Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,308 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

A Village Love Affair Complete By Fr - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Village Love Affair Complete By Fr (1068 Views)

My Village Love (Chapter 1) / The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) / Love Digger COMPLETE By Fr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Village Love Affair Complete By Fr by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 01, 2019
Chapter One
‘Adaeze….’
Ebere called her daughter out as soon as she could hear the wooden bamboo door of her daughter’s hut open, she herself had been up the whole night while her daughter was away for her practices with the other girls in preparation for the crown prince return to the land, an event which usually got every girl and boy ripe enough for marriage excited about it.
Tradition had long declared the tradition of the crown prince return to his people and his village with the sole purpose of ascending the throne once his father wished for it ,it is usually two years after the birth of the crown prince , four royal male servants, a woman to care for the baby’s needs ,two maids and a royal seal are given provisions and sent away to any of the nearby villages they so desired until that time comes where news of his father’s request for his return is spread across all the villages ,it is only after then The preparations of his return starts with the young maidens of the land who would dance to welcome his arrival after which a wrestling contest between the prince and anyone who wanted one of the maidens chose to marry, a free and fair fight it was , after then other men who had intent to marry would contest for the hand of their loved ones and many a times ,such celebration was usually an exciting one in the case where more than two men contested for the hadn’t of a single girl, a feat meant for the most beautiful girls in the whole village but in most cases a duel needed not be called as in the case of no challenger.
The tradition itself was as a result of an incident long ago during the reign of King Nzubechi ‘s only heir and crown prince to the throne , prince Obinna’s promiscuous lifestyle which made him commit a sacrilege after getting drunk one night and forcing himself on the daughter of the village chief priest after which a series of unfortunate events had threatened to wipe the small village , it was after the cleansing rites were done which lasted five months and the castration of the crown prince as a punishment for his actions that saved the village hence a Tradition was put in place that would see the crown prince grow up in a foreign land and only to come back to his village to ascend the throne and his right to a woman would have to face a wrestling challenge to show his worthiness of having a woman by his side , since then the tradition had involved all young men who wanted to showcase their wrestling prowess and fight for the hands of their loved one, a choice which normally came with gifts from the royal house and in some cases land prizes and respect of all the villages for the victorious ones making it such a big deal for everyone , usually the return of the crown prince is announced three weeks to the celebration which would allow those who were to participate for the event to horn their skills during practices during the night where the moon shone brightly such as tonight.
‘Mama’ Adaeze responded as she walked up to her mother’s hut with a graze facial expression , she had come home a bit late than, something her mom frowned against , She doubled her steps with her lantern in hand making up her mind to accept whatever punishment her mom would dish to her in the end.
‘Mama, good evening ma……’ Adaeze paused and took a quick stare with a sly expression on her face at her mother who sat on the wooden log that served her as stool beside her oil lantern with two plates covered carefully before her.
‘…hah, mama you haven’t slept at all ,eh’ She added.
‘Why would I sleep when my only child , my only daughter is away practicing her dancing moves to sway Prince Chimezie ‘ Ebere said hinting on the young prince’s decision to participate in the wrestling duel an announcement which came two days after his elder brother ‘s imminent return was announced.
‘Eh, so mama you are not worried I came home late at all?’ Adaeze asked in a curious tone.
‘Worried?,…..’ Ebere smiled as she stood and softly encourage her daughter to sit on the other wonder log opposite hers after which she uncovered the two plates before her to reveal their dinner ; fresh vegetable soup with mushroom and pounded cassava.
‘….my daughter, why would I be worried when I know you are about to bring great luck and wealth to our family.’ Ebere added again with much happiness.
She never stopped been happy right from the moment she heard the young prince would be contesting for the hand of a maiden as would his brother , what made her happy the most was the young prince was an admirer of all maidens who knew how well to dance , in fact it had been rumored in her meeting place by those work in the palace that the young prince plans on marrying the most beautiful and skilled dancer on that very day and who better in the whole village best suit those qualities than her own daughter Adaeze.
Adaeze was her only child who was unfortunate at birth as her father , one of the village most prized hunter lost his life to a lion which he had gone hunting for with a few fellow hunters , though he had managed to kill the lion in the end , it was his internal bleeding much from the duel that had killed him while they made way to the village for treatment , his demise at such a time like that had meant Ebere had to fend for her daughter alone , they had nothing but a piece of land which they worked on both night and day to survive and even though when chiefs and merchants came for her daughters hand all this time , she had refuted much to the age gap and the fact she believed a better choice would always come some day for her daughter , Adaeze a child blessed with so much beauty she was and had been dubbed a child of the river goddess whose myths and tales boast of their beauty even more as she grew up was her dancing prowess which was unmatched by any one in her village and the two nearest ,hence she was made the chief maiden and the leader of her age group dancing practice and now Ebere felt it was her time.
‘Eh, mama I am not going there for the prince na , its my duty to join every other maiden to help practice and participate in the celebration’ Adaeze protested as she ate with her mom, Increasingly she had become worried about her mom’s desire for her been the choice of the young prince which she herself didn’t like, prince Chimezie was a known figure in the village , though a year younger than the crown prince he was a pro wrestler and the leader of the village wrestling group, though he was physically okay and usually the toast of all the girls in the town , she herself didn’t like him for no reason in particularly.
‘Eh, my daughter what did you say?, hah reduce your voice , don’t you know the walls have ears, such words are meant to attract ill luck to us’ Ebere cautioned her daughter .
‘ but mama , it’s true na , I am not going for practices because of the young price , who cares about him anyway?’ Adaeze said with her feelings etched on her face.
‘hah….’ Ebere paused as she took a surprising stare at Adaeze whose eyes were downcast.
‘…what are you saying my daughter , hah…..’ Ebere paused again as she began to sob pained by the words of her daughter who seem not to understand the gravity of missing such opportunity as a wedding to the young prince.
‘hah, mama …..’ Adaeze said pleadingly as she moved closer to her mom to console her , she didn’t like her mother’s easily disturbed emotional state infact it was said that Ebere could cry for two days straight for even the most un important and ridiculous thing like the one time she had forgotten to buy spice from the township, it was said Ebere had flung herself on the road back home amongst her fellow market woman weeping and crying profusely to the point a few had then join her in weeping thinking she had lost a relative or her child or the time she had been told of her chicken which did not come home a certain night , Ebere was said to have sat up all night crying and wailing for her lost chicken until the neighbors took it upon their self to go look for the said chicken for her.
‘…hah mama, its okay please , eh what did I say now mama’ Adaeze said with a pitying expression on her face .
‘Eh mama, if I dance and he doesn’t pick me ,what will you now say , all I said was that , we shouldn’t just think like that right now who knows what will happen on that day eh’ Adaeze said as she consoled her mother who seem to have calmed down a bit.
‘ Eh everyone knows your dancing prowess can only be matched by idugu the goddess of fertility hmmm Okay I will not cry but you must promise me to do all you can to win the heart of the prince , look at us….’ Ebere paused as she began to sob again much to the displeasure of Adaeze.
‘..just look at us, we have nothing , we are poor such an opportunity will take us from this poverty…..’ Ebere said as she wiped a tear off her face quickly not wanting to offend her daughter who had done much consoling at the moment.
‘ehm, mama if he picks me , he picks me but me I don’t like him …’ Adaeze watched her mother’s countenance again which was for a moment seem ready to delve into another state of uncontrollable of sadness.
‘what did you say my daughter ?’ Ebere said even though she had heard it the first time.
‘Eh, mama nothing , I said he will pick me eh , so don’t cry or worry eh , lets eat our food now and go to sleep ,am really tired today ‘ Adaeze said with a sly expression on her face.
‘That’s my daughter , Adaeze my jewel hmmm, Adaeze my treasure eh, you will get married to the prince and make many more princes and princess for me and the royal family, oya take this one….’ Ebere said as she drew a large mushroom from the vegetable soup and gave to Adaeze who took it and ate happily.
She smiled at her daughter , she was now a fully grown woman ,she was ready for womanhood and what more would be befitting of her own effort towards raising her daughter than a marriage of royalty , she was going to be favored this time, her husband demise had been really hard on her all this years , it was no easy job for a widow to fend for herself even more one who had no male child which results to the family of the husband stripping them of all they could have possessed after the man’s demise , had it not been for the intervention of the village chief even the piece of land which now served her till date would have also been shared by her husband family members once she refused to compromise and marry one of them but now things were going to change , she would be the mother-in-law of the young prince soon enough.

