to no avail, despite all the funds allocated to the sector. Thank God 4 GEJ 4 proving to them within a period of 4 months that they r bunches of ITT -International Thief Thief raised to power ten, yet majority still dont see reasons why GEJ should b given a chance. Screw all d NON-supporters of GEJ. There'r all enemies of progress. These category of people'll still find fault even if Christ wants to rule Nigeria. Its my 1st post in this forum, i hate to sound this way but i'm happy to drop it like am HOT [about d issue].
The fact that Nigerians are no longer queueing for fuel is not the only criteria thru which a candidate should be voted into power. It takes more than that. What abt day light corruption by govt officials? If he can tackle corruption from the high level alone, i could bet that millions of Nigerians would idolise him.
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by 9ijaMan: 10:20am On Sep 29, 2010
Ayowumie:

The fact that Nigerians are no longer queueing for fuel is not the only criteria thru which a candidate should be voted into power. It takes more than that. What abt day light corruption by govt officials? If he can tackle corruption from the high level alone, i could bet that millions of Nigerians would idolise him.

A typical example is the plan to import/purchase garbage bins for about One Billion Naira from the UK. Absolute daylight corruption!
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by bisiaet: 10:21am On Sep 29, 2010
He cited the example of Kwara State, saying that “In Kwara State, you see that Saraki is leaving, because the Nigerian constitution allows for two tenure, but, of course, the younger sister is contesting. If the party has zoned the position, definitely, somebody from that senatorial district cannot contest, except the younger sister is from a different senatorial district

I have be waiting for this opportunity to come especially this Saraki of a thing.First I love the way GEJ did the breakdown so let Saraki come out now and talk.

I realised out of his fakenes he is now systematically omiting Bukola from His and he is now Abubarkar Saraki so sorry when a man does not know his history he become a jumper with lost identity in the name of just been refer to as North.

Secondly if he talking of zoning what does he and his father turning kwara to?
Saraki & family kwara state Ltd isnit(SKS Ltd)? It's a shame both Him Bukola sorry Abubakar, IBB, Atiku has no direction if these three men are the candidate of the North for 2011 presidency then the North PDP faction are not serious yet because these men are all ERRORS in capital.
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by justdtruth: 10:27am On Sep 29, 2010
there is a popular saying in yoruba land

'ija lode ti orin fi di owe'

meaning: when there is a fight, songs become 'proverbs' (i.e it is perceived as a means to insult the other party).

and that is what the zoning song has become

i have always advocated that we should all join political parties or have political parties members as associates or pay active attention to political parties activities and not just read newspapers to become political analyst.

the zoning issue has always been with us. local government elections, house of assemblies elections and governorship elections.
and pls, dont get something wrong. zoning is not just a pdp affair. just like the federal character issue which i think is just another grammar for zoning, it is evident in all the political parties.

and you know the first argument for this at party meetings, this is the only way we can maintain equity, fairness and justice. and to be frank, if you consider the psyche of nigerians now, i am sorry to say that it is not far from the truth.

because the candidates that emerge from these arrangements sometimes are already popular or have a level of acceptance from the people, then it seems there are no issues.

it would be deceitful for any body to say there is no zoning.

the argument of GEJ is like another saying of the yorubas

'ti won ba fun were loko, o do ara re ni yi i o koko ro si'

if you give a mad man a hoe, he would  turn the soil toward himself
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 29, 2010
By denying the obvious, Jonathan is simply playing the politicts of convinience. This is a very bad sign.

Say no to PDP and their confusion. Let us go for an outright shift/change
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 29, 2010
personally, i think gej should just have kept mum , or let his jobbers/ supporters trash out this issue

these assertions may come back to haunt him

at the very least, they cast him to all non ND folk as a person whose word is expedient to the current circumstances
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by RemKen: 11:25am On Sep 29, 2010
According to Jonahan, in 2001 constitution, Article 7(2)(c) said: “In pursuance of the principles of equity, justice and fairness, the party shall adhere to the policy of rotation and zoning of party and public elective offices and it shall be enforced by the appropriate executive committee at all levels, from councillor to presidency.”

