Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,884 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) (70232 Views)

Tyson Fury Reached Out To Anthonyjoshua After His Loss To Andy Ruiz Jnr / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by culcid(m): 6:17am On Jun 02, 2019
VillagePipu:

For?

I nearly bet my house , that AJ will win
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by 9gerian: 6:18am On Jun 02, 2019
Interesting result.

Now

reicherMan:
A late replacement and massive underdog, Andy Ruiz Jr. just shook up the world.

Ruiz (33-1, 22 KOs) spoiled the long-awaited U.S. debut of unified heavyweight champion and British star Anthony Joshua to score four knockdowns and record a spectacular upset via seventh-round TKO at Madison Square Garden.

Ruiz get up off the canvas early in Round 3 in order to do what oddsmakers felt was nearly impossible, he showed tremendous poise, power and fearlessness in systematically dismantling Joshua (22-1, 21 KOs) to flip the heavyweight division upside down

Ruiz, 29, a native of southern California, became the first boxer of Mexican descent to win a heavyweight title as he captured Joshua's IBF, WBA and WBO titles with excessive force and heart. The upset was arguably the biggest within the division.

"I just want to thank God for giving me this victory. Without him this wouldn't have been possible," Ruiz said. "This is what I have been dreaming about. This is what I have been working hard for, and I can't believe I just made my dreams come true."

Ruiz never backed down from there despite letting Joshua off the hook in Round 4 when it was clear both fighters were heavily fatigued. Two knockdowns later in Round 7 and referee Michael Griffin jumped in at 1:27 to wave the fight off as Joshua was weary on his feet.

With the sold-out crowd, which was largely in favor of Joshua, stunned and silent following the stoppage, Ruiz jumped around the ring in wild celebration.

"Big respect to Andy, big big respect," Joshua said. "[He's a] good fighter. Thank you America. Thank you everyone for coming out this evening. Sorry I let my friends down, sorry I let my supporters down."

Watch Video:

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/06/anthony-joshua-loses-to-andy-ruiz-jr.html
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by airminem(f): 6:18am On Jun 02, 2019
Ruiz=Huhari
Joshua =Atiku
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by chinnyonwu(m): 6:19am On Jun 02, 2019
Carlyboi:
Aj will bounce back I think he over exerted himself for this fight and I think the whole impromptu fights didn’t help his cause ppl saying he is not a good boxer bla bla as if he would be the first fighter to lose a match the dude earned all his belt and isn’t ironical that Ruiz jr only loss came against Joseph Parker whom aj took one of his belts he has fought top drawers whether he is overhyped or not that’s for the haters biz he beat Klitschko,Whyte Joseph Parker big names the mouth running wilder is he not bums like Breazeale that made up his 40-0.....anyways Aj needs to work on his stamina defense and all he needs to be able to take more shots I honestly think he always looks too lean for an heavyweight his defense was very poor tonight like something was really amiss and I think if it’s not mandatory to put your all your belts on the line for impromptu fights like this I think one of the belts wud do Incase of eventualities like a defeat happens you don’t go lose your three crowns to a guy who has 0 that’s miscalculation lastly I think Ajs camp never saw this coming they just wanted to give the fans a good fight if they ever envisaged a defeat they would have opted for a bum like Breazeale and just stack up their numbers

Dude, your writeup is an eyesore. Please use punctuations and paragraphs next time

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by azpekuliar: 6:20am On Jun 02, 2019
I have always ranked AJ last of all the top 3 heavyweights.

1. Tyson Fury
2. Deontay “Windmill” Wilder
3 AJ (despite this blip)

Those 3 are still the absolute best in the division at this moment in that order.

If I dey talk before now, my people go say I no dey patriotic. cheesy

As for Hearn (and perhaps the millions of deluded AJ fans) the road to becoming the heavyweight champion of the world still pass through that patch of land known as the United States of America.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Carlyboi(m): 6:20am On Jun 02, 2019
chinnyonwu:

Dude, your writeup is an eyesore. Please use punctuations and paragraphs next time
oh really give me a break man!
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Smarte724(m): 6:21am On Jun 02, 2019
Anthony greatest mistake was going to defend his tittle in us, I knew it will come to this. Take heart
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by VillagePipu: 6:22am On Jun 02, 2019
culcid:

I nearly bet my house , that AJ will win

You should never bet on things out of your control. Na your hand Joshua wan use fight?

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by crisycent: 6:22am On Jun 02, 2019
See how e fall yakata like glo

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by hokafor(m): 6:22am On Jun 02, 2019
Joshua are those muscles for mare display to impress the public ,how can you allow an obese looking guy like this disgrace you.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Dantedasz(m): 6:25am On Jun 02, 2019
Never judge a book by the cover. Ruiz looks fat,overweight and flabby but he was the better prepared boxer. He put Joshua on the canvas four times in that bout,coupled with the fact that Joshua has a glass jaw.
A well deserved victory by Ruiz.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by holluphemydavid(m): 6:25am On Jun 02, 2019
Joshua disappoint me, arsenal disappoint me am in sifia pain

