Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) (4263 Views)

If Ed Miliband Wins This Week's Election ...... / I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman / Ed Miliband And Erick Spoelstra: Seperated At Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2010
^^^^^abeg go rest!!!! wetin bring goodluck here now? amebo!!!
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 29, 2010
Why is everyone on Femilove's neck??
I agree with his comments.

A quick look at the comments section in the dailies will address this issue. . . yeah yeah yeah.
I know what you are gonne say. it is inconclusive and whatnot but those are real comments by real people.

When it comes to who leads the country, majority of Brits would rather have someone who has religious links (perferrably christian) to be the PM. . . .call it whatever you like. Hypocrisy, double standard etc etc etc
Not only that, there is also a clamour for him to ‘legalise’ his ‘marriage’. Now, if that’s not linked to religion then I wonder what is?
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by femi4love(m): 6:50pm On Sep 29, 2010
@Omo Ibo

Thanks for your understanding. Nigerians are known to be very argumentative, sometimes blindly. The beauty of it however, is that you get to hear diverse opinions which we all learn from, no matter how silly.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2010
blacksta:

Choose one

Ed Milliband that claims he doesnt know God or a GoodLuck who professes God but cant show Christ Like qualities in this life.

Classic grin
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Onlytruth(m): 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2010
Anybody who says that he does not believe in God is lying.

He is lying to the public because deep down his heart, I CAN ASSURE YOU that he knows the truth.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 30, 2010
If anyone is still in doubt kindly tune in to LBC 97.3 and listen to what people are saying.
An overwhelming number of callers are going gong-ho about him not getting married, his religion and his missing name from his childs birth certificate.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by femi4love(m): 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2010
Wondering why this man didn't reveal this before he was elected. I'm waiting to see how this plays out for the Labour Party.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by KnowAll(m): 10:50pm On Sep 30, 2010
666 IS Becoming a reality when a major nation like Britain have an aethiet at the helms of her affair but then an aethiest is different from a satanist
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Sagamite(m): 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2010
femi4love:

Sorry to know about your "experience" but you are not the only one. It may sound like rubbish, but I personally prefer someone who believes in God to be my country's PM or president than someone who doesn't believe in God.
Whatever he does with his belief and his acts will be judged eventually by God.

Whether we like it or not, a person's belief will have an influence on him/her no matter how obvious or little it is.

An example of stark intellectual illiteracy!
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Sagamite(m): 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2010
KnowAll:

666 IS Becoming a reality when a major nation like Britain have an aethiet at the helms of her affair but then an aethiest is different from a satanist

And the ones that have a muslim as head don't proffer a "666 reality"?

And the ones that have Hindu as head nko?

[Shakes head at some logic processes]
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by mamagee3(f): 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2010
Sagamite:

An example of stack intellectual illiteracy!
I can't laugh. . . grin grin grin
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Sagamite(m): 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2010
mama-gee:

I can't laugh. . . grin grin grin

People are fed rubbish about some foreign religion and they go around ranting it is "The truth" and the solution to everything.

They envelop their whole lives around it and drop all sense of independent thinking.

I would rather have a competent man with good intentions as my leader than a man that believes or profess to believe in God.

No wonder alot of their "Men of God" are flying private jet. They cannot be challenged because independent thought has been quashed by the belief public declaration of followership, love and representation of God means they can do no wrong.

Complete stark intellectual illiteracy!

No wonder millions of them keep quiet and back down when some corrupt slowpoke says "Isha Allah" or "Only God can judge".
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by mamagee3(f): 11:28pm On Sep 30, 2010
^^Please save your rage for pastors like Chris Oyakhilome who fly private jets.

As for the talk about intellectual, Once again I can't laugh.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by KnowAll(m): 11:39pm On Sep 30, 2010
People are fed rubbish about some foreign religion and they go around ranting it is "The truth" and the solution to everything.

They envelop their whole lives around it and drop all sense of independent thinking.

I would rather have a competent man with good intentions as my leader than a man that believes or profess to believe in God.

No wonder alot of their "Men of God" are flying private jet. They cannot be challenged because independent thought has been quashed by the belief public declaration of followership, love and representation of God means they can do no wrong.

Complete stack intellectual illiteracy!

No wonder millions of them keep quiet and back down when some corrupt slowpoke says "Isha Allah" or "Let God be the jugde".

[size=14pt]I won't call an athiest an intelligent person, athiestism is another name of humpty dumpty, that is empty headed fellows without a view on whether he believes in God OR the devil. They can't face the perils of the world by having a stance on critical issues. I personally see them as intellectually lazy and laisser fair, is that the kind of person any nation worth his or her salt  would want to choose as their leaders.