1 Like

Re: A Village Love Affair Complete By Fr by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 01, 2019
Chapter Two
Isioma worked her hands gently around her wrapper at the stream as did others who came to wash theirs, she turned around every now and then she watched her sides in mild anticipation of her friend’s presence who apparently was now running late , normally she wouldn’t have made such a fuss about it but today wasn’t no ordinary day for the duo of Isioma and Adaeze who have been best friends for as long as anyone could remember.
‘Isioma ‘ Adaeze voice brought some signs of relief to Isioma who put up a smile once she turned around to find her friend with her calabash and clothes to be washed.
‘Where have you been, are almost ready to leave’ Isioma said a bit disappointed.
‘They will leave only when we want them to leave, don’t worry I planned everything ‘ Adaeze said with much confidence , she and her friend had planned today three days ago to teach Lebechi and the twins Ogechi and Ogechukwu a lesson for their arrogance and audacity to demand more than they had been given from the share of material the Second Queen had given the maidens in preparation for the coming festivities, Lebechi had rightly opposed her in the present of the other maidens and had refused to apologize even after then; a clear show of challenge at her authority as the chief maiden, And today Lebechi and the twins who were clique were going to suffer the consequences.

‘ Eh, so what do we ?’ Isioma asked with an appealing look as she glanced quickly at the trio of Lebechi and the twins who seem to be going about their own washing at the distant end of the stream as did a few other girls present at the stream at that time.
‘Well, we are going to disgrace those little witches who feel they can disrespect us and go scouts free , I will show everyone who dares to challenge my authority as the chief maiden that I Adaeze am the daughter of Agwu the great hunter ’ Adaeze said mischievously.
The girls had soon finished washing before a few had decided to take their bath after which all would fetch water for their home trip , Adaeze and Isioma sat around while the trio had decided to go for a swim and a bath before Adaeze had quickly whispered into Isioma ears on what to do , it was only after then Adaeze had stood and began to walk up to the part of the river where the trio were as other girls watched on; every girl in the village had been anticipating a fight between Adaeze and lebechi for long due to lebechi’s constant pride and arrogance in daring the chief maiden but the latest of such act was three days ago where she had walked out on Adaeze.
Lebechi was a bit broader than Adaeze which probably made her feel more intimidating than Adaeze but today was going to be different .
‘where are our clothes ?’ Lebechi asked as she starred confusingly at the spot all three of them had gathered their clothes.
‘Which clothes you mean those rags ?’ Adaeze said as she pointed to Isioma who was now holding on to the clothes of the girls far away from their reach as other girls watched in euphoria of what was to happen next.
‘You, so this was your plan all along eh?’ Lebechi asked a bit pained at her own arrogance for not considering such a move from the chief maiden.
‘yes me , and today I am going to show you why Adaeze is the chief maiden and you can never ever step your feet in my place’ Adaeze said before she pounced on Lebechi just as the twins refused to join in and help their friend at the moment for they were totally naked at the time and even more they were at the shallow part of the river ,any attempt to stand and join in would mean they had to expose themselves to everyone watching.
Adaeze had the upper hand here as she made for lebechi’s hair who tried to grab her waist and force her down as she herself could not stand up to fight properly.
‘Adaeze , here it is ‘ Isioma said throwing a long cane across the river to where Adaeze was who leaped back to get it , lebechi watched in horror at the thought of what was about to happen , she could either run out of the river in shame or entertain the strokes of cane that was about to descend on her.
‘Hah,Adaeze please don’t do this na’ Ogechi the senior of the twins cried out.
‘Will you shut up there, you accursed thing!’ Isioma blasted much to the appeal of the other girls who began to brandish various insults on the twins while Adaeze flogged lebechi mercilessly all over her body in the river who screamed like a baby uncontrollably.
‘This will teach you never to mess with me or isioma again, if I ever ctah you as much as starring at me in a disrespecting manner I will skin you alive then’ Adaeze said been satisfied with her actions, she had kept the loud mouth quiet long enough , today she had dealt a punishment to her , one lebechi will never forget, she turned around and walked out of the river much to the admiration of the other girls who praised her actions for none really liked the trio.
‘haha, oh my goodness , did you see how she was screaming like a fowl about to fed on by the hawk?’ isioma asked as the two walked home with their calabashes on their head.
‘what did I tell?, I will deal with her and I have done so , that loud mouth will not disrespect any of us next time, had it not been for the post I hold , I would have made her eat the sands today ‘ Adaeze swore bitterly as they made their way home.
‘that was very good, did you see how everyone was happy at your actions today , lebechi has had this coming for long, her incessant arrogance , pride and loud mouth has been humbled today by the chief maiden herself ‘ Isioma praised her friend greatly.
‘and I will do it again if any one dares try that to you, no one disrespects Adaeze or isioma and goes away like that’ Adaeze said happily.
‘But come to think of it ,why were you late today, I was almost worried for a moment that you were not going to show up any longer’ Isioma said a bit serious , it was highly unusual for her friend to be late to the stream not to talk of such day both of them had planned for .
‘Eh, was it not my mom, she wanted me to accompany her to the palace this morning for the women meeting , can you imagine that ?’ Adaeze replied with a withering look on her face.
‘haha, don’t tell me your mom wanted you to go there just so she could show you off to my husband to be’ Isioma said teasingly .
‘Yes of course , she wanted me to accompany her so that the prince could see me ,can you imagine ?’ Adaeze said defiantly.
‘Haha, and you didn’t go , hope she didn’t have to cry her eyes out over it oh , you know your mom and how things like this easily move her’ Isioma said again.
‘I didn’t even give her the chance to , I escaped before she could start anything and you, how have you been preparing for your husband to be, have you practiced that special dance move I taught you the other day? ‘ Adaeze asked , it was no secret between friends of isioma’s desire to get married to the young prince , she was described as to be the second in the village to rival adaeze’s beauty though Adaeze herself excelled more in dancing but even more it was isioma’s fondness for the young prince that really was a big deal as she could go on for days just talking about the young prince and his wrestling prowess , everything about the prince for isioma was extraordinary so much she would option to go out in the night to watch the men practice with the prince and the news of the young prince decision to take a wife during the celebration had only seen her go crazy about it the more.
‘Oh I have been practicing oh, I will perfect it soon enough’ Isioma reassured her friend as they soon got to a part which separated both of them .
‘Eh, when you come this evening , there is something I need to tell you oh’ Isioma waved happily to her friend who waved back as they both went their separate ways.
Re: A Village Love Affair Complete By Fr by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 01, 2019
Chapter Three

