Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument (46163 Views)

Fact Check: Did Wike Order Demolition Of Jabi Motor Park? / Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi / Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by MightyVicky(m): 9:20pm On May 30, 2019
visijo:
Did You Know

A Football Match Is Made Of Two Teams, Each Team With 11 Players. The Game Consists Of 22 Male Players. Each Male Has 2 balls. Which Will Make It 44 balls On The Field, 44 Balls + The Ball They Use To Play = 45 Balls

This Is How The 45 Minutes Rule Was Created
the 2 minutes extra time is the referee's balls. nice logic
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by wellmax(m): 9:30pm On May 30, 2019
baliyubla:
That had to be fake news. The demolition had Okorochas handwriting all over it, with the single aim of pitting Imolites against their new Governor.

Oshey handwriting reader.

No be only handwriting, Na signature
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by IkemChris(m): 9:34pm On May 30, 2019
Day 1 you don dey denia wettin you do. God hope this man won't fall our hand oooooo?
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by hisexcellency34: 9:37pm On May 30, 2019
Lie lee you there
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by Ekpeitit(m): 9:49pm On May 30, 2019
supremenews:
@titiloyeblog.com

Imo State Governor Emeka Ihedioha has denied ordering the ongoing demolition of one of the Akachi towers, one of the monuments erected by his predecessor.

The demolition is coming barely 24 hours after Ihedioha assumed office.

Scores of Imo indigenes have condemned the action, stating the monument was constructed with public funds and should not be pulled down to spite the former administration.

Ihedioha was sworn-in as the sixth Executive governor of the state on Wednesday.

The Akachi tower, one of the many tourist attractions built by the former governor is being demolished as at the time of filing this report.

It was built on a reclaimed dumpsite that was abandoned by previous administrations.

The demolition exercise was supervised by soldiers who barred journalists from covering the exercise.

The Akachi monument was one of the structures commissioned by the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo barely one week ago.

The monument, a massive tower with the symbol of a hand on the Zenith, representing the hand of God, sits on an expansive plot of land, reserved for religious purposes.

There are fears Ihedioha will also demolish other monuments in Owerri, the state capital, especially the famous statues.

But the governor denied ordering the demolition.

His Special Adviser, Steve Osuji, said the governor is not aware of the demolition of any structure and never gave such directive.

According to him, the new governor is in the Government House trying to settle down in his office.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/05/i-didnt-order-demolition-of-any.html

Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by jaxxy(m): 10:08pm On May 30, 2019
eyeview:

There is no land Rochas didn't forcefully take that he didn't say it was rubbish site or erosion site etc.

Respond to this.

HomorBj:
wers
DUMP SITE TO TOURIST ATTRACTION
I have a certain emotional attachment to the Akachi Tower, unlike most people who would like to politicise it to the chagrin of common human reasoning and those that wish to use it to defame the former Governor of my state.
In my early University years, I lived at a yellow building, just opposite Joe Furnitures and Carpentar workshop.
The site where we now have Akachi Road, Akachi Towers (standing or demolished) and all neighbouring structures was nothing but a thick Bush, refuse dump site and gully. I never thought that government would ever think of coming to such a place. There was no access road because all the refuse dump guys (those ones that use to push truck, you know they are around when you hear their bell) used it as their dump site for decades and ended up encroaching into the road.
Woe betides ye if you should be out and it rains. I took it upon myself, with a few youths to gather the refuse on the road and set it ablaze every Saturday evening.
It took a visionary leader to send workers to the 'end of the world', the 'nazareth'. They cleared that dump site. A massive python was killed in the process. It took months to clear it. They sand filled it. They dredged the river, river Otammiri. They built that bridge. I watched the akachi tower come up, brick by brick. At a point, it became easy to forget what it used to look like. It became easy to forget the dump site. It became easy to forget the awful smell at night. The mosquitoes that were predominant in the area. The fear of snake coming into your home cause you live next to a nickname of an evil forest. Yes, we did kill numerous snakes in our compound. It was easy to forget because a new normal had sufficed. It became easy to direct people to my house
'Just come towards that hand, yes, akachi tower, I'll see you'.
I could once more breath fresh air. It gave me a sense of joy, seeing the akachi tower from places as far as Okwu Uratta, Owerri Club, Nekde, Egbu, knowing that my house is just by the side.
It gave me great joy, when I climbed it to the top and looked down on the world from above.
(Infact, it is one of the places I wanted to take my girlfriend to; the top.)
I also looked forward to the completion of the Christian centre. I couldn't wait to explore the cool serene environment it would offer.
Whether or not it is necessary to demolish it is for you to decide. It is your vote.
For me, it was absolutely unnecessary
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by Charly68: 10:22pm On May 30, 2019
IMO has started their battle again,I hope they would allow this man to do his job without causing distraction
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by cascarino(m): 10:49pm On May 30, 2019
SoNature:
PDP lying machine has returned to Imo State again.

You are bold to take an action, but you are not bold to defend it.

Senseless governor
I remember you predicted this fews months ago and I rechoed it.
It's even happening faster than we imagined.

