Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,472 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement (20759 Views)

Microsoft Edge Browser Passes 1 Million Downloads On Google Play Store In 1 Week / Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store / What Is So Special? This Browser Costs 80,000 Naira On Google Play (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by sirneyo2005: 8:52am On Jun 04, 2019
5g was tested in UK using Huawei device, iphone does not use Google apps Huawei will still be fine the will focus on Africa just look at our telecommunications sector the use mostly Huawei equipment
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by tiwiex(m): 8:52am On Jun 04, 2019
Esseite:
Huawei may find it difficult to win this war.... the tech coys have a lot of ties within themselves.

Maybe not. Things change. Didn't even know there was a store called aptoide. Now I do. Google is a loser in this one too. I am even feeling sorry for Huawei. I might just buy a Huawei phone in future.
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 04, 2019
tech gurus please help me make a choice....

https://www.nairaland.com/5224390/xiaomi-redmi-note-vs-gionee
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Lordave: 8:55am On Jun 04, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

IPhone has their own unique store which still has access to app such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, reddit, Whatsapp, google, telegram, gmail, yahoo etc.

Now, let me ask you, can you use a huawei phone that does not have access to those apps?
From all the threads about this ban that I have been following you’re the only who have asked this question.
This your point has even eluded US and Google backers here when they’re matched in a debate with Chinese sympathisers.

You are indeed, a very intelligent man.

They always say Hauwei will survive, Hauwei will come back better than android. But they failed to understand that cutting ties with Google and other American companies also means, WhatsApp is American, likewise Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Wikipedia, Reddit, etc, so how is Hauwei gonna cope without access to those basic apps?

6 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Electronzeez(m): 8:55am On Jun 04, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Understand issues before concluding
China banned Facebook, Google and the rest from its country...
America did the same... But Huawei was still doing fine...
America continued by banning Huawei from doing business with its companies...
Thats Aggressive bully!!

Plus America is coercing other countries to cut ties with Huawei. That is completely evil .

3 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by falopey: 8:56am On Jun 04, 2019
sirneyo2005:
5g was tested in UK using Huawei device, iphone does not use Google apps Huawei will still be fine the will focus on Africa just look at our telecommunications sector the use mostly Huawei equipment
You don’t know what you are saying. What do you mean iPhone does not use google app? I use iPhone. I cannot do without google apps on my iPhone. I don’t know how a phone without google apps can survive for now because I don’t want to use such a phone. Nobody wants to.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Alexrayz(m): 8:57am On Jun 04, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

IPhone has their own unique store which still has access to app such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, reddit, Whatsapp, google, telegram, gmail, yahoo etc.

Now, let me ask you, can you use a huawei phone that does not have access to those apps?

I believe if they can get Africa and thier own market add few Asia country to it who need America and Europe iPhone and blackberry have thought us been unique is not so a bad thing
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Lordave: 9:06am On Jun 04, 2019
Alexrayz:

I believe if they can get Africa and thier own market add few Asia country to it who need America and Europe iPhone and blackberry have thought us been unique is not so a bad thing
Oga you still don’t understand the question!

Can You and about hundred persons you know make use of a Hauwei phone without, Facebook, Gmail, WhatsApp, Wikipedia, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter?

This ban means Hauwei devices won’t have access to those apps no matter the OS they develop. Until you understand this, you won’t understand that Hauwei devices are doomed globally.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 04, 2019
peeps4u:

Exactly.
I only pity Huawei in all this. But no one should blame USA for this but China.
If twitter, google,WhatsApp, Facebook are fine and ain't crying for not Allowing them in China, Huawei should be fine also.

Did China stop Facebook and Co from doing business with Chinese companies, that's the difference... Trump is a maniac, stop justifying this unnecessary ban... Ban the sales of Huawei phones and gadgets in US would be understandable. But banning the whole company from trading smh
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by falopey: 9:12am On Jun 04, 2019
Lordave:

Can You and about hundred persons you know make use of a Hauwei phone without, Facebook, Gmail, WhatsApp, Wikipedia, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter?

This ban means Hauwei devices won’t have access to those apps no matter the OS they develop. Until you understand this, you won’t understand that Hauwei devices are doomed globally.

Including Google Map and YouTube

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 04, 2019
Lordave:

This is not the interpretation of the ban bro...

