Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) (63901 Views)

Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by Auxtin85(m): 4:45pm On May 30, 2019
mytime24:
Him for take Edo airways nA cheesy grin

Make up nor dey allow guys know witch again. I go cast you now
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by DabuIIIT: 4:48pm On May 30, 2019
Elemosho478:

That's the President of Nigeria, if you see him tomorrow spit on his face, that's if you are ever going to have the chance to stay in the same room with him.

You are just displaying your lack of IQ

Deeply pained

grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by Automatic3444(m): 4:55pm On May 30, 2019
mytime24:
Him for take Edo airways nA cheesy grin

H~mm mm our ticket are cheap as soho baba
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by oyoofong(m): 4:56pm On May 30, 2019
Does his forefathers fly in an airplane? Such ritual is unknown to his gods, hence he was performing a fake ritual.He should have just vanish and appear at his destination.Guy man Ooni

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by Lovelyn451(f): 4:59pm On May 30, 2019
Good for him, if he believes it will save him from crash. Religion is good, only a fool has no religion

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by glowingflame7: 5:09pm On May 30, 2019
That's how they will be shouting, he's a christian king, he's a christian king when they first start.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by AreaFada2: 5:09pm On May 30, 2019
The courtier does it on land also. I think it just shows the Oba's presence. And perhaps in addition to other traditions. Nothing about fear.

Catholics kiss the cross after doing sign of the cross too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by wittyt98(m): 5:18pm On May 30, 2019
Joromi12:
Barbaric. Wont stop a crash. These monarch are of no use in the modern times abeg
he's only practising a safe journey ritual just like most of y'all Muslims and Christians say your prayer and stuff

obviously his ritual won't stop a crash, same way your bible, Quran, Jesus or Muhammad won't either. so why not live and let live?

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by akinboyo: 5:20pm On May 30, 2019
Rubbish!!!
Joromi12:
Barbaric. Wont stop a crash. These monarch are of no use in the modern times abeg
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by budaatum: 5:27pm On May 30, 2019
AreaFada2:
The courtier does it on land also. I think it just shows the Oba's presence. And perhaps in addition to other traditions. Nothing about fear.

Catholics kiss the cross after doing sign of the cross too.
This was not even the equivalent of "kissing a cross".

It was ordinary "The Ooni is coming", the equivalent of the trumpet in the video below. But ignorant people are refusing to accept their ignorance and learn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eBYUOKQOnE

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by jhubril(m): 5:29pm On May 30, 2019
Nonsense of a vague description.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by Oluseye101: 5:52pm On May 30, 2019
I am Akinola....director at AK rainbows designs ... I design matured tye and dye wears... Currently we are in need of wholesalers across different institutions within the country....are you an undergraduate and you want to make additional income to the money you get from home... Imagine you
Make 500 gain on every wear you sell to your friends... Now imagine you selling to the whole institution...... Any interested person can chat us on 08130214301...we will show you some samples and you'll be waoed ..real bussness deal only...thanks ‎
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by kempex1984(m): 5:57pm On May 30, 2019
all dis one na sakamaje
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by jimcaddy(m): 6:00pm On May 30, 2019
That's so serious Yoruba jazz right there. I'm sure that Oyinbo man will be looking like wtf is going on with these Africans.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by AreaFada2: 6:15pm On May 30, 2019
budaatum:

This was not even the equivalent of "kissing a cross".

It was ordinary "The Ooni is coming", the equivalent of the trumpet in the video below. But ignorant people are refusing to accept their ignorance and learn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eBYUOKQOnE
I only mentioned the cross if indeed the procedure has any other reason unknown to me. Since antiquity music or other things associated with the King's movement has been well documented. Way back in Egypt, Persia, etc.

Centuries ago, Europeans documented Oba of Benin going through Benin City with drummers, flutists, hornblowers and traditional instrument players playing. With court jester dwarfs and live leopards in tow. Even with drawings. I am sure same was prevalent across Nigeria back then.
Our allergy to our tradition is sickening. It shows a massive level of ignorance and complex.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 30, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

lalasticlala, Seun come and see o.

