Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II (12875 Views)

Nigeria Nominal GDP Massively Drops According To IMF, No Longer Giant Of Africa / Buhari’s Magical Gross Domestic Product (gdp)! / States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013-2017) Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by pazienza(m): 6:51pm On May 29, 2019
globemoney:

Where are those that were hailing Umahi yesterday hahaha
Pazienza etc

I'm very impressed with our state.
Great stuff. Good one.

10 Likes

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by BrownRoofRep: 7:01pm On May 29, 2019
WisdomFlakes:

But tiny Bayelsa's GDP is more than Anambra's
Because Bayelsa is a oil producing state, iti.

1 Like

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by BrownRoofRep: 7:07pm On May 29, 2019
grandstar:
How am I supposed to believe that the GDP of Ondo state is higher than that of Ogun state? Not possible.
Ondo has crude oil while Ogun has palm oil.
Is this clear?

2 Likes

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 29, 2019
It’s quite unfortunate that a country like Nigeria do not have reliable historical state level data. I am doing a research on the Niger Delta region and could not obtain historical data on the region, not even estimates. I really believe the National Bureau of Statistics could up her game and come up with state level estimates for periods prior to 2013. In the US for instance, there are periods known as “statistical dark age” with no official national statistics. Yet estimates were provided for these periods.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:45pm On May 29, 2019
If these statistics are to be relied upon it shows the power of the Nigerian Federal Government in determining which state becomes developed or not. FCT is where it is because of federal investment. This should put an end to all those arguments that say that the status of FCT did not help Lagos become the commercial giant it is today.

9 Likes

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Yyeske(m): 7:59pm On May 29, 2019
Maduawuchukwu:
If these statistics are to be relied upon it shows the power of the Nigerian Federal Government in determining which state becomes developed or not. FCT is where it is because of federal investment. This should put an end to all those arguments that say that the status of FCT did not help Lagos become the commercial giant it is today.
You have time o, who doesn't know that Lagos is enjoying infrastructures it inherited as a former FCT. Lagos sea and airports, express ways, bridges, flyovers and several others.

Abuja is enjoying same right now because it's the current FCT

6 Likes

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:09pm On May 29, 2019
GDP estimation is a highly complex statistical aggregation that I don't believe NBS have the capacity to conduct. And it shows in the dubious figures and rankings. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that Akwa Ibom has a bigger economy than Rivers state. Or that Niger has a bigger GDP than Oyo or Edo.

1 Like

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Philistine(m): 8:26pm On May 29, 2019
Yyeske:
You have time o, who doesn't know that Lagos is enjoying infrastructures it inherited as a former FCT. Lagos sea and airports, express ways, bridges, flyovers and several others.

So,Lagos sea was inherited from the FG...clap for yourself
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Blue3k(m): 8:37pm On May 29, 2019
After seeing these high GDPs does it make sense nigerian states collect so little in igr. They could use income, property sales/VAT to fund selves. The rest will be permits and license fees. I really feel its fallacious to say any state is unviable long term.

PS: NBS listed their methodology if anyone cares to dispute figures. They can also cite a better source if they have one.
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 29, 2019
Wonderful.

Let this be a source of lesson to those brandishing fake figures up and down

Secondly, all these dick measurements is unnecessary rather encourage ur states to strategize and do more.
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Anambralstson: 5:50am On May 30, 2019
Yyeske:

Just imagine what would've happen to this thread if typical Yoruba States were on top This is what we have been debating since, I told them IGR doesn't measure economy , when Prof Soludo former CBN governor said Anambra was forth largest economy in Nigeria after Lagos, Rivers and FCT, ignorant minds from West started insulting him, they were ranting how Ogun is industrial hub, you can see small gap Ogun gave Anambra in industrial sector, although industrial sector contribute 11% to the GDP, while services where Anambra top all the state they were boasting contributed 67%, state following Anambra in nominal GDP is Kano, see how they deserted the thread grin I believe the debate is over, at least they will know their mate grin

