Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences (20644 Views)

Rivers Govt Begins Demolition Of AIT, Daar Comms Office In Port Harcourt / 'Information Blackout' Against Media Bills: Newspapers, NUJ, NGE, NPAN Protest / Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by mistyebby(f): 6:19am On Jun 07, 2019
Bizlifelines201:

I honestly just don't get It, are these letters of caution not issued to DAAR? Is it not true that the NBC followed up with a meeting to draw the attention of the management of DAAR to the infractions? Should NBC just sit down as lameduck and not move against DAAR in the face of DAAR's alleged sustained intransigence and irresponsible professional conduct ?
Where were these BON and NGE in the face of the caution prior to the suspension? How come their own media houses don't do the nonsense DAAR is being alleged of and how does closing down of an irresponsible media organisation amount to gagging of the media?
If the DAAR management have not been encouraging their members of staff to behave recklessly, the
DAAR should be bold enough to fire their personnel messing up their relationship with the regulator.
I think NBC should go beyond sanctioning the corporate organisation and prosecute those members of staff of DAAR and/or report these individuals each to their professional group for investigation and discipline. I still don't know where a board led by High Chief Dokpesi who is on corruption trial for embezzling funds budgeted for prosecution of war against book harem, derived it's moral authority to be referred as member of the fourth estate of realm. I really commend NBC, they're more matured and gave enough ropes to DAAR unlike the case of SEC against OandO that didn't even release the report of infractions to OandO to defend itself before wielding the stick.
I urge the NBC not to be intimidated, they must fine DAAR, insist on a new editorial board for AIT and Raypower and ensure that it gets professional sanctions against the individual recalcitrant journalists posting hate speech etc to ensure that the innocent ones are not punished.
We can't afford to allow a few irresponsible unpatriotic citizens throw us into another needless war or another Rwanda tragedy. The task of nation building is serious business.
NBC should remain resolute like NCC did with MTN.

Oh shut up! Your likes were the ones saying all types of provocative speeches during the past administration.

Even if they planned a coup on live TV, THIS IS DEMOCRACY!!!!!This is 2019!!! Dont take us back to 36 years ago!!!

3 Likes

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:21am On Jun 07, 2019
martineverest:
I stopped watching that show when I noticed that lady scouts hatred..kaakaki show is centered on hatred

AIT, RAY POWER ARE PMB HATERS

1 Like

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by ORIENTATION101: 6:22am On Jun 07, 2019
awoluyi:
NBC, why now? Please give back DAAR it's operating licence . This is the year I am expecting dividend for the shares I bought in the company in 2005.
so because u bought shares nigeria should burn through the inciteful coverage from ait. You Nigerians re worst set of human being .if govt make any decision some people will always give it ethno-religious sentiments, is this how China built their economy. Many of you that called politicians looters re only pained that you re not part of the looting cartel

1 Like

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by Lovelyn451(f): 6:23am On Jun 07, 2019
okay..the editors have spoken...NTA is now useless because of this same partisan reporting they're accusing AIT of, but they won't see it cos its owned by d govt. I'm sure if the useless NBC has power over internet they'd have shut it too

2 Likes

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by martineverest(m): 6:26am On Jun 07, 2019
ALMUSTAQIM:

AIT, RAY POWER ARE PMB HATERS
I know ..but there's abwaybu can do it professionally like CNN...
Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by 27Pushing30: 6:26am On Jun 07, 2019
Nigerians lack common sense ! Freedom of the press ain’t freedom to cause chaos !

Even in data usage there’s a caveat “fair usage” lol

1 Like

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by excel101(m): 6:28am On Jun 07, 2019
This is clearly the voice of NBC and the hand of PMB

3 Likes

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by QuotaSystem: 6:29am On Jun 07, 2019
wingmanII:

So why was the idiotic president not forced to resign for making such a hate speech? See una dumb hypocrisy. Yeye!