Very soon, it is human blood they will sprinkle on all passengers on board. Yet some clowns want us to go back to ancient traditional

grin
So it's a crime for someone to perform his spiritual acts right? You guys cry foul when your Christianity is mocked ...why can't he practise his traditional belief in peace?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by budaatum: 6:16pm On May 30, 2019
AreaFada2:

I only mentioned the cross if indeed the procedure has any other reason unknown to me. Since antiquity music or other things associated with the King's movement has been well documented. Way back in Egypt, Persia, etc.

Centuries ago, Europeans documented Oba of Benin going through Benin City with drummers, flutist, hornblowers and traditional instrument players playing. With court jester dwarfs and live leopards in tow. Even with drawings. I am sure same was prevalent across Nigeria back then.
Our modern allergy to our tradition is sickening. It shows a massive level of ignorance and complex.
I know sir. And thank you indeed for educating fools.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by Jaqenhghar: 6:35pm On May 30, 2019
Joromi12:
They have outlived their usefulness

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by armyofone(m): 6:48pm On May 30, 2019
Carrying juju to plane eh, when his age mates are heading to mount Everest to climb 29,000 ft into the sky!!!

Backward country people!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by Benekruku(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2019
delugajackson:
He is free to pour libations on the plane, but that does not totally guarantee his safety.

You'd be surprised that the same Ooni and his diviner will be the first to call on Jesus when the plane suddenly encounters a minor turbulence.

False

Who is Jesus? Tokunbo god
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 30, 2019
akinboyo:
Rubbish!!!
how is it rubbish omo iya mi Kini afanni oba ni isin Owo ni wan koje
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by selemo: 7:09pm On May 30, 2019
Joromi12:
BLACK MAN.. grin grin grin grin
How can we grow as a race? angry
How can we grow as a nation? When we still have this kind of people as one of our leaders. We need to do what Napoleon and Lenin did in France and Russia respectively by eradicating all these non-sense called monarch.....
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by selemo: 7:11pm On May 30, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

They have outlived their usefulness
God bless you guy!!! We are done with them..
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by selemo: 7:14pm On May 30, 2019
jimcaddy:
That's so serious Yoruba jazz right there. I'm sure that Oyinbo man will be looking like wtf is going on with these Africans.
grin grin grin grin grin When I call them black monkeys some of you will become angry here..

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by Lexicon123: 7:14pm On May 30, 2019
This is really funny. Little wonder that guy couldn’t control his laughter.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by mrLhanray(m): 7:26pm On May 30, 2019
Joromi12:
but the British Royal family are of use to modern times abi? Modernisation doesn't mean we destroy traditional roots. Japan, Brunei, Monaco, Britain, korea . . . upholds and respect royalties.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 30, 2019
mrLhanray:

but the British Royal family are of use to modern times abi?
one royal family in england. In lagos alone we have over 30 kings. All state sponsored.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by Dimejimichael(m): 7:46pm On May 30, 2019
this one weak me oh

fairly used HP laptop for sale at an affordable price. whatsapp 08173059734
Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by mrLhanray(m): 7:48pm On May 30, 2019
Joromi12:
one royal family in england. In lagos alone we have over 30 kings. All state sponsored.

well Britain is more organised as they have titles for King, Queen, Prince, Princess, Duke, Duchess, Marquess, Marchioness, Earl, Countess, Viscount, Viscountess, Baron, Baroness...
Some Asian and African countries are are all the same. different kings for different regions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) by Jaqenhghar: 7:57pm On May 30, 2019
selemo:
God bless you guy!!! We are done with them..
Its only thay Sanusi Lamido that even seems to have some use among them. The rest their work is just limited to flaunting wealth and marrying wives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun: The Only Yoruba Word, With 10 Meanings / What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks / Slavery in the United States (1775-1865)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.