The Evening was cold and windy although the moon shone , it did it with great effort , times like this only reinforced the beliefs and actions of the most skilled famers who would start planting even if the raining was still a bit far off ,usually they got it right as the raining season soon commences afterwards , Adaeze managed to get enough oil for for her lantern as she managed to find her way around the familiar routes that leads to the village market square where the maidens do their practices .
The route was rather a quiet and lonely one but for all who wanted to get to the market place faster usually picked it , a straight narrow bushy path it was and often a time Ebere kicked against it but the village was a peaceful and nothing rarely goes wrong , Adaeze quickened her steps not just because she was running late but due to the fact she didn’t want to miss any of the discussion that would take place which related to how good she had dealt with lebechi.
‘there you are’ came the voice from behind her , Adaeze had not had the time to react before she felt the cold grip on her shoulders which pushed her to the ground awkwardly.
Adaeze came hard to the ground as lebechi followed her to deliver blows to her back , Adaeze could not adjust in time before she felt her legs had been pinned down by two other hands .
‘Ogechi you hold her hands’ lebechi shouted as she continued to rain blows on adaeze’s back , she had planned this the very minute she got home pain stricken , beaten and defeated right in front of all the girls at the river, her desire for revenge was greater than the hours she and the twins had put up in the dark just to wait for her.
Adaeze struggled to turn around kicking and screaming but lebechi had grabbed her hair and forced her face down into the dirt so she could not do much , at this point she was powerless and at the total mercy of the trio.
‘this will teach you never to mess with me again, you think you can embarrass me and go that easily , useless daughter of wretched witch ‘ lebechi said as she delivered multiple blows to her all over by the time she had exhausted her rage , Adaeze could barely move before lebechi stood up .
‘This girl has been acting like its all about her , like she is the only girl in this village, even now the women in the village believe she is going to be the one the young prince will marry’ Ogechi said as they watched an almost unconscious Adaeze on the ground.
Lebechi watched with much hate in her eyes , as she recounted her ugly experience that morning, beaten naked in front of the girls was an everlasting mark on her and as such she needed to do something to her in return, she untied produced a fine sharp piece of razor blade much to the horror of the twins.
‘hah,lebechi what is that?’ Ogechi asked as she branidshd the blade which she had gotten from one of the articles her father a known merchant of the village recently bought from the big towns.
‘it’s a blade and I intend to use it on Adaeze’s beautiful face , if we do this no one will think of her as been beautiful anymore , no one will respect her again, people will look at her and spit on the ground , she is a nobody and after we are done , everyone will see her for who she is’ lebechi explained seeing the reluctance in her gang to follow with her plans.
‘hah but that would be too much , I mean what if she is able to recognize us as the perpetrators ‘ Ogechukwu asked still unconvinced at the moment not because it was a good idea but it felt a bit sadistic for their friend to propose such a thing.
‘for some time now , a lot of things happen on this path , remember Uyi the drunk and how he was beaten and knocked over last week when he used this path although he said it was the spirit of his dead wife that he owed money that beat him but such could have happen to her too , we will spread rumors it might have been some people from the neighboring villages who also use this part to access the village market’ lebechi said again.
‘Eh , hmmm but cant we just let her be , we have dealt her a good beating , one it would take her time to recover from’ Ogechi said even more frightened of the thought.
‘Oh, so you two don’t want to help eh , then get out of here , you two are cowards , get out and don’t expect me to steal face powder from my father for you two , you are going to look ugly on the day the young prince chooses me as his wife’ lebechi said angrily she had had enough of the cowards as she turned her back swiftly and made way for Adaeze who laid in the dirt wrangling in pain and almost unconscious, She had covered a good distance before they heard the shot of a gun close by sending all three scurrying into the bushes in panic, Adaeze starred in anguish as she laid down much too tired to do anything , her back felt numb from the pounding blows she had received just as her neck did, she heard a few rustling in the bushes close by before she fell unconscious.
The next morning was not a strange one for the neighbors of Ebere whose wailing and crying had woken the whole street ; no one really slept throughout the night either.
Ebere flung herself repeatedly on the ground right in front of the all who had gathered to console the grieving mother once she was able to tell them about her daughter’s failure to return back home the other night.
‘This woman’s cry can even disturb the gods in the spirit realm , am sure they will singlehandedly go and find Adaeze’ One of her neighbor’s remarked to someone in the crowd.