Because he's the majority elected President olodo...so una brain no really fit reason that?

The minority have their say while the majority have their way. Democracy not hypocrisy
cool

3 Likes

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by martineverest(m): 6:29am On Jun 07, 2019
Dino98:

CNN is always against Trump but nothing happened to them but see our own. What has APC not tried??
u aren't current at all. ..when CNN was about to be acquired last year, what happened?

CNN license bhavent been revoked cos they are still professional and follows ethics of broadcasting in USA unlike AIT

2 Likes

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by Alajiki(m): 6:30am On Jun 07, 2019
aolawale025:

Not all manner of infraction should lead to closure. Something's not right
a

Yeah, you're correct. But this infraction has been met with the appropriate measure. AIT is an irresponsible media house. When have you seen Channels or TVC do that nonsense.

By the way I was once a journalist with the most read newsmagazine in the country.
Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by mrbock: 6:39am On Jun 07, 2019
MrMou:

Oga, this isn't about Buhari! There's nothing CNN will do to trump that'll be worse than the distasteful lies called documentary by AIT on Buhari just before 2015 elections, & Buhari didn't do anything to them after elections. You suppose don know by now say Buhari no send you; he'll have done whatever he wants to do to them then & nothing will happen. Una go just wail ni!

Has CNN ever said something close to "Nigeria is cursed; I declare an independent state of Niger Delta" or "Nigeria irritates me" LIVE ON AIR? You think CNN is as lawless as your darling AIT?

You haven't watched CNN in a long time

People that called trump a Russian agent
orange man, dumb, stupid, racist etc

just to name a few

Don't compare AIT and CNN abeg. They are far worse.

2 Likes

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by wingmanII: 6:40am On Jun 07, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Because he's the majority elected President olodo...so una brain no really fit reason that?

The minority have their say while the majority have their way. Democracy not hypocrisy
cool

So you agree the revocation was political nothing more.
See a stupid Buffon calling somebody olodo.

1 Like

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by mrbock: 6:41am On Jun 07, 2019
biolite:
Why are people comparing Trump and CNN News with that of AIT and NBC. CNN report objectivetivity in their reportage while AIT are reporting unbalanced information and this cast alot of aspersions on the Buhari Govt. this warrant breach of some broadcast code ethics and they were summoned with a caution letter earlier.In my opinion let AIT reports be professional and not partisan.Nobody will witch hunt them.Let them put their house in order.

CNN objective.

You must be kidding me.

CNN is the DNC equivalent of Fox News

they are highly partisan

1 Like

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by SarkinYarki: 6:41am On Jun 07, 2019
gnykelly:
This can never be classified as witch hunting... DAAR communication has been forewarned of her activities which are contrary to the media law.. You can't be using social media hate post as a reference on national TV... It can escalate tension.

We can't sacrifice our frigile peace because you have freedom to talk any how...

Social media nonsense should stop there o. Social media

which fragile peace ? who has destroyed Nigerias peace more than the current govt

1 Like

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by Sylstar: 6:45am On Jun 07, 2019
[sub][/sub]
Ultimatezlant:
OK,

AIT has been quite partisan in its affairs with an extra effort to promote biased analysis.

People are quick to say trump doesn't disturb CNN that critise him forgetting that Trump himself walked out a CNN reporter out of a news conference for asking questions.

CNN was banned from covering white house until it was revoked by authorities, same Trump so critized CNN in any event that a member of the white supremasist group that killed Jews in Pittsburgh had pro trump and anti CNN images in his bus.

The difference in USA is that press is almost another arm of government which the president has little control of stopping

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by SOFTENGR: 6:45am On Jun 07, 2019
Buhari government frustrating every jobs. We are on a lonnnnnnnng thing. 4 yrs gonna be like 4 decades.
Very soon, Zombies will start to protest, but then it will be too late for them.
Me I don enter malay. Enjoy the next level guys.