I’m not a lawyer, but according to GEJ, policy of rotation is to be adhere to for PARTY and PUBLIC ELECTIVE OFFICES, and to the best of my knowledge, the office of the president is an elective office, not by appointment and he said it was included in the consititution, so what is he now saying that it comes up after election? Please correct me if my interpretation is wrong…,

GEJ shouldn’t have interpret zoning as an after effect of elections because that does not make any sense to people who can see beyond their noses but rather defend his ambition as not against the zoning arrangement of the party since it was not stated in the consititution how many years will a zone hold on to power and no nigeria law stipulated that a president MUST rule for two terms of 4 yrs each (that means not assumed), it only says CANNOT rule for more than two terms. Therefore, GEJ can base his argument on the fact that the presidency can come to the SOUTH (which ever one) now since it was the north that got it last time and other electives offices zoned accordingly, this will be better than turning things upsidedown and some people are applauding him.

My one cent advice for nigerians, wait for parties to present their candidates and then VOTE for your candidate of choice, your abusive words or any manner of insult cannot make any one accept your argument, IF YOU DON’T KNOW, NO ONE WINS AN ARGUMENT!!!! The ONLY way to win IS NOT TO START IT!!!
God bless Nigeria….
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by Golfer: 11:46am On Sep 29, 2010
People should stop talking about zoning.  If you believe in zoning to the North then vote Ribadu.  In my opinion there will be 2 candidiates to vote for in 2011, Jonathan and Ribadu.

Follow your hearts by voting, just lets make sure that we do not have aspirants like IBB or Atiku emerge as the major candidiates.

The choice is yours, lets come out and vote. Put your vote where your mind or mouth is,
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by Vavavoom(m): 11:54am On Sep 29, 2010
While it is morally corrupt to shift the goal post midway into the game it is all too familiar that ours has always been the politics of opportunity and hardly service delivery based. Jonathan is being schooled about the principle of gentility and honour by people with the ''wrong foot''. Atiku, Saraki and IBB are hardly different from who they condemn. Saraki and his family have Kwara state locked down as a family business. Father-to-son and daughter in the frame to take over. Wither zoning in Kwara guber, Saraki? Abi gentleman agreement no follow for that side?  . Now on to Atiku, he tells whomever has ears to listen that the slot belongs to the north according to the pdp constitution, good, but ''ungentlemanly'' fails to acknowledgeabi na purposefully forget sef cheesy the same pdp constitution prevents a deserter to immediately seek elective position upon readmittance into the party-in fact it clearly states that a minimum of two years must pass by before any such deserti be allowed to contest for any elective positionGEJ & Nwodo even give bros waiver grin. Now for one who has been involved in political prostitution and pdp name-calling to preach about morality and gentleman conduct as it concerns obedience to pdp constitution smacks of hypocrisy. Zoning to his likes mean, an opportunity for me, myself to actualise my dream to be president under a dubious party even if it means going back to my vomit. I ask, Atiku, why not zoning to the North West? At least UMYA didn't finish his 8 year term so why not pick someone from pdp within that region to complete the NW term? Ah! I just realised Atiku is from the North East cheesy. There you go, a man who wants to abide by a constitution selectively as it suits him. The same holds true for IBB though not a deserter but on grounds of regional zoning im no qulify. Clearly all of these charlatans, Jonathan inclusive are opportunists and are not different from each other.  Take away the squandered wealth being shared recklessly by the centre and you have men bereft of anything resembling a people-centred idea capable of delivering service to the people they govern. Like someone said they won't leave voluntarily unless credible men with progressive ideas join forces to lead the many who desire change but are indifferent and caught in tribal sentiments that last until their champion is dethroned. make we think.
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by naso2(m): 11:55am On Sep 29, 2010
@RemKen

Instead of this your long "tales by moonlight", just answer the question : Is zoning for the presidency alone? if the constitution says from councilorship to presidential slots, then just answer if zoning has been observed in governorship elections?

