Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:54 PM

Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) (12895 Views)

Protest In Benin Over Demolition Of Houses By Governor Obaseki (Photos) / The Moment APC Screening Committee Disqualified Obaseki (Photos, Video) / Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by IMASTEX: 5:36pm On May 28, 2019
SocialJustice:
Why hasn't Obaseki completed the hospital, that is like the best hospital in Edo/Delta.
The hospital is completed & fully equipped on papers. Should he rebudget for that again?!
Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by Reference(m): 5:39pm On May 28, 2019
ogunsj:
Obaseki is going about it in the wrong way. if he has any issue with the party echelon in the state in regards to his re election he should meet the party leaders and iron out things behind closed doors not these sponsored rallies. Oshiomhole chased out Ize Iyamu out of APC because of obaseki, he fell out with his deputy Pius odubu because of obaseki, Oshiomhole did every thing humanly possible to make sure obaseki succeed him, his senatorial district gave the vote that brought obaseki to power, even the binis that are jumping up and down for obaseki now never supported him, therefore Oshiomhole deserves some respect. obaseki should act with wisdom and shouldn't allow sycophants and political jobbers around him mislead him and pitch him against his benefactor.

He owes nobody nothing. Even if he is removed tomorrow he should stand independently with the people not a clique. The election that brought him to power was that of the people. It is not called democracy for nothing. Will you say the same if President Buhari was bowing down to Tinubu, Obasanjo and others that facilitated his presidency in 2015. Anyone who isn't satisfied is free to contest against him. This is not a monarchy or autocracy.
Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by SocialJustice: 6:11pm On May 28, 2019
IMASTEX:

The hospital is completed & fully equipped on papers. Should he rebudget for that again?!
Oh but the reality is different and Obaseki probably wants the contractor to finish the job they have already been paid for. If that is the case then Obaseki should let it slide and re award the contract for the sake of Edo people. The indictment is not on him but Oshiomhole.
Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by zoedew: 6:13pm On May 28, 2019
Go get your PVCs. Vote when it’s to do so. That’s the way to go!
Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by Automatic3444(m): 6:34pm On May 28, 2019
Donmedra:
he called the mediocre called obaseki a wake and see governor.

I'm now asking to list his achievements since 2016

I am from Edo state I will totally tell u that oshiomole first term was far better than obaseki. I guess both are working to loot the state dry
Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by IMASTEX: 6:36pm On May 28, 2019
SocialJustice:
Oh but the reality is different and Obaseki probably wants the contractor to finish the job they have already been paid for. If that is the case then Obaseki should let it slide and re award the contract for the sake of Edo people. The indictment is not on him but Oshiomhole.
You're correct.
The guy is not a politician. He is only concern about work. Osho is fighting to control the state & keep his greed constantly fed. That is my state, I can see what the guy is doing even when he is silent unlike the parrot that just make noise when he was Governor.

1 Like

Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by Born2Breed(f): 6:46pm On May 28, 2019
What has Obaseki achieved?

If all schools in Edo State are dying then Obaseki is a failure.

The population of Obaseki family is more than these crowd here.

1 Like

Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by SocialJustice: 7:16pm On May 28, 2019
IMASTEX:

You're correct.
The guy is not a politician. He is only concern about work. Osho is fighting to control the state & keep his greed constantly fed. That is my state, I can see what the guy is doing even when he is silent unlike the parrot that just make noise when he was Governor.
Edo people sha, you guys are too funny. As bad as you think Oshiomole was, Deltans are praying to have such a man as governor. Even with Delta state receiving the highest allocation, salaries and pensions are still being owed. No infrastructure development to justify what the money is being used for.