Anambra is throughly the light of the nation, a state without seaport, Airport, low federal infrastructures all we have in abundance in human resources. God bless great Igbo nation.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Ttipsy(f): 7:44am On May 30, 2019
Yyeske:
The DG of the NBS is a Yoruba man in the name of Mr Yemi Kale, forward your disapproval to him and not me. Just tell us your state while we wait for that of Lagos.
wtf
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Anambralstson: 8:05am On May 30, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

Why are you avoiding this thread like leprosy This should serve a great lesson to you and your likes, empty vessel, had it been it was Yoruba typical states, I'm 100% sure this thread would've reach 15 pages by now, it will trend for 1 week, at least your guys now know the real master not Lagos/Ibadan media propaganda. Thank God the GDP came out in Buhari's era and your brother is in charge of NBS, had it been it was GEJ's time, you guys would've said we manipulated the data grin

3 Likes

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by dragon2(m): 8:37am On May 30, 2019
Philistine:

The statistics is pure rubbish, how can kogi state be more industrialised than Kano?

Dangote cement is in kogi,so also Kogi cement.
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Philistine(m): 9:40am On May 30, 2019
dragon2:

Dangote cement is in kogi,so also Kogi cement.
What are you saying? Do you know the number of Industrial estates in Kano? Nobody should ever compare kogi with Kano in terms of industrialization, that report is shit.
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Philistine(m): 9:42am On May 30, 2019
Anambralstson:

Just imagine what would've happen to this thread if typical Yoruba States were on top This is what we have been debating since, I told them IGR doesn't measure economy , when Prof Soludo former CBN governor said Anambra was forth largest economy in Nigeria after Lagos, Rivers and FCT, ignorant minds from West started insulting him, they were ranting how Ogun is industrial hub, you can see small gap Ogun gave Anambra in industrial sector, although industrial sector contribute 11% to the GDP, while services where Anambra top all the state they were boasting contributed 67%, state following Anambra in nominal GDP is Kano, see how they deserted the thread grin I believe the debate is over, at least they will know their mate grin

Anambra is throughly the light of the nation, a state without seaport, Airport, low federal infrastructures all we have in abundance in human resources. God bless great Igbo nation.
That report is not reliable, stop all this blabbing. How can kogi be more industrialised than Kano.?
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Anambralstson: 11:14am On May 30, 2019
Philistine:

That report is not reliable, stop all this blabbing. How can kogi be more industrialised than Kano.?
Kogi have more natural resources more than Kano, Dangote cement is in Kogi, Obajana Cement Plant in kogi State is the biggest source of revenue for Dangote Cement Plc According to proshareng, approximately 54.70% and 55.70% of Dangote Cement's revenues and pre-tax profits came from its gas powered Obajana Cement Plant in 2012. Kogi have more than five Ceramic tile industries, Royal Ceramics in Ajaokuta, West African Ceramics Ltd biggest in West Africa manage by Chinese, BN Ceramics Ltd and others.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Anambralstson: 11:22am On May 30, 2019
Philistine:

It is not about numbers of industries, what matters is money they make from the table Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta are on top of Ogun on the table, these are oil industries that makes more revenue than all biscuits and detergent industries in Ogun. It's revenue that matters not numbers of industries.

3 Likes

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Philistine(m): 11:48am On May 30, 2019
Anambralstson:

It is not about numbers of industries, what matters is money they make from the table Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta are on top of Ogun on the table, these are oil industries that makes more revenue than all biscuits and detergent industries in Ogun. It's revenue that matters not numbers of industries.
So there are oil industries in Kogi State?
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Philistine(m): 11:51am On May 30, 2019
Anambralstson:

