Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Ban On Telecast Of Miracles/testimonies On Tv: Hypocrisy Of Nbc & Pfn - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ban On Telecast Of Miracles/testimonies On Tv: Hypocrisy Of Nbc & Pfn (1508 Views)

I Left N600m In PFN Account -oritsejafor / Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ban On Telecast Of Miracles/testimonies On Tv: Hypocrisy Of Nbc & Pfn by mikeapollo: 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2010
Something just crossed my mind after watching telly this morning.
I remember the ban on telecast of Miracles&Testimonies on Nigerian terrestial TV channels imposed by the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) on religious organiszations with the active collusion and conivance of the PFN, apparently because of the wave making healing ministries of TB Joshua and Pastor Chris.
But guess what? Turning Point, a religious programme anchored by US based Nigerian, Victor Oladokun has been having airtime on terrestial TV stations like AIT, NTA, Channels TV without any problem. I am not against Turning Point. Infact I believe their programme is touching lives and winning souls, and should be encouraged.
The programme shows testimonies of people who assert that they received their miracle and were touched by God delivered from their problems after praying or having a divine encounter with someone or something. The event is then simulated for better understanding of the viewers.
In the case of Christ Embassy and especially The Synagogue, real video recordings of the condition of the testimony giver and even the prayer session.
Why is the NBC that banned the telecast of miracles/testimonies with authentic video recordings of 'Before' and 'After' situations/conditions of the beneficiairies, including when prayer was offerred by a man of God, could turn a blind eye to a similar foreign programme with only simulation of the story as evidence?

How I wish the hypocrites in the Pharisees Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) would complain about Turning Point. Why are they not saying the Turning Point programme would mislead 'gullible' Nigerians who run after Miracles like thay said about The Synagogue/Christ Embassy miracle/testimonies programmes on tv?

This shows clearly that the ban on the showing of miracles / testimonies on Nigerian terrestial stations by Nigeria based religious bodies was targeted at Pastor Chris, and TB Joshua especially. It reminds me of the attitude of the pharisees who wanted to kill and silence Lazarus and blind man who whose sight was restored because their testimonies was helping to draw more followership to Jesu Christ.

Is it not laughable that a body (PFN)that claims to be a member of religious faith group (Christianity) could collude with an ignorant minister to place a ban on one of the key spects of Christianity, which is testifying to the miraculous works of our God.

By their fruits, you shall know them! PFN is a shame!
Re: Ban On Telecast Of Miracles/testimonies On Tv: Hypocrisy Of Nbc & Pfn by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 28, 2010
kudos NBC
Re: Ban On Telecast Of Miracles/testimonies On Tv: Hypocrisy Of Nbc & Pfn by oaroloye(m): 1:39am On Nov 24, 2016
The World controls Broadcasting, not GOD.

How do you expect God's Enemies to Glorify Him, by broadcasting THE TRUTH?

The INTELLIGENT CHRISTIAN would therefore BOYCOTT ALL THOSE STATIONS, unless they DEPICT THE FULL TRUTH about what goes on in Churches, WITHOUT CENSORSHIP.

Tuberculosis Joshua and other affected Ministers would tell their Congregations this, if they really believed that they were sent by God.

I remember thirty years ago, KENNETH HAGIN Junior was complaining about how, when it was time for the HEALING LINES, people would get up and walk around, and start chattering amongst themselves, AND THE SPIRIT OF GOD WOULD BE GRIEVED, AND JUST UP LEAVE!

It is over ten years since I was last in a Church: but I bet that NOTHING has changed since then- that Fool Gospel Christians (see what I did there?) STILL DISRESPECT GOD in the MOST IMPORTANT part of the Worship Ceremony, because THEY DO NOT, IN THEIR HEARTS, BELIEVE that it is what they SAY it is.

They do NOT BELIEVE that GOD is REALLY in their Churches- nor that He REALLY HEALS their Sicknesses and Diseases.

My own recent illness- HYPERTENSION- was an amazing eye-opener for me! I KNEW my co-workers were all Hypocrites- but I didn't know HOW hypocritical they were.

They all insisted that I HAD TO take the Prescription Drugs- which I did not news to, at first- but then I was POISONED with something that blocked my ability to FAST.

(FASTING CAN NOW KILL ME!)

ALL OF THE FOOL GOSPEL CHRISTIANS TOLD ME I HAD TO TAKE THE PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS- THEN SAID THAT "JESUS" WOULD HEAL ME!

I said: "How can I say that Jesus Heals me, when I am being Medically Treated?"

"THAT DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR FAITH!" K, a DEEPER LIFE FELLOWSHIP member told me. "I am on Prescription Drugs, and it doesn't affect my Faith!"

It totally affects your Faith!" I told him. "IT MEANS THAT YOUR FAITH IS NOT WORKING!"

"No it doesn't!" he replied.

He invited me to an upcoming W.F. KUMUYI CRUSADE.

"Why?" I asked. "What is HE going to tell me, that I DON'T already know?"

"Come to the Crusade," K replied.

"You have been his follower for years," I answered. "Why can't YOU preach The Gospel to me?"

"Come to the Crusade," he repeated.

"How long have you been in DEEPER LIFE?" I asked him (over 20 years, for sure,) "If you can't preach The Gospel after all that time, what good is your church?"

He grew offended when I began to explain that W.F. KUMUYI is a typical UNJUST STEWARD (Luke 16:1-15,) and the basis of his popularity is his claim that his followers are RELIEVED of SOME of their COMMANDMENT DEBTS.

Therefore, HE justifies the use of Medicine- BUT GOD DOES NOT. As evidenced by His Refusal to protect their Churches from Terrorist Attacks.

THEREFORE THESE FAKE CHRISTIANS ARE COMPLETELY UNFAZED BY "GOD" BEING BANNED FROM MEDIA OUTLETS, AND THUS FAIL TO BOYCOTT THEM- CONTRARY TO YAHSHUA'S EXPLICIT COMMANDMENT.
Re: Ban On Telecast Of Miracles/testimonies On Tv: Hypocrisy Of Nbc & Pfn by saintvc(m): 2:24am On Nov 24, 2016
wonderful

(1) (Reply)

Unclothedness In Church During Wedding Ceremony. / Happy 60th Birthday To Papa David Oyedepo! / 24/7 Home Service Repairs For Your Aircondition/refrigerator/washing Machine Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.