Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement (20755 Views)

Microsoft Edge Browser Passes 1 Million Downloads On Google Play Store In 1 Week / Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store / What Is So Special? This Browser Costs 80,000 Naira On Google Play (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Ikpeazukerosene: 9:56am On Jun 04, 2019
falopey:

Including Google Map and YouTube

@ Lordave, means Taxify can't work on Huawei phones.

Instamessage too. embarassed

Huawei is ruined

2 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Damod88: 10:00am On Jun 04, 2019
American and Chinese economies are so closely interdependent that any further escalation of the trade war will surely damage both economies. Just as Huawei is feeling the heat so also are many American soybeans farmers suffering due to the Chinese import restriction.

Contrary to what many who are not all that knowledgeable on sino-American relations are saying on naira land, the American ban on the Chinese high tech company is all about 5G.The speed with which Huawei has gone in its 5G network has made American decision makers become nervous about the possibility of the Chinese company controlling the world in 5G.But this has also come at a huge cost for American companies because they will be loosing almost 20 billions dollars in revenues that the Chinese company pays its American partners.

Whatever that happens in the high tech war, I think China has established itself as the leader in 5G having filed the most 5G patents, accounting for almost a third of all 5G patents filed globally.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:00am On Jun 04, 2019
emmanuelike:

This is not the interpretation of the ban bro...

Huawei phones can still run any Android app. Including Facebook.... Or will d us also ban Huawei users from visiting Facebook and Co via browser? Lol

You're the one that doesn't understand the interpretation of the ban.

Through Trump executive order,, Huawei was added to the US department of Commerce's Entity List. Thereby blacklisting the company as far as US corporations are concerned.

In other words, no United States company can do business with Huawei. Facebook, YouTube amongst others are all US corporations.

Do you understand it better now??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by tyup(m): 10:06am On Jun 04, 2019
Alexrayz:

I believe if they can get Africa and thier own market add few Asia country to it who need America and Europe iPhone and blackberry have thought us been unique is not so a bad thing

Stop screaming Africa Africa......would you buy a phone that can't access Google play store, Google map, YouTube and Google itself.... can you

Huawei is loosing it big time and your so called Africa can do nothing to Help cause these phone specs are not cheap either

4 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by bravesoul247(m): 10:09am On Jun 04, 2019
But this Aptoide uses android na. The apps on there store would still be android na

1 Like

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Lawalemi(m): 10:25am On Jun 04, 2019
Ekeeyhandsome:
undecidedwhat are my going to do with my huawei p30 afterwards.. Lawd why me

Don't regret this situation because Huawei is one hardware that you can rely on. Their phones can stand the test of time, it's the products I have been using for about six years continuously.
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by tosinornottosin: 10:27am On Jun 04, 2019
Lordave:
Oga you still don’t understand the question!

Can You and about hundred persons you know make use of a Hauwei phone without, Facebook, Gmail, WhatsApp, Wikipedia, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter?

This ban means Hauwei devices won’t have access to those apps no matter the OS they develop. Until you understand this, you won’t understand that Hauwei devices are doomed globally.
they don't know what is going on

3 Likes

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Rilley(m): 11:04am On Jun 04, 2019
Debramaye:
Apitode is a good alternative, but I bet they won't budge to Huaweis request, since it's a ban from the US markets completely, if they do they might be playing with fire, it's even better they teach users how to download apps offline
Lol what do you know baby elephant cheesy
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by athaliya(f): 11:21am On Jun 04, 2019
rasaq91:
i believe that huawei will come out stronger

WhatsApp banned BlackBerry users and BlackBerry died a slow and painful death.

Here, Google, Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Android os etc are banning Huawei and you think it can survive? The known platforms are BlackBerry, Android, Windows, IOS and these are unfortunately all American.
Aptoide and all its apps are android. The implication is huge. Within 90days, the Huawei phones in your hands may not be able to browse on any social media anymore. They may not even load up anymore like a crashed device

If Huawei does cook up it's own OS, you may only browse weibo, wechat, baidu and alibaba.

Oops, they are also Android apps grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Ubdavis(m): 11:25am On Jun 04, 2019
rasaq91:
i believe that huawei will come out stronger

U are very free to believe in anything..
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by falopey: 11:28am On Jun 04, 2019
bravesoul247:
But this Aptoide uses android na. The apps on there store would still be android na
All the apps you see on App Store do not belong to android or google. Some belong to android especially some of the popular one while others belong to independent app developers selling their apps on that medium
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by athaliya(f): 11:29am On Jun 04, 2019
falopey:
All the apps you see on App Store do not belong to android or google. Some do while others belong to independent app developers selling their apps on that medium

But they are all android apps and Android is a Google product and Google is an American company.

You see the long chain?
It's like taxify and uber, they are private companies but they need Google maps to work and Google is American so you can't use them on Huawei phones
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by smadav(m): 11:40am On Jun 04, 2019
Biko I want to ask, which country owns tekno?
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Sunijacks(m): 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
Mehn , this is a big blow and it is interesting

We shall see the end of this.

