Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,358 members, 7,846,539 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Why People Close Their Eyes When Kissing - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why People Close Their Eyes When Kissing (468 Views)

How I Ruined My First Kiss. Never Do This When Kissing A Girl / Can Any One Explain The Heat Between A Male And Female When Kissing / Look At How These Ladies Open Their Legs Wide And Close Their Eyes (18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why People Close Their Eyes When Kissing by vegafbs: 4:17am On Jun 08, 2019
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/06/08/why-people-close-their-eyes-when-kissing/

Have you ever found yourself closing your eyes when leaning in for a kiss? Of course, the answer is YES with capital letters.

You know how it feels, gazing into your partner’s, those little smooches and then the sparks, the leaning in, the sensations that come with the coming together of the lips - the closing of the eyes. Who can explain why that happens? Well, science has an answer as to why.

No matter the level of passion involved in the kiss, most people find that leaning in for a kiss involves closing eyes, puckering your lips and touching down! Was everyone taught to close their eyes? Why does it happen so instinctively?

According to a study published in the Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, performing a challenging visual task could reduce your ability to comprehend stimuli associated with other senses in this case touch. In general, human beings are unable to use all their senses at the same time. This, therefore, explains why you lower the volume of your car stereo when you’re looking for directions while driving.

Psychologists at the Royal Holloway University in London also demonstrated that completing a demanding visual task reduces people’s ability to comprehend touch.

The study, which was carried out without actual people kissing, suggested that people might instinctually close their eyes to focus on a tactile sensation such as kissing. This could also be why people close their eyes when doing other activities that involve touching like reading braille, making love or dancing.

What the study proves is that the brain can interpret messages sent to it by the coming together of lips of two people in love and the best way to enjoy the sensuous moment is to shut other senses down. With your eyes closed, your brain has less to focus on. No distractions! Your brain understands that feeling and enjoying the kiss is more important than seeing it. It’s a spiritual journey. This is why we also tend to close our eyes when savoring a delicious meal. Like hmmm, yummy, yummy!

Scientists also believe the art of closing one’s eyes may have begun centuries ago when kissing was a prelude to the reproductive process. Closing one’s eyes then ensured that nothing interfered with that very important cloud 9 journey.

Another reason why eyes are closed during kissing, according to Relationship experts, is simply the Trust element. Closing your eyes instinctively shows your partner you trust him and you are willing to enjoy the process with him.

So, when next you find yourself closing your eyes when leaning in for a kiss, know that Science’s got your back.

Re: Why People Close Their Eyes When Kissing by diablos: 4:32am On Jun 08, 2019
There's no reason for kissing with your eyes closed. No Sparks, no cringes, no butterflies, no nothing. The first kissers were probably two blind opposite sexes who collided into each other and mistakenly locked lips and a deluded pervert witness probably lurking around adopted the scenario undecided

1 Like

Re: Why People Close Their Eyes When Kissing by Sundrus: 4:43am On Jun 08, 2019
I no sabi close my eyes when i dey kiss, sleep & sneeze undecided
Re: Why People Close Their Eyes When Kissing by orisa37: 6:36am On Jun 08, 2019
I don't close my eyes. I just dabo. So the rule is not general.
Re: Why People Close Their Eyes When Kissing by orisa37: 6:38am On Jun 08, 2019
I don't close my eyes. I just dabo. So the rule is not general. Orgasm springs from believing what you are seeing.

(1) (Reply)

. / For Men Who Wish To Quit Masturbation / 12 Ways To Identify The Right Person To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.