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by kechywillz(m): 6:26am On Jun 02, 2019
cheesy cheesy to even rush to see who knocked Joshua out is a man with akpu stomach,no biceps,nna nawa o grin grin grin
It's just like when ur girlfriend say baby you need to come beat the guy who grabbed my butt all to come and find its someone like Anthony Joshua,u go tell the macho man,he can grab ur girlfriend's butt as how as he likes,infact accuse ur girlfriend of trying to put u in trouble

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by ecclize: 6:26am On Jun 02, 2019
I raed comments in the other thread yester night and everyone gave ot to AJ saying the Ruiz guy is just a makeshit, i thought otherwise but i never expect the guy to knockout AJ tho.
Hmmmm so many lesson to learn from this.
From barca to Arsenal to the least expected of my friend who travelled out and now AJ.
Anything can happen in life..
No matter what people think about does not matter once u are determined success is sure.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by crowley(m): 6:28am On Jun 02, 2019
watch the fight. that short man fast oh.. later anthony would be making mouth. make he go fight Deontay Wilder na!! na ambulance go carry am go house. or na Tyson Fury welcome to USA from Ruiz Jr. Deontay Wilder be eyeing Ruiz Jr and those belts like snake eyeing rabbit. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 02, 2019
It happened to Mike Tyson against Douglas, Lennox Lewis against Hassim Ramman.

My home boy Anthony Joshua. U still got my respect. U will definitely BOUNCE BACK....

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by sondetoks: 6:32am On Jun 02, 2019
grin
GrowYourSales:
Our own Anthony

Ah ah I thought he was unbeatable...I wanted to marry him that year cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by skales67(m): 6:32am On Jun 02, 2019
GloryN2017:
When AJ started doing advert for Glo, i knew his end was near cry

You took the words right outta my mouth! Glo wey get bad luck!

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by tgmservice: 6:34am On Jun 02, 2019
Anthony joshua brought himself bad luck when he started associating himself with the AFONJA tribe

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by emerged01(m): 6:37am On Jun 02, 2019
This is a big loss!
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by thebiggestgists(m): 6:37am On Jun 02, 2019
thegreencoal:
Drake's curse. It's a real curse. Sorry AJ. cry
Yeah
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by sonofElElyon: 6:39am On Jun 02, 2019
he is too much of a fine boy who believes in finesse boxing... sometimes you just have to fight with your heart and not your head... also he cannot stand continued exchange of hard punches... weak chin and knees.. not used to fighting short people that pack a punch... lastly, joshua out of england is like fish out of water!i watched the fight and was really sad but hey, even the great ali lost thrice and won the rematches... he can beat ruiz in the rematch... hope it will be in england!honestly though i think this is the beginning of the end for joshua.. now his challengers will know that he is not so hard to beat if you adopt the right strategy... in the final analysis, no matter what happens subsequently, he has written his name in the history books of boxing... the great A.J. pride of Nigeria... omo ijebu that made us proud.... RESPECT !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by ayufun: 6:41am On Jun 02, 2019
mixta140:

That's what am afraid of
He's actually afraid to fight Deontay Wilder before now and this is expected to boost his confidence to fighting Wilder. But now, I can only do hmm hmm...
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nancy2020(f): 6:42am On Jun 02, 2019
Many people are weeping this early morning gush
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by MisterMan123456: 6:44am On Jun 02, 2019
Gratefulheart01:
My boy disappointed me.

I'm in sifia pains now.

That's why i prefer adasanya Isreal. No one can beat Israel like this.

Style bender? Lai lai! NO ONE CAN TRY THE STYLE BENDER, EVEN IN HIS LOSSES ITS NOT THIS BAD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Victorisoni3(m): 6:44am On Jun 02, 2019
culcid:
I’m weeping
Way de pichure
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Victorisoni3(m): 6:46am On Jun 02, 2019
bujebudanu1:
Mexican descendant. cool awon eyan elchapo
Na drug full that guy body
E no fit tire
abi
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by perdollar(m): 6:46am On Jun 02, 2019
too much amala and ewedu soup

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by skales67(m): 6:47am On Jun 02, 2019
planetx:
This is why he has been dodging Wilder all this while making excuses only to be knocked out by a fat amigo. I guess he had a big bowl of pounded yam and egusi, his favorite food before the fight.

Amala and ewedu
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by sonofElElyon: 6:47am On Jun 02, 2019
get your facts right bro!he has always wanted that big fight with wilder... even the guy who interviewed him in the ring this morning said it. wilder is the one avoiding him. wilder just signed a deal with showtime for 3 fights... none with joshua!the fight with wilder would not have happened anytime earlier than 2nd quarter of next year anyway!wilder is the one running, not A.J.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mmanews.com/deontay-wilder-showtime-new-deal/amp/

ayufun:

He's actually afraid to fight Deontay Wilder before now and this is expected to boost his confidence to fighting Wilder. But now, I can only do hmm hmm...

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by fekolastic(m): 6:47am On Jun 02, 2019
If you know you know, How can an obese man with flappy tummy knock out a six pack fit looking boxer like AJ.
Two things, one over confidence and a sell out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How To Predict And Win Virtual Football League (vfl) / U-17 Eaglets To Receive 20k Each (pictured) / Super Falcons Wearing Skirts In France (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.