Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team (15325 Views)

Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi / Uzodinma: Ihedioha’s Bid To Reverse Supreme Court Judgement Based On Falsehood / Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by ojikeebere12: 9:07am On Feb 19, 2020
Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has faulted a report by a newspaper of his purported selection to serve on a monitoring team for the forthcoming Supreme Court review of the case between Imo State governor, Hope Uzodinma of the All Progressives Congress and Emeka Ihedioha of the Peoples Democratic Party.

The apex court on January 14, 2020, nullified the election of Ihedioha as the governor of the state and declared Uzodinma as the winner of the governorship election.

Ihedioha subsequently filed an appeal, urging the Supreme Court to set aside the judgment. The hearing of the appeal has been fixed for March 2, 2020.

The elder statesman, who said the online link of the newspaper’s report (not The Punch) was sent to him for perusal, noted in a statement on Tuesday night that he knew nothing of the development and was not involved in any aspect of the legal tussle.

He said, “That report claims that I have been engaged to serve on a monitoring team regarding a forthcoming Supreme Court review of that case. I know nothing of this development and I am not involved in any aspect of the tussle. I know nothing of this Third Force Democracy whatever.

“I have no intention of participating in any judicial monitoring activity and demand to be kept out of any such false attributions. Hopefully, some day in the distant future, it will be possible for the nation to regain the respect of the world in its democratic claims. That time, alas, is not immediately apparent.”

https://punchng.com/uzodinma-vs-ihedioha-im-not-part-of-supreme-court-review-team-soyinka/

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by muykem: 9:10am On Feb 19, 2020
Thank you sir for this clarification. PDP is desperately looking for people with high moral standards to justify their irrational thinking.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by xelly: 9:16am On Feb 19, 2020
I am sure he will want to excuse himself from jamboree so as to keep clean records. The world is watching and all involved are in records.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by ChoCho54(f): 9:25am On Feb 19, 2020
Your call Soyinka.

Evil thrives when good men keep quiet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by kahal29: 9:36am On Feb 19, 2020
Really.... Desperation by Ihedioha and his team of audio lawyers are alarming

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:41am On Feb 19, 2020
He said, “That report claims that I have been engaged to serve on a monitoring team regarding a forthcoming Supreme Court review of that case. I know nothing of 
This great man has spoken once more.

One of the remaining few good men we have in our darling nation.

A man of truth.

#RESPECT Prof....

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by NotBeenPaid: 9:41am On Feb 19, 2020

Why na Ogar English

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by ArmaniUhuru: 9:42am On Feb 19, 2020
[s]
post=86776524:

[/s]

Thrash as usual

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by six6prax: 9:42am On Feb 19, 2020
Alright
Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by Mikelarteta(m): 9:42am On Feb 19, 2020
Baba no want make APC dogs kon burn him house lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:43am On Feb 19, 2020
ChoCho54:
Your call Soyinka.

Evil thrives when good men keep quiet.
Cho Cho,
Guess this meme below was created for your moniker....
A meme has never been so apt!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by Olukat(m): 9:43am On Feb 19, 2020
Prof. knows what the outcome will be shocked shocked
It's easier to add extra four years to Gov. Hope in Supreme court than what the Ex Gov. is asking for shocked shocked shocked shocked
Nigeria is at crossroad and nothing will redeem the harm this government has done to its citizens!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by olayemioshiyemi: 9:43am On Feb 19, 2020
The wise has spoken .

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by AfroKnight: 9:44am On Feb 19, 2020
And he shaded all the parties involved, in the same breath.

My Prof!

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by realstars: 9:44am On Feb 19, 2020
Please for a very serious note, please lets change our information minister, Mr lai Muhammad. Only the mention of his name in the ''ministry'' so many information goes wrong and falt, full of lies.
Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by Cantonese: 9:44am On Feb 19, 2020
muykem:
Thank you sir for this clarification. PDP is desperately looking for people with high moral standards to justify their irrational thinking.

Oh what a child!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by Kingpele(m): 9:45am On Feb 19, 2020
Chai, Apc can have bayalse state but make this folks return ihedioha, it is heart breaking to be a governor for few months, is unfair

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 19, 2020
Nobody wants to suffer for justice in a ridiculous shithole.
Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by wwwihy: 9:45am On Feb 19, 2020
Donald Miller once said, “In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.” What do you do when you see a person, friend or family members share a fake news? Confronting them will only push them further away from the truth, I have discovered that the only solution is to join them and share stories, quotes or news that are so fake it’s actually insulting. This can be a test too, if they agree with the quote, chances are you are dealing with an idiot and the rule of the law as told by George Carlin — ‘Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.’

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by YoriYoris: 9:45am On Feb 19, 2020
[s]
post=86776524:

A man of truth.

#RESPECT Prof....
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by YoriYoris: 9:46am On Feb 19, 2020
[s]
post=86776566:

Cho Cho,
Guess this meme below was created for your moniker....

A meme has never been so apt!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:46am On Feb 19, 2020
muykem:
GBAMsolutely!
You've said it all sir.

It is always good and refreshing to know that we still have reasonable youths like you on this great forum.

Stay blessed patriot!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by nrexzy: 9:46am On Feb 19, 2020
They should pass the media bill oooo
Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by Kingpele(m): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2020
post=86776524:

A man of truth.

#RESPECT Prof....
continue praising your darling daddy till wailers cut off your fingers. U think is easy to wail 24 hours nonstop stop... I know when not to wail sha

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by ArmaniUhuru: 9:47am On Feb 19, 2020
He’s scared because he knows APC jobless youths thugs will come to his residence to protest and cause chaos.

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by anonimi: 9:49am On Feb 19, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by YoriYoris: 9:49am On Feb 19, 2020
[s]
post=86776654:

GBAMsolutely!
You've said it all sir.

It is always good and refreshing to know that we still have reasonable youths like you on this great forum.

Stay blessed patriot!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by Stalwert: 9:49am On Feb 19, 2020
grin no you must appear for Ihedioha

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by anonimi: 9:53am On Feb 19, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:11am On Feb 19, 2020
The idea of a monitoring committee or whatever is laughable in the first instance. What exactly are they to do?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team by Aidejay(m): 10:24am On Feb 19, 2020
Guide: why is soyinka disturbing himself
A man advanced in age such as his should be resting his grey hair not wallowing with the babies. A country made up of 80% young people and still an old man with grey hair is being dragged into the muddy waters of dirty politics. If I was him I would have dusted my hands off some issues so that terrible failures won't use my stand against me like someone above just did. Someone like soyinka knows he might not live to see the next 2-5 generation of leaders and if the current seeds of young people are to go by as any indication then it's a fact that they will do wonders. Prof don't let the memory of you be clouded in political wahala you gave up your youth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Suspends $418 Million Paris Club Refund Plan As Ministers Clash / Matawalle: Why Banditry Will Not End Soon / 2023 Election: I Will Not Labour In Vain - Hon Yusuf Lasun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.