Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript (30139 Views)

Chrisland's Image Must Not Be Tainted. - Ex Student / Nigerian Student Shows The Bottle Of Wine His Lecturer Gifted His Team In France / POMA University, A Fraudulent And Fake University- Ex Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by ednut1(m): 8:35am On Jun 04, 2019
Skye231:
you must be a yahoo boy
i had a 4point GPA and am also a qualified accountant. How can i be a yahoo boy

2 Likes

Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by HeyCorleone(m): 8:37am On Jun 04, 2019
ednut1:
Bsc means you have made it in life

This comment is riddled with Frustration.

Obviously you don't understand the guy's POV. It's not about the BSc. it's about having it against all odds.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by leedigital: 8:37am On Jun 04, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Too much focus on education is part of the reasons Africa and Nigeria isn't developing. We live in a country where people see degrees as an achievement. I met a tattered hungry looking boy the other day , from his dressing you could tell he was suffering yet he didn't allow me hear word about his law degree. I have a degree in law, I'm a lawyer. I just dey laugh the mumu.

Lmao. I disagree on "too much focus on education", like tf. grin

Tell me a country where it's citizens does not value degrees. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by BrainSanitizer: 8:39am On Jun 04, 2019
phransix2:
Same Bsc Buhari said is no longer a meal ticket? I had mine since and nobody has asked to see it. cry
That's the real world. No one cares what you have anymore. All the want to know is what you can do.
I'm in the 13th month on my current job. Done two performance appraisals and my office doesn't have copies of my certificates. They just took my CV and that's it.
Even during the interview process, no one mentioned anything about my certificates. It was entirely demonstrations of skills, competences, problem solving, blah blah blah...
Last time I opened the file containing my certificates, I was angry that no one wants to know what certificates I've got.

6 Likes

Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by NobleAngell(f): 8:46am On Jun 04, 2019
BrainSanitizer:

That's the real world. No one cares what you have anymore. All the want to know is what you can do.
I'm in the 13th month on my current job. Done two performance appraisals and my office doesn't have copies of my certificates. They just took my CV and that's it.
Even during the interview process, no one mentioned anything about my certificates. It was entirely demonstrations of skills, competences, problem solving, blah blah blah...
Last time I opened the file containing my certificates, I was angry that no one wants to know what certificates I've got.
Pls where are you working? Kindly help a sister.
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 04, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Too much focus on education is part of the reasons Africa and Nigeria isn't developing. We live in a country where people see degrees as an achievement. I met a tattered hungry looking boy the other day , from his dressing you could tell he was suffering yet he didn't allow me hear word about his law degree. I have a degree in law, I'm a lawyer. I just dey laugh the mumu.
Guy, you mean ooh...see gist...haba!!! Allow am brag about the feat na
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by lexy2014: 8:49am On Jun 04, 2019
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by OlujobaSamuel: 8:51am On Jun 04, 2019
bukatyne:

I thought transcript can only be obtained after a student has graduated hence gotten his B.Sc.?

So what B.Sc. is he getting again?
Probably seemed for a transfer (transcript needed) but the school denied him despite collecting application fee and doing other necessary things, so maybe a kinda waiver was granted to him by the school he moved to so as to complete his program
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by dreamwords: 8:52am On Jun 04, 2019
phransix2:
Same Bsc Buhari said is no longer a meal ticket? I had mine since and nobody has asked to see it. cry
BSc is different from BSc
Your course of study matters
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by BrainSanitizer: 8:53am On Jun 04, 2019
NobleAngell:
Pls where are you working? Kindly help a sister.
My firm isn't recruiting at the moment. If there's an opening that I know, I'll let you know.
Depending on the skills you have anyway.
You can dm me.
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by bukatyne(f): 8:55am On Jun 04, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Probably seemed for a transfer (transcript needed) but the school denied him despite collecting application fee and doing other necessary things, so maybe a kinda waiver was granted to him by the school he moved to so as to complete his program

Okay, thanks.

Never thought about that.
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by KingOfAllIgbos: 8:57am On Jun 04, 2019
bukatyne:

I thought transcript can only be obtained after a student has graduated hence gotten his B.Sc.?