@justdtruth

Forget all this your parables quoted out of context. Everyone left the elections for SW as conciliation for the anullment of june 12 and subsequent death of MKO, thereafter, there has never been anything close to zoning. If OBJ had a better candidate from the south that , he was sure would beat Atiku, he would have fielded such instead of UMYA.
In summary just answer the following questions:

1. Does the PDP practice this section as stated in the constitution at all levels? state, LG,senate or is it just for the presidency alone?

2. Why did the PDP exco sell forms to candidates from the north in 2003 and why did we have more southern candidates picking up forms in 2007 and why did we not hear this zoning noise from the north then?

3. What is the duration each zone can enjoy in office, must it be 8 years?

4. Since UMYA is from the north west, then why has the north not restircted it to candidates from the northwest. why do we have Atiku,ibb and saraki who are from North east and north central respectively?
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by Kabikala(m): 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2010
10 BASIC FACTS
1.) PDP espouses zoning and inserted it in its constitution.
2.) In its constitution, PDP did not specify the order of zoning, or the tenure of political office holders who benefit from zoning; it also did not specify whether it is between north and south, or between the 6 geo-political zones.
3.) Apart from 1999, the position of presidency in the PDP has always been contested for by aspirants from both north and south. The decision to allow only aspirants from the south in 1999 was obviously to assuage the region for the pains of June 12 and the death of MKO and does not represent a permanent rotational arrangement.
4.) The zoning of political offices in the PDP follows the geo-political regions. For example, from 1999 to 2003 when Obasanjo was president, his deputy was from north-east, the senate president was from south east, the house speaker was from north west and so on. When Yar'Adua came in, his vice was from south south, the senate president emerged from north central and the house speaker is from south west.
5.) The only way zoning could work legally is to practice it democratically in line with the country's constitution. The party may state its preference for the regions or zones that would produce the next candidate while allowing the members select through a democratic process, their flagbearers. Not by banning or stopping anyone from contesting as that would be absolutely illegal and against the spirit and letters of the country's constitution.
6.) The fear of the northern  aspirants would have been non-existent if GEJ was not an incumbent. Their fear is solely because they could see loss staring at them in the face and need any weapon, fair and unfair, to stop GEJ.  When Atiku was trying to contest against OBJ in 2003, no one stopped him on the basis of zoning. In fact, apart from the 1999 PDP primary elections, no aspirant has ever been prevented from contesting for the PDP presidential primaries on the basis of zoning. I expect northern aspirants who preach zoning to campaign to PDP delegates to vote for them because of zoning, not by trying to stop GEJ from contesting.
7.) Saraki should just keep quiet. He has shown clearly that he is a hypocrite. Preaching zoning at the national level while pushing for "a level-playing field for all aspirants from all zones" at the state level.
8.) IBB just a few months ago at the convocation of Madonna University campaigned for the removal of federal character from Nigeria's constitution so that we can select our best based on merit. Now with his ambition failing to take off, he has suddenly joined the campaign train for zoning.
9.) It is uncharitable for the northern PDP aspirants to suggest that, through the Obasanjo presidency, the south-south and south east have been well-compensated for the feeling of marginalization they suffered since independence. If the PDP must zone the presidency to a particular region, who has a better argument? The north which had political power for over 35 of Nigeria's 50 post-independence years? Or the south-east and south-south who enjoyed it for less than 2 years combined?
10.) The argument that there are no credible candidates contesting for PDP presidential ticket from the south means they support zoning is ludicrous. What if they have all decided to support GEJ? What if they just don't fancy their chances? Why did Rochas contest and got votes against Yar'Adua in 2007 if there was zoning? It was obvious that the PDP zoning approach is simply to anoint a preferred candidate and then mobilize delegates to vote for that preferred candidate. It was never to stop anyone from trying out their chances.
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by Reference(m): 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2010
I have been waiting for that particular word and OYB said it. The constitution of PDP  from day 1 has always been one of expediency. It has always been interpreted by the most powerful figure in the party at the particular time. As far as I can remember I have not seen  a single primary - this should be the fourth where only candidates from either north or south, or from one geo zone has contested. In OBJ's time, Rimi, Gemade, Atiku, Okorocha, you name them all contested. It wasn't exclusively a south thing, neither was it a south west thing then. The only thread that appears to bind the opponents then was that they felt the party had drifted and a change was necessary. Zoning of the contestant had never happened. But the President is correct, after the presidency other positions have to fall in line, but this cannot be called zoning but an issue of Federal Character that has been in practice (and in the constitution for that matter) since the military era. IBB, Atiku, Saraki are trying to ride the wave of expediency now and its fair for Goodluck to fight back. Whoever wins, like OBJ in the Yaradua saga, will write his laws but none of them can claim it is universal for their party thoughtless of the nation.

