Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,752 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:06 PM

Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted (29325 Views)

Breaking:Anthony Joshua's Loss To Usyk Should Be Investigated / Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Andy Ruiz Shows Off Body Transformation Since Anthony Joshua Loss(Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by allisso: 9:20am On Jun 03, 2019
Who else noticed only Nigerians came up with that foolish idea lol
Scripted my foot

1 Like

Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by ajebuter(f): 9:27am On Jun 03, 2019
Enemyofprogress/enemyofpeace

Oya oh..come try ya luck and fight AJ with your basin-belly...

After all, the guy that beat the crap out of AJ get pot belle but as your own na basin-belle, you fit win..

Werey Agege tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by bedfordng(m): 9:33am On Jun 03, 2019
hmmm
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:44am On Jun 03, 2019
Uyi168:
U example does not follow..
Its just like saying Tottenham pocketing more money than Liverpool that won the CL..
it's possible 2006 arsenal won no titles but made more profits than other English clubs...AJ ll still pocket more money in the rematch...cos he is more valuable than Ruiz... at some point Madrid were not wining trophies but we're earning than other clubs winning trophies...sports is business and entertainment not like us here that can organise things well... pacman made his highest money when he fought Mayweather...
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:45am On Jun 03, 2019
Cityfirstborn:

That's how deals are done, wat do you expect, his 4 titles were at stake here so his manager got the best deal which is understandable . In the rematch even if ruiz lose he will get much money than Aj. You don't put your title on the line and expect small package. The match was never scripted
man AJ ll still earn more this things would have been signed before the fight takes place...Aj ll still earn more in d rematch

1 Like

Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by Paulo3ree(m): 9:46am On Jun 03, 2019
afroniger:

I think he is right. I said it earlier that the fight was fixed.

Yeah
Even no bruises just looking like someone that just finished skipping a rope for a match that got up to round 7
Lite weight romance punches grin
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by schamch: 9:50am On Jun 03, 2019
Yes no cut or bruises on his face & this is supposed to be a world heavyweight boxing contest.Even two Oshodi agberos fighting would witness broken teeth , bloody mouth & nose. But then if findings later reveal the truth he will surely lose lots of supporters worldwide.
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by anonymous96: 9:58am On Jun 03, 2019
Gunner1759:
If you actually know AJ you would know that a conspiracy theory would only explain why he lost to Ruiz,
not Wilder, not Fury, but bleeping Ruiz.
Upsets happen.It is part of sports. It is of the things that makes it beautiful.. I don't know if you follow tennis but in 09 The king of Clay—Rafa Nadal—lost at Ronald Garros to Robin Soderling. Btw 05-14 Nadal only lost once at Ronald Garros nd it wasn't to Federer or Djokovic but "Fucking Soderling"

1 Like

Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by kelvxyn: 10:03am On Jun 03, 2019
Obviously... Was a staged fight. He was tossed abeg and e get y. Cos wilder is pained
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 03, 2019
If the fight was fixed as some people believe, it’ll only confirm Anthony Joshua as a fraud. I think the conspiracy theory is nonsense and I do believe that Joshua would beat him in a rematch.
The conspiracy theory in itself is a disrespect to Andy Ruiz Jnr. People should give the man his credit for fighting bravely. Joshua struggled badly with his tactics against the shorter Ruiz. Ruiz didn’t give A.J. the space and opportunity to utilise his jabs. He kept breaching his space and never showed any sign of fear. He fought and took his chances with his punches.

I think Joshua was too cautious in the fight but then again, the fight exposed his many flaws. It’s like wrestling and grappling with a shorter fighter. People seem to focus more on Ruiz’s physique rather than his fighting style. He comes at his taller opponent like a pit bull. Only experienced fighters would overcome him. A.J. on the other hand appeared lethargic. He lost to a more determined Ruiz.

I think he would hand Ruiz his first knock out loss in a rematch.

1 Like

Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by Cityfirstborn(m): 10:09am On Jun 03, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
man AJ ll still earn more this things would have been signed before the fight takes place...Aj ll still earn more in d rematch

yeah, you are right cos the whole deal even the rematch package was signed before the main fight. If ruiz wins, he will now hold the trump card for the next challenger. He will now call the shots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by mixta140: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2019
Cityfirstborn:

That's how deals are done, wat do you expect, his 4 titles were at stake here so his manager got the best deal which is understandable . In the rematch even if ruiz lose he will get much money than Aj. You don't put your title on the line and expect small package. The match was never scripted
How you know
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 03, 2019
Uyi168:
I share the same sentiment too..
My fears becoming confirm when AJ that lost pocketed 20m while the winner, Just 5m...
it was defintely fixed and AJ is trying hard to divert Attention from suspicions.

