Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,899 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please (36875 Views)

Urgent: My Nails Are Growing Too Big, Any Medical Reasons For This? / Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) / Any Medical Cure For Pile?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Offpoint1: 10:20am On Jun 08, 2019
1forall:

I had wanted to write a fitting response to this thoughtless comment but then I saw the username cheesy

Thank you for a word so sweet...
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by drlaykay(m): 10:29am On Jun 08, 2019
mgh2:
From the result above it can be summarily deduced that your wife is not currently pregnant and that her uterus is physiologically and anatomically normal though there are negligible evidence of uterine protrusion (Decidual reaction as stated in the result above).

The result went further to reveal that your next appointment is one week from the date the scan was done (1/52).

From my experience so far, is always advisable to conduct Abdominal scan as from 8wks of gestation.

Scan cannot detect fetal presence less than 8wks.

Wait until the pregnancy is 8wks and above for rescan since previous PT indicated positive.

Ask your wife of her last menstrual period from there you can do the math yourself.
That's not true. A transvginal ultrasound scan will b pick a gestational sac as early as 4 weeks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by mikeyung71(m): 10:36am On Jun 08, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Decidual reaction is a functional change that occurs in the uterine endometrium in preparation for pregnancy or during pregnancy

The impression of the scan means, that the uterus, ovaries, and adnexae are normal. No abnormalities were seen.

No cyesis (pregnancy) was seen during scan >>> this does not mean your wife is not pregnant.

The pregnancy could be below four weeks that is why it's not yet visualized on scan.

[b]TVS can see pregnancy at 4weeks

while Transabdominal scan can detect pregnancy at 5weeks.

Your wife should rescan in the next two weeks.

Oga your wife is pregnant, just relax and repeat the scan in 2weeks.

By then a gestational sac should be present in the uterus and probably a fetal pole.

ANOTHER QUESTION I WANT TO ASK YOU

Was there any time she bled or spotted??

because even after a miscarriage has occurred, a pregnancy test will still be showing positive.

But to my best knowledge, if there was no miscarriage and the test is positive, she is pregnant.
..I’m a medical personnel *Bsc* *licensed*Nurse. She has said it all. Try go for follow up and see the gynecologist.. God bless
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2019
OWNwithEASE:
My wife went for a blood test in 2 different labs and the result from both centers indicates She was pregnant. We did a scan but the scan did not see She was pregnant, we were then advised to do Transvaginal U/S scan. Our next appointment with the doctor is next week but She is not at peace at the moment. Pending the time we see the doctor next week, Pls any medical practitioner should explain what the statement of result mean

You are just scared, its understandable. I have seen situations like this before. There is nothing negative with the scan. Repeat it after a week. The pregnancy may be the early to see in an ultrasound, or they're have missed a sac. Do it after one week
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by joelison(m): 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2019
Query ectopic pregnancy
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by mgh2: 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2019
drlaykay:

That's not true. A transvginal ultrasound scan will b pick a gestational sac as early as 4 weeks

So why is this very scan not detecting the presence of a fetus?

I shared my opinion... make yours and stop quoting me...get off my back
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by drlaykay(m): 3:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
mgh2:

So why is this very scan not detecting the presence of a fetus?

I shared my opinion... make yours and stop quoting me...get off my back
It's simple, it might just be about three weeks or less.
Decidual reaction means that the uterus is preparing for a pregnancy..becoming thickened.
I never insulted u, I corrected u in a very polite way so why take it this deep. Besides u are publicly talking about a subject u know nothing about and still arrogant about it...
I hate quoting or correcting people here because most people here see correction as insults.

1 Like

Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Psoul(m): 9:34pm On Jun 08, 2019
fm7070:
A transvaginal ultrasound is an imaging scan that doctors use to examine the inside of a person's pelvic region.

Is that what he asked you to explain?
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by DonaTee(f): 5:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
OWNwithEASE:
My wife went for a blood test in 2 different labs and the result from both centers indicates She was pregnant. We did a scan but the scan did not see She was pregnant, we were then advised to do Transvaginal U/S scan. Our next appointment with the doctor is next week but She is not at peace at the moment. Pending the time we see the doctor next week, Pls any medical practitioner should explain what the statement of result mean

Do a blood pt. Then repeat scan in 2wks
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by TrinityHealth10: 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2019
Why spend more treating infectious diseases when you can spend less preventing it.Trinity Healthcare Services now brings high quality vaccination services to your doorstep at very competitive rates. We offer the following vaccinations Measles-Mumps-Rubella, Hepatitis A & B, Meningitis, Pneumonia, Varicella, Rotavirus, Typhoid, Yellow fever, Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis, Varicella, Human Papilloma Virus(Cancer), etc . To book for your vaccination please click the link below or call +2348028791004

https://trinityhealthcarefoundation.org/vaccination-saves-lives-book-your-vaccination-today/
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by ccollins(m): 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2019
godblessuyirich:
THE SCAN SAYS ALL YOUR WIFE SYSTEM RE IN GOD ORDER. THE IMPRESSON SAYS NIL OVARIAN CYESIS MEANS ON PREGNANCY DETECTED. MY EXPLAINATION IS BASE ON MY LITTLE EXPERIENCE FROM MY OWN SCAN. NO, IM NOT A MEDICAL PERSONAL. TELL MADAM TO CALM DOWN
you can message me on collins4reall@gmail.com
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by ijewejones: 8:13am On Nov 05, 2019
[s][quote author=OWNwithEASE post=79111333]My wife went for a blood test in 2 different labs and the result from both centers indicates She was pregnant. We did a scan but the scan did not see She was pregnant, we were then advised to do Transvaginal U/S scan. Our next appointment with the doctor is next week but She is not at peace at the moment. Pending the time we see the doctor next week, Pls any medical practitioner should explain what the statement of result mean[s][/s]

The effects and consequences of your sins is what is killing you Samson Ameh/Samson Rotimi Ameh.

You didn't mention that you are impotent..tell nairalanders that you are impotent and you paid people to bleep your wife lipsrsealed hence you opening this thread as a pointer whenever they come calling...

Note: you are owing me too and you opened a thread against me thinking i will run ...naaah,i don't run to fight anoda day..i fight to finish!

Back to fact: Tell the truth that you are impotent,you paid people to bleep your wife and you are expecting the result of the bleep fast hence the going for scam and opening this thread. Sick & Impotent Samson Ameh!

One of his moniker @ Dominique. Scammer Samson Ameh,enjoy the pictures below.

Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by ijewejones: 12:24am On Nov 08, 2019
Sam Ameh,you ain't clever as your fish brain is...you are a scammer,criminal & a thief by birth

So you abandoned all your monikers & business in it because i've exposed your scamming & criminality on this forum But how comfortable where u when defrauding people

Why not tell people that you haven't paid for the bleeping you arranged for your wife through me? I would've posted the chats on this forum but due to your wife's nudity(i won't)because of ban(but will send it to people on request). That also doesn't wave the fact that (u)Samson Ameh is still owing me for the business we transacted.

Since your lifestyle fits best into fugitive,i'll keep you on your toes. Samson Ameh,you remain the owner of webguruschoolmodel,pentsoft and ownwithease. I promise you that you will keep changing business name while i am tasked with sniffing you out grin grin...olee! shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive / COVID-19: Nigeria Adds Two Laboratories For Tests / Trying To Conceive Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.