PS: Saraki should just shut up. If the state party chairman did not oppose his moves will he not continue his monarchial rule through his sister. Now that power is slipping in his backyard and he's attacking the Abuja base camp expediency has decided he turns to this so-called zoning. Loser.
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by RemKen: 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2010
@na so

call my post any name you like, your questions show clearly you know nothing about nigeria politics, zoning is everywhere for as much as I know, if I’m wrong then give us examples of previous office holders from any state where such arrangement (atleast for PDP) was not respected while handing over to another person. Infact, sometime I wonder if there are primary school pupils here (you asked someone else about zoning duration which I said is a good reason why GJ can contest since it’s not stated in the constitution). I didn’t against nor support GEJ in my post and wouldn’t know why you are questioning my opinion. From what I said, Jonathan is free to contest and probably win but is not proper for him to say zoning comes after election, how can you believe such thing? I will be the most stupid person on earth to believe such statement no matter who said it. I always stand for truth even if it hurts me, that’s the difference between us.
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by justdtruth: 12:54pm On Sep 29, 2010
always stand for the truth even if it hurts

this is the first step towards doing things right in nigeria if we want changes
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2010
Vavavoom:

While it is morally corrupt to shift the goal post midway into the game it is all too familiar that ours has always been the politics of opportunity and hardly service delivery based. Jonathan is being schooled about the principle of gentility and honour by people with the ''wrong foot''. Atiku, Saraki and IBB are hardly different from who they condemn. Saraki and his family have Kwara state locked down as a family business. Father-to-son and daughter in the frame to take over. Wither zoning in Kwara guber, Saraki? Abi gentleman agreement no follow for that side? . Now on to Atiku, he tells whomever has ears to listen that the slot belongs to the north according to the pdp constitution, good, but ''ungentlemanly'' fails to acknowledgeabi na purposefully forget sef cheesy the same pdp constitution prevents a deserter to immediately seek elective position upon readmittance into the party-in fact it clearly states that a minimum of two years must pass by before any such deserti be allowed to contest for any elective positionGEJ & Nwodo even give bros waiver grin. Now for one who has been involved in political prostitution and pdp name-calling to preach about morality and gentleman conduct as it concerns obedience to pdp constitution smacks of hypocrisy. Zoning to his likes mean, an opportunity for me, myself to actualise my dream to be president under a dubious party even if it means going back to my vomit. I ask, Atiku, why not zoning to the North West? At least UMYA didn't finish his 8 year term so why not pick someone from pdp within that region to complete the NW term? Ah! I just realised Atiku is from the North East cheesy. There you go, a man who wants to abide by a constitution selectively as it suits him. The same holds true for IBB though not a deserter but on grounds of regional zoning im no qulify. Clearly all of these charlatans, Jonathan inclusive are opportunists and are not different from each other. Take away the squandered wealth being shared recklessly by the centre and you have men bereft of anything resembling a people-centred idea capable of delivering service to the people they govern. Like someone said they won't leave voluntarily unless credible men with progressive ideas join forces to lead the many who desire change but are indifferent and caught in tribal sentiments that last until their champion is dethroned. make we think.

that sums it up for me.

