Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' (19759 Views)

Police Officers Attack BBC Journalist Covering IPOB Sit-at-home / Kaduna Train Attack: BBC Describes Terrorists As 'Gang' / Saudi King-Merkel Handshake: Northern Social Media Users Attack BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by valarmorghulis: 7:35am On Jun 05, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

You Afonja head slammers are so senseless.
Can't you see number 2 with Christian in his middle name, doesn't that tell you anything?

We have a few guys in our place that claim to be Muslims.
They are activitly registered to their various churches, paying their dues.

Those men are just scammers, scamming those Alhajis that will do anything to fey Igbo Muslims.

It's a format! grin

Matthew 26:39, it states that Jesus fell on his face and prayed cheesy

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Yyeske(m): 7:38am On Jun 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Owerri Igbo(pure Owerri dialect I mean) is almost like Abakiliki Igbo to most of us from the northern section.

I bet to disagree on this, I spent quiet years in owerri and I comfortably hear to whatever they speak. I don't base my reply on paper work but on years of interaction.

No right person will correlate owerri dialect to Abakiliki that u don't even hear him when they are speaking.

Owerri is clear and no one will find it hard to understand unlike the latter that is entirely another stock of language purely divergent from Igbo language.

and to that owerri his Igbo/Igbo language is his/her first language

I can barely understand the core Owerri dialect anyway but can understand the Owerri street Igbo.
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 05, 2019
LLobiorah:

I'll show correlation to that statement.

Owerri says, 'Tukwuru nga'
Anambra says, 'noro odu Ebe a'
Ebonyi says, 'Noro ne eke a'.

Tell me what's hard for you to understand here? Why are you just being bitter and raking up mischief unnecessarily. For your mind now, You wanna pit brothers against each others?

Anyway, I have always told you, it all ends on a faceless forum like NL.

noro odu ebe a ....hmmm maybe but to me is nodu ana ebe ahu.... anyway that's by the way.

I only corrected his submission because is totally wrong owerri has no tone or language similarities with Abakiliki....is a big fat lie.

Ebonyi state speak an indigenous language that is distinct or totally from Igbo (as well as speaking Igbo, but as a secondary language)...that's the point.

The tone of these languages is pure and clear while speaking compared to twisted nature of Abakiliki purely off tangent to others understanding.
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 05, 2019
LLobiorah:

Isichei, Elizabeth. 1976. A History of the Igbo People. London: Macmillan.
Onwutalobi, A. C, History of Otolo Nnewi
Oriji, Nwachimereze J. 1994. Traditions of Igbo Origin : A study of pre-colonial population movements in Africa. New York:
P. Lang.
Slattery, Katherine. 2010. The Igbo People - Origins & History. MA degree in Modern Literary Studies, Queens's Univ., Belfast.
Talbot, P.A. 1926. The Peoples of Southern Nigeria. Vol. 4. London: Oxford.
Uchendu, Victor C. 1965. The Igbo of Southeast Nigeria. New York: Holt.

Please read and help your life!

And I anticipate the links, books and sources of the Tiv similarities you have for so long claimed. Oh! Ye I recalled you mentioning they are of the fulani stock, yes the caliphate! Please do enlighten Me on that with books, and historical background. I await them Oga.

I love to read and do read but two question I asked is this and don't Dodge it

History made it clear, there are few or mosr towns known to people who have no connections with igbos in general....only few do why?

Most importantly there is also little historical appreciation of Ebonyi state towns to Igbo culture. We have read of various historical towns like Igboukwu or Nri, or modern towns like Owerri, Independence Layout, commercial towns like Onitsha, Aba, Nnewi, or administrative towns like Umuahia, Awka but no historical appreciation even in culture can be traced to ebonyi...
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by LLobiorah: 7:46am On Jun 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

noro odu ebe a ....hmmm maybe but to me is nodu ana ebe ahu.... anyway that's by the way.

I only corrected his submission because is totally wrong owerri has no tone or language similarities with Abakiliki....is a big fat lie.

Ebonyi state speak an indigenous language that is distinct or totally from Igbo (as well as speaking Igbo, but as a secondary language)...that's the point.

The tone of these languages is pure and clear while speaking compared to twisted nature of Abakiliki purely off tangent to others understanding.

Lolz
You are just arguing pointlessly, and good the thing yyseke brought up this correlation exercise. And I have proven to you the obvious similarities. Osagyefo my guy, actually everyone is entitled to his opinion, even though the numerous arguments you have put here have been floored, but your truancy wouldn't let you reason. Hold dear to your points, who cares anyway!

I have got better things to do this morning, shalom!

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 05, 2019
Yyeske:
I can barely understand the core Owerri dialect anyway but can understand the Owerri street Igbo.

barely and u dropped such submission. and even correlate to more harder ones...

Owerri is far more easy and understandable to abakiliki.
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 05, 2019
LLobiorah:

Lolz
You are just arguing pointlessly, and good the thing yyseke brought up this correlation exercise. And I have proven to you the obvious similarities. Osagyefo my guy, actually everyone is entitled to his opinion, even though the numerous arguments you have put here have been floored, but your truancy wouldn't let you reason. Hold dear to your points, who cares anyway!

