Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362911 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2019
Don't mind him; that was his opinion. First, contact your school and explain the case as it is.
You may need an immigration lawyer advice on best step to take. You need expert advice and you should be very careful as to which direction you take in resolving this, so that you'll not complicate your case.
naijatisumi:

OMG 10year Ban ? even if i'm ready to make the payment ? school fees gone(35,000USD) and her certificate ? Please tell me it's a joke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:33pm On Jun 26, 2019
Lols. So funny, but true
TheGrandChemist:

You can start a new life anywhere, even in Nigeria.

Check this out: 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Receive Him today!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by samdgreat2011: 10:44pm On Jun 26, 2019
naijatisumi:
I'm so down right now...House please forgive my typo error

Dear All,

Please i need sincere clarification and response

Two years (2017) ago my wife travel to the STATE with an F1 visa, but when she got there she realized she was 2 month pregnant tho she was menstruating and all. Anyway she got registered in the school and became the best in her department even with the pregnancy and all school fees payment was duly paid.

In between she registered for Insurance and medicare as a student through the school to deliver our baby,doing this period she has to chill out a semester so as to have the baby as such she has a semester left but her VISA will expired next week.

Anyway i advise her to come back to Nigeria so as to renew her VISA then go back to finish the last semester and make the family proud. She schedule her interview and eventually got the white paper after enough drilling and all but the VO requested for the medical invoice which she replied she's not with the invoice. She was then told to mail it over to there office at ISOLO.

Since there was no payment made as the insurance covered for the payment we sent a mail to the hospital from Nigeria and they provided the medical invoice but stated it was all covered by ALAMEDA medical and we submitted same at DHL, to my surprise today when i went to DHL for the passport i saw a blue paper. sincerely i almost POO on my body, i read through and realised she has been denied. Sincerely i need advise as am blank right now. I advise her to come over to renew her VISA in Nigeria while she insist i should allow her finish her MSC programme before. Sincerely i'm so sad and sick right now.

Please house what can be done, we got another detailed invoice from the hospital today with the amount the insurance company paid for the medicare. I dont know if another VISA fee should be paid and she should go for another interview or is there a way we can go pay the medical fee and then reschedule another interview as i just want her to finish her MSC and come back home. Please note we paid all school fees totaling over 35000$

I'm so sad and down right now...I just need advise please house

I'm a novice on this matter. I just felt I should try encourage you because this is so touching.

So I'll say this. Please be strong sir. We can only imagine the pains, regrets, and all, we can never feel it. What has happened has happened.

But there are many beautiful suggestions here already which I trust will help.

And while we await the breakthrough, keep your mind at rest. Don't be downcast. Your health is important too; plus you need a clear mind to take accurate decisions.

Even if the worst ever happens, that's still not the end of life. There is always a bouncing back.

So please allow the joy of the Lord while the issue get sorted out. Some of us believe in grace, miracles, if that will be a last resort.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 12:15am On Jun 27, 2019
Shortcess:

Yes Bsc
Wow......how much was your deficit?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:15am On Jun 27, 2019
naijatisumi:
I'm so down right now...House please forgive my typo error

Dear All,

Please i need sincere clarification and response

Two years (2017) ago my wife travel to the STATE with an F1 visa, but when she got there she realized she was 2 month pregnant tho she was menstruating and all. Anyway she got registered in the school and became the best in her department even with the pregnancy and all school fees payment was duly paid.

In between she registered for Insurance and medicare as a student through the school to deliver our baby,doing this period she has to chill out a semester so as to have the baby as such she has a semester left but her VISA will expired next week.

Anyway i advise her to come back to Nigeria so as to renew her VISA then go back to finish the last semester and make the family proud. She schedule her interview and eventually got the white paper after enough drilling and all but the VO requested for the medical invoice which she replied she's not with the invoice. She was then told to mail it over to there office at ISOLO.

Since there was no payment made as the insurance covered for the payment we sent a mail to the hospital from Nigeria and they provided the medical invoice but stated it was all covered by ALAMEDA medical and we submitted same at DHL, to my surprise today when i went to DHL for the passport i saw a blue paper. sincerely i almost POO on my body, i read through and realised she has been denied. Sincerely i need advise as am blank right now. I advise her to come over to renew her VISA in Nigeria while she insist i should allow her finish her MSC programme before. Sincerely i'm so sad and sick right now.