Kogi have more natural resources more than Kano, Dangote cement is in Kogi, Obajana Cement Plant in kogi State is the biggest source of revenue for Dangote Cement Plc According to proshareng, approximately 54.70% and 55.70% of Dangote Cement's revenues and pre-tax profits came from its gas powered Obajana Cement Plant in 2012. Kogi have more than five Ceramic tile industries, Royal Ceramics in Ajaokuta, West African Ceramics Ltd biggest in West Africa manage by Chinese, BN Ceramics Ltd and others.
U are very ignorant and u talk based on sentiments. Have u ever been to Kano before,if not u will never compare Anambra or Kogi to Kano State.
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Anambralstson: 12:12pm On May 30, 2019
Philistine:

So there are oil industries in Kogi State?
I can see you are very ignorant, can you show me any industry in Kano you can compare to Obajana Cement, in production capacity and revenue Obajana Cement Plant revenue can cover more than 20 industries in Kano

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Unlimitk(m): 12:25am On Jun 02, 2019
Anambralstson:

Why are you avoiding this thread like leprosy This should serve a great lesson to you and your likes, empty vessel, had it been it was Yoruba typical states, I'm 100% sure this thread would've reach 15 pages by now, it will trend for 1 week, at least your guys now know the real master not Lagos/Ibadan media propaganda. Thank God the GDP came out in Buhari's era and your brother is in charge of NBS, had it been it was GEJ's time, you guys would've said we manipulated the data grin

sometimes when u comment it seems dumb
now according to d nominal GDP,lemme lecture u
according to d stats provided up there
it seems anambra is 6th right?
now anambra the most populated Igbo state in d world,anambra population is about 8 million
anambra is d richest state in south east Nigeria
OK now according to u ondo and Ogun state, mind u I'm sure u were here on nairaland when amosun said Ogun was a failed state 8 years back before amosun started building infrastructure in Ogun,Ogun easily has d highest number of fly over in Nigeria after Lagos although most of the fly overs have been abandoned
Ogun was a dead state 8 years ago like osun with only debt,amosun previous governor himself said it
before d three leading states in south west was Lagos Oyo and ondo for its oil and stable infrastructures
now after Lagos, ogun is being talked
wait lemme ask ,with the way u guys talk one would think anambra is 20 billion dollars in GDP,but according to the stats
anambra is 3trillion naira in GDP,which is roughly 9billion dollars
now kano,the richest most developed state of the hausas same as anambra is for Igbo's
kano is 2.97trillion naira which is also roughly 9 billion dollars, u should know I'm doing estimates here
now ondo which surprised me,and I'm sure surprised u is 2.93trillion naira which is roughly 8.9 billion dollars
note ondo doesn't produce that much oil,but has industry coming up and agriculture And services
now Ogun which is an upcoming state doesn't have half of anambra infrastructure because I have agreed many times here u guys have leaders but Yorubas don't,is having upcoming cities,note Ogun is not in d league of Oyo here in south west and doesn't have population of kano,anambra,even oyo is very populated than Ogun,Ibadan alone population is more than half of Ogun population
Ogun is 2.87 trillion naira which is roughly 8.5 billion dollars
pls how is it that on GDP terms 2 Yoruba states that are not as populated as anambra and kano is competing with d richest state in se and nw
now ondo and ogun are not mates of Oyo
but look
almighty anambra the richest se state kano richest northern state is competing with ordinary Ogun and ondo with little difference in gap
ahh sowwi
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Unlimitk(m): 12:57am On Jun 02, 2019
Anambralstson
now on d issue of services u were boasting about
u really made me sad
on d services list kano is above anambra and rivers is above Oyo and abuja is number one
now guy I'm sure u are smart
with all those points I pointed out why do u think kano is above anambra, now I'm Yoruba u are Igbo
and I as Yoruba don't believe kano is better than anambra in an way
u know y?
its population
kano is more populated than anambra, anambra more than rivers,rivers more than Oyo and so on
services doesnt really mean much,cos China has more services sector than USA and does that mean USA economy is not good? no
most time services is not really counted in economy terms as a place x having population than place y will mean at most times place x will have more services oriented sector than place y
it's common sense
go to Wikipedia and read about how GDP is done, even Nigeria services sector is more than south Africa but does that mean Nigeria is better than south Africa? no
u should have notice on d services sector that Oyo is after rivers and anambra, y do u think so?
or is Oyo better than Ogun and ondo in education or what
u should know its population determinant
u have more population working,u have more services created
now I told u in south south west traditionally Ogun and ondo are not in d league of Oyo
Oyo is traditionally in d league of Lagos kano Kaduna anambra Enugu rivers and delta
u see the progress ondo and Ogun have made?
now on agriculture sectors,ondo is number one more than anambra and kano and Oyo with more Land
I thought u said anambra was exporting Ugwu,y is anambra behind ordinary ondo Ogun Oyo in agriculture?
so u see anambra is awful in agriculture compare to those south west States
now on industry
u see how ondo and Ogun give anambra gap in industry and u could see in industry apart from oil companies in ss ,Ogun is number1 in industry in Nigeria apart from oil, so were Yorubas lying about Ogun on industry
ogun is more industrialised than d most industrialised se state,so were Yorubas lying on that?
u guys said u were good in agriculture, u can see its a lie
wah abt industry, same thing
only services thanks to your population
services sector sw states are doing OK,see Oyo,see ondo above akwa ibom,ondo is another silent sw states that doesn't make noise
I'm really surprised about ondo,industry agriculture services sector ondo is very ok
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Unlimitk(m): 1:12am On Jun 02, 2019
undecided
Anambralstson
now with all these breakdown
I hope I have lectured u
its not about noise
even before u were saying 4th largest economy but see now u are 6th
anambra is trying no doubt
because I believe u guys make Yorubas to wake up from their slumbers and Yorubas are still sleeping
imaging sea port and upcoming international airport in Ogun state
imaging seaport in ondo state
these two States don't have much infrastructure
but imagine rapid infrastructure
Ogun and ondo combined alone is more than all se States in landmass
more room for improvement
I'm going to say thank u for opening Yorubas eyes
u said in industry sector Ogun gap is small to anambra
but forgot in total GDP anambra d richest Igbo state GDP gap is also small to that of ondo and Ogun two small sw states,
hmmph! anambra that should b competing with Lagos rivers kano,shioor
I just hope all my explanation u got it
in agriculture industry Ogun ondo is doing exceptionally well, but because of population of services sector u want them to kill themselves
as usual in your post,you only directed your criticisms to Yoruba States as if we are d only states in Nigeria
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Unlimitk(m): 1:17am On Jun 02, 2019
Anambralstson:

