Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him (36949 Views)

Naija Fm OAP Kofi Bartels Engages Fiancee [photo] / Afia Schwarzenegger Flaunts Kofi Akotuah Addo, Her New Boyfriend / Nigeria Info Port Harcourt OAP Kofi Bartels Loses Mum, Shared Touching Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by mrkings84(m): 1:11pm On Jun 05, 2019
Nnamdi Kanu should intensify his Biafra effort. Am just tired of this shithole called Nigeria! Bush country!
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by justmi1: 1:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
I don't understand this SARS thing again, is like their head no correct o. Is it that they go about just beating and killing people ni.
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by Easykel21(m): 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2019
I remember my own men, its been 3 weeks and dat left eye still dey twitch

God punish SARS
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by Nonstopvibez: 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2019
Trail one of them to his residence. And waste everyone at sight. Bastards
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by Tonyspecial(m): 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
Daniel Brade And Eno
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by Sunsets: 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2019
All the same, it is unacceptable and barbaric.
otokx:

When I saw the pictures, I laughed, SARS cannot beat you and you will be wearing boxers after. With all your body swollen, battered and bleeding it is wrapper they will use to just cover your blokkos let air be touching the remaining part of your body.

You will not be able to lift your hands to eat not to talk of pressing phone.

Anyway doh

1 Like

Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by tamra(f): 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2019
The story seems to be more exaggerated than the pictures

1 Like

Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by YoungG12(m): 2:35pm On Jun 05, 2019
shocked nigeria sars and madness act are like 5&6 shocked
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by Sunsets: 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2019
He is really popular in PH. It seems they gave him a popular beating; otherwise, he seems better than he described. A typical beating will leave him hiring a mouthpiece and a phone stand.
SARS belongs to the cave; yes, Nigeria is a cave.
kidap:
A popular On-Air Personality in Port Harcourt, Rivers State has been assaulted and manhandled by the men of the Special Anti-Robery Squad, SARS.

The OAP, Kofi Bartels who work for Nigeria Info FM, a popular Talk, News and Sport radio station in Port Harcourt said he was molested and beaten to stupor on Tuesday by men of the SARS while trying to be the voice of the common man – a boy whose mother fries Akara (Beans cake) in the city.

Narrating his ordeal at the hands of the SARS men on his verified Twitter handle, @Kofi_Bartels on Wednesday morning, Kofi said, “Yesterday, I was driving in my area and saw SARS officers beating up a boy who lives in the area. His mum fries Akara for a living and I knew immediately that they wouldn’t be able to ‘settle’ the officers.

“He kept shouting ‘what have I done”, while they tried to force him into their bus. They were beating the hell out of him and don’t know if he would have survived. I made to go plead with them but at a point hesitated and chose to take a shot of the bus and numberplate”.

The Radio presenter said the SARS men broke his knees after massive beatings, adding that his life was threatened as they threw him into the cells overnight.

“I was given the beating of my life right on the road. They started by smashing my knees repeatedly with wooden bars. As I type this, my left knee is swollen and my right knee seriously bruised. I have pains on my head, neck and back.

SARS beats up popular OAP in Port Harcourt, threaten to kill him 1

“I was handcuffed like a common criminal and shots were fired to disperse a small crowd that had gathered. After a second round of beating, I was taken to SARS HQ in Port Harcourt where I was beaten more mercilessly by the SARS officers who took me there. About three others also joined in. They are took turns to slap, punch, kick me all over my body in a detention room, while I was struggling with a swollen knee. At least 6 officers, one at a time. One swore he would have ‘wasted’ me if his team were the one who picked me up. I was told to get ready to be thrown into their cell where I would receive the worst torture, including sexual abuse by male inmates.

“A couple of them told me to watch my back, saying this is my end in Rivers State, due to the human rights issues we treat on radio involving SARS and the police generally.

“My phones were seized and I had no way of communicating with anyone. I was saved at the last minute when word got to their former boss and they were ordered to release me unconditionally. The pains were unbearable last night and I’ll have to go for a skull and knee Xray today”.

Kofi further said he’s never committed any crime, but had only used his office to speak for the less privileged – and the SARS took that as a crime instead.

“Several times, I’ve had to use my media platform to shout on behalf of the voiceless in our society who have had their rights trampled upon by people meant to protect them. I got my own first hand experience yesterday. Some of the officers made me know how they felt about that…literally.

“So my crimes are;
1. Attempting to record the beating of that boy.
2. Taking up SARS and police issues on radio.”