‘This must be reported to the king at once , such things like this have never happened , a search needs to organize by the royal guards which we all will partake in to find the missing girl , she must be found ‘ An elderly man added again much to the approval of the crowd.
‘mummy, please don’t cry it s going to be okay , Adaeze will be found , the maidens have started going around to search for her as we speak , I also will be on my way to join them , nothing will happen to my sister’ isioma said tearfully as she consoled the mother of her friend , she had been the most worried right from the minute Adaeze was late to the practice that night , she had optioned not to join the practice but immediately go to adaeze’s house to find out her whereabouts which brought about Ebere’s acknowledgment of her daughter’s disappearance.
‘Someone should tell the woman to calm first , am afraid the way she is crying now our ears may lose the their functions soon enough’ another protested in the crowd .
Isioma and the other maidens left as soon s the women of the village came to try and console Ebere , she walked briskly ,tight faced and angry , the rumors had been that lebechi and the twins had been somehow responsible this was confirmed by one of the maidens who is a friend of the twins who boasted to her in the early hours of the day about how good they had dealt with the chief maiden.
‘Muna take three five girls and go and bring the twins to our meeting place , if they refuse drag them , if they try to fight , beat them and drag them there , their parents must not interfere , tell them they have been summoned by the maidens , it’s the rules and regulations of the maidens am sure they would know already the consequences of interfering’ Isioma said straight faced.
‘leave it to me’ Muna said as she selected five out of the girls and took another path.
‘the rest of us are going to lebechi’s house , she either comes with us or we drag her out on her belly to the meeting’ isioma said again ,everyone was with her on this , something hat boasted her confidence as they made their way to lebechi’s house, it didn’t take fifteen minutes before they arrived the big compound occupied by lebechi and her father.
‘What are you all doing in my house?’ asked Lebechi’s father who immediately left his bicycle he was still finding hard to repair to attend to the strange faces that had now filled his compound.
‘Good morning sir , we are the maidens of the village and we are here because we have evidence to believ your daughter lebechi who is one of us is responsible for the disappearance of our leader, chief maiden and my best friend and as such we summon her to come for questioning’ isioma said much to the approval of the other girls.
‘what?, my daughter , that’s impossible!’ argued lebechi’s father.
‘impossible or possible , sir she has been summoned and must answer as traditions demand’ isioma stood her ground again.
‘Hah, well that’s going to be hard oh , well Lebechi left for the big town with her mother this morning ….’ He stopped as the girls expressed their disappointment at the news.
‘What do you mean by that?’ Isioma asked agitated by the possibility that lebechi may have played a fast one on them.
‘She was bound to leave for town to start grade 1 with her niece over there , infact she had refused to go even before now but yesterday she told us she would as long as she left very early this morning, hmm now I see it I understand her reason for going’ Father said as he stood before the young girls embarrassed at the fact of his ignorance.
Isioma looked around angrily , she had missed that wretched coward already.
‘Your daughter will still have to answer to our summons , you understand how the traditions work, her failure to not show up will mean her exposure from the village itself till she is cleansed’ Isioma said before she and the girls made a u-turn to leave.
‘I understand and be rest assured the cleansing will be done’ lebechi’s father said which made isioma stop from leaving.
‘you said the cleansing will be done as if your daughter will not be coming back again, girls search the entire compound , lebechi is here!’ isioma said with a smirk on her face as the girls broke into groups searching the whole compound.
‘what are you doing, this is my house young lady’ Lebechi’s father protested much to the delight of isioma , she could see the agitation on his face.
‘do you want to stop us , we haven’t broken any rules or regulations , we are here for one of our own who has broken her vows as a maiden and now she must stand for it just as the gods demand’ Isioma said.
‘hey, Iook at the big rat I found hiding in the cassava barn’ one of the girls called out from the back yard triumphantly as other girls rushed to see what had happened .
Isioma watched with delight as the girls dragged lebechi out from the barn , she was looking dirty, frightened and rough as she was made to kneel in front of isioma.
‘what did you do to my friend , where is Adaeze, where is the chief maiden?’ Isioma asked anxiously.
‘I didn’t not do anything to her I swear’ Lebechi protested much to the dissatisfaction of the girls who rebuked her claims.
‘liar!’ many chorused as she shrieked in fear again before the girls.
‘nevertheless, we will find out the truth, you are coming with us , you have been summoned by the maidens of the village likewise your cohorts , you had better pray we find our friend if not even the gods wont spare you from my anger’ Isioma said before she turned around to leave while the girls dragged ,pushed and tugged lebechi behind her as the father watched helplessly.
Re: A Village Love Affair Complete By Fr by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 01, 2019
Chapter four

