Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,904 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

He Says They Are Just Friends : But - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Says They Are Just Friends : But (1658 Views)

Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? / Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? / My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Says They Are Just Friends : But by colors(f): 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2010
Hi guys,
Pls i need your candid advice.
Ive been dating my boyfriend for about 3years most of which has been long distance. Recently i relocated barely an hour away from him to make the relationship work.
about 2 months ago, he started gushing about this young lady like 24/7.he takes her to work everyday and takes her home afterwards, they speak on phone averagely four times a day not to mention the numerous text messages which he instantly replies wit excitement. I told him i wasnt ok wit the relationship but he persisted sayin they are just friends.
To my annoyance he even calls her in my presence to find out how she is doing. Her name cant seem to leave his lips. I told him dat if he didnt end the friendship i would leave.
He says he will try and end it slowly but they are just friends.
Wat kind of friendship is this.? Pls advice me. Am i being paranoid? Wat should i do.
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2010
colors:

Hi guys,
Pls i need your candid advice.
Ive been dating my boyfriend for about 3years most of which has been long distance. Recently i relocated barely an hour away from him to make the relationship work.
about 2 months ago, he started gushing about this young lady like 24/7.he takes her to work everyday and takes her home afterwards, they speak on phone averagely four times a day not to mention the numerous text messages which he instantly replies wit excitement. I told him i wasnt ok wit the relationship but he persisted sayin they are just friends.
To my annoyance he even calls her in my presence to find out how she is doing. Her name cant seem to leave his lips. I told him dat if he didnt end the friendship i would leave.
He says he will try and end it slowly but they are just friends.
Wat kind of friendship is this.? Pls advice me. Am i being paranoid? Wat should i do.

no man does all those things for no reason taking her to work etc her own boyfriend should be doing that has introduced you to her face to face ?
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by Dyt(f): 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2010
I know its hard 2 over look things lyk dat,jst try 2 do more of wat u do,get even more closer,he lyks it dat u r jealous n complainin
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by omega25red(m): 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2010
They might just be friends you know men have female frie,   nahhhhhh who am i kidding here. either he has a crush on her or they are hooking up we men hardly friend a girl without thinking that eventually she would be a good lay. Not trying to make you worry more but have him introduce you to her since they are just friends it shouldn't be a problem
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by InkedNerd(f): 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2010
Hmmm, interesting. All I can say is if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat then it must be a rat. I know you've spent 3 yrs with him and moved to be closer with him but if you think he's playing you then give 'em the deuces and call it a day, and yes I know its easier said than done. I know some people may say that you need to tell him to stop being friends with her but to me that doesn't seem to fair since you don't really know if they doing anything together. At some point in time, you'll get fed up with it if it continues.
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 28, 2010
After carefully going through ur thread,i must say that there r/ship is more than friendship.They fccukin each other 4 sure.
Com on dnt be naive.Callin her nt less than 4times a day n pickin/drop her 4rm work?haba!
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by lepa001(f): 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2010
I guess ur bf likes d lady but love u, but if u dot takecare he ll end up loving dis chick. See, ladies read meanin to things alot n lil things count to us, exp. Wen man calls n gv lot of attention. Der is nothing like end it slowly, if he his nt intrstd he shld end it nw.
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by pharmking: 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2010
Your Bf has a thing for the girl but doesn't know where it's going yet. So he is trying to male sure things will go well with the other lady before he dumps you.
Find yourself a toaster just in case. Did he ever introduce you to the girl as his official girlfriend? If not be careful
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by lyndadev: 9:54pm On Sep 28, 2010
@poster,
Here are the facts
1-you are not as interesting as the other lady
2-She and your man share alot of common interest
3-His likeness for her will lead to either infatuation,Lust or Love.