He further called on the National authorities, international authorities including the Ghanaian Government and media to wade into the matter as he fears for his life.

“I’m taking their threats to my life seriously and putting authorities on notice. But please be aware, if anything happens to me or my family, you know who to suspect”, Kofi said.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/06/05/sars-beats-up-popular-oap-in-port-harcourt-threaten-to-kill-him/
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by Sunsets: 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
Ye ye ye ye ....They say two wrongs don't make a right...
Nonstopvibez:
Trail one of them to his residence. And waste everyone at sight. Bastards
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by obembet(f): 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2019
@Kofi Bartels, I know that u are on Nairaland here... I really appreciate your courage to help the innocent boy. What if u are happen to odinary citizen. Na suicide be that oo and there is nothing can be done about it.
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by shigishege: 2:51pm On Jun 05, 2019
kidap:
A popular On-Air Personality in Port Harcourt, Rivers State has been assaulted and manhandled by the men of the Special Anti-Robery Squad, SARS.

The OAP, Kofi Bartels who work for Nigeria Info FM, a popular Talk, News and Sport radio station in Port Harcourt said he was molested and beaten to stupor on Tuesday by men of the SARS while trying to be the voice of the common man – a boy whose mother fries Akara (Beans cake) in the city.

Narrating his ordeal at the hands of the SARS men on his verified Twitter handle, @Kofi_Bartels on Wednesday morning, Kofi said, “Yesterday, I was driving in my area and saw SARS officers beating up a boy who lives in the area. His mum fries Akara for a living and I knew immediately that they wouldn’t be able to ‘settle’ the officers.

“He kept shouting ‘what have I done”, while they tried to force him into their bus. They were beating the hell out of him and don’t know if he would have survived. I made to go plead with them but at a point hesitated and chose to take a shot of the bus and numberplate”.

The Radio presenter said the SARS men broke his knees after massive beatings, adding that his life was threatened as they threw him into the cells overnight.

“I was given the beating of my life right on the road. They started by smashing my knees repeatedly with wooden bars. As I type this, my left knee is swollen and my right knee seriously bruised. I have pains on my head, neck and back.

“I was handcuffed like a common criminal and shots were fired to disperse a small crowd that had gathered. After a second round of beating, I was taken to SARS HQ in Port Harcourt where I was beaten more mercilessly by the SARS officers who took me there. About three others also joined in. They are took turns to slap, punch, kick me all over my body in a detention room, while I was struggling with a swollen knee. At least 6 officers, one at a time. One swore he would have ‘wasted’ me if his team were the one who picked me up. I was told to get ready to be thrown into their cell where I would receive the worst torture, including sexual abuse by male inmates.

“A couple of them told me to watch my back, saying this is my end in Rivers State, due to the human rights issues we treat on radio involving SARS and the police generally.

“My phones were seized and I had no way of communicating with anyone. I was saved at the last minute when word got to their former boss and they were ordered to release me unconditionally. The pains were unbearable last night and I’ll have to go for a skull and knee Xray today”.

Kofi further said he’s never committed any crime, but had only used his office to speak for the less privileged – and the SARS took that as a crime instead.

“Several times, I’ve had to use my media platform to shout on behalf of the voiceless in our society who have had their rights trampled upon by people meant to protect them. I got my own first hand experience yesterday. Some of the officers made me know how they felt about that…literally.

“So my crimes are;

He further called on the National authorities, international authorities including the Ghanaian Government and media to wade into the matter as he fears for his life.

“I’m taking their threats to my life seriously and putting authorities on notice. But please be aware, if anything happens to me or my family, you know who to suspect”, Kofi said.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/06/05/sars-beats-up-popular-oap-in-port-harcourt-threaten-to-kill-him/
so who are u asking us to suspect?? u mean SARS authority?? or who among them? no name?? o boy u better go and be carefull and thank ur stars u come out safely. look let me say something here. u guys should stay out of anything that can put u in trouble of in d front line in anything dat has to do with Nigeria issues. its only d foolish who will waste his life on isdue dat does not concern him. i av always said it dont interfere in anything dat has to do with uniformed men especially SARS issue or else one will just waste his life for nothing.
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by shigishege: 3:01pm On Jun 05, 2019
Sunsets:
He is really popular in PH. It seems they gave him a popular beating; otherwise, he seems better than he described. A typical beating will leave him hiring a mouthpiece and a phone stand.
SARS belongs to the cave; yes, Nigeria is a cave.
let me tell u dont interfere in thier issue another time. leave them alone. pls bros dont go near them. forget people saying they appreciate ur courage. leave courage out of it none of them will do what u are doing. nobody is ready to put his or life at stake in nigeria including me. bro no go near them again oo or else u will just waste ur dear life. u are useful than them. death is nothing but if one will av to die he will better wait for his time. u av ur own family who need u. i av my own family too who need me. im angry wit u. dont do it again. d boy u said they were dragging do u know what he has done wrong. there are a lot of people around there whom sars did not touch. his mother fry akara or not is not d issue. trying to snap thier atrocity and u are caught in d act is something even an illiterate knows will bring problem to him or her. suppose something worse happen to ur leg now who will u hold responsible.
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by shigishege: 3:05pm On Jun 05, 2019
kidap:

