Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum (15564 Views)

David Hundeyin: How Toyosi Ogunseye Sexually Harasses Men, Sabotages Careers / Mustafa Balarabe Shehu Elected President Of WFEO / Olumide Akpata Biography: 9 Things To Know About The Newly Elected NBA President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by GeneralPula: 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2019
cool
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Ballmer: 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2019
You rather news of that foolish girl n the foolish Igbo grandpa she’s frolicking with hit front page that this one ba ? Make bigotry kii u there.

zeromeridian:
Every insignificant news now makes front page.
I don't know what NL is turning into

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by olioxx(m): 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
Yoruba kwenu!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by RemiOAjayi: 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
OlawaleSmarter0:
A Nigerian journalist, Toyosi Ogunseye, has become the vice president of World Editors Forum (WEF).

Ogunseye who heads the BBC West Africa, was elected on Saturday at the annual meeting of WEF held in Scotland.

She is to deputise Warren Fernandez, editor of the Straits Times and editor-in-chief of Singapore Press Holdings’ English, Malay and Tamil Media Group, for the next two years.

Expressing her pleasure to serve in the capacity in a tweet, she wrote: “This morning, the @WorldEditors board voted Warren Fernandez @theSTeditor as President and me as Vice President. Warren and I are pleased to serve and humbled to lead the World Editors Forum. #WINSummit19 #WNMC19”

Meanwhile, the outgoing WEF president, Dave Callaway, who spoke shortly after their emergence, said: “Warren and Toyosi’s elections ensure WEF is in good hands as we encounter the challenges of the next two years. With media freedom under attack from all sides, a diverse, experienced leadership is what we need to help bring our industry together and take it forward.”

A Mandela Washington fellow, Ogunseye is one of the most revered journalists in Africa; with an outstanding career at The PUNCH, where she had risen to the position of the first female editor since the organisation was founded about five decades ago.

In her career as a journalist for about 15 years, she has won more 30 awards. Some of these are the Diamond Awards for Media Excellence (DAME); CNN MultiChoice African Journalist of the Year Awards (2011 and 2013); Knight International Journalism Award; and the Nigerian Academy of Science Journalist of the Year.

WEF is the leading network for print and digital editors of newspapers and news organisations around the world.

This is the first time that its leadership would be from Asia and Africa since it was established about two decades ago.

https://thetransverse.com/2019/06/02/nigerias-toyosi-ogunseye-becomes-vice-president-of-world-editors-forum/

Congratulations to our own daughter making us proud! Keep keeping the flag high our omoluabi atata

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by GeneralPula: 7:02pm On Jun 03, 2019
YungMillionaire:
YorubaAmaka. Gbayi! If only Yoruba and Igbos can get along, imagine how much good it will do Nigeria. We the Southern minority tribes are looking up to these two giants but they are busy attacking each other all over social media. To whom much is given, much is expected.

The Yeebos started it all!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by WorkTheTalk(m): 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2019
We are proud of you, brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Conqueror89: 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2019
Nigeria amaka grin cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Connecticut: 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
AllenSpencer:
Beauty with brains

OP, please take the picture off before Ned Nwoko or Ubi Franklin go after her.
. Do u think a young lady like this can be pushed with money?

1 Like

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Gforce2019: 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2019
Toyosi, I know her. I dated her in 2006.

Lemme check if I still have her fone number.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by XklusivGistBlog(m): 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2019

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Solidkay(m): 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2019
More of news like this is definitely gonna put the country in the right spot light.

"NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN"

1 Like

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by YungMillionaire: 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
GeneralPula:
[/b]

Even if true, then tell me when does this stop. Will (or should) it continue like dis forever? It might be heading to a boiling point, if you ask me.
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by karashita: 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
Congrats,dear.
A cheery news.
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Dedetwo(m): 7:24pm On Jun 03, 2019
sogodihno:
I know it can only be a Yoruba.

Omoluabi ni mi

Are you not funny?
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Kaceman(m): 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
Nice work guy show yourself to the world.

Follow me if you want to mine Bitcoin click on my signature. Pls use laptop to open the link
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Dedetwo(m): 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
AllenSpencer:
Beauty with brains

OP, please take the picture off before Ned Nwoko or Ubi Franklin go after her.

I guess you meant brain but beauty which I totally agree. By the way, she is my type of lady.
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Dedetwo(m): 7:31pm On Jun 03, 2019
GeneralPula:

[/b]

I guess you cannot help your ugly self.

1 Like

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Seetto: 7:31pm On Jun 03, 2019
This is a good news for both Yoruba and igbo and Nigeria as a whole, let's celebrate Nigeria and our beautiful brain..

No to ethnic chauvinism..

1 Like

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by NSK4U(m): 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
now Yoruba is waking up again......
pretty with brain, more success fall on her
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by TheFacelessMan: 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2019
zeromeridian:

2 Likes

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by NSK4U(m): 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2019
Dedetwo:

I guess you meant brain but beauty which I totally agree. By the way, she is my type of lady.

Man, in Yoruba land, dat lady is very beautiful except u ain't familiar with Yoruba ladies.
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by GeneralPula: 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Even if true, then tell me when does this stop. Will (or should) it continue like dis forever? It might be heading to a boiling point, if you ask me.

My brother, Definitely it couldn’t wouldn’t shouldn’t. grin. To me, the solution isn’t something hard. Let them stop hating today and watch every tribal nonsense dialed down!
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by oloriLFC(f): 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
zeromeridian:
how is it insignificant?

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Funkybabee(f): 8:05pm On Jun 03, 2019
wow!!! this is a great feet
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Naijatutorial: 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2019
Nice development.

Meanwhile

Is your child struggling with school work? Do you need a personalized in-home or online tutor to help improve your grade in school?

We are here for you. All our tutors are verified, so no issue of insecurity.

Check my signature below and book a tutor anywhere in Nigeria
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
Na we... Igbo amaka

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Elobless: 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2019
Good one dear
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Kennydoc(m): 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
sogodihno:
I know it can only be a Yoruba.

Omoluabi ni mi

Well, I knew it must be a Yoruba before I opened it. Na Yorubas get media for Nigeria. My people no too sabi dat side.

Congrats to her. She looks young and beautiful BTW. Her hubby must be a lucky guy.
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Tblesd: 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2019
Sorry for this o! Am a confrrm Yoruba man. Omo Yoruba atata ni mi. If no b Yoruba ,na IBO. Shey Hausa no dey go abroad ni. Dem never represent. It pains me wen I see IBO attacking Yoruba and vice versa. Let's join hand together and put this Hausa people in their place. Imagine this Northerners ruling us for years. It is just unjust

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader / Human Anatomy Combined With Radiography - Advice On 2nd Degree (medical Field) / Certificates Are Just Papers: Really?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.