gej is free to contest interpet constitution as he wishes - but he should not try to puand his acolytes should stop tryinmg to pull the wool over our eyes with this gej stands for change bs
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by madejibo: 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2010
Basically Nigerian politicians use situations to accommodate their ambitions, Jonathan gave a good one there in that report but I can assure u if jonathan was at d other side of d divide he ll also give a wonderful speech. To me he is not better
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by anonimi: 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2010
Ayowumie:

They are not scared of GEJ, they are only scared that GEJ would use incumbency as a factor to beat all of them into submission. Or better still, all of them know that PDP has the machinery to rig any and every election. I pray this doesn't work this time around.

siddon there dey pray while SERIOUS people are going around politicking and allocating posts and your heritage to themselves.
If you don't want it to "work this time around" you need to register to vote and mobilise ALL your relations and friends to do the same thing.[/b]why should GEJ tackle corruption when he is beneffiting from it by spreading teh largesse and staying in power
pure wishful thinking.
when we are READY we will decide to count and pressure for change by exercising our democratic prerogative- [b]line up, queue up to register and vote.
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by agitator: 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2010
princekevo:

It is time we stop seeing this PDP constitutional problem as a Nigerian problem and any PDP member who is using the unity of Nigeria to make claim out of this conflict is nothing but a hypocrite. We are not running one party system in Nigeria, so for someone to say PDP zoning agreement will affect credible election in Nigeria is jst an evidence that PDP will never conduct any free and fair election. For example, are we saying if PDP could not present a candidate for 2011 poll becoz of their own constitutional crises, that there wont be an election, or we can't vote in another candidate from another party?

If not for foolishness tell me how anyone could argue that an agreement made by jst one party will affect the general election which many parties Will be involve. Are we the voters even supposed to be concerned abt how PDP chooses their flagbearer.  If we have any thing like credible election in Nigeria why would the whole Nation be worried abt who ever emerges from PDP out of their silly zoning madness. If we are sure of free and fair election in 2011, PDP can go to hell with their zoning madness. All we need to be concerned abt is to vote in a credible person irrespective of his party, tribe or zone.

Gbam, my brother people are really foolish while claiming to be wise. Even so called intellects, and people still wonder why nothing works in Nigeria. Intellects my foot.
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by agitator: 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2010
madejibo:

Basically Nigerian politicians use situations to accommodate their ambitions, Jonathan gave a good one there in that report but I can assure u if jonathan was at d other side of d divide he ll also give a wonderful speech. To me he is not better

Exactly, that is how they have been using tribalism, ethnicity and religion, I wonder when Nigerians will ever learn. undecided
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by Beaf: 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2010
M16:

[size=8pt][size=8pt]PRAISE THE LORD[/size][/size]

At last Jonathan is admitting to zoning existing. thats a first step. His arguement now is whether zoning is before or after the elections.
Question is if zoning was not in place before election, will jonathan ever become vice president. why is it that the president and vice are not from the same zone.

So jonathan and his supporters should stop having selective amnesia or try to dance around the truth.

The issue of Jonathan being untainted by corruption is a fallacy. Madam Patience or is it Dame was being investigated by EFCC. Till now that case has not been closed. If jonathan becomes the president, it will be the first time a president will be elected with a case of corruption hanging around him or his family.

However sad and unfortunate the issue of zoning is, its a necessary evil Nigeria has to deal with, till we grow above tribal and ethnic sentiments. Politics is a game of numbers and some zones,tribes and regions have the numbers. This will make them always dominate the other zones,tribes or regions

PDP constitution is confusing and very unclear, but their should be honour amongst theives

How can a case that never existed still be open? shocked
You people just thrive on rumours, beer palour stories and mama-put gossip. These words are by Ribadu himself, he took time out to condemn the liers who are out to tarnish his name and Jonathans;

[b][size=14pt]Ribadu also denied allegations that he mishandled a corruption case against Dame Patience, when her husband, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, was governor of Bayelsa State.
He said that it was propaganda to taint his image and that of Jonathan during the 2007 polls.