I have got better things to do this morning, shalom!

and he has corrected himself to that bogus submission.
You have given any proven or valid answer to all facts thrown here.
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by kingzizzy: 8:04am On Jun 05, 2019
Yyeske:
Let the Igbo Muslims reject it then and not you rejecting it on their behalf even if they are just 10 all over Igboland.

Exactly, but BBC Igbo did not wish Eid to Igbo Muslims, they wished Eid to all Igbos and those who did not want the greeting rejected it.

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by NkayStory(f): 8:09am On Jun 05, 2019
kehinde1588:

I thought you guys initial argument was that there is nothing like Igbo Muslims, now you have changed mouth that Islam won't thrive on Igbo soil. It takes a drop of water to make an ocean, in the nearest future the percentage of the Igbo Muslims will surely increase and not decrease. I dnt need you to give me a million reasons as to why Islam won't stand in Igbo land as it obvious that you are bitter with the little ones that exist.

My point is this, you have equal right with the Igbo Muslims. Just the way the BBC will wish you happy celebration during your own festive period, is the same way they deserve to be wished happy celebration during their own festivals too

Yoruba moozlem quit blowing hot -air...That drop of water is what will not be allowed to turn into an ocean..

There is nothing positive about Islam but sorrow,tears and blood..lslam can onsumme the North and SW..but in the East?..No way!

The infinitesimal Igbo muslim which you guys had to use google to fish out will however be allowed to exist and can join odudwa or arewa republic when this country balkanizes.

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by NkayStory(f): 8:20am On Jun 05, 2019
kehinde1588:

Regina Daniel is how old pls? Or is Regina not an Igbo girl?.. You have no point on that.

And always learn to make enquiry before castigating other people's religion. Islam courages early marriage just to prevent formication. The truth is that the world is corrupt, everyone including myself has embraced the western culture of having b.f and g.f just for sexual gratification. Sex outside marriage in Islam is sin and I believe Christianity doesn't encourage sex outside marriage as well. However if such young girl doesn't want it, no one can force her as there is no compulsion in the religion of Islam.

Secondly, if Islam truly encourages killing of other people who do not practice Islam or go against Islamic teaching, then I think Yoruba race shouldnt exist anymore as we have both Christians and Muslims. Go and make ur research no definition of the word "terrorism" carries the term religion, its always as a result of politics and not religion. Those killing might be Muslims but they dnt practice the true religion of Islam.

Thirdly, you should have first make enquiries as to why Muslims fast and why it is mandatory on every Muslim to fast. The purpose of fasting in Islam is simple. Its just to appreciate what Allah has done for you cos there are many out there who dnt have access to 3 share meal In a day. Fasting will make you feel what they go through. In that sense, you will appreciate God and one will be willing to.help those that dnt have. As regard why its mandatory, fasting is among the 5 pillars of Islam . For one to be said to be a Muslim, he or she must fast during Ramadan unless the person is unfit.

See your reasons are not in any way valid. The way Islam is strong in Yoruba land is the same way Christianity is strong and it doesn't deter us from embracing our culture.

Regina Daniels is 18years and is of legal age to marry..it is not same age as a 9 or 10year old being forced to marry...know the difference!!

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Yyeske(m): 8:22am On Jun 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

You missed the point, I'm not in any way saying the core Owerri and Abakalili dialects sound alike, no, what I'm saying is that both can sound difficult to understand especially those not exposed to both dialects from the northern/Anambra area. You may have been exposed to the core Owerri dialect and might have no problem with it but may be difficult for those not exposed to it, same goes for the Abakalili dialect too.
Meanwhile, the Abakalili dialect isn't twisted or off tangent to others who are already already exposed to it so stop describing as such.
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by NkayStory(f): 8:23am On Jun 05, 2019
Csami:
https://www.nairaland.com/5226161/bbc-igbo-apologizes-insensitivity-it

Now those igbo haters and trash talkers can go and die!

Better.

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by DonJossydirich(m): 8:27am On Jun 05, 2019
Yyeske:
Nwatakili a, come to central mosque, main market Onitsha and meet Igbo Muslims next Friday.
Your grammar sucks too.
Yes I know..Elder,the next time you go to your central mosque,remember to count them and bring report to me..I still have some red oils to give out. You may be the lucky wiƱner!

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Yyeske(m): 8:28am On Jun 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

barely and u dropped such submission. and even correlate to more harder ones...

Owerri is far more easy and understandable to abakiliki.
Yes, to you but what about others not exposed to both or have been exposed to both dialects, say like an Abakalili man who had lived a greater part of his life in Owerri and vice versa,
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Yyeske(m): 8:30am On Jun 05, 2019
kingzizzy:

Exactly, but BBC Igbo did not wish Eid to Igbo Muslims, they wished Eid to all Igbos and those who did not want the greeting rejected it.
Then waka pass if you don't like their greetings, you weren't forced to the site and neither were you forced to read the greetings.
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by orisa37: 8:39am On Jun 05, 2019
Mayor of London is a Muslim. Where was Church of England when this happened? Is it brexit Christianity now?
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by superstar1(m): 9:12am On Jun 05, 2019
Osus are bigots, discriminatory and they lack every iota of tolerance.

