Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out (48276 Views)

Lady Laments As Flood Takes Over Her Street Where She Pays N4 Million A Year As / Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued / Fire Destroys Properties In Umuahia (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by FhukaFhuka: 11:28am On May 30, 2019
aadoiza:
Jealous haters on the mainland will be rejoicing.
... Rejoicing in Accra, Lagos , Banjul ,Cotonou ,Monrovia grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy Wherever this happened

Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by technuel: 11:30am On May 30, 2019
This is not Lekki oh
Meanwhile Flood can happen anywhere in Lagos not just lekki all that matters is to follow proper construction guide and ensure a proper drainage.
After all Oyibo dey build house on top Water
Any thing From Victoria Island downwards to Ibeju-Lekki are clusters of Investment, Business and Job Opportunities.
A place a young man or woman should live in Lagos to connect easily or find better opportunities.
Jealous guys in the mainland over to Youm

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by dingbang(m): 11:33am On May 30, 2019
I must belong to island grin

Oya carry your property go stay for village make your blood cool
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by Handsomebb: 11:36am On May 30, 2019
That's what happen when u build in places prone to flood......do we even have a Govt who cares. Mumu dey build Mumu dey look.
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by Dagger111(m): 11:49am On May 30, 2019
SmartMugu:

I don't think God cares much about spelling, God knows what he's trying to say...lol

You've spoken well bt do the right thing.
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by kmaster007: 11:51am On May 30, 2019
itspzpics:
A man cries out on social media recently after flood takes over his room after heavy downpour in lekki lagos. His bed and other properties are already soaked in water. He dont even know how to start or what to do to the water.

Watch Video below

Gist From Praizenews ; http://www.praizenews.com/man-cries-out-after-flood-takes-over-his-room-destroy-properties/

I wnt to stay in Lekki! I wnt to stay in Lekki!! Phase 1,2,3 dat Lekki for you... no complain
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by Erolow(f): 11:54am On May 30, 2019
wow
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by ifyalways(f): 11:54am On May 30, 2019
Watched the video. Those are Ghanaians from their accent. Probably happened in Accra.

Fake bloggers.

3 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:58am On May 30, 2019
AbooNasir:
My ikorodu over Ur Lekki anytime any day.... Ikorodu lo'ga wa!!

We have some beautiful Estates within Ikorodu, in case anyone around you is interested.
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by Excuzeme: 12:11pm On May 30, 2019
lawman88:
Too bad. May God help you. All these flood is as a result of failed city master plan and land owners greed. They sold all the land without mapping out waterways

Thank you very much for pointing this out.
I am really ashamed at the "thought process" of most Nigerians on Social media!
They cant figure out the simplest of things!!

First, It is not just Lekki alone that was flooded (I know bad-belle people like to shade those who live in Lekki, since they cant afford to liv in Lekki grin ), go to high brow areas in Ikeja, Ogba, Ikoyi, Mushin, Ojo, Yaba, mainland, e.t.c.....any heavy rain will lead to flooding and yesterdays rain, and the one of last Monday 20th, were very heavy.

Secondly, Bad Drainage planning, especially when flood water from many streets is channeled into the gutter of a particular street, without ensuring that such water terminates in a Drainage canal that flows! When the deluge comes, ofcourse, those on the downside of the street will have their houses flooded.

Another problem is that most Nigerians dont stick to "building codes"!
You build a house and the flooring of your house is BELOW the street level. What do yo expect when the gutters get full and spills-over? Water will look for the lowest place to flow into..and that will be your rooms. grin grin

Again, most Nigerians are unhygenic and have this bad habit of DUMPING THEIR REFUSE into the drainage!
Once they hear small rain, most people in lagis, especially those in the low-class areas, quickly dump their bags of stored refuse into their front gutter, claiming that the flood will transport it away (to block the drainage in front of someone else house and cause it to be flooded). This people forget that when drainage is blocked, water will come into everyone's huse and do damage. Even Insurance wont pay for such 'stupid' natural disaster. grin

- The Enviromental Sanitation officers have stooped doing their work, while still collecting salary. They should be arresting, issuing fines and taking those who throw refuse into gutters or people whose frontage are littered with refuse, to court and to JAIL, if they refuse to pay instant fines.
Nigerians, especially Lagosians, need iron hand to do the right things.