Ribadu explained that the EFCC never handled any case against Patience. “The case had to do with a lady and a man who lodged huge sums of money in the bank. The EFCC was alerted by the bank and an investigation was carried out,” he said.
According to him, it was found that they legitimately earned the money through contracts executed in the state. All the reports in the media were lies, he insisted.

“For instance, it was initially reported that N70 million was lodged into the bank. Later, it was reported that the money ran into millions of dollars. Such was the extent of the lies,” he said, maintaining: “We never handled a case against Patience Jonathan.”
Meanwhile, Tofa is set to declare his presidential ambition on the platform of ANPP today in Abuja.[/size][/b]

http://www.channelstv.com/global/news_details.php?nid=22684&cat=Politics
http://www.nigeriannewsservice.com/archive/lead-stories/ribadu-tofa-declare-atiku-writes-all-pdp-delegates

[size=21pt]Goodluck Nigeria! A man untainted by corruption! Fresh Air 2011![/size]
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by seanet02: 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2010
Zoning is EVIL
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by ezegold4we: 6:49pm On Sep 29, 2010
as i watch jonathan yesterday trying to belittle himself on the issue of zoning,i pity for my country nigeria and the type of dishonest leaders we have.

he was saying that zoning is done only when the presidenct and the vice had emerged,then my question to him is,was he picked for vp before umaru yaradua emerged the winner of the 2007 general selection organised by maruice ewu,sorry iwu??

the real truth here is that jonathan because of his ulterior motive and inordinate ambition has decided to be economical with the truth,and by there trying to over heat the polity.
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by Ayowumie(m): 9:00am On Sep 30, 2010
ezegold4we:

as i watch jonathan yesterday trying to belittle himself on the issue of zoning,i pity for my country nigeria and the type of dishonest leaders we have.

he was saying that zoning is done only when the presidenct and the vice had emerged,then my question to him is,was he picked for vp before umaru yaradua emerged the winner of the 2007 general selection organised by maruice ewu,sorry iwu??

the real truth here is that jonathan because of his ulterior motive and inordinate ambition has decided to be economical with the truth,
People would do anything to cling to corridors of power. In politics, just like in intn'l relations, you only permanent interest and never a permanent friend. As to the motives been 'ulterior', it depends on the angle through which you are doing the analysis. Is there any among the contestants that does not have ulterior motives for contesting?
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by vicknesh: 9:39am On Sep 30, 2010
The NPLF, a major coalition seeking power shift to the North, made its position known in a statement in Abuja, signed by a former President of the Senate, Dr. Iyorchia Ayu.

Some members of the forum are: Adamu Ciroma, Yahaya Kwande, Lawal Kaita, Mogaji Dambata, Ahmadu Kurfi, Audu Ogbeh and Tanko Yakassai.

They asked the international community to call the President to order over his actions that are, in their view, capable of undermining the Constitution and democracy.

They also alleged that the President is adopting a do-or-die posture as it was before the 2007 elections.

The group accused the President of intolerance of opposing views in his bid to retain power.

It said: "Recently he falsified history by declaring openly that zoning in the PDP does not include the Office of President and Vice-President. Section 7.2c of the PDP Constitution states clearly that: "In pursuance of the principle of equity, justice and fairness, the party shall adhere to the policy of rotation and zoning of party and public elective offices and it shall be enforced by the appropriate Executive Committee at all levels." It does not give exception to the offices of the President and Vice-President.

"The recent public humiliation of respected political leaders of the Southeast, among whom were a former Vice-President, Senate President, former governors, ministers and highly-respected leaders is symptomatic of dictatorship, which is going out of fashion in other countries of Africa and in the Third World.

"Last month, the administration caused the cancellation of a meeting of Northern governors and other political leaders scheduled to take place in Kaduna. Also, last month, we the NPLF were compelled to issue a public statement condemning the selective targeting of governors and state governments perceived to be pro-zoning and opposed to the unbridled ambition of Goodluck Jonathan.

"Consistent with this mindset, the wife of the President publicly berated the elected Governor of Rivers State. Despite widespread public outcry and condemnation, no apologies were extended to the governor and people of Rivers State. This precipitated mass protests in Port Harcourt.

