Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee (49900 Views)

Advice A Prospective Graduate / Photographer Shares Screenshot Of A Hilarious Message He Got From A Client / Fast Food Employee's "Beautiful" Act Of Kindness Goes Viral (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by VillagePipu: 4:35pm On May 29, 2019
Amuocha:
Seen.

I want to see cabinet list from Buhari and Sanwo Wa before commenting angry

What of those from Ugwuanyi and Ikpeazu? You no want see those ones.

Keneking has given up on Igboland. That place can never get better.

1 Like

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by lexy2014: 4:36pm On May 29, 2019
post=78830730:

This is absolutely foolish and.
Arrogant peacock!

U are absolutely spot on
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by maestroferddi: 4:36pm On May 29, 2019
tactius:
Bad attitude from the applicant.

Sounds (unintentionally) rude and rather arrogant.
You are just being simplistic...

It is clear the HR person has some axe to grind with the candidate or applicants in general.

Why can't she be bold enough to communicate to the CEO/MD in order to smoothen/sort out some grey areas?

We were not told the nature of assurance or conviction the applicant could have gotten from the head honcho that predispose them to sound the way they were sounding...In fact there are many gaps in this rendition.

One word on HR personnel who bring a load of gratuitous emotion to the job of hiring people to join the workforce...

There is more to professional human capital management and engagement than pandering to the whims and caprices of some misguided individual with warped sense of authority...

4 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Jokerman(m): 4:36pm On May 29, 2019
Lol... Ode HR

I have a company and I asked you to employ someone with immediate effect, and you start ranting about what he wrote to you because you are the HR

Aren't you the HR replaceable??

6 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 29, 2019
luminouz:

Omoh,sharply become HR o,at least I know say u no go stress me like that HR!! grin
I am a principled woman. You'll be surprised. grin
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by lexy2014: 4:40pm On May 29, 2019
wristbangle:
Something must have transpired between both parties before the prospective employee sent this ridiculous mail. Nonetheless, the candidate shouldn't have done this no matter how annoyed he/she is. Though some HR executives can be very annoying. There is no humanity or remorse when dealing with employees let alone applicants.
I still don't c anything wrong with d mail. Weather he kissed her ass or not, d lady was long playing God even b4 d email was written. According to Fela, if u talk u die. If u no talk u die. Y u no go just talk?

2 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by luminouz(m): 4:41pm On May 29, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
I am a principled woman. You'll be surprised. grin
Yinmu....
We go chop the mulla together babe grin
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by HMarshal(m): 4:41pm On May 29, 2019
It's easy to Jst type Wat cums to our minds 1st esp considering the level of both parties but read carefully & uld probly see there had been a reason for his "anger" in the text.we Africans "Nigerians" more often see their office as a power to use as they like & act like God.the guy probly have been disappointed severally by other ppl & considering who referred him to this person & the fact that she probly promised she will reach out to him & didn't till the applicant got feed up...imagine who referred u for a position u know u are very qualified for telling u every time u call him,after u submitted ur Cv , "...has she/he not called u for the job yet?" She/he said she wuld" ...& he/she had the guts to post it on line...put urself in ppls shoes, don't push them to the wall & when they react paint them as bad ppl

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by blaqroy: 4:44pm On May 29, 2019
Both of them dey do the boss that's all
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by lexy2014: 4:45pm On May 29, 2019
lomprico:

Everything is wrong with it.

He does not know if the HR has been told otherwise or maybe they will send him d letter at an appropriate time.
If he was so eager why not go through the connections he had?

Nigger is plain rude, I won't hire such a person also.

Pls read d letter again. It will clear ur doubts

1 Like

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by HMarshal(m): 4:50pm On May 29, 2019
Typical Nigerian-loving-power to condem the applicant.because you are in a position to determine someone's next step dosnt make you God..from the text he has probly called who referred him for the job severally & gotten the ..." She hasnt called u? She suld AV & said she will"..a position u know u are very qualified for.& he/she had the audacity to paste it on media? Don't push ppl to the wall & label them bad when they react...switch places & see ...stupid ass

2 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Olorunnim: 4:50pm On May 29, 2019
Megalomania is more prevalent in African women than in men, why? because it's rare For to be in a woman in position of power in Nigeria and when they get to that position they tend to get drunk on the euphoria of power. I really don't see anything wrong with that mail and there's more to the mail than that lady is letting.

1 Like

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 29, 2019
luminouz:

Yinmu....
We go chop the mulla together babe grin
When the time comes then. grin
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by OMOTOWO(m): 4:50pm On May 29, 2019
NobleAngell:
What exactly is wrong with this?
Clearly, she's no longer expecting to get the job. She's just expressing her dissatisfaction at the response she got. All those HRs that see themselves as the alpha and omega.
I wanted to say the same .He /she have moved on and was not expecting a positive response from the company but rather making her grievance known .Somebody like me will do the same .I will just like to let u know as e dey go for my mind

1 Like

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Ishilove: 4:50pm On May 29, 2019
Confrontational. It's a negative
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by lomprico(m): 4:53pm On May 29, 2019
lexy2014:

Pls read d letter again. It will clear ur doubts

Which doubts? I read it the first time.
The dude was rude period.
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by luminouz(m): 4:53pm On May 29, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
When the time comes then. grin
wink kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by HMarshal(m): 4:55pm On May 29, 2019
This Amaka wateva is fucking dumb for posting this.it shows her for who she is, a wicked inconsiderate who plays God.& purposely delayed reaching out to the applicant. Why did u not reach out to him as supposedly stated in his text if u agreed/were supposed to Now he is reacting and u cum & post it on media?!! Shame on ur dumb ass ma'am ...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Nkc22: 4:57pm On May 29, 2019
Harddiskng:
Why do we have psychos in people oriented positions sad

I don’t see anything wrong with the mail, she obviously posted the part of the conversation she thought would favor her. It obvious from the mail she didn’t do her job like she was supposed to, why withhold feedback from the applicant and leave him in limbo.