The story made zero sense. I thought so 2 or 3 days ago when i first saw it....

An obviously inept MOD still pushed such a meaningless article to FP

1 Like

Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by bukatyne(f): 8:59am On Jun 04, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

The story made zero sense. I thought so 2 or 3 days ago when i first saw it....

An obviously inept MOD still pushed such a meaningless article to FP

@OlujobaSamuel gave an explanation that makes sense.
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:05am On Jun 04, 2019
bukatyne:

@OlujobaSamuel gave an explanation that makes sense.

Even then, it's very unworthy of FP.
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:06am On Jun 04, 2019
KingAzubuike:
He is a lawyer nau, why were you laughing?
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by frixie: 9:22am On Jun 04, 2019
Don't even know where my B.sc is again. I advice u get a good box for safe keeping and roll up ur sleeves.
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by AlphaT1(m): 9:25am On Jun 04, 2019
BrainSanitizer:

You think so? Most times you can't even apply for that job if you don't have the papers. Yes, the company might not ask you but they know you have it. They have studied ur CV which says you have it and they know you are not lying. I wasn't asked for any paper as well, but I got to know later that they contacted my institution (during their background check).

2 Likes

Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by samonak(m): 9:25am On Jun 04, 2019
steveDpro:
Take advantage of the Ongoing MBA scholarship opportunity in India.

To learn more about the scholarship click here
Are Black people safe in India? We all know how black people are hated in that country. What assurances are you giving of our safety over there?
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by Ikpeazukerosene: 9:41am On Jun 04, 2019
KingAzubuike:

If you want to hire a dozen lawyers to be fanning you in your house, go High Court Igbosere. Them full there in dozens.
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by BrainSanitizer: 9:41am On Jun 04, 2019
AlphaT1:

You think so? Most times you can't even apply for that job if you don't have the papers. Yes, the company might not ask you but they know you have it. They have studied ur CV which says you have it and they know you are not lying. I wasn't asked for any paper as well, but I got to know later that they contacted my institution (during their background check).

You're right. They may have done a background check. But not all firms do that. Some of them simply don't care about the degrees you have. They are after your skills.
I'm not saying the paper certificates aren't important. They are, otherwise universities wouldn't have been issuing them.
But the modern world is fast tending away from "what I read" to "what I can do".
People should go to school, get certificates but MUST acquire skills in order fit properly into the society. That's simply what I'm reiterating.
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by KillerBeauty(f): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Which one is too much focus on education? How can a country be developed without educated citizens. How did China become a developed country if not for education.
Or maybe you are talking about formal education. Too much focus on formal education. Because apprenticeship is an education too. Or what we call learning handwork here.

1 Like

Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by Hi36363773: 9:50am On Jun 04, 2019
Join Now!!

Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by Olarewaju89: 10:10am On Jun 04, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 04, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Please define education and then rewrite this your message. You mean formal education abi?
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by Kaceman(m): 10:27am On Jun 04, 2019
Congrats mean ee no easy
Follow me to mine Bitcoin check my signature for link
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by Lokoyen(m): 10:34am On Jun 04, 2019
bukatyne:

It is required too if you want to do transfer to another institution.
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by KingAzubuike(f): 10:39am On Jun 04, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

If you want to hire a dozen lawyers to be fanning you in your house, go High Court Igbosere. Them full there in dozens.
That course is becoming something else. 70% of graduates from that field have nothing meaningful to do with their lives. Some go suffer reach con go do private practice open shop write banner on top okey and sons legal practitioners grin . Many jobless lawyers are just roaming the streets. If you fail to pass that bar exams you're finished.
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by EazyMoh(m): 11:27am On Jun 04, 2019
bukatyne:

I thought I was the only one who hasn't understood the story.
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by bjbjbj: 12:02pm On Jun 04, 2019
Why do Nigerians take education as a big deal. Shine your eyes and make a living for yourself.
Re: Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript by AdemolaA2: 2:32pm On Jun 04, 2019
KingAzubuike:

You’re absolutely right and you just read my mind Sis .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwara Poly First Batch Admission List Is Out / Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel / Registered Errand Boy At The Ahmadu Bello University Zaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.