1 Like

Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by mixta140: 10:22am On Jun 03, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
Thank you my brother, some people no sabi boxing.
Someone here even said here that's how can someone who lost gets more pay , I just dey laff.
AJ will earn more in the rematch for sure

1 Like

Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by Perkins1: 10:37am On Jun 03, 2019
Do you know there are businesses you can startup with zero or almost zero capital?

Don't blink! Contact me to add you to my group where I will teach you skills and knowledge of how to go about this.

Knowledge is power!!
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by PrinceAyke: 10:43am On Jun 03, 2019
[quote author=damiloladuke post=78961994]Was Anthony Joshua loss to Andy Ruiz fixed? Well you are about to know that as a Nigerian man believes so in his own opinion.

The Facebook user identified as Seun Taddy Duro-Fadipe, while taking to the platform, wrote that there was no way the Mexican boxer could have defeated Anthony Joshua and the loss was all a script.

He wrote his opinion on his Facebook page where he mentioned that no one actually wanted to fight Anthony Joshua before Ruiz showed up in the scene

Well played AJ... Here is exactly why I think this match was fixed.

No one wanted to fight Joshua. Ruiz picked up this fight just 6 weeks ago. Properly scripted.

1. Pot for the rematch will be X10 what was generated today becos of hype

2. Joshua will beat Ruiz very very comfortably.

So, Was Anthony Joshua loss fixed?

Seun then further wrote that now that a rather unknown boxer has been crowned the World Heavyweight Champion, he believes that Wilder and Fury would want to come out to challenge Joshua.

3. Wilder and Fury will be scrambling for who should go at AJ first. Same people that were demanding a planet as a ruse not to fight Joshua.

Flooring Anthony Joshua is the classic boxing movie script. Tyson 90', Lennox Lewis 2001, beat the undefeated champion, get him more contenders who'd take a shot at his title therefore generating buzz and more pay for him.

Conspiracy of the smart!!

https://lailasnews.com/was-anthony-joshua-loss-fixed-nigerian-man-believes-it-was-scripted/

while I believe the part where the rematch will generate a ton of money cos of the hype, i don't believe the part about the Wilder and Fury challenge. if u have been following Wilder for a while now you'd know that he's always wanted to fight AJ but its AJ that has refused the fight. Both of them hold the top titles so it would have only been normal for them to have the fight for the unified belt but AJ has been running away from that fight. You can go check out Wilder's tweet after the loss.
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by Pat081: 10:52am On Jun 03, 2019
bettercreature:
Nigerians lol all the game he won wasn’t fixed,only the one he lost
That is Nigeria for us ooooo, always have something to say about their lost

1 Like

Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:04am On Jun 03, 2019
damiloladuke:
Was Anthony Joshua loss to Andy Ruiz fixed? Well you are about to know that as a Nigerian man believes so in his own opinion.

The Facebook user identified as Seun Taddy Duro-Fadipe, while taking to the platform, wrote that there was no way the Mexican boxer could have defeated Anthony Joshua and the loss was all a script.

He wrote his opinion on his Facebook page where he mentioned that no one actually wanted to fight Anthony Joshua before Ruiz showed up in the scene

Well played AJ... Here is exactly why I think this match was fixed.

No one wanted to fight Joshua. Ruiz picked up this fight just 6 weeks ago. Properly scripted.

1. Pot for the rematch will be X10 what was generated today becos of hype

2. Joshua will beat Ruiz very very comfortably.

So, Was Anthony Joshua loss fixed?

Seun then further wrote that now that a rather unknown boxer has been crowned the World Heavyweight Champion, he believes that Wilder and Fury would want to come out to challenge Joshua.

3. Wilder and Fury will be scrambling for who should go at AJ first. Same people that were demanding a planet as a ruse not to fight Joshua.

Flooring Anthony Joshua is the classic boxing movie script. Tyson 90', Lennox Lewis 2001, beat the undefeated champion, get him more contenders who'd take a shot at his title therefore generating buzz and more pay for him.

Conspiracy of the smart!!

https://lailasnews.com/was-anthony-joshua-loss-fixed-nigerian-man-believes-it-was-scripted/

watch this breakdown of the fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIr2LgCpzT8
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 03, 2019
Ayomaitama:
Andy Ruiz Jnr is a very clean boxer. He has the power and the energy to beat Anthony Joshua. He was defeated by Parker in 2016 but it was a very good fight. Anthony got him annoyed by flooring him in round 3. he had never been floored before. He will beat Anthony again in November or December when the rematch takes place. Ruiz will beat Wilder because he is a strong boxer.
have never watched him fight...
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by XchUskY4u(m): 11:36am On Jun 03, 2019
las las na scam grin grin grin
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by Favmil101(m): 11:40am On Jun 03, 2019
Uyi168:
My fears becoming confirm when AJ that lost pocketed 20m while the winner, Just 5m...
AJ got 20m bcs he was de defending champ while de other is the Challenger.