To call athiest nincompops and simpletons would not be an understatment.  undecided[/size]
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Sagamite(m): 11:50pm On Sep 30, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]I won't call an athiest an intelligent person, athiestism is another name of humpty dumpty, that is empty headed fellows without a view on whether he believes in God OR the devil. They can't face the perils of the world by having a stance on critical issues. I personally see them as intellectually lazy and laisser fair, is that the kind of person any nation worth his or her salt  would want to choose as their leaders.

To call athiest nincompops and simpletons would not be an understatment.  undecided[/size]

I can partially understand your argument.

The part I don't understand is how you can condemn an atheist as intellectually lazy but at the same time not condemn someone that believes in the devil or claim to know one exists as same.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by DisGuy: 11:57pm On Sep 30, 2010
There's no way someone who doesn't believe in God will have the fear of God, even when it comes to dealing with others. Some who claim they know God don't even manifest the fear of God, how much less atheists?

Bloody hell

femi4love:

Wondering why this man didn't reveal this before he was elected. I'm waiting to see how this plays out for the Labour Party.

lol bloody hell again!!!
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by KnowAll(m): 12:15am On Oct 01, 2010
I can partially understand your argument.

The part I don't understand is how you can condemn an atheist as intellectually lazy but at the same time not condemn someone that believes in the devil or claim to know one exists as same

[size=14pt]Why would I condemn someone who belives in the devil, at least a satanist is praepared to go to any lenght at proven his existence, but an athiest beleif in noting, if u get noting out of 10 u know u have got the least possible mark anyone can get, but the one who beleif in the devil has made an attempt to answer the question and the puzzles of life. ?[/size]??
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Sagamite(m): 12:29am On Oct 01, 2010
KnowAll link=topic=522351.ms

g6853286#msg6853286 date=1285888554:

[size=14pt]Why would I condemn someone who belives in the devil, at least a satanist is praepared to go to any lenght at proven his existence, but an athiest beleif in noting, if u get noting out of 10 u know u have got the least possible mark anyone can get, but the one who beleif in the devil has made an attempt to answer the question and the puzzles of life.  ?[/size]??

You will still get zero if you describe Archimides Principles to answer a question asking: What is an ionic bond?

Someone that believes in the devil is equally mentally lazy by just packing the bulk of life's negativities they do not understand and attributing to some metaphysical being they do not know exists. That is not answering the question, it is a lazy assumption.

I have no problem with either party, I just find it biased to condemn one and leave the other.

People can believe what they want to believe, I will only judge them based on their competence and intentions for a leadership position.

I am not religious but if Milliband's intention is to make UK less religious, I would not vote for him because I believe religion is useful in society. It helps control a mass of loons and halfwits that dominate the human race with one easy, grand stroke. P.S: I am not saying religious people are loons or halfwits. I am just saying loons and halfwits can normally be controlled through religion.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by jalether(m): 12:46am On Oct 01, 2010
I don't support or condone atheism. However, a politician should be judged based on his political and moral merit rather than his religious belief

I will prefer an Atheist that adhere to the constitution and has the people's interest at heart over a cold hearted and greedy "believer". . , sadly, majority

of our leaders fall into the latter category.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by GAR3TH(m): 2:14am On Oct 01, 2010
i never really understood why people make a big deal about issues like these. so he is an Atheist so what. only retards will base his religious beliefs on whether he will get elected. a large amount of the developed world doesn't believe in god. why?," because it doesn't exist. religious book are field with misinformation that sometimes contradict each other, etc. but something did create the universe, but its wasn't a spiritual being."
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by shotster50(m): 2:39am On Oct 01, 2010
Funny how so many people here seem to think they know whats good for the  British public.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2010
The news is not surprisng as a lot of left wing political activists are atheists. They certainly have played an important role in determining government legislation since the infamous Permissive Society legislation of the 1960's whenever the Labour Party has been in power.
I hope and indeed pray that for this reason he would never get to Downing Street. 
As usual though a lot of people here are just talking loudly and boorishly about what they know absolutely nothing about. It is a very serious matter for such a misguided soul to be in a position to occupy the highest seat in the land.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Afam4eva(m): 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2010
A politician in Nigeria will lie that he beleived in God even if he dosn't just to get votes.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
Do we have to remind people to stop making irrational comparisons. This is strictly a British political issue and has no counterpart whatsoever with Nigerian politics which operates in a very different culture.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by jamace(m): 7:33am On Oct 02, 2010
Let the man be. Religion is a personal thing.