When they are served a teaspoon of their own bile, they always turned around to shout Biafrau.d.

This is a classical example of their intolerance and they are the most migratory ethnic group in this nation. Yet they abuse everybody and anybody.
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by haaryobhami: 9:53am On Jun 05, 2019
NkayStory:

Myndd44,... Lalasticlala,Dominique e.t.c.

Rule 2 broken
tribalistic bigot cryiin when dy get paid in there own coin
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by dominique(f): 10:04am On Jun 05, 2019
I honestly don't understand what this hullabaloo is all about.

It's their (BBC) page, they have every right to extend any festival greetings if they so wish. If it upsets you so much, exit the page or scroll past the post. Shouldn't be so hard.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by konoplyanka: 10:25am On Jun 05, 2019
NkayStory:

Regina Daniels is 18years and is of legal age to marry..it is not same age as a 9 or 10year old being forced to marry...know the difference!!

Can you swear on your life that 9, 10 years old kids don't have sex in ibo land?
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by meccuno: 10:54am On Jun 05, 2019
konoplyanka:

Can you swear on your life that 9, 10 years old kids don't have sex in ibo land?
i seriously doubt that. or are you the one having sex with them? moreover i thought the argument was on child marriage.

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by PrinceGeorge1(m): 11:32am On Jun 05, 2019
Ardar:

Since I was born and now I am getting old, I have never seen an Igbo Muslim and yet you claim there are millions and billions of them, why are you lying?

Ned nwoko is a Muslim
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 05, 2019
PrinceGeorge1:

Ned nwoko is a Muslim
thought u skull miners claim there is no igbo in niger delta

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by konoplyanka: 12:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
meccuno:
i seriously doubt that. or are you the one having sex with them? moreover i thought the argument was on child marriage.

In the east, children as young as 8, 9, 10 are already having sex, while they are married in the north. What's the difference? I think marrying them is even better.
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by meccuno: 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2019
konoplyanka:

In the east, children as young as 8, 9, 10 are already having sex, while they are married in the north. What's the difference? I think marrying them is even better.
please where did you get statistics from? Bringing out things from your anus? Because it's done in the north doesn't mean it's done in the east .going with your warp logic,having sex does not even justify marrying off 9 year olds who still have a future ahead into something as sacred as marriage.the woman needs to consent before marriage.she is not a commodity nor a slave that is sold to please. Man. Please say what you know .

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Joystark(f): 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2019
Fuuny how Religion and Tribalism are so freaking intertwined in this bleeped Country.
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by nwanyionitsha: 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2019
oilPUSSY:

BBC and their crew are something else.
Imagine going to Saudi or Islamic channel or page to say Happy Christmas knowing fully well that your followers are Muslims.. What would be their reactions ?
Some few Igbos that have Muslim friends can facilitate with them on individual basis, but posting on that page will attract backlash while some will leave the page out of anger..

BBC should respect and acknowledge the fact that Igbos are predominantly christians and stop this unnecessary provocation.

Modified.. BBC has apologized.

https://www.nairaland.com/5226161/bbc-igbo-apologizes-insensitivity-it#79024499
If you read that post, was there any apology there.
Abeg, you guys should stop this wrong reportage.
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by nwanyionitsha: 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2019
simonlee:
So you guys cannot felicitate with us...but all of una wan chop salah ram?
I didn't chop the meat o. I ate the cake sha.
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by nwanyionitsha: 3:32pm On Jun 05, 2019
fuckerstard:
But i have couple of igbo friends that are muslims, you igbo christians need to take a chill pill.

Liar,liar,pants on fire.
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by nwanyionitsha: 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
Balyz:
There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of Igbo Muslims just as there are confirmed millions of Hausa/Fulani Christians. No Muslim Hausa will take offense if the BBC were to wish the Christians amongst them a merry Christmas.The BBC was merely wishing the Igbo Muslims a happy Ed fitir but the bigots amongst you never failed to disappoint
Where do they live ? I mean the millions of igbo muslims.
I dont agree with the reaction anyways.
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by nwanyionitsha: 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2019
Bede2u:
i can name

Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa
Shehu sani
Binta Masi Garba
Archbishop Peter Yariyok Jatau
Bishop Joseph Danlami Bagobiri
Rev. Fr. Clement Ozi Bello,
Rev. Aniya Bobai of the Evangelical Church of West Africa (ECWA);
Rev. Bako Kabuk,
Pastor Paul Chikira,
David Maigari
Adamu Seko,
Rev. Fr. Peter Dama,
Apostle suleiman

Now tell me 10 igbo muslims....not 10 enugu muslims
Mumu boy
Really ? Is Shehu Sani a Christian ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Haidi Sirika Sure Of Re-Opening Of Enugu Airport Before Easter / Bandits Tsauwa In Katsina, Kill 19, Set Houses Ablaze / NNPC Delegates Meet Anambra State Government Over Natural Gas In The State (pics

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61