Please house what can be done, we got another detailed invoice from the hospital today with the amount the insurance company paid for the medicare. I dont know if another VISA fee should be paid and she should go for another interview or is there a way we can go pay the medical fee and then reschedule another interview as i just want her to finish her MSC and come back home. Please note we paid all school fees totaling over 35000$

I'm so sad and down right now...I just need advise please house

No way ....

why would you give her such advice. If she had only one semester there was absolutely no need to come to Nigeria to renew visa or go anywhere ..... you need to understand rules before going to do your own thing without thinking of consequences or full picture .... as long as she was still in status she doesn't need a visa stamp . An updated i20 is enough and she completes her semester and move on to OPT

You might have missed them and wanted to see them because its not easy to be away from your family but this was a decision taking without looking at the full picture.... if you wanted to see them then plan it for them to visit while the visa was still on ....It's hard getting F1 in the first place with this I dont really have any advice or solution. You can't really appeal or use a lawyer . F1 is at the discretion of the Vo. You can maybe show evidence of payment to the hospital or insurance and apply and hope for the best . If the embassy doesn't see full proof of paying the bill I can tell you for free, that visa ain't coming. They are strict on that matter because foreigners including our people really abuse the system

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:20am On Jun 27, 2019
naijatisumi:

OMG 10year Ban ? even if i'm ready to make the payment ? school fees gone(35,000USD) and her certificate ? Please tell me it's a joke

She not going to get an official ban.... if she did it would have been stated in the rejection

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 6:20am On Jun 27, 2019
Once again... Thanks a lot to everyone here and to everyone that consoled my destiny grin... That moment when u take to sarcasm and blaspheming to avert heart break and depression cheesy grin but with the way you all here responded, when I blow I go throw party for everyone on this forum to be present maybe December. I swear I love you all here.

And please remember me in ur prayers for forgiveness. I blasphamed undecided. I agree I was lazy to take the GRE which would have increased my chances.

Finally can we reduce the noise about funding so VOs won't attack it. Maybe create another group cause truth is, they are reading this page. They didn't ask anyone for SOA meaning they have advanced their checks.

Make unah think am o. Nobody before me in the embassy was asked for SOA, I don't know after me.

Embassy's Nose in everywhere

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dextinate(m): 6:34am On Jun 27, 2019
Davidkking:
I don't study there o, just did a little research for you
thanks man
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Drekales: 6:58am On Jun 27, 2019
I don't know how many people can see this message.. But for the good of everyone, I'll advice sensitive issues should be discussed in private groups.

The embassy is making decision based on what's discussed here.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chymerokay(m): 7:12am On Jun 27, 2019
Good morning everyone! Any potential flight dispatch student going to IFOD? Kindly send a pm please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 7:12am On Jun 27, 2019
Shortcess:
Hey guys, my Visa was approved this morning at the Lagos consulate

Congrats
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 7:41am On Jun 27, 2019
segunbolawole:
Once again... Thanks a lot to everyone here and to everyone that consoled my destiny grin... That moment when u take to sarcasm and blaspheming to avert heart break and depression cheesy grin but with the way you all here responded, when I blow I go throw party for everyone on this forum to be present maybe December. I swear I love you all here.

And please remember me in ur prayers for forgiveness. I blasphamed undecided. I agree I was lazy to take the GRE which would have increased my chances.

Finally can we reduce the noise about funding so VOs won't attack it. Maybe create another group cause truth is, they are reading this page. They didn't ask anyone for SOA meaning they have advanced their checks.

Make unah think am o. Nobody before me in the embassy was asked for SOA, I don't know after me.

Did you see that USMissionNGRA online
I saw that yesterday.So they are reading the thread.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 8:00am On Jun 27, 2019
Pefuele:

Nah to put password for nairaland be the next thing ooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 8:17am On Jun 27, 2019
Pefuele:

Chai! This is serious!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 8:20am On Jun 27, 2019
I don’t think he can be helped by an immigration lawyer
She was on F1 so it’s technically not possible, like someone suggested, best bet would be to pay the bills out of pocket (every single charge till the last cent) and reapply after that and hope for the best, and explain her ignorance on the issue.
fairheart:
Don't mind him; that was his opinion. First, contact your school and explain the case as it is.
You may need an immigration lawyer advice on best step to take. You need expert advice and you should be very careful as to which direction you take in resolving this, so that you'll not complicate your case.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 8:23am On Jun 27, 2019
What private groups?
You think it’s that easy to get away from being monitored/ watched?
The more private you try to get, the easier for them to infiltrate with a mole
Y’all just need to keep it clean and honest and stop posting anything out of your ass on the internet.
Drekales:
I don't know how many people can see this message.. But for the good of everyone, I'll advice sensitive issues should be discussed in private groups.

The embassy is making decision based on what's discussed here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 8:23am On Jun 27, 2019
The truth is, Nigerians work in the embassy as well, so it is expected.