The applicant has removed his mind from the matter, but she still posted his email online and thought it necessary to rant about absolutely nothing.

1) Total lack of confidentiality.
2) No respect for the applicant; she labeled him “beyond foolish” for following up with her. Really.
3) She would ignore her CEO’s recommendation for no concrete reason. Gross insubordination.

Can people like this in HR positions be fired already!! angry

Life is hard already, can we be more humane. If you think you should be revered like a god, leave earth and go pitch your tent in the realm of the gods.

Thank you & thank you! I don't know you, but your comment speaks volume...I wish the HRM could see this!! She left out some relevant part of the follow up & decided to bring this online for what?? Where is our humanity for God sake...

I need not say much, you spoke my mind!!

1 Like

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by lexy2014: 4:58pm On May 29, 2019
lomprico:

Which doubts? I read it the first time.
The dude was rude period.

He wasn't rude. He only stated d situation d way it was& d way it is. Apparently, d HR lady didn't do a follow up with d applicant despite d efforts d applicant made 2 keep in touch with her. It is actually rude 4 HR not 2 keep in touch with an applicant as regards d state of his/her application. D HR lady didn't do her job

3 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by HMarshal(m): 5:05pm On May 29, 2019
We ain't all dumb on social media Amaka Bleep off pls

1 Like

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 29, 2019
lomprico:

Everything is wrong with it.

He does not know if the HR has been told otherwise or maybe they will send him d letter at an appropriate time.
If he was so eager why not go through the connections he had?

Nigger is plain rude, I won't hire such a person also.
unless is connection is not solid, if it's solid, is either you quit or hire him.
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by NobleAngell(f): 5:10pm On May 29, 2019
OMOTOWO:
I wanted to say the same .He /she have moved on and was not expecting a positive response from the company but rather making her grievance known .Somebody like me will do the same .I will just like to let u know as e dey go for my mind
Thank You jarey.
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by salford: 5:15pm On May 29, 2019
Nothing wrong sending an email to HR especially those that disrespects job applicants. It seems the HR had somehow not kept the candidate in the know or next step in the process. The email has some grammatical errors though.

what she said about not hiring if recommended by CEO is nonsense. LoL.
She now knows more than the CEO of the conpany that referred the candidate.
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by sonofElElyon: 5:18pm On May 29, 2019
The mail implicates the HR woman and not the sender.. All he had been asking for was a response.. The mail implies she had been ignoring him.. Not professional on her part...

nairalaila:
A HR Manager who took to Twitter to share a mail she got from a prospective employee, sparked controversy with the accompanying caption.  According to @AmakaAnku, the mail was beyond foolish and she will never hire anyone who sent that even if they are recommended by the CEO. The HR Manager who shared a mail she got from a prospective employee wrote;

"Under NO circumstances should you send this sort of email to a hiring manager. Even if you were recommended by the CEO, I WILL NOT hire you. Beyond foolish."

Here are reactions to the tweet;

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/29/hr-manager-shares-mail-she-got-from-prospective-employee-sparks-controversy/

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Benekruku(m): 5:30pm On May 29, 2019
Well stated!

Why is the HR trying to feel opportuned.

The guy is human and has a right to express his feelings which he did in the best formal way.

All this HR just use to feel like slave employers
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by salford: 5:31pm On May 29, 2019
VillagePipu:
From my experience with most HR guys, they expect you to worship them and suck up to them. When you give them brain reset, it pains them a lot.
I am glad that at my organization, HR do not have a strong say on who gets hired. This is the job of the hiring manager i.e. the person the employee will be reporting to.
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by senatepresido: 5:47pm On May 29, 2019
Harddiskng:

I don’t see anything wrong with the mail, she obviously posted the part of the conversation she thought would favor her. It obvious from the mail she didn’t do her job like she was supposed to, why withhold feedback from the applicant and leave him in limbo.

The applicant has removed his mind from the matter, but she still posted his email online and thought it necessary to rant about absolutely nothing.

2) No respect for the applicant; she labeled him “beyond foolish” for following up with her. Really.
3) She would ignore her CEO’s recommendation for no concrete reason. Gross insubordination.

Life is hard already, can we be more humane. If you think you should be revered like a god, leave earth and go pitch your tent in the realm of the gods.

may the almighty creator, the provider and sustenance of mankind richly bless you sir
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by joedejoe: 5:51pm On May 29, 2019
I love the guy's gut. Why should employment processes between the Employer and the prospect be on a beggarly platform? The employer is not doing any favour to the prospective employee. He has value to add to the organisation and the organisation needs him to work. Employing the guy is not gratuitous but out of necessity on the part of the organisation which must meat goals with employees.

Read between the lines and you will see that the HR Manager failed in his duties and this should be a pointer to the CEO. He is to get back to the prospect soon after formal application and discussion/introduction of the CEO but he never did. Waiting and bossing around as a swivel/armchair HR Manager.

In as much as the prospect needs a job, the HR Manager should do all his best to attract an employee that can add value to the organisation. Let us stop playing god here.

I am in love with that guy, he has the capacity to change his space and correct these ills around employment processes in both private and public sectors.

3 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Srallens(m): 5:56pm On May 29, 2019
Harddiskng:

. You are filled up with so much brain and I admire that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebiminor Preye, POP Designer Buys Lexus Jeep. Flaunts It Online (Photos) / Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) / HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.