Our leaders in Naija are decieving us with religion. On sundays/fridays, nigerians will troop to worship centers and cast and bind the devil. But immediately they step out of the church/mosque, they will steal and loot the treasury dry. Are we decieving our God or fellow human beings?

I bet you, Ed-Miliband will go to heaven/paradise while our so-called Naija christians and moslems will rot in hell.

Like Mahatma Ghandi will say:
"I love your Christ, but I hate your christians"

Nigerians should repent of their evil ways.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2010
^^It is none of your business really if we, the UK electorate, decide to vote against Milliband because of his atheism. After all there is no way he can separate such a negation of faith  from the legislation and policy of the government of the day if he ever becomes prime minister.
It is simply not your place as a foreigner or non-citizen to decide or pontificate on what is good for us in the UK.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Sagamite(m): 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2010
tensor777:

The news is not surprisng as a lot of left wing political activists are atheists. They certainly have played an important role in determining government legislation since the infamous Permissive Society legislation of the 1960's whenever the Labour Party has been in power.
I hope and indeed pray that for this reason he would never get to Downing Street. 
As usual though a lot of people here are just talking loudly and boorishly about what they know absolutely nothing about. It is a very serious matter for such a misguided soul to be in a position to occupy the highest seat in the land.

I think you have completely muddled up ideological thinking with[b] religious belief[/b].

You can't just assume and judge a man's ideology based on his belief in a God.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by mbulela: 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2010
I'll choose Ed Miliband over GEJ a thousand times over.
By the way i am a Christian.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2010
mbulela:

I'll choose Ed Miliband over GEJ a thousand times over.
By the way i am a Christian.
That is an irrational comparison as you're talking about 2 entirely different political cultures. However it is none of your business who the UK elctorate choose to elect as their PM.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 05, 2010
Sagamite:

I think you have completely muddled up ideological thinking with[b] religious belief[/b].
You can't just assume and judge a man's ideology based on his belief in a God.
The point I am making is that there is a linkage between a politician's ideology, which influences his policies and legislative bills, and the politician's belief in God. This particularly appertains to social policy.
This has been proved time and time again with the atheistically inclined wing of the Labour party in recent years. You may take it as a mere coincidence but it is noteworthy that in recent years a raft of legislation and policies of the labour party were in direct contradiction of the word of God and the UK's Christian heritage.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by KnowAll(m): 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2010
Despite Britain's political correctness they have still not manage to vote an an athiest as their PM in the year 2010. That more than anything should serve as a pointer & set alarm bells ringing that an aethiest have no chance in hell winning the General elections, except of course d other party commits a very public political Hara-kiri.
Re: I Don't Believe In God - Ed Miliband (new Uk Labour Leader) by Sagamite(m): 12:46pm On Oct 06, 2010
tensor777:

The point I am making is that there is a linkage between a politician's ideology, which influences his policies and legislative bills, and the politician's belief in God. This particularly appertains to social policy.
This has been proved time and time again with the atheistically inclined wing of the Labour party in recent years. You may take it as a mere coincidence but it is noteworthy that in recent years a raft of legislation and policies of the labour party were in direct contradiction of the word of God and the UK's Christian heritage.

Correlation is not causation.

You can't blindly say because someone is atheist then you will condemn him as you believe he would be too leftist. You judge each case by case by assessing the ideology.

Was Tony Blair not a devout Xtian (and is he still not one after leaving office)? Did he not increase the moral decadence of the UK society with his ridiculous vast changes in legislation in favour of gays and the promotion of the deviants?

So a man being a Xtian does not mean his ideology would be conservative and vice versa. Don't mix ideology up with religious belief.

I am not a religious person at all, but feel free to ask bawomolo if that means my social policy is so-called liberal.

Let me hint you: I am a strong advocate of death penalty (even interested in exploring possibilities of brutal death for those that were brutal and heartless in their murder crimes); I believe in corporal discipline in schools and at home; I am anti-deviants; I believe in death penalty for certain levels of corruption; I believe sports hooligans or unwarranted/illogical rioters that destroy properties or assault/injure/attack others, when caught, should have their shirts taken off their back and flogged with horse whips or koboko like the animals they are etc.

My lack of belief in a religion does not shape my ideology to be leftist.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-505643.0.html

I will judge each man individually, not by religious affiliation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dokpesi Is Released / The State Of FG Rehabilitated Roads In Your Area / See Buhari's Plan For Electricity In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.