2 Likes

Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by Joshuazedd(m): 12:13pm On Jun 03, 2019
Put yourself in Ruiz's shoes. Whenever you're an underdog and win something you fought hard for.. Then People discredite your winning calling it fixed. Give Ruiz some respect

1 Like

Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by Amujale(m): 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
Favmil101:

AJ got 20m bcs he was de defending champ while de other is the Challenger.

Plus, team AJ was deemed the ‘A side’ the reason he and his team called all the shots before any glove was laced.

I’m not here to argue for or against whether it was fixed simply because I wasn’t present in their meetings nor their dressing rooms.

The “A side” always get the lion’s share lose or win.

What happens when both teams are claiming to be the ‘A side’?

Well, nothing happens, no agreement, no boxing match.

When Floyd Mayweather Jnr out boxed Manny Pacquiao, Floyd was the ‘A side’, gets to pick the winnings and the re-match clause.

The same applies to AJ as per getting the most cash and re-match is in the bag already.

Even in the re-match it’s highly probable that team AJ concocted the writing of the clause so as to retain ‘A side’ status in order to receive the lions share yet again.

It’s important to note that a draw in the re-match would definitely dispossess AJ of such status, not to talk about another numeric tally on the second column of his astonishing boxing record.

1 Like

Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by cbrass(m): 12:34pm On Jun 03, 2019
dona4real:
Also let's not forget about this matter here that This is a fighter that should already be a world champion if not for the controversial scoring in his fight with Joseph Parker. Ruiz fought well enough to deserve a lopsided decision win in that fight, but the judges scored it for Parker by a 12 round majority decision in a fight that took place in his original homeland of New Zealand, Anthony Joshua felt that since he is in a possession of 3 major belts namely:WBA,IBFWBO,he only needed the WBC which is being held by WILDER of the United state of A,and again they could have fought as way back as 2017 ,what marinated the fight to this long extension of time was that Anthony Joshua management says they are the A side,and as a matter of fact he helps 3 belts, it's gonna be 75%-25%,which Wilder A.k.a bronze bomber declined ,that's why their bout never came to fruition,I still stand on the existing protocols that it wasn't fixed at all.. SIMPLE!!!!!!!!?

You have a point though, but the earlier you accept that WWE is fast taking over the boxing world, the better for you. Those punches were not enough to KO AJ.. Imagine no bruises. The winners of that fight were the bet companies.
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by Walelavender(m): 12:55pm On Jun 03, 2019
virginboy1:
This fixed match spoil boys tickets gan!!! cry

On the contrary,

Happiness is when u thought you've eaten the last akara, but u touched the nylon and feel one one cheesy
I can relate with the akara joke. Happened several times o grin grin grin
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by haryomikun(m): 12:58pm On Jun 03, 2019
Uyi168:
What are you saying?

The person who generates buzz always takes the higher purse. It's no based on winner or loser
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by dona4real(m): 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
cbrass:

WWE as we know is world wrestling entertainment,most of the fights are not real

You have a point though, but the earlier you accept that WWE is fast taking over the boxing world, the better for you. Those punches were not enough to KO AJ.. Imagine no bruises. The winners of that fight were the bet companies.

1 Like

Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by Amujale(m): 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2019
allisso:
Who else noticed only Nigerians came up with that idea...

Not really, it’s been the talk in local pubs and sports leisure centres everywhere, ever since. Even though I do not subscribe to such notion, to me AJ under estimated Ruiz and paid dearly.

He should have come into the bout with the same hunger and mindset he had against Vladimir.

I blame his team for not employing the correct tactics against a doughy Mexican-American boxer. AJ should have slept on the heavy bags more and his tactics should have been boxing at a distance not the slug fest that eventually got him into trouble.

In a way the fight was quite similar the Vladimir one, the major difference being that time he picked himself off the canvas and came back steaming to pick up the win.

Whereas in this occasion all the credit goes to Andy Ruiz for constantly staying on top of the former champ and scoring an unexpected win in my opinion.
Re: Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted by Amujale(m): 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2019
Hey guys, word has it that AJ’s team didn’t secure their rematch in the contract clause.

Oh my gold, what a stupid thing to does. Kindly check whether these facts hold up though.

Dontae (a close friend of AJ and a boxing pundit) says and I quote

“AJ and his team turned down a re-match in the contract because they thought they wouldn’t need it”

I don’t know what you guys think of that news, maybe it’s fake news,but if not, then, that to me was a very naive move on their part.

Although, after fight, the promoter Eddie Hearn was seen announcing the rematch will be Nov - December later in the year.

It seems Ruiz now holds all the aces.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski: Who Has The Best Goal+assist Stats Since 2016/17? / Arsene Wenger Invited To George Weah's Inauguration As Liberian President / Sanwo-Olu, Others Visit Super Eagles Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.