Jonathan, in a statement by his campaign organisation, rejected the group’s claim. The statement by Director of Media and Publicity of the Goodluck Jonathan/Namadi Sambo Presidential Campaign Organisation, Mr Sully Abu, said "allegations of the involvement of the government of President Jonathan in actions which the Forum claimed were ‘capable of undermining democracy and the country’s Constitution’ have become characteristic.

"The allegations were designed to impugn the integrity of the President. In that endeavour, the Forum is bound to fail woefully in the eyes of right-thinking Nigerians.

"We wonder what these political leaders want to bequeath to the country, if they insist on fouling the political atmosphere by overheating the polity through tendentious accusations. We call on Nigerians to ignore such tantrums.

"Agencies of government do not have to wait for any prompting or directive to perform their statutory functions and no one should cast aspersions on the president in this regard.

"Nowhere in the statement is the Forum concerned about the welfare of Nigerians. The focus of the Forum mainly is how to stop President Jonathan from contesting the 2011 presidential election.

"In contrast, President Jonathan’s mission is how to transform Nigeria and to touch the lives of the populace in a positive way.

"We counsel all politicians to heed the advice of President Jonathan to run issues-based campaign as he will not be intimidated by any manner of underhand and diversionary tactics from the political opposition under any guise.

"We seize this opportunity to emphasise that President Jonathan is running on a national, not sectional or zonal platform, and call on his opponents to do the same." cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2010
One reason why I "like" GEJ's position on their PDP zoning is that good or bad, PDP will come out weaker in 2011.

Say no to one party state!
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by namdo(m): 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2010
FACE IT. Who is the most un-corrupted among the presidential candidates this time? GEAJ or RIBADU, but i chose GEAJ for experience and i believe he will keep the masses close to 'chest', then later Ribadu, maybe Buhari (he could not 'finish' when he came in maybe he could have done better than those who took over power)

Bottom line: register, vote, make sure our votes are counted and results upheld. If this is done, i can bet the bad guy will not succeed in getting into aso rock this time.

GEAJ is the hope of the masses of this country- North, South, East and West. If he shows otherwise, we will also cryout. cheesy
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by alldone(m): 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2010
Zoning or no Zoning, this guys would have done worst if they were in power.
If Atiku were humble enough he would have being president now.

IBB should not even talk.

Saraki a joker
if we have to go by zoning they are not qualify too.
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by 9ijaMan: 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2010
namdo:

FACE IT. Who is the most un-corrupted among the presidential candidates this time? GEAJ or RIBADU, but i chose GEAJ for experience and i believe he will keep the masses close to 'chest', then later Ribadu, maybe Buhari (he could not 'finish' when he came in maybe he could have done better than those who took over power)

Bottom line: register, vote, make sure our votes are counted and results upheld. If this is done, i can bet the bad guy will not succeed in getting into aso rock this time.

GEAJ is the hope of the masses of this country- North, South, East and West. If he shows otherwise, we will also cryout. cheesy

What hope did Jonathan fulfill for the people of Bayelsa when he was there as Governor? Stop deceiving yourself!
Re: Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan by Beaf: 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2010
9ijaMan:

What hope did Jonathan fulfill for the people of Bayelsa when he was there as Governor? Stop deceiving yourself!

Dude, you expose ignorance each time you make this wicked statement. Do you know or care why MEND was formed?
In case you don't, I'll sum it up for you. Bayelsa was the most deprived patch of Nigeria despite the area producing 30% of Nigeria's oil, it wasn't even connected to the national grid (NEPA) until 2006. You need to clean up your mouth, cos your utterances are very unwise.

If you had a case of mismanagement in Bayelsa against Jonathan, it would be different, but you are here laughing at people who have been deprived in such an evil way by the federal govt. Laugh on, there is the law of karma.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Bishop's Prophecy Is Coming To Past / BREAKING NEWS - Audu Wins Kogi Governorship Election - Thisday / Over 2 Million People Engage In Illegal Mining For Survival — FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.