“So my crimes are;

let me tell u dont interfere in thier issue another time. leave them alone. pls bros dont go near them. forget people saying they appreciate ur courage. leave courage out of it none of them will do what u are doing. nobody is ready to put his or life at stake in nigeria including me. bro no go near them again oo or else u will just waste ur dear life. u are useful than them. death is nothing but if one will av to die he will better wait for his time. u av ur own family who need u. i av my own family too who need me. im angry wit u. dont do it again. d boy u said they were dragging do u know what he has done wrong. there are a lot of people around there whom sars did not touch. his mother fry akara or not is not d issue. trying to snap thier atrocity and u are caught in d act is something even an illiterate knows will bring problem to him or her. suppose something worse happen to ur leg now who will u hold responsible. u better go and keep ur life save for ur family. dis is a lawless place for u to ask for any rights.
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by Riteric(f): 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
They are not even afraid that he is a media personnel instead they threaten to waste his life. Kofi has always been a nice person. Thank God he's alive.

These SARS guys will just be showing themselves anyhow. Assaulting innocent citizens. It's well.
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by Elfather12: 3:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
Kofi my guy, so sorry don’t worry war da come
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by balonaija(f): 3:42pm On Jun 05, 2019
well that is strange
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by Gkemz: 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2019
Chai...!! why would they beat my favorite OAP. Why didn't they beat Dayo. Btw, does SARS still exist after placing barn on it?
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by seunjungle1(m): 4:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
You just talked rubbish here

zeusdgrt:
Well.... actually.....if u look at the story....it is emphatically correct to invariably connote the circumstances that availed the anticedented prenoqua dorha of such nefledonic scenerio....but quoferious decordance will take it's course in the matter. grin
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by zeusdgrt(m): 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2019
seunjungle1:
You just talked rubbish here

And u read it
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by sapientia(m): 4:08pm On Jun 05, 2019
Sorry bro.

Its just that Nigerians including me are okay with the way SARS is treating us.
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by BruncleZuma: 4:50pm On Jun 05, 2019

1 Like

Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2019
BruncleZuma:

[img]https://i./g2hK.gif[/img]
SirHenny, wetin I do?
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by BruncleZuma: 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2019
OkaNaUbe:

SirHenny, wetin I do?

Wrong dude for the umpteenth time bro...
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by goodnewsbabe: 5:33pm On Jun 05, 2019
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by tyup(m): 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2019
dirtydiva:
I have not in the past encountered this operatives called SARS until a day b4 yesterday when they came to the community where I m doing my service in Imo State, the way they drove into that community evening market place by 1pm made me run as if I saw ghost. I fear ooo...

Walai those guys dont seem police to me o

Lol but why u run na

Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by tyup(m): 7:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
dodobytes:

I was crying while reading the post, thinking I will see bloodied face and broken bones from the way Oga narrated the story.

Not in any way supporting police brutality, but hmmmmmmmmm.... No comment!

You were even hoping to see broken bones

Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by Nobody: 5:24am On Jun 06, 2019
tyup:

Walai those guys dont seem police to me o

Lol but why u run na
Those men don't seem like operatives that will arrest the main culprit rather they will go for random picking of people, I no get strength to shout officer I no follow because that one get im own price. Better make I run for my dear life.
Re: SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him by Rolly22(m): 9:09am On Jun 06, 2019
zeusdgrt:

Back to sender.i casteriouslly demondua all ur evilious promtinue back to you. grin

Lwkmd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Between Mr Macaroni And A Twitter User Over Reopening Of Lekki Toll Gate / Auracool: Yemi Alade’s Ex Friend Reveals She Cut Him Off After Becoming Big / Funke Adesiyan Fires Back, Says Tonto Dikeh Is A Depressed Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.