I will here to watch how uncle/aunt sponsor with respect to deficit will reduce,

Tohajan:

Chai! This is serious!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 8:30am On Jun 27, 2019
Over the last 24hours you’ve made the most noise about funding and what not and somewhat insinuating it was a ticket to a visa, I’d wanted to caution you but I didn’t want to have any back and forth, it’s good you realize how damaging such statements can be when not kept to yourself,

Everybody needs to keep it clean, and professional
Imagine you are a V.O yourself and use that to checkmate what you would term acceptable and unacceptable. So that the honest ones who feel that getting a visa is a privilege will not continually be affected by the actions of a few
segunbolawole:

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:31am On Jun 27, 2019
Tohajan:

Chai! This is serious!

But is not today .... been on nairaland actively 2 years and have seen Vo here now and there. There was one who used to comment on post here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by samdgreat2011: 8:38am On Jun 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

But is not today .... been on nairaland actively 2 years and have seen Vo here now and there. There was one who used to comment on post here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:41am On Jun 27, 2019
June is ending cool

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 27, 2019
Please av been on AP for almost a month now. The vo approved my visa and gave me the white slip and a yellow slip where he marked Administrative processing pending when my uncles bank statement is verified, he also said something about a life ban it it comes out fake, of course its 100% original and inflow and outflow of about 700m in the last one year... Am getting worried cos its taking time and I keep refreshing this CEAC website every 5 mins.. Please who has been in similar situation and how did it turn out Please o talk

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 8:53am On Jun 27, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 9:17am On Jun 27, 2019
July 10 is available for those that want to reschedule in Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 9:24am On Jun 27, 2019
Tohajan:

Chai! This is serious!
In the past VOs use to read and comment on this thread helping with peoples queries. As long as you’re genuine, it’s nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 9:29am On Jun 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Exactly. LagosNIV and AbujaNIV I think
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hustla(m): 9:31am On Jun 27, 2019
Justabama:
Please av been on AP for almost a month now. The vo approved my visa and gave me the white slip and a yellow slip where he marked Administrative processing pending when my uncles bank statement is verified, he also said something about a life ban it it comes out fake, of course its 100% original and inflow and outflow of about 700m in the last one year... Am getting worried cos its taking time and I keep refreshing this CEAC website every 5 mins.. Please who has been in similar situation and how did it turn out Please o talk

Why do they put people on AP?
Its the 2nd time i am seeing this on Nairaland
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hustla(m): 9:32am On Jun 27, 2019
Davidkking:
July 10 is available for those that want to reschedule in Lagos

Someone was asking fr this on the last page

t4thayour

Reschedule Asap if you are online
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 9:42am On Jun 27, 2019
It's a lot to worry about o,

TheZed:
In the past VOs use to read and comment on this thread helping with peoples queries. As long as you’re genuine, it’s nothing to worry about.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by graduatestudent(f): 9:42am On Jun 27, 2019
For those looking for dates, July 10 is open for Lagos smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 9:48am On Jun 27, 2019
TheZed:

Sure.

But I thought it was mere insinuation, until I saw that screenshot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flaame(m): 9:54am On Jun 27, 2019
Shortcess:
Hey guys, my Visa was approved this morning at the Lagos consulate. Here is my transcript

VO:good morning
Me:good morning

VO: pass your i20 and passport
Me: *hands it over*

VO: do you have any relatives in the United States?
Me: yes, my sister

VO: where does she stay
Me: I mentioned the name of the state

VO: what does she do
Me: she's a student

VO: why did you choose to go to Mcneese
Me: Mcneese state university has an abundance of school spirit including various campus activities to choose from
I noticed she was shaking her head so I stopped talking

VO: you haven't answered my question
Me: the department of biology at Mcneese State University advances student knowledge through a wide range of opportunities to enter the work force or continue their education
She was still shaking her head, so I started shaking

VO: we know that, I need a specific reason
I got really scared so I started blabbing along the lines of "it has the technological and reseach facilities that will aid my learning"
She still continued to shake her head

VO: all schools in the United States do that, I haven't heard your reason for picking this school
Me: Mcneese gave me the highest scholarship which is why I chose to go there
Then, she nodded

VO: that is what I wanted to hear. So, who will be sponsoring your education
Me: my mom

VO: what does she do
Me: she's an accountant that works with XYZ company

VO: can I see her bank statement
Me: sure
This is where my heart was beating frantically because the money there wasn't up to the estimation of my fees but that was the best my mom could do

VO: does she have other bank accounts
Me: yes, she does

Vo: she just smiled and said "come and pick your Visa in 3 days time"
I was literally crying on the spot. I couldn't stop saying "thank you ma" because everyone who went before was denied but I didn't lose hope
So, all in all, thank you guys. This thread has been nothing but helpful to me and I hope others will benefit from this thread

was this ur first trial, and is it undergraduate level?

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.