On to speculation
1-The woman knows your man has a soft spot for her and she is willing to exploit it
2-They may/might have had sex but didn't intend to initially
3-They started as friends but will end up in Bed

Solution
1-upgrade yourself by improving on your intellectual capacity
2-Dress better to work(if u do but i strongly doubt cos u said ur man takes the babe 2 work and not you or maybe you've got ur own ride)
3-Pay suprise visits to his place of work at least 2wice a month and study his reaction/comfort level whenever u do that
4-Either you involve yourself in his business(learn 2 analyse sports if he likes sports, ) or you make him interested in yours(maybe teach a thing or two about fashion and how to please a woman).Just be interesting
5-Get busy, so Busy that ,
Best of luck
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by lyndadev: 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2010
Are you guys having unnecessary arguements of late?
If yes,then you're on a long thing
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by 1102(m): 10:29pm On Sep 28, 2010
hehehehehe, i love when 9ja guyz are playing games

Its so sweet~

hehehehehe,
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by colors(f): 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2010
He says that d girl is having problems wit her boyfriend so she turns to him for advice.
He says dat i act like i dont want to meet her so i told him that he shd bring her to meet me. She is just a corper. They work in d same place. But he has to drive back a distance everyday to pick her.
He now deletes his inbox, sent messages and call log from his phone. He says dat he has told her that he may not be able to pick her all d tym anymore bcoz of his exams.
He swears dat dey r just friends.
He gets all excited wen she calls. I neva really have a private moment wit him again as her calls or text keep cutting in. He says she is aware dat im his girlfriend but does dat change anything?
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by colors(f): 11:04pm On Sep 28, 2010
As stupid as it may sound, i guess i love dis guy dats y its hard 4 me to just up and leave, ive met his parents and siblings. We were planin to get married hence my decision to relocate. But dis girl speaks the same language as he does. They r both yoruba, mostly thats hw dey talk on phone now.
ive spoken 2 him twice now abt dis budding friendship wit dis girl but to no avail.
If he really loves me y cant he just end it once and for all. He has neva acted like dis b4. Im so shocked.
Im all cried out. I guess ive to be strong and make a decision quick. I dont want to be played.
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by 1102(m): 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2010
^^
sweetheart

sorry please you have my shoulder to lean on

Dont worry u can cry all you want on me,

its ok, the guy doesnt love u,

That youth corper has snatched him away from u,

im your sister and im here to help u, come closer and lean on me and cry ur tears on me ok!
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by iice(f): 5:10am On Oct 01, 2010
Oh puhleeze. . .it sounds like most budding romances.
He likes her likes her.
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by edlion57(m): 10:05am On Oct 01, 2010
Baby girl,come let us be that close friend may be he will be jealous.but in real sense try and make him jealous may be he will app. You
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by Echidime(m): 10:56am On Oct 01, 2010
@poster:

Are you such a baby? Can't you see they are in love? They are making sweet love as i can see it from here,if you can't see.

All the scriptures world over,says that fire and butter don't go together,meaning there is nothing like friendship between a girl and a boy,once both are together SEX MUST BE INVOLVE,as women are FIRE while men are BUTTER.

look for another man, he is cheating on you and still have the power to lie to you in your beautiful face.
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by Tinksh(f): 11:04am On Oct 01, 2010
Im so sorry sweety but it doesnt sound good. You really need to meet her so she can see your face and you as a person. Dont know if that will help but it cant hurt. Maybe he sees it as friends but she may be trying to hook him. But it doesnt sound right.
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by Ifedisky(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2010
You must MEET this gurl. Things are straying out of your controls fast. She's done a good number on your guy. The only thing standing between them right now is you. Make your incumbency count!
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by teeboyseve(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2010
I guess they are both doing something behind ur back,
Re: He Says They Are Just Friends : But by hax: 10:04pm On Oct 01, 2010
He calls her in front of you and tells you all about her.

He REALLY likes her. Maybe he doesn't know that he might have romantic feelings for her. He definitely likes being around her and likes to keep in touch with her. As THE woman in his life, you need to do something about that. Quickly.

Make him assure you he'll be with you, or if he feels he loves her more than he loves you, let him go and be with the woman of his dreams. There's not much you can do at this stage if your man doesn't know how close he should get to other women.

(1) (Reply)

The Main Reason Why So Many Marriages And Ltr Don't Last / What Should I Get Her ? / Kasala Burst!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.