‘I swear , I only held her legs down , it was lebechi and my sister that hurt her’ Ogechi said panic stricken before the maidens alongside his sister and lebechi who were giving their own account of the story. ‘Then where is she?’ Isioma asked impatiently none of the stories were adding up at the moment as none explained what happened to Adaeze after they had allegedly left her and ran away after the shot was heard.
‘this girls must be taught a good lessons, such vile acts’ One of the girls said before a Isioma’s little brother and two of his friends ran into their midst breathing helplessly for they had been running.
‘Chinedu, what is it?’ Isioma asked though she knew something may have happened or must have been heard it was however the smile of her brother’s face that gave away the good news.
‘Sister…sister, Adaeze is home’ Chinedu blasted the news much to the appeal of the girls who began to rejoice , muna had lifted chinedu up and danced around with him for a few seconds much to the excitement of the small boy who could not hide his happiness.
‘Thank God , she is found’ Lebechi said hopefully to show her concern ; an attempt that failed woefully as isioma landed a heavy slap on her face.
‘Shut your mouth there, be thankful she is found ,when we are back the fate of you and your cohorts will be decided as tradition demands’ Isioma said before she and a few girls left , she held a bit of a smile on her face as her brother and the other two explained what they saw.
‘A young man brought her home some minutes ago’ Chinedu said.
‘Young man?’ asked Isioma as they hastened their footsteps back to Adaeze’s home , her friend was alive, that alone was enough to make her happy at the moment.
‘Why is this woman still crying na, I don’t understand ‘ one of the men protested as Ebere sat rolling on the floor right outside Adaeze’s hut where she was been laid carefully to rest by a few people.
‘Mama, Adaeze is going to be alright , the herbs I applied on her yesterday will help heal her in no time, you don’t need to cry’ Ugonna said with a warm smile as he came out from the hut.
‘Thank you very much, may the gods bless you’ One of the elders greeted him , he watched calmly as a few people began to leave for their various places a bit relived of the situation , he starred at adaeze’s hut and shook his head a bit confident of his medicines , thankfully he had gone hunting that night when he met an unconscious Adaeze by the side of the narrow path , he had been scarred of the thought of a spirit wanting to haunt him but much convinced this was a person who was in need of his help which he obliged to.
‘Mama, where is Adaeze?’ Isioma asked as soon as she came face to face with her.
‘let that woman be , she is too busy crying over what we ourselves don’t know currently ‘ one of the women suggested as another pointd the direction of the hut, Isioma ran into the hut passing to check up on her friend.
‘She needs to rest now , although she is in no critical condition but she dislocated her neck bone and has a few swellings , right now we should all let her rest’ Ugonna beckoned on Isioma who came out of the hut.
‘Are you the one that brought her back?’ Isioma asked.
‘Well we thank the gods they found her and directed me to where she was , I met her in a bad condition and immediately I sort for herbs , I realize her people must be worried so I ventured around and luckily people were discussing about a certain Adaeze who was missing , I knew it was her , explained to them and they followed me back home after where we all brought her back to her mother’ Ugonna explain.
‘Thank you very much for bringing my sister back home, may the gods mightily bless and enrich you in every way you so desire’ isioma thanked him.
‘Oh its nothing , please my regards to your sister , I have to go now , my mother is ill and I must go attend to her now , as for your friend she will be alright , I will come tomorrow with fresh supply of herbs and medicines for her you need not worry over a thing’ Ugonna said now before leaving.
Isioma watched as Ugonna left , how the gods work she thought , her friend was home and well thanks to this good Samaritan.
Days past as Adaeze healed , Ugonna’s exceptional medicine skills had been effective as he came around to check up on her and on such trips he would bring a few of his spoils , today he brought a huge grass cutter ,freshly caught from the traps he had set the previous night.
‘Hah, ugonna you shoudn’t have ‘ Ebere said as her eyes feasted on the size of the grass cutter .
‘Eh, mama its for you and Adaeze’ Ugonna said he looked around hoping to catch sight of Adaeze but she was nowhere to be found.
‘Eh, okay thank you ‘ Ebere said as he collected the lumpy sized grass cutter from Ugonna who seem a bit disappointed now , he had hoped to see adaeze a little bit before leaving as it appeared Adaeze was not around.
‘Eh, mama it seems Adaeze is not around , eh maybe later I can come and greet her’ Ugonna said again in hopes Ebere could give him a bit information on Adaeze ‘s whereabout.
‘Oh yes, Adaeze is not around although I told her not to go oh but she insisted to go to the river with her friend isioma , they will not be coming around soon , maybe you try and come tomorrow’ Ebere said .
‘Hah tomorrow?, eh okay eh, well mama is there not anything I can do to help you around for now ?, I mean maybe I can even help you around your barn you were complaining of those pests the other day’ Ugonna said pleadingly he hoped to while away as much time as he could in hopes of seeing her , the truth was he liked her a lot , Adaeze was extremely beautiful , nice and funny and she was always good to him whenever he came to see her.
‘hah no my son, why would I ask such from you , not at all , you can go I will ensure Adaeze knows you were around to see her , just don’t worry eh’ Ebere said again persistent with her plans to make ugonna’s visit less frequent , she hadn’t taken the visits to be as anything until she began to see adaeze’s reaction whenever he was around , his gifts too were pointing to the fact there must be something else the young hunter was aiming for.
‘Eh so mama , I should just go like that?’ Ugonna asked a bit unsettled as he turned to leave.
‘Eh yes na, just like that eh thank you for the big grass cutter , its adaeze’s favorite ,I will use it to prepare he something nice tonight, eh goodbye eh’ Ebere waved quickly as Ugonna walked away, she starred disturbingly at the possibility of what could be disaster for her and her plans , even before Adaeze as a child had started receiving suitors from far and near due to her beauty she had made a stand that Adaeze will never be married to a hunter due to her own personal experience of the death of Agwu , adaeze’s father and now Ugonna had emerged as a possible threat to her.
‘Mama who were you talking to?’ Adaeze came from behind ,freshly bathed.
‘It was Ugonna’ Ebere replied , she could see the spark that lit up in her daughter’s eye as she pronounced his name.
‘Ugonna , where is he mama?’ Adaeze asked realizing Ugonna was nowhere to be seen.
‘ He left , he said he had somewhere he needed to be , he brought this big grass cutter for you specially’ Ebere said as she dangled the dead animal in her hand at Adaeze.
‘Hah Ugonna just left like that, mama did he know I was around at all, why didn’t he wait a bit for me ?’ Adaeze asked disappointedly .
‘Eh , wait oh Adaeze , so you are the one encouraging this hunter of a boy to keep coming back eh?’ Ebere asked.
‘mama, what do you mean , hah is ugonna no longer welcome to this house again?’ Adaeze protested.
‘Oh , when other girls are busy breaking marriage ties between all they know , infact becoming enemies ,infact some don’t even go out of their houses anymore just to be avoided by men to increase their chances of been picked by the young prince , you are here inviting a hunters to your home , you have turned my house to his forest where he wants to be spending his time hunting ,eh?’ Ebere asked pained by the fact Adaeze saw nothing wrong with ugonna’s visits.
‘Eh but mama he is not doing anything wrong na, has he not been supporting you and I around the house , don’t you use to say then that he was a blessing to us , Ugonna is kind and hardworking the kind everyone would want as a son-in-law’ Adaeze said quizzed about her mother’s behavior.
‘hah, eh this girl wants to kill me before my time , hah I am finished , so you want to marry ugonna eh so that he can then be devoured by lions and every other animal he has caught in the forest eh’ Ebere lamented bitterly as her eyes began to swell with tears at almost immediately .