Huawei phones can still run any Android app. Including Facebook.... Or will d us also ban Huawei users from visiting Facebook and Co via browser? Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Efewestern: 9:13am On Jun 04, 2019
Sanchez01:

If you say Huawei is 'still' doing fine with all these, then I'd say you are not telling the truth. From selling their submarine cable business to being ditched by Google, it's a cascade of nightmare right now.

You call it bullying, I say it is interest.

Leave those ones let them be deceiving themselves, Huawei won't survive this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by falopey: 9:15am On Jun 04, 2019
emmanuelike:

Huawei phones can still run any Android app. Including Facebook.... Or will d us also ban Huawei users from visiting Facebook and Co via browser? Lol
No American companies will do business with Huawei. No bringing any of their devices to the Us either. Trump gave them 90 days to round off with Huawei. Huawei having access to Facebook app is Facebook doing business with Huawei. They will no more be downloadable on their phones. Huawei will have no access to those apps. It will no more run on Android os either. You just don’t get it.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Ugosample(m): 9:18am On Jun 04, 2019
TSRC:
China should start attracting immigrants from all over the world.

Their Chinese tech looks like imitation.
To be original, you need diversity.

EXACTLY!

1 Like

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by xwolverine: 9:20am On Jun 04, 2019
Lordave:
From all the threads about this ban that I have been following you’re the only who have asked this question.
This your point has even eluded US and Google backers here when they’re matched in a debate with Chinese sympathisers.

You are indeed, a very intelligent man.

They always say Hauwei will survive, Hauwei will come back better than android. But they failed to understand that cutting ties with Google and other American companies also means, WhatsApp is American, likewise Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Wikipedia, Reddit, etc, so how is Hauwei gonna cope without access to those basic apps?

They could access those sites via the browser-based variants or mask the device ID on the native app.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:21am On Jun 04, 2019
Sanchez01:

If you say Huawei is 'still' doing fine with all these, then I'd say you are not telling the truth. From selling their submarine cable business to being ditched by Google, it's a cascade of nightmare right now.

You call it bullying, I say it is interest.
What i meant is that even without selling its smart phones in the US Huawei topped Apple to become No 2 Smartphone maker...
The ban on Huawei from selling its phones in the US is different from the ban on US companies not to do business with Huawei!!

2 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 9:24am On Jun 04, 2019
falopey:
No American companies will do business with Huawei. Trump gave them 90 days to round off with Huawei. Huawei having access to Facebook app is Facebook doing business with Huawei. They will no more be downloadable on their phones. Huawei will have no access to those apps. It will no more run on Android os either. You just don’t get it.

do you even know you can chat on Facebook messenger with a Nokia torch light phone, do those phones have OS and Google play store

2 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by falopey: 9:25am On Jun 04, 2019
ALCOHOLKILLS:

do you even know you can chat on Facebook messenger with a Nokia torch light, do those phones have OS and Google play store

Nokia touch uses java, one of the earliest os before Symbian os. No phone can operate without an os. It’s like asking a computer to work without windows or Apples

4 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Lordave: 9:26am On Jun 04, 2019
emmanuelike:

When the ban states that all US companies are banned from doing business with Hauwei what does it mean?

Is Facebook and WhatsApp no American companies?
You think America is stupid to ban Hauwei from using Google apps and still let them have access to the services Google apps renders through other company not US owned? Such a ban will wreck Google and the US ain’t stupid bro.

When Hauwei finally launch their OS, their devices won’t be compatible with US developed apps.

1 Like

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Lordave: 9:30am On Jun 04, 2019
xwolverine:

They could access those sites via the browser-based variants or mask the device ID on the native app.
Bro, shey you go buy phone wey no fit download apps wey you need come dey use browser dey access those sites?
How many people can do that?

About masking the device ID, Google will have a response to that.

It’s done for Hauwei devices in global market.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Lordave: 9:33am On Jun 04, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

What i meant is that even without selling its smart phones in the US Huawei topped Apple to become No 2 Smartphone maker...
The ban on Huawei from selling its phones in the US is different from the ban on US companies not to do business with Huawei!!
Hauwei banned from selling phones in America?

Where did you get that news from?

1 Like

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by tyup(m): 9:35am On Jun 04, 2019
Esseite:

How does my street and home contribute to this?

Just a glance through your profile, posts and comments and one can tell you have serious issues.. extremists.