#following
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by blaakinlagos(m): 12:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
[i][/i]
Ekeeyhandsome:
undecidedwhat are my going to do with my huawei p30 afterwards.. Lawd why me

I'LL TAKE IT BROTHER
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Premiumwriter: 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2019
Debramaye:
Apitode is a good alternative, but I bet they won't budge to Huaweis request, since it's a ban from the US markets completely, if they do they might be playing with fire, it's even better they teach users how to download apps offline
aptoide is open source. No one has control over it
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Premiumwriter: 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
Y
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by santafe(m): 1:07pm On Jun 04, 2019
DrChukzy:

Shut up, reply him and stop beating about the bush.

You can't force him to reply a fool if he does not want to.

He is right. The guy has issues.
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by santafe(m): 1:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
ultron12345:

China never banned those America companies. They only requested that all data they collect from Chinese citizens should be stored in China, but they refused, they insisted on storing it in the US and we all know it's so Washington can have access to it. Are Apple and other American companies not doing business I'm china?

This ban on huawei is simply an act of jealousy and hatred from the US. They're envious of the fact that china has left America in the dust in the 5G race, china is launching 5G before American companies can even comprehend what 5G is.
The spying accusations are lies, huawei and Europe have been asking for proof but America can't provide any.

America has just taught the world that dependency on American companies is dangerous as they can sanction at will. Everyone will gradually start moving business away from them. And I trust huawei to come out if this mess, stronger, bigger and better. In few years, they've beat top smartphone sellers, who knows, they could beat the top smartphone OS provider too..
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by santafe(m): 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
blowjohn:

Why u so pained?
What has street or domestic issues got to do with the huawei imbroglio?
The guy only stated his point based on what has been on ground which I think is the reality.
U better go meet ur local government chairman or representative to tar ur road or erect street lights in ur neighborhood.
Nansance!
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by santafe(m): 1:20pm On Jun 04, 2019
Huawei already has a contract to build 5G Network for Canada. The contract is being reviewed as we speak.
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by jaybee(f): 2:19pm On Jun 04, 2019
mrvitalis:

And its obvious china has won the war

That's true. China is way ahead of the rest of the world in 5g technology and deployment.
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by jaybee(f): 2:29pm On Jun 04, 2019
athaliya:

WhatsApp banned BlackBerry users and BlackBerry died a slow and painful death.

Here, Google, Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Android os etc are banning Huawei and you think it can survive? The known platforms are BlackBerry, Android, Windows, IOS and these are unfortunately all American.
Aptoide and all its apps are android. The implication is huge. Within 90days, the Huawei phones in your hands may not be able to browse on any social media anymore. They may not even load up anymore like a crashed device

If Huawei does cook up it's own OS, you may only browse weibo, wechat, baidu and alibaba.

Oops, they are also Android apps grin grin grin

Huawei is a technology company. It's more that just mobile phone and android services. And in terms of technology, it's a leader in its own rights and can't just be summarily dismissed with the wave of a hand. Huawei still have a lot to offer the world in new technologies. Currently America is lagging behind China in 5g technology.
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by athaliya(f): 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2019
jaybee:

Huawei is a technology company. It's more that just mobile phone and android services. And in terms of technology, it's a leader in its own rights and can't just be summarily dismissed with the wave of a hand. Huawei still have a lot to offer the world in new technologies. Currently America is lagging behind China in 5g technology.

Who will use their 5g? Nigeria? How many can afford it?
There is a reason MTN is a famous internet provider across Africa but hasn't been able to establish it's own mobile phone series.
Huawei started with mobile phones and I may not be wrong to say that mobile phone manufacturing and sales is it's tap root or main hustle.

No matter how big and deeply rooted a tree is, it can't withstand hot water being poured continuously on its roots. That's exactly what the USA is doing.
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by Cozbymaster97(m): 6:16pm On Jun 04, 2019
HUAWEI IS DOOMED THEN.. they will just go the blackberry way. usa sef .
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by bravesoul247(m): 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
falopey:
All the apps you see on App Store do not belong to android or google. Some belong to android especially some of the popular one while others belong to independent app developers selling their apps on that medium
I know. My point is that apps on playstore are all Android apps ba? Since Aptoide wants to partner with Huawei, I was expecting there apps won't be android.
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by tammie24: 8:06am On Jun 08, 2019
Olanipekun1:
including whatsapp
the fact is that some of these countries are first to strike but when US retaliate they'll be crying wolf looking for world sympathy
exactly

Why anyone would think China is right is something I can never understand

Just say you hate US
Re: Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement by tammie24: 8:09am On Jun 08, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

A typical Chinese man fights to the dead - Never give up.

make them dey fight na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Study Shows Iphones Are 167 Times More Prone To Hacking Than Other Brands / Tecno Launches 18karat Gold Smartphone / Nigerians React To Proposed Hike In Cost Of Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.