‘See mama, I don’t like what you are doing , me I didn’t say I want to marry ugonna but all I am saying is that he is a nice person and a caring one at that , whoever will have my hand in marriage will have to declare his interest on that day as all men will and if ugonna decides to declare his interest in me then so be it ‘ Adaeze said before she took her leave as her mother watched without saying any more .
Re: A Village Love Affair Complete By Fr by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 01, 2019
Chapter five
‘Have you practiced the other one I showed you that other time?’ Adeaze asked Isioma who seemed to be day dreaming under the mango tree they sat under where they ate a few mangos they had gathered.
‘oh yes, I have been practicing both night and day’ Isioma said excitedly , it was true of her words she hadn’t given herself anytime to rest when ever Adaeze gave her one move or another to practice apart from the other maidens.
‘Really, okay let me see!’ Adaeze said as Isioma stood to dance, she was almost perfect with her swirls and turns as she danced much to the satisfaction of Adaeze who clapped for her friend happily as soon as she was done.
‘what do you think, do you think the young prince would choose me?’ Isioma asked with a beatific expression on her face.
‘take you eh?, did you see those turns they were beautiful am sure if he doesn’t take you…..’ Adaeze paused for a moment as she starred around to check if anyone else was in sight.
‘…if he doesn’t take you , his elder brother will and if that one is too foolish to, am sure the king will do the needful’ Adaeze concluded in a much lower tone which got Isioma laughing.
‘No, Adaeze I don’t want his crown prince or the king , prine chimezie is just perfect for me and besides its been long since the crown prince came without his family , for three times na the crown prince always returns with a wife from the village he spends his mandatory exile in, don’t you see why everyone is exicted about this one because the young prince himself will be choosing a wife for himself’ Isioma said a mild expression of worry on her face, everyone knew how until currently most of the times the crown prince comes home with his wife especially in cases where he gets to stay in exile for a long time such might likely be the case of this one but never the les she had made up her heart on the young prince long even before he had declared his interest on marriage.
‘that’s true but am sure you wont have a contest on that day, you are going to win hands down’ Adaeze said.
‘Hands down, when you will be dancing alongside me , if I am going to win I hope I do it alongside you , I will make sure he chooses both of us’ Isioma said cheerfully.
‘haha and who says I am interested in your prince oh please I wonder what you see in him anyway he is not type’ Adaeze said with a smile on her face , Isioma starred at her friend with some curiosity she seemd to be day dreaming at the moment.
‘Oh he is not your type and Ugonna is you type?’ Isioma fired with a smirk on her face , her friend’s obvious reaction had told her all she needed to know.
‘Ugonna?, who told you , no oh I don’t like him ‘ She said with a big smile hanging on her face as she tried to hold herself from laughing , she starred at Isioma who was already giggling at the thought of her friend’s obvious attempt to hide her feelings.
‘by the gods , Adaeze so you like him , oh my friend is in love!’ Isioma said in between her laughter.
‘Shh, don’t tell anyone especially my mother , she apparently doesn’t like Ugonna for now ‘ Adaeze said with a sullen look obviously disturbed by her mother’s constant attempts to prevent her from seeing Ugonna.
‘Hmmm, I can only imagine but has your ugonna said anything yet to you ‘ Isioma asked.
‘Well, well there was this one time he wanted to but I think he is too shy to admit it , I see the way he looks at me ,cares and talks to me , I think he likes me besides eh guess what he brought for me the other day?’ Adaeze asked remembering the massive bush meat he had brought for her.
‘what did he get for you?’ Isioma asked curiously.
‘He bought me a very big grass cutter , the size of Ogbu the village drummer ‘s head’ Adaeze said as Isioma burst into a feat of laughter due to her comparative expression; Ogbu the village drummer was born with such a massive head that it was said that his head got stuck inside his mother ‘s body and it took only the expertise of the village herbalist to beg the gods to release his head and sure enough he had grown up with such massive head that always made him seem like someone who was carrying a huge calabash over his shoulders.
‘by the gods and you didn’t bother to call your only friend to come join you’ Isioma said laughing.
‘and you think me and my mother can finish a meat the size of Ogbu’s head?, hah dear do come whenever you can , I specially reserved a leg for you ‘ Adaeze said.
‘Hmmm, he is really taking good care of you oh ,no wonder your skin have been glowing constantly ever since those demons were caught in their act of wickedness’ Isioma said .
‘haha, oh please stop that your skin looks better than mine , anyway we should be getting ready to leave , ugonna said he will wait for me on my way to practice tonight’ Adaeze said.
‘Wait, is he not going to practice with the other men?’ Isioma asked curiously.
‘well, I don’t know , I hope he does , Adaeze the chief maiden’s hand should be won in the wrestling contest like every other chief maiden’s hand has been won’ Adaeze said with a smile on her face.
Barely a week ago to the crown prince return celebration , Adaeze and ugonna had managed to find time to see each other much to request of Adaeze who had ask for them to see , the mango tree had been a perfect place for them to meet eventually that afternoon.
‘ada my dear , what is the urgency of the matter that you needed us to discuss ?’ Ugonna asked curiously as Adaeze sat tight lipped on one of the lower branches she had sat comfortably on.
‘Nothing, I just wanted to see you’ Adaeze said brooding over something ugonna was worried about.
‘Ada please talk to me ,what is it?, you are clearly not saying whats wrong’ Ugonna persisted .
‘Eh is just that , I don’t know you very much and the celebration of our prince return is coming , you haven’t made your intention to wrestle too,why?’ Adaeze asked finally , she had hoped to get a few answers from ugonna regarding a few things she couldn’t yet understand about him such as his constant refusal to let her know which village he came from, his family or come see where he lives .
‘you don’t know me ?, what else do you wish to know, I am ugonna some of no one , a humble and hard working hunter , yes I am a stranger here and I haven’t really learnt a lot about your people’s tradition but is the wrestling between the young men not done in contest of who is to win the hand of a maiden for marriage?’ he asked .
‘Eh yes of course but don’t you wish to get married soon ‘ Adaeze asked anxiously.
‘Well, I am merely a hunter I mean how many girls would want to marry a hunter ?’ Ugonna asked.
‘what?, there are a lot of girls in this village who would like to get married to a hunter , there are many infact you would be surprised ‘ Adaeze said anxiously.
‘Eh, is that true hmmm okay but what if this person in question is very beautiful and people are saying she will be picked by the prince , would she still marry somebody else if the person agrees to wrestle’ Ugonna asked.
‘Eh it depends on who the girl likes but really ugonna why haven’t you told me much about you?’ Adaeze asked again.
‘Ada, there is nothing to know about me , am just a poor hunter from the nearby village during the great plague that wiped my people I and a few survivors left the village and I found myself here , I live in the bushes as you know a hunter’s home is where the animals are , I have no parents anymore so really there is nothing about me worth knowing ‘ he said again with a pleadingly face.
‘hmmm that reminds me about the plague you always talk about , we were told about it , what really happened ugonna?’ Adaeze asked , the rumors of a certain plague that had almost wiped a whole village were told to them by traders and all who came to the village a few years ago, it had for some time created panic amongst a few other villagers where by various sacrifices were offered to the gods to help cleanse the land to prevent such plague from affecting them.