1 Like

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by mrbock: 6:47am On Jun 07, 2019
martineverest:
u aren't current at all. ..when CNN was about to be acquired last year, what happened?

CNN license bhavent been revoked cos they are still professional and follows ethics of broadcasting in USA unlike AIT

Have you watched CNN in the last 3-4 years

They make AIT look Like angels.

but the President cannot revoke their license without great back lash from the DNC

1 Like

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by mrbock: 6:49am On Jun 07, 2019
Alajiki:
a

Yeah, you're correct. But this infraction has been met with the appropriate measure. AIT is an irresponsible media house. When have you seen Channels or TVC do that nonsense.

By the way I was once a journalist with the most read newsmagazine in the country.

Pls we all know TVC and channels are Pro APC

Why didn't Jonathan revoke TVC's license with the smear campaign they ran in 2015.

1 Like

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by sogodihno: 6:52am On Jun 07, 2019
Staro:

Zombie spotted

u are senseless, counter his comment or shut ur dirty mouth.

1 Like

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by sogodihno: 6:52am On Jun 07, 2019
Staro:

Zombie spotted

u are senseless, counter his comment or shut ur dirty mouth.
Staro:

Zombie spotted

counter his comment or shut ur dirty mouth.
Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by 9jaRealist: 6:59am On Jun 07, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:

You were making sense at the beginning of your write up. Immediately I saw that "Corruption" , you started sounding like government people, so I stopped reading.

You are a better man than I am, because I couldn’t even get past the first sentence... cheesy
Once people start to support censorship based on political content, then we are slip-sliding to full DICTATORSHIP. SMH
>

2 Likes

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by wirinet(m): 6:59am On Jun 07, 2019
mrbock:

You haven't watched CNN in a long time

People that called trump a Russian agent
orange man, dumb, stupid, racist etc

just to name a few

Don't compare AIT and CNN abeg. They are far worse.

Why do you people behave as if you are autistic. Insulting a president is not the same thing as insulting the country. Reno Omokri, Fani Kayode and IPOB insults Buhari (apart from other favourite targets of Tinubu, Amaechi and Oshiomole), it is when they start inciting the citizens against the country that they have gone too far. CAN had never incited US citizens against the country, just because they don't like the president.

4 Likes

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by mrbock: 6:59am On Jun 07, 2019
iammo:
angry

If we won't allow NBC do its job without sentimental interference, then let them pack and go.

Many people think they are hurting buhari, but unknowingly they are hurting Nigeria's own image, with countries like Ghana and kenya now trolling us.

Khakaki social basically lift off hate speech and inciteful comments on twitter and instablog9j.a

Imediately after the election, AIT aired an edition of moneyline with Nancy, and she went on and on trolling Northerners, saying the Nigerian Poverty wears the northern cap, openly saying northerners deserved "worst for voting PMB. That day i saw the painfull look on my aboki friend, the nonsense totaly ruined his mood for the day, that i had to leave his office.

This is a federal staff that is in an agency that can ruin nancy for life, without the directives of the president

Although AIt is greatly partisan. But in an era where most of the media outlets are controlled or influenced by the state, it is a necessary evil

Now citing the kakaki social program. These are comments lifted from the social media, not the comments of the journalists

Social media has become one of the best ways to shine a light on social ills and get unfiltered reaction

The hate speech as you term it, are generally frustrations against the actions and inaction of govt.

Rather than try to gag them and live in an echo chamber, why not work on them to improve them?

The people commenting are they not Nigerians?

if they are not problems would they be any need for the back lash

let's stop the hypocritical stuff abeg.

2 Likes

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by martineverest(m): 7:00am On Jun 07, 2019
mrbock:

Have you watched CNN in the last 3-4 years

They make AIT look Like angels.

but the President cannot revoke their license without great back lash from the DNC
CNN haven't broken any ethical rules...so they can't be revoked of their license

1 Like

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by superstar1(m): 7:01am On Jun 07, 2019
NGE cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy who are they?