Bro next time dont reply to Fools like Arosko you make them think they're important.....Reasonable people are talking about Smtin Intellectual that Puke is talking about Street.....Biko what's the correlation undecided some guys here are just annoying Asf

Simpletons everywhere angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by ifyboy60(m): 9:36am On Jun 04, 2019
Debramaye:
Apitode is a good alternative, but I bet they won't budge to Huaweis request, since it's a ban from the US markets completely, if they do they might be playing with fire, it's even better they teach users how to download apps offline

it's an open source platform and can ignore around US policies if it wants.
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by falopey: 9:36am On Jun 04, 2019
Lordave:
Hauwei banned from selling phones in America?

Where did you get that news from?

All forms of Huawei devices are banned in America. No phone outlets will sell Huawei. No companies will ship in their products. Do you understand what no American companies should do business with Huawei mean? Huawei phones is a threat to national security according to intelligence. China can use them to ease drop on Americans.
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by peeps4u: 9:38am On Jun 04, 2019
emmanuelike:

Did China stop Facebook and Co from doing business with Chinese companies, that's the difference... Trump is a maniac, stop justifying this unnecessary ban... Ban the sales of Huawei phones and gadgets in US would be understandable. But banning the whole company from trading smh

Can u explain the justification behind not allowing twitter and co in China?
Do you know how much earning prospects those companies will lose for not being allowed in China?
It is all about trade war, if China can ban twitter and the rest from their country, american can as well ban Huawei, Chinese company, from using android products which is from an american company.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Naijaepic: 9:41am On Jun 04, 2019
Esseite:
Huawei may find it difficult to win this war.... the tech coys have a lot of ties within themselves.

But do you know that more than 50 top tech companies in USA have Huawei as their biggest client, accounting for more than 40% of their order? If Huawei go done as you thinks, I think you can guess what will happen to those tech companies as well.

Within few months, if Huawei stop order those companies will become bankruptcy.

There is no-win situation for both sides

Check here
https://www.nairaland.com/5213878/huawei-truly-dead
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Lordave: 9:42am On Jun 04, 2019
falopey:

All forms of Huawei devices are banned in America. No phone outlets will sell Huawei. No companies will ship in their products. Do you understand what no American companies should do business with Huawei mean? Huawei phones is a threat to national security according to intelligence. China can use them to ease drop on Americans.
No bro, the man I quoted was saying that Hauwei were banned from selling phones in America before this ban we are debating.

And he is pointing that despite the ban from selling phones in the US that Hauwei topped Apple as the 2nd highest phone makers after Samsung.

So I’m asking him where he got the news that Hauwei phones were banned from been sold in the US before now.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by tyup(m): 9:46am On Jun 04, 2019
Billy0naire:
[s]I see the good in this US ban madness, and it is great to enable us to untie ourselves from Alphabet's Game plan.
The world needs a new OS that is not controlled by the CIA and Technologies with back-doors not controlled by private interest groups.

Trying to destroy Huawei so that US Tech companies can meet up the 5G race and install a system for mass control is a Strategy I can see through and it is not looking brave anymore for the US.

Instead of developing their techs, they are busy spending on wars and bullying their citizens.

China cannot be stopped. China has come of Age. It is a multi-polar world now.

Once Huawei provides that alternative, security conscious human beings will move to the alternative OS.

If Huawei can defeat US in the 5G evolution, then what is OS? Just a matter of time.[/s]

You still don't understand what the trade war is all about or Why Huawei was banned in US

Go and read for more understanding.... Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Lordave: 9:49am On Jun 04, 2019
Naijaepic:

But do you know that more than 50 top tech companies in USA have Huawei as their biggest client, accounting for more than 40% of their order? If Huawei go done as you thinks, I think you can guess what will happen to those tech companies as well.

Within few months, if Huawei stop order those companies will become bankruptcy.

There is no-win situation for both sides

Check here
https://www.nairaland.com/5213878/huawei-truly-dead
The US imports more than $400b worth of goods, services and raw materials from China, while on the other hand, China Imports about $150b from the US.

So who needs who most?

If both countries should find an alternative, who will be more affected?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by linqzs: 9:50am On Jun 04, 2019
jaxxy:
Besides 5g who is huawei? Samsung is way ahead of them in the fone market and they haven’t sort an alternative to google or play store despite having the in house apps.

Huawei should get over itself.

Lol... do you know the importance of Huawei's technology in COMMUNICATION? they offer more tech components than Samsung
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Hi87532: 9:52am On Jun 04, 2019
Jojn Now!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Study Shows Iphones Are 167 Times More Prone To Hacking Than Other Brands / Tecno Launches 18karat Gold Smartphone / Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.