‘Well my dear , it was a terrible one oh , each day numbers of bodies recorded who died , I lost my entire family to the plague, had the gods not deem me worthy to be alive I too would have been dead’ Ugonna said with a sullen expression which made Adaeze felt pity for him.
‘am sorry I asked , its just that you have never really told me much about yourself but now I know why and if you don’t want to participate its okay but promise me you will come, it is usually fun and exciting for all of us’ Adaeze said as she leaped down from where she sat.
‘I will be there of course , I know you have been preparing hard for this just like everyone else is , I will be there to see you participate , the prince if indeed goes for you would be lucky to have you’ Ugonna said with a mild expression of sadness all over his face.
‘hmmm even now I don’t know if I should participate any longer ,anyway we will see ,ugonna I have to go my mother must be worried sick about me’ She turned around to leave but Ugonna warm hand had held her back stopping her from going any further , he drew her closer to him such that she was wrapped in his hands.
‘do you wish to quit your participation because of this hunter?’ he asked starring into her eyes .
‘I don’t know, I am a chief maiden , never has a chief maiden refused her own participation in such a celebration and my mother , who knows what would happen to her if she hears of such actions from me , something bad might happen to her’ Adaeze said ,her eyes a bit reddish at this point , she rested her head on his firm warm chest for comfort and for a minute she felt she knew what she needed to do.
Re: A Village Love Affair Complete By Fr by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 01, 2019
Chapter Six
The trio of friends , lebechi ,Ogechi and her Sister Ogechukwu walked back to their various home with their lanterns in hand.
‘Eh, I cant wait to get married to the prince’ Lebechi said as the twins giggled behind her making her wonder the cause.
‘Ehm, lebechi do you really think you stand a chance at all to win over the prine?’ Ogechi asked much to the surprise of lebechi who stopped walking for a moment as did the girls.
‘What do you mean by that , even the gods know that there is no other man worthy enough to have my hand in marriage except that of the prince besides who can resist this beauty ‘ Lebechi said slowly walking majestically around for a minute.
‘Oh really hmmm maybe you haven’t heard oh but we the maidens know the contest for the prince is between Adaeze and Isioma’ Ogechukwu said though hse hadn’t meant to upset lebechi but such was inevitable as lebechi began to frown almost immediately having remember the past weeks event and how she and the twins were punished severely by the maidens .
‘Who said , which of the maiden have been sharing such rumors around?’ Lebechi asked angrily.
‘Eh , well its not much of a rumor oh , they are already the best dancers hands down and they are also the most beautiful among us if the men would have they all would wrestle for the two of them’ Ogechi said a bit frightened about how lebechi would react.
‘Will you shut up your mouth there, sometimes I wonder if you two are my friends or enemies , let them talk whatever they want to , I know I am meant for the prince and the prince only’ Lebechi said before angrily walking out of her friends who burst into a feat of laughter.
‘Who do you think would win Ogechi?’ Ogechukwu asked , it had become much of a big deal for all the maidens to know who among the two friends should win.
‘Everyone knows Adaeze the chief maiden is going to win hands down!’ Ogechi said as they continued to walk home.
‘Hah liar , we all know it is isioma who is going to win, have you been seeing the praises she has been garnering from everyone during practices this day ? , infact I heard she is been coached by no other person than Adaeze herself’ Ogechukwu said.
‘Shhh, don’t say such a thing like that , why would Adaeze want to help Isioma win , this is a competition and the survival of the fittest always wins’ Ogechi said.
‘Hmm, well you are right but we all know that Isioma has eyes on the prince for long now , everyone know she of all should be the one to win this competition’ Ogechuwku replied her sister again as they finally reached home.
‘Me, I am hoping the crown prince himself is still available , I have been having strange dreams lately’ Ogechi said as she blew the fire off her lantern.
‘Strange dreams , what do you mean?’ Ogechuwku asked.
‘Well , the other night I dreamt the crown prince was nowhere to be seen on that day ‘ Ogechi replied much t o the horror of her sister who quickly rebuked her .
‘the gods forbid such , ogechi don’t speak of such again and if I were you I would keep my silly dreams to myself’ Ogechukwu said before entering their hut.
A few kilometers away Prince chimezie sat up with his mother outside her hut as they discuss about his brother’s return.
‘Brother must be really excited to see us again as I am , surely he will make a fine king’ Prince chimezie said as his mother nodded with great pride, even she had been worried about the arrival of her senior son who had to be taken away all in the name of tradition for long she and the royal family had to be without contact or knowledge of her son or and his companions.
‘By now , my brother must have arrived in the village now ,getting familiar with all that he needs to be familiar with , who knows he might have come around the palace itself or the wrestling grounds to see me wrestle’ Prince chimezie said happily, it was no news that most times the prince would come to the village long before the day of the celebration to stay among his people till the exact day where he then reveals his identity to his people.
‘Hmmm, I hope so my son, the people need him more than ever now his father is gravely ill’ the queen mother replied a bit sullen and disturbed of which prince chimezie noticed.
‘Mother , what is it ? , you look disturbed ?’ Prince chimezie asked.
‘Hmmm, I don’t know I have been feeling very different for some time now like there is something wrong , I don’t know but I just feel different ‘ She complained.
‘Mother it is going to be okay , it is only normal for you to feel what you are feeling now, its been long since my brother had to taken from your hands , every mother would feel the same , eh mother who do you think I am going to pick tomorrow ?’ prince chimezie said trying to change the topic in hopes his mother’s expression change.
‘hmmm, well you are my son , just like your father has good eyes and has been blessed by the gods to make the best decisions when he is needed to so have you been blessed too, I know she is going to be perfect for you’ The queen mother replied with a smile.
‘well mother not as perfect as you though , hmmm do you think brother would have a wife by now?’ prince chimezie asked.
‘Well normally he should have a wife by now , by the gods it has been long so we should be expecting him and his family’ The queen mother said again.
‘Hah mother you say it as if he is years older than me , he is just a year older so if I am yet to marry why shouldn’t he, I mean I would hope we both contest for our wives on that day’ prince chimezie said , it was his plan that he and his brother would ultimately contest for their wives same day.
‘haha, my son well your brother unlike you who live in the palace has no such privileges and as such a man must tend to his loneliness , the best way possible ‘ his mother reminded him again.
‘Well, I hope he is alright and ready for his people as they are for him , he will make truly a fine king’ Prince chimezie said again.
‘you both will make fine kings’ His mother responded once more before they both bid farewell for the night.
Re: A Village Love Affair Complete By Fr by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 01, 2019
Chapter Seven
Agwu the drunk swirled majestically around the market square much to the excitement of the village people, his left hand tightly around a keg of palm wine , his acrobatics dazzled everyone who clapped and heaped praises on him just as the drummers and those who played music instruments fired their instruments , the whole place was in agog with celebration.
It was the day of the crown prince return , everyone had trooped to the village market square where the celebration was to kick off , the early hours of the day had seen the women of the village up and doing preparing the various delicacies to be used to entertain the people which was been done alongside the young children who were busy cleaning the market square up before anyone would arrive .