They should ask NBA that made more noise when the CJ of BDC was suspended.

If you failed to do your work as NGE, FG will do it for you. Some of us have been shouting repeatedly for you to step in and arrest the gutter journalism that reeks of mediocrity and brown envelope induced sensational headlines and twisted facts for some.time, did u do anything?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by Staro: 7:03am On Jun 07, 2019
Aw
Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by mrbock: 7:03am On Jun 07, 2019
wirinet:

Why do you people behave as if you are autistic. Insulting a president is not the same thing as insulting the country. Reno Omokri, Fani Kayode and IPOB insults Buhari (apart from other favourite targets of Tinubu, Amaechi and Oshiomole), it is when they start inciting the citizens against the country that they have gone too far. CAN had never incited US citizens against the country, just because they don't like the president.

Are you joking?

I can't believe what I'm reading

People that ran shows bashing the country and praying the Chinese win the trade war

Claim that USA and Israel are terrorists nations killing Palestinians

Ran a segment saying "American isn't great"

Bros take several seats

1 Like

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by wirinet(m): 7:04am On Jun 07, 2019
9jaRealist:

You are a better man than I am, because I couldn’t even get past the first sentence... cheesy
Once people start to support censorship based on political content, then we are slip-sliding to full DICTATORSHIP. SMH
>
If you don't have any degree of censorship on the press and media in general, you are preparing the road to anarchy. Most of the crisis in the middle east was started and fuelled by social media. The Rwanda genocide was started and fuel by radio.

The Chinese government tightly control all media including social media because of the fear of its power to cause chaos. The Russians used social media to interfere in the US elections and uses it to cause conflicts within demographic, social and political groups within the US.

1 Like

Re: NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences by awelas252(m): 7:04am On Jun 07, 2019
Bizlifelines201:

People should look at the reasons given by NBC before they revoke the licence of Daar Communication. Daar communication clearly breach the broadcasting code with reckless abandon and so should be sanction period.

I honestly just don't get It, are these letters of caution not issued to DAAR? Is it not true that the NBC followed up with a meeting to draw the attention of the management of DAAR to the infractions? Should NBC just sit down as lameduck and not move against DAAR in the face of DAAR's alleged sustained intransigence and irresponsible professional conduct ?
Where were these BON and NGE in the face of the caution prior to the suspension? How come their own media houses don't do the nonsense DAAR is being alleged of and how does closing down of an irresponsible media organisation amount to gagging of the media?
If the DAAR management have not been encouraging their members of staff to behave recklessly, the
DAAR should be bold enough to fire their personnel messing up their relationship with the regulator.
I think NBC should go beyond sanctioning the corporate organisation and prosecute those members of staff of DAAR and/or report these individuals each to their professional group for investigation and discipline. I still don't know where a board led by High Chief Dokpesi who is on corruption trial for embezzling funds budgeted for prosecution of war against book harem, derived it's moral authority to be referred as member of the fourth estate of realm. I really commend NBC, they're more matured and gave enough ropes to DAAR unlike the case of SEC against OandO that didn't even release the report of infractions to OandO to defend itself before wielding the stick.
I urge the NBC not to be intimidated, they must fine DAAR, insist on a new editorial board for AIT and Raypower and ensure that it gets professional sanctions against the individual recalcitrant journalists posting hate speech etc to ensure that the innocent ones are not punished.
We can't afford to allow a few irresponsible unpatriotic citizens throw us into another needless war or another Rwanda tragedy. The task of nation building is serious business.
NBC should remain resolute like NCC did with MTN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Mourns Victims Of Nigerian Airforce Plane Crash In Kaduna / The Delusion Of Grandeur Of Ahmadu Bello At Independence In 1960 / Imoke To PDP Members: Ben Ayade Was A Mistake, Please Forgive Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.