point of correction Ogun doesnt have detergent industries alone
I'm sure u chose to b ignorant
if Ogun industries that trumped your anambra in revenue in industry sector
are we OK to say because ogun generated more money from its industries then anambra industries are toothpick industries since more money are being generated in Ogun
use your brain when talking
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Blue3k(m): 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2019
I calculated the Tax to GDP we have so far in excel. Most of the states do less than 1%. If states got it to 5%-10% there would be plenty of money for whatever projects and salaries they have. This assumes they don't find new ways to waste or steal taxes. The viability index is calculated using IGR to Federal allocation. Every state would pass if the got up to 5% tax to GDP ratio. If the states are this bad you can only imagine how bad the situation is at local government level.

1 Like

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Unlimitk(m): 6:48am On Jun 12, 2019
Blue3k:
I calculated the Tax to GDP we have so far in excel. Most of the states do less than 1%. If states got it to 5%-10% there would be plenty of money for whatever projects and salaries they have. This assumes they don't find new ways to waste or steal taxes. The viability index is calculated using IGR to Federal allocation. Every state would pass if the got up to 5% tax to GDP ratio. If the states are this bad you can only imagine how bad the situation is at local government level.
Truthfully speaking
D states should tax more to generate money
Its working in us china Europe
Oil money can't do it alone
1%? Haba! That's too low
But amosun still tried a little bit in d revenue generating sector for ogun,even though he is a dunce
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 12, 2019
Unlimitk:

Truthfully speaking
D states should tax more to generate money
Its working in us china Europe
Oil money can't do it alone
1%? Haba! That's too low
But amosun still tried a little bit in d revenue generating sector for ogun,even though he is a dunce

#Observed..... don't give damn if you reply negatively.

