Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari (14919 Views)

Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina / It Baffles Me Why Southerners Will Choose Atiku Over Tinubu / 2019 Election: Nobody Will Unseat Me, Buhari Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by Islie: 7:14am On Jun 05, 2019
Abuja – President Muhammadu Buhari, on Tuesday, reflected on the recent general elections in which he secured a second term and said it still baffles him where he got the stamina to tour the country on campaigns.

The president also admonished those who called themselves leaders at various levels against putting up straight faces, especially in this period of economic travails, noting that such posture could pass a wrong message to those governed.

He used his re-election campaigns to buttress his point, saying the crowd that thronged his campaign grounds in each state he visited still intrigued him.

According to Buhari, he couldn’t have engaged in vote buying if he were to muster the financial strength to mobilise those crowd to vote in his favour.

Buhari spoke at the State House, Abuja, while playing host to some residents and political leaders of the Federal Capital Territory, led by the Permanent Secretary, Ohaa Christian, who came to pay him Sallah homage on the occasion of the Eid-El-Fitr festivities.

Also speaking on his experience in the recent polls, Buhari seized the opportunity to mock Senator Phillip Aduda of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, who sat by his right hand side.

He said irrespective of the fact that FCT residents may not have voted massively for him, he owed it a mandate to secure the FCT as that would be ensuring protection for himself and the vice president.

He said: “I want to appreciate the number two man (Osinbajo) of the country because he knows what we are going through very quietly. I am very pleased that you came with this very powerful constituency.

“I want to appeal to you to remain exemplary so that those under you will know that the country is doing very well.

“If you break down and complain, the impact will reverberate all over and then government will not be popular, and whatever efforts we are making will not be appreciated.

“I have just spoken to the senator on my left (Phillip Aduda) and I told him that his constituency did not vote for me. So I was very pleased that when they made the arrangement they put him very far away from me.

“I have all the results of all constituencies. I am not threatening FCT because to make FCT secure is to make myself secure and the vice president. I think they are necessary evil that was why they decided to vote for PDP.

“During my long journey to this place, 2003, 2007, 2011, those were interesting political developments that enabled me visit all the local government areas in this country, all 774 local government areas. First port of call whenever I visited any local government area was to visit the community leader for understanding and support.

“I am very pleased that Nigerians understand me that although I was a governor, minister of petroleum and one time head of state, people know I don’t have a lot of money to give.

“So, when I went round, I smiled and greeted them and I think it has helped. Because by the time I went to campaign for my second and last term constitutionally, I visited all the states this time around, some two states in a day, I thank God for giving me the stamina to do it.

“What impressed me most was the turnout in all the states and FCT. The number of those who turned out was more than what anyone can afford to pay or force to come and listen. So I am very pleased that a lot of Nigerians have voted me, sympathised with me for what I went through between 2003 and 2019.

“I went to court up to Supreme Court, and in 2011, I went to court for eight months. And in the last one, God answered our prayers and gave us victory, and brought in technology through the permanent voter cards. And INEC said whoever was aggrieved should go to court.

“You all know as much as I know that most of my supporters are looking for the next day’s meal, we don’t have money to give. In 2011, I said God dey, in 2015 God brought technology, PVC, and that is how we won.

https://www.independent.ng/how-i-got-stamina-for-re-election-campaign-still-baffles-me-buhari/

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by Tocynone(m): 7:15am On Jun 05, 2019
Now I know why he carried a bag

13 Likes

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by shollyshine(m): 7:15am On Jun 05, 2019
F.T.C
Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by helinues: 7:16am On Jun 05, 2019
Me self wonder oo

Hope the stamina would remain till you finishes your term

22 Likes

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by moriss33(m): 7:16am On Jun 05, 2019
When u saw your loot after just 4yrs, you became rejuvenated to try for 2nd term..... Nonsense and vegetables

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by aolawale025: 7:16am On Jun 05, 2019
You didn't need to run in the first place. Retire and rest

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by muykem: 7:19am On Jun 05, 2019
Na God dey with you. Reciprocate it by doing your best for the country.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by hisgrace090: 7:23am On Jun 05, 2019
I see the hand of God Almighty at play in your life.

Mokery of your hatters is bringing Gods mercy your side Mr president, this is how God work.

Bring one down and He will lift him up.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by Realtord43: 7:24am On Jun 05, 2019
I guess the stamina came from the fear of been expose to the looting and atrocities in your first term in office

8 Likes

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by zeusdgrt(m): 7:28am On Jun 05, 2019
Mumu,wetin make u go dey sleep for London hospital?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by mybestlove(m): 7:29am On Jun 05, 2019
Don't blame me for apologizing to this government.

I'm sincerely sorry for the hate speeches I've made in this forum against the government in place, the unity of Nigeria and the political structure.

I have come to understand that every government is constituted by Jehovah God for a reason.

Nigerians, north, South East and West let's love one another and understand that we have no other country but Nigeria.

ONE LOVE

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by 9jayes: 7:29am On Jun 05, 2019
Shame! Now u know u ar nt fit to govern Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by namiji2598: 7:29am On Jun 05, 2019
I pray u die soon

6 Likes

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by emmykk(m): 7:29am On Jun 05, 2019
R
Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by yoyouyou(f): 7:29am On Jun 05, 2019
Me too.
Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by iammo(m): 7:30am On Jun 05, 2019
Sane people love Buhari

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by namiji2598: 7:30am On Jun 05, 2019
shollyshine:
F.T.C
look up

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by yinkus6750(m): 7:31am On Jun 05, 2019
And most baffling was how you won the election.
Let's get baffled with greater performance in the next level second term.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by technuel: 7:31am On Jun 05, 2019
This man should focus on his administration and put Nigeria back to how he met it since he has nothing to offer.
Oh very soon you will be telling a moonlight tale in Daura because the Original occupant of that Aso Rock is coming to send you packing

1 Like

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by flowmama: 7:31am On Jun 05, 2019
Yet, he kept falling down during campaign...

Yeye man

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by Mynightmare: 7:32am On Jun 05, 2019
Abacha did not steal grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by nairalandankrah: 7:33am On Jun 05, 2019
You are baffled because you are not buhari

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by fredoooooo: 7:33am On Jun 05, 2019
Baba anybody wey say make you die, go first you go heaven
More strength Sir ... Good morning and Sai Baba Buhari .

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by Germandude: 7:35am On Jun 05, 2019
In saner climes buhari would be in a care home for elderly people

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by evansjeff(m): 7:36am On Jun 05, 2019
namiji2598:
I pray u die soon

This is not good. Hate or love anyone, never wish anyone dead. Some who wished him dead have long died even before him. You may even die before him.

10 Likes

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by kaen1317: 7:36am On Jun 05, 2019
Which stamina when your battery is always recharging in london.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by Kog45(m): 7:36am On Jun 05, 2019
Na stamina we dey talk abi make baba let us feel his government.

Another 4years is loading with talks instead of action.

Walahi hunger dey hammer naijas o.
Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by kaen1317: 7:37am On Jun 05, 2019
Confessions of an unfit tired old man.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by namiji2598: 7:37am On Jun 05, 2019
evansjeff:

This is not good. Hate or love anyone, never wish anyone dead. Some who wished him dead have long died even before him. You may even die before him.
buhari wishes us death as well by letting Boko Haram operates n kill us

6 Likes

Re: How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari by dangotesmummy: 7:38am On Jun 05, 2019
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: We May Reach Consensus Soon — Osinbajo Tells Osun Delegates / Senate Confirms Yemi Cardoso As CBN Governor / Ribadu - Farida Waziri Is A Cheap Liar Who Seeks Undue Relevance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.