It's a pity we're back to Egypt. God help us!
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by ikdaddy01(m): 11:03pm On May 30, 2019
We want it demolished. If you like it come and carry it to your house
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by Henri8: 11:56pm On May 30, 2019
muykem:
Then he can also use the people loyal to him to pursue Emeka out of government house. Hatred doesn't prevent you from using your head sometimes.
You see your mumuness? Where's the hatred in my question?
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by Brightest04(m): 12:41am On May 31, 2019
Mumu sense!Who is the loser? Aren't the structure erected with the people's money?And on a reclaimed dump site graciously turned into a tourist center.
Now he'll pay for the destruction,wasting money the second time. And probably put up his own choicest structure which he'll use as a cover up to steal the state's money.
I think it's time these criminals in power know that the people are now wiser.
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by Balito(m): 1:37am On May 31, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Refree no get balls?

na female ref....lolz
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by tinsel: 3:00am On May 31, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
Then who ordered for its demolition right in your own domain as a governor? I just hope Emeka will not disappoint Imo people.......
I am already seeing that sign.
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by gnykelly(m): 4:07am On May 31, 2019
you are not aware, but men of the state security were said to be there to supervise the demolition.
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by gnykelly(m): 4:34am On May 31, 2019
Psoul:

Lie. How can he deny this. The demolition was done with full military backup that refused journalists from recording the demolition.

If he is not aware, what did he do to arrest the people that demolished that structure?
not just any structure... public property.
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by SoNature(m): 5:44am On May 31, 2019
cascarino:

You see, I just pray he doesn't get sidetracked bbecause Imo PDP members are the classic definition of evil men. Yes, I know them in person.

The only way Ihedioha can perform is by cutting them off because all they did in the past was gather and loot Imo State resources.
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by AKswift: 6:01am On May 31, 2019
Emeka, take responsibility and act! Claiming you do not order such demolition is a joke! Obi has admonished you: beware of hawks in imo pdp
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by VulgarLee(m): 6:53am On May 31, 2019
vengertime:
Imo state is not Afonja land.

Come and carry the Juju to your state
Thats why you will remain in darkness
Everything is juju
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by VulgarLee(m): 6:56am On May 31, 2019
vengertime:
We the People of Owerri want it down ASAP.

I repeat, We the people of Owerri want it down. Not we the people of Oshogbo or Brown roof Republic of Ibadan.

No time for Nonsense cumbaya, if you like the statue come and carry it to your state
Puta like you

Same recycled currupt politicians will keep rapping you every 4 years .
Online warrior
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by Psoul(m): 7:43am On May 31, 2019
gnykelly:

not just any structure... public property.

My brother can u imagine?
Imo is yet to get it right.
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by CID11: 8:13am On May 31, 2019
cascarino:

Owelle the chief land grabber. we in IMO State are happy with it. I know you are one of those occupying people's lands. Mark my words we are coming to claim our land. no be only Egypt name Israel. That is what Ihedioha was elected to do. To reclaim our lands
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by CID11: 8:15am On May 31, 2019
VulgarLee:
Puta like you

Same recycled currupt politicians will keep rapping you every 4 years .
Online warrior
It is operations reclaim our lands. land grabber go and take sniper
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by CID11: 8:19am On May 31, 2019
Brightest04:
Mumu sense!Who is the loser? Aren't the structure erected with the people's money?And on a reclaimed dump site graciously turned into a tourist center.
Now he'll pay for the destruction,wasting money the second time. And probably put up his own choicest structure which he'll use as a cover up to steal the state's money.
I think it's time these criminals in power know that the people are now wiser.
Onye oshi the dumpsite had an owner. He refused to sell. You hijacked it. come and carry it we don't need it. That was what Ihedioha was elected to do
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by CID11: 8:23am On May 31, 2019
Sonnobax15:
Pdp qovernors and their barbaric deeds!...nothinq to offer to their blind-folded populace!...sometimes,i keep wonderinq who introduced the sperm that made me a foetus to Niqeria!...shiit everywhere as lonq as pdp are still in control of some states!
Go and take bitter leaf soup. During PDP life was better for Nigerians. If you don't like it there is sniper. End it because you are a waste
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by Sonnobax15(m): 8:30am On May 31, 2019
CID11:
Go and take bitter leaf soup. During PDP life was better for Nigerians. If you don't like it there is sniper. End it because you are a waste
Life was better under PDP??..we were dyinq in disquise under PDP,...you should be the 1 to take solace from sniper because your hatred for the APC won't take you anywhere...trust me!
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by porshie(f): 9:32am On May 31, 2019
my guy, u lie!!!!...if such a thing could happen in ur regime,that means u r running a lawless government.....stop fighting breeze ND do d wonders u claim u can to do
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by CID11: 9:53am On May 31, 2019
Sonnobax15:
Life was better under PDP??..we were dyinq in disquise under PDP,...you should be the 1 to take solace from sniper because your hatred for the APC won't take you anywhere...trust me!
compare the cost of living then with now, i can hardly gain clients. Please take the sniper we don't need you ewu Mozambique
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by CID11: 9:59am On May 31, 2019
porshie:
my guy, u lie!!!!...if such a thing could happen in ur regime,that means u r running a lawless government.....stop fighting breeze ND do d wonders u claim u can to do
very lawless and useless govt we had in IMO State. This is first next is to reclaim our markets. Empty building and called it a hospital. Eke ukwu marketplace next stop. That was why we voted ihedioha
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by Shikini: 9:59am On May 31, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

It is alleged the land was forcefully taken from the owners by Rochas without compensation and they have been to court concerning the issue.
They won, but Rochas refused to release the land. So, it seems they were waiting for Rochas to go so they can take possession

Wow
Re: Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument by Sonnobax15(m): 10:00am On May 31, 2019
CID11:
compare the cost of living then with now, i can hardly gain clients. Please take the sniper we don't need you ewu Mozambique
I don't need to compare because even if i do,your corrupt mentality won't allow u to comprehend!...so oqa oyiqbo,feel free to sip your sniper anytime anywhere!...ekparhode!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023 Elections: 10 Serving, Ex-Governors Swept By Election Tsunami / Okuama Community In Delta State Set Ablaze Days After Soldiers Were Killed / Pres. Jonathan Rocks Suit & Hat To Jerusalem (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.