1 Like

Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by NonsoWow: 7:27pm On May 28, 2019
sexiestharam:
I am so happy with what is happening in Edo state. Oshiomole installed his puppet in the state house to continue to control the state. The puppet decided to loose himself from Oshiomole's apron. Now he wants him out but the people want Obaseki to stay. Game of thrones Naija version. grin
Yeah, Obaseki will win this battle. Same happened in Anambra and Obiano triumphed over Obi.
Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 7:30pm On May 28, 2019
SocialJustice:
Edo people sha, you guys are too funny. As bad as you think Oshiomole was, Deltans are praying to have such a man as governor. Even with Delta state receiving the highest allocation, salaries and pensions are still being owed. No infrastructure development to justify what the money is being used for.
Throughout his eight year tenure, Oshiomhole only concentrated attention on four LGAs and only extended gestures of tokenism to the remaining 14. The LGAs which received most of his projects are Oredo, Ikpoba-Okah, Egor and his native Etsako West LGA.
Delta Governors don't discriminate like that in spreading projects even though they might not be doing much of them as you suggest. Moreover, Delta State's civil service wage burden is too heavy hence the state hardly has anything left for capital projects after paying salaries. This is in addition to the fact that the terrain in the state is mostly coastal hence infrastructural projects like roads gulp more funds than they would in Edo which is more inland.
Okowa in a speech in 2017 lamented the crippling wage bill of Delta.

1 Like

Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by Mcreloaded(m): 7:50pm On May 28, 2019
[quote author=SocialJustice post=78800667]Why hasn't Obaseki completed the hospital, that is like the best hospital in Edo/Delta. [/quote

Hospital that was commissioned by Mr President while Oshiomhole was governor and you are complaining why has Obaseki not completed the hospital and in the same breath you claim the hospital is the best in Edo and Delta State.

I don't understand how a hospital you complained has not been completed talk less of functioning will now be the best in Edo and Delta State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by SocialJustice: 9:39pm On May 28, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Throughout his eight year tenure, Oshiomhole only concentrated attention on four LGAs and only extended gestures of tokenism to the remaining 14. The LGAs which received most of his projects are Oredo, Ikpoba-Okah, Egor and his native Etsako West LGA.
Delta Governors don't discriminate like that in spreading projects even though they might not be doing much of them as you suggest. Moreover, Delta State's civil service wage burden is too heavy hence the state hardly has anything left for capital projects after paying salaries. This is in addition to the fact that the terrain in the state is mostly coastal hence infrastructural projects like roads gulp more funds than they would in Edo which is more inland.
Okowa in a speech in 2017 lamented the crippling wage bill of Delta.
Yeah, we actually like Oshiomole based on projects in Oredo, Egor and Ikpoba.

Do not mind Okowa, the bloated civil service is a loophole governors use for paying themselves. I have a friend in the accounting cadre of Delta state civil service, the things that goes on there are not what I can even share here especially in the office of accountant general and director of finance. Delta state is ruined.
Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 10:16pm On May 28, 2019
SocialJustice:
Yeah, we actually like Oshiomole based on projects in Oredo, Egor and Ikpoba.

Do not mind Okowa, the bloated civil service is a loophole governors use for paying themselves. I have a friend in the accounting cadre of Delta state civil service, the things that goes on there are not what I can even share here especially in the office of accountant general and director of finance. Delta state is ruined.
If you give Oshiomhole Delta State to govern, he will likely concentrate only on the three Warri LGAs and Oshimili where the capital is, and I am sure you won't like it. This is why a lot of Edo people now resent him. If you go to Owan East and West LGAs, and Akoko-Edo, you will start asking whether those were parts of Edo State which Oshiomhole governed. Ironically these LGAs share boundaries his own Etsako West.
But Obaseki, an Oredo man, is currently touching every LGAs more attention dedicated to the 14 neglected by Oshiomhole. During Oshiomhole's reign, communities lobbied him for projects and he snubbed them. But Obaseki takes projects to remote communities without anyone going to visit him in Osadebey Avenue to complain first. I can count at least ten roads Obaseki has done in my community without anyone lobbying him. He has even just completed the repair of a federal road neglected for donkey years by the FG. Though he too is not immune to shortcomings and poor judgement on some issues.