Finally, Thank God this Ambode govt is over because that Govt shirked in its responsibility to make Lagos clean.
LAWMA stopped working and parking street refuse
, which finally ends inside the gutter, thereby blocking flow of drainage.
Most people have no Refuse Truck to come pick up their refuse, even though they have been paying for it.
Lagos qualifies to be called the dirtiest City in Nigeria, as of today.
I just hope this Sanwo Olu will pay-up and let those LAWMA trucks start doing their work and setup a monitoring mechanism to ensure they are not just fleecing the Lagos citizens, while pretending they are working.

All these bitching about Lekki this, Lekki that, is not the issue. Amsterdan as a city, floats on water and their houses dont get flooded.
If you cannot afford lekki, go to Ikorodu and Flood will stillcatch you there.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by adetes: 12:15pm On May 30, 2019
Must u live in Lagos
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 30, 2019
All these over priced swamps like lekki, bonny island and other fish pond settlements hyped as suitable for humans, occupants dont know they re sitting on a time bomb, global warming is causing oceans to rise, there will be massive flooding.

People wont get their monies worth when floods take over these lowland, my advice if you leave there, try to be an amphibian.
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by aadoiza: 12:17pm On May 30, 2019
FhukaFhuka:
... Rejoicing in Accra, Lagos , Banjul ,Cotonou ,Monrovia grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy Wherever this happened
C'mon grin
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by marv1: 12:23pm On May 30, 2019
Not all houses in lekki or VI are houses but swimming pools in disguise.
Do your due diligence next time you hear lekki or VI and not be carried away by the names of high class places.
sorry ooooo
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by enemachris(m): 12:26pm On May 30, 2019
MJBOLT:
instead of looking for a bucket to drain the water,he's crying on social media,is it social media that will remove the water from his room?
You hv finally exposed urself as the pure village man that u are. grin grin
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by christianzest: 12:31pm On May 30, 2019
i will still choose my banana island anytime anyday follow me on IG:Chris_calimsky
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by Johnsghana(m): 12:45pm On May 30, 2019
Op please remove this lie... This Ghana and not lekki as suggested. Watch the video and listen To the pidgin they are speaking. That is Ghana pidgin - Afor close ma door. Stop spreading fake news!
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by Olawaleyusuf9: 12:49pm On May 30, 2019
its a pity everyone want to leave in the best part of Lagos but the best part turnout to be a canal
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by Reference(m): 1:59pm On May 30, 2019
When I say Victoria Island and Lekki has no long term future, they say I have come again. The cost of living there will continue to escalate with sea levels until only an otter will be comfortable living there.
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:03pm On May 30, 2019
Dagger111:

Are you sure God will help you with this your way of spelling "Help us" as airpus?
That shyt irritates me ehn.
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by Xneg: 2:21pm On May 30, 2019
This is Ghana not lekki o.
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by Badonasty(m): 2:44pm On May 30, 2019
itspzpics:
A man cries out on social media recently after flood takes over his room after heavy downpour in lekki lagos. His bed and other properties are already soaked in water. He dont even know how to start or what to do to the water.

Watch Video below

Gist From Praizenews ; http://www.praizenews.com/man-cries-out-after-flood-takes-over-his-room-destroy-properties/

very bad experience...went through this shit last year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by marydgkbaby(f): 3:31pm On May 30, 2019
Nbote:
No b dem wan stay lekki ni? Dis one na indoors pool na

you no serious o!
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by Section7: 3:48pm On May 30, 2019
Dat place and water en na war, from my house reach road na water today en, I need to off my cover shoe jejely
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by neonly: 5:47pm On May 30, 2019
AbooNasir:
My ikorodu over Ur Lekki anytime any day.... Ikorodu lo'ga wa!!
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by compu(m): 7:41pm On May 30, 2019
itspzpics:
Watch The Hilarious Video => HERE

See reactions below
Re: Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out by Alejobs: 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2019
I dream of a time when I can say you are my friend!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor / Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee / Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.