But I have observed something with you. you have a kind of free mind, You always try to be plain and speak the truth but sometimes tribalism and emotions won't allow you to always speak the way you want.

While I while advise u to stick to first part of you, do not allow what you see here or read here take over your inner man.... unless it will also affect your sense of judgement.

Always try and balance every every.....

Over to you.
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by TundeBricklayer: 7:26am On Jun 12, 2019
Unlimitk:
Anambralstson
now on d issue of services u were boasting about
u really made me sad
on d services list kano is above anambra and rivers is above Oyo and abuja is number one
now guy I'm sure u are smart
with all those points I pointed out why do u think kano is above anambra, now I'm Yoruba u are Igbo
and I as Yoruba don't believe kano is better than anambra in an way
u know y?
its population
kano is more populated than anambra, anambra more than rivers,rivers more than Oyo and so on
services doesnt really mean much,cos China has more services sector than USA and does that mean USA economy is not good? no
most time services is not really counted in economy terms as a place x having population than place y will mean at most times place x will have more services oriented sector than place y
it's common sense
go to Wikipedia and read about how GDP is done, even Nigeria services sector is more than south Africa but does that mean Nigeria is better than south Africa? no
u should have notice on d services sector that Oyo is after rivers and anambra, y do u think so?
or is Oyo better than Ogun and ondo in education or what
u should know its population determinant
u have more population working,u have more services created
now I told u in south south west traditionally Ogun and ondo are not in d league of Oyo
Oyo is traditionally in d league of Lagos kano Kaduna anambra Enugu rivers and delta
u see the progress ondo and Ogun have made?
now on agriculture sectors,ondo is number one more than anambra and kano and Oyo with more Land
I thought u said anambra was exporting Ugwu,y is anambra behind ordinary ondo Ogun Oyo in agriculture?
so u see anambra is awful in agriculture compare to those south west States
now on industry
u see how ondo and Ogun give anambra gap in industry and u could see in industry apart from oil companies in ss ,Ogun is number1 in industry in Nigeria apart from oil, so were Yorubas lying about Ogun on industry
ogun is more industrialised than d most industrialised se state,so were Yorubas lying on that?
u guys said u were good in agriculture, u can see its a lie
wah abt industry, same thing
only services thanks to your population
services sector sw states are doing OK,see Oyo,see ondo above akwa ibom,ondo is another silent sw states that doesn't make noise
I'm really surprised about ondo,industry agriculture services sector ondo is very ok
Use your brain Kano is below Anambra in industry and agriculture from the table, Kano only lead Anambra in services, check the numbers that's is why Kano is below Anambra in nominal GDP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Anambralstson: 7:38am On Jun 12, 2019
Unlimitk:

point of correction Ogun doesnt have detergent industries alone
I'm sure u chose to b ignorant
if Ogun industries that trumped your anambra in revenue in industry sector
are we OK to say because ogun generated more money from its industries then anambra industries are toothpick industries since more money are being generated in Ogun
use your brain when talking
Anambra is far from Ogun go and find your mate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Unlimitk(m): 7:55am On Jun 12, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Use your brain Kano is below Anambra in industry and agriculture from the table, Kano only lead Anambra in services, check the numbers that's is why Kano is below Anambra in nominal GDP
And its population again again
I don't have to repeat again
I've detailed my explanation
I won't repeat myself again
Re: States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II by Unlimitk(m): 7:57am On Jun 12, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Oh! I just read what u wrote again
I was talking about d services sector since u were bragging about services
Only services sector I used population ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Mourns Amodu Shuaibu / Intels’ Volpi Apologises To NPA, Says Company Will Comply With TSA Policy / Orji Kalu To Igbos: Make Amends With Buhari So He Can Do More For South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.