1 Like

Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by SocialJustice: 10:21pm On May 28, 2019
Deadlytruth:

If you give Oshiomhole Delta State to govern, he will likely concentrate only on the three Warri LGAs and Oshimili where the capital is, and I am sure you won't like it. This is why a lot of Edo people now resent him. If you go to Owan East and West LGAs, and Akoko-Edo, you will start asking whether those were parts of Edo State which Oshiomhole governed. Ironically these LGAs share boundaries his own Etsako West.
But Obaseki, an Oredo man, is currently touching every LGAs more attention dedicated to the 14 neglected by Oshiomhole. During Oshiomhole's reign, communities lobbied him for projects and he snubbed them. But Obaseki takes projects to remote communities without anyone going to visit him in Osadebey Avenue to complain first. I can count at least ten roads Obaseki has done in my community without anyone lobbying him. He has even just completed the repair of a federal road neglected for donkey years by the FG. Though he too is not immune to shortcomings and poor judgement on some issues.
It is up to you guys to return him then because I see APC dumping him.
Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 10:42pm On May 28, 2019
SocialJustice:
It is up to you guys to return him then because I see APC dumping him.
Well, as things stand now, if APC dumps him and he defects to PDP, he is likely to lose because the average Edo voter has not and will never forgive Edo State PDP for Lucky Igbinedion's historic misrule and monumental milking dry of the state for the revival of his father's businesses.

If on the other hand he goes to another party, he could likely win, and Edo State will be changing party for the second time.

1 Like

Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by Iriruaga100(m): 11:17pm On May 28, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Well, as things stand now, if APC dumps him and he defects to PDP, he is likely to lose because the average Edo voter has not and will never forgive Edo State PDP for Lucky Igbinedion's historic misrule and monumental milking dry of the state for the revival of his father's businesses.

If on the other hand he goes to another party, he could likely win, and Edo State will be changing party for the second time.
oga you are not really on ground in edo. If apc decide not to give obaseki the ticket then victory is sure for pdp. People dnt love oshiomole n his party here
Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 7:23am On May 29, 2019
Iriruaga100:
oga you are not really on ground in edo. If apc decide not to give obaseki the ticket then victory is sure for pdp. People dnt love oshiomole n his party here
Being on ground in Edo is different from being on ground in Benin alone. Binis might be favorably disposed to PDP as Ize Iyamu of the PDP got most of his votes from Benin areas. But this does not go for all parts of Edo.
Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by bigpicture001: 7:58am On May 29, 2019
poseidon12:

"applaudable performances"?. By Ambode? Are you serious? Since Ambode became Governor, Lagos has been overtaken by trash all over the place. Most of the roads have been left in deplorable condition.

That is what your master " tinubu" told you to think..cuz you cant think without his directive
Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by bigpicture001: 8:06am On May 29, 2019
Reference:

He owes nobody nothing. Even if he is removed tomorrow he should stand independently with the people not a clique. The election that brought him to power was that of the people. It is not called democracy for nothing. Will you say the same if President Buhari was bowing down to Tinubu, Obasanjo and others that facilitated his presidency in 2015. Anyone who isn't satisfied is free to contest against him. This is not a monarchy or autocracy.

Can you bet on ur money that buhari is not a stooge to tinubu...? Which of tinubu's greedy proposal has he not aporoved...?. None!
Re: Edo Youths Embark On Solidarity Rally In Support Of Obaseki (photos) by Indispensable85(m): 8:33am On May 29, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Being on ground in Edo is different from being on ground in Benin alone. Binis might be favorably disposed to PDP as Ize Iyamu of the PDP got most of his votes from Benin areas. But this does not go for all parts of Edo.

You're right!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo 2020: Buhari Urges APC To Avoid Rivers, Zamfara Experiences / FEC Approves National Poverty Reduction Strategy (NPRGS) / How Can I Get My Voter's Card?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.