‘There they are!’ Someone said from the amongst the on lookers as prince chimeizie and the royal family took their places just in time for the celebrations to start properly .
‘by the gods, he looks so handsome!’ Isioma said with a beatific smile on her face just as she giggled besides Adaeze.
‘Oh please , he looks okay and that’s that’ Adaeze said calmly as her eyes continued to search for Ugonna among the men who had began to take their seat , she had been worried sick about ugonna who she hadn’t seen two days prior to the celebration.
‘Have you seen him?’ Isioma asked a bit concerned.
‘No, I wonder why he is not yet around, what his he waiting for , he promised he would be around for me’ Adaeze said with a sullen expression on her face.
‘Don’t worry am sure he will be around and if you are too busy worrying over him now am sure your ugonna will not be happy about it , he is hunter he may have gone to check up on his traps first eh, just don’t worry he will surely be around ‘ Isioma consoled her friend.
‘The people of our land , we all know why we are here today, today we welcome back our son who has been in exile for many years , today we celebrate his return and ascension to the throne , it is no longer news that the crown prince himself by now must be around to present himself along with the royal seal to authenticate his claim as the crown prince ,this is the first of what is demanded for the celebration to start proper and as so we ask that the crown prince who should be in our midst now to present himself before his people’ The village chief priest spoke dutifully as the people listened and watched in anticipation of the emergence of the crown prince which didn’t happen .
‘I said it is now time for the crown prince to come out and present himself before the royal family’ The chief priest said again this time more sternly as the maidens watched anxiously.
‘Someone is coming through!’ a voice from the crowd announced.
‘Make way , it’s the crown prince himself , it is the crown prince!’ another said again as all eyes began to throb to the direction .
‘Eh, is that not Ugonna the young hunter who sells bush meat to me on discount ?’ a woman said as ugonna walked out of the crowd much to the jeering and cheering of many.
‘It’s ugonna , it’s ugonna ‘ Isioma cried out as Adaeze watched in disbelief and surprise amidst the ruckus that was now created .
‘the good people of our land , I am not the crown prince !’ Ugonna said
Much to the confusion and shock of the royal family and everyone who halted their celebration the moment he had walked out.
‘Then who are you, young man speak before the gods and the people ,who are you and where is the prince?’ The chief priest asked anxiously.
‘I am prince ugonna from the village just above the mountains to the west ……..’ he paused for while as he took his time to look around before he optioned to continue.
‘….I was sent by my father king Ahamefula the third to give you this once the news of the return of the your prince began to spread ,unfortunately your traditions forbid anyone to talk to anyone concerning the whereabouts or any news related to the crown prince before today , so I had to wait this long , this is the royal seal…’ Ugonna produced the royal seal from his bag which the chief priest examined carefully and nodded towards its approval as the seal.
‘…I am afraid I have bad news for the people …’ he paused again with a sullen face as he watched the countenance of the queen change immediately.
‘Speak my son , what grave news do you bear for us?’ the chief priest urged him to continue.
‘…hmmmm, the people of the land , the crown prince along with his people were caught by the deadly plague that hit my village three years , his people were not so lucky to have survived the plague but the prince is alive and I who have been good friends with your prince in my land have been taking good care of him , he is around but unable to join us today , so he gave me the royal seal to come and explain to his people ‘ Ugonna said just as the people tried to wrap their heads around the disturbing news.
‘You have done us and our people a great favor, most especially you have done my son more of this , thank you very much’ the Queen mother stepped down alongside prince chimezie.
‘Thank you for keeping my brother alive , may the gods grant you all that you wish for ,thank you’ prince chimezie said as the people began to rejoice again.
‘As it is the celebration still continues , the crown prince is alive and with us although not here amongst us , it is still great news worthy of celebration’ the chief priest noted .
‘Good people of the land if you may hear me once more I have a request to make…’ he held his silent as his eyes finally caught Adaeze who could not contain her excitement at his presence.
‘Go on my prince’ the chief priest urged him.
‘Good people of the land if you would be so kind to me , I use this opportunity to express my desires to participate in the wrestling contest for the hand of a maiden here, I am not only the champion of my people but also a champion among chmapions ,I only hope the gods deem my participation worthy’ Ugonna replied much to the cheer of everyone for never in the history of the village had another prince from another village contest for the hand of a maiden.
‘it is done , the gods deem your request a worthy and humble one worthy to be granted’ the chief priest nodded.
Ugbonna stood up much excited and happy about his request which had been granted , he took his seat alongside the men who were getting ready for their matches.
Adaeze and Isioma happily led the maidens out as they danced in various groups much to the excitement of all who watched them , both were the prime contenders in the eyes of the villagers even more also when each of the maidens was called out to dance .
‘it’s now time for the men to come out and tell us who they will be contending for ‘ the chief priest said again as giving way for the men led by prince chimezie to express their desire.
‘I, prince chimezie contest for the hand of Isioma Azubuike whose dance and rare beauty has won my heart ‘ prince chimezie declared sending everyone in a feat of celebration.
‘And I, prince Ugonna contest for the hand of Adaeze Agwu whose love, care ,sincerity and beauty won my heart the very day I saw, its her that I fight for ‘ Ugonna said with smile on his face .
Adaeze starred in the distance with beautiful smile on her face ,even her mother was happy at the time, she hugged Isioma tightly with much joy and happiness in her heart.

The End.

Written by FR
About Author
Afekhiku .A. Henry commonly referred to as FR in the literature world , has produced a number of books such as Ike our leader and Runner which shot him to prominence as a young upcoming writer , his other books includes Inspector Bambi, Evil forest ,Jacob bolt and a few others.
UPCOMING BOOKS:
SWEET SIXTEENS DIARIES
A MODERN JOSEPH
CYRIL ODEGA
MURDER AT HOSTEL 5

1 Like

Re: A Village Love Affair Complete By Fr by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 01, 2019
ANTICIPATE

A MODERN JOSEPH

COMING SOON

JUNE 9
Re: A Village Love Affair Complete By Fr by efeteb: 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
Good story but the way the end not fine. You don't just pause a story and end it abruptly. Please round off the story.

(1) (Reply)

How Technology Destroyed A Place Called Oluwole, Ogba, Lagos / Budding African Writers Identify Yourselves For Possible Opportunities / Books That Youy Hate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.