Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356359 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 9:55am On Jun 27, 2019
segunbolawole:
It's a lot to worry about o,

you should only worry if you plan on committing fraud. If that’s not the case it’s nothing to really fret about
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:56am On Jun 27, 2019

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flaame(m): 9:56am On Jun 27, 2019
Nehemiah77:
Good day fam. My visa was approved this morning at Lagos consulate.
I had a full tuition waiver with 13,300usd deficit. Used uncle as my sponsor. VO didn't as for his SOA.
I will share my transcript shortly.
congrats, first attempt? What level?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Drekales: 10:00am On Jun 27, 2019
Wretch32:
What private groups?
You think it’s that easy to get away from being monitored/ watched?
The more private you try to get, the easier for them to infiltrate with a mole
Y’all just need to keep it clean and honest and stop posting anything out of your ass on the internet.

Yes That's my point bro.

We should be careful what we discuss here.
It will come back to hunt us.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 10:12am On Jun 27, 2019
This what I am saying, we have noticed some people here get thier visa approved without much drill, and then within a period same type of application were drilled and denied.

I'm only saying Managing information is good.

TheZed:
you should only worry if you plan on committing fraud. If that’s not the case it’s nothing to really fret about
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LordSir1: 10:28am On Jun 27, 2019
Hello..my visa was approved some days back, I really learnt a lot from this forum and hopefully someone can learn from this too. Overall the interview was good, the VO was really nice. I thought the interview was going to be in an enclosed space though lol

Visa Approved

VO: you're going to the US, tell me about this?
Me: I'm going to the US for a Master's in Engineering with a focua in industrial automation and control at Texas Tech University.

VO:what will this course do for you?
ME: Upon graduation and completion of my Masters program, I will be a skilled and highly proficient Control Engineer applying advanced automation processes in production system. This is a skill that is in high demand in Nigeria especially in the manufacturing and production industry, from the oil and gas sector down to the production of consumer goods. I plan on returning back to Nigeria to apply this skill and take advantage of this opportunity.

VO: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to four schs..mentioned them.

VO: how many admitted you?
Me: I got into 3.. Mentioned them

VO: why Texas tech?
Me: Apart from the Whitacre (I'm not sure I pronounced this right) college of engineering at Texas tech being highly prestigious and well respected, I am keen on joining an ongoing research in pulsed power and control led by Dr Dickens, this is a great and direct step up from my undergraduate thesis were I also worked using pulse width modulation. I also received a partial scholarship at tech.

VO: when did you finish sch and what have you been doing?
Me: I graduated with a BSc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in Nov 2017 and was mobilized for national service in January 2018. I served as a physics and ICT teacher in a federal government sch and I completed my service in Jan 2018. During this period, I took several refresher and graduate preparatory classes as part of my preparation for graduate sch.

VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my father

VO: **asked for his SOA

VO: what does he do?

VO: have you been to any other country?
Me: yes, I had bachelor's degree in Ghana

VO: I'll be approving your visa............

I stuttered a bit and I won't say my delivery was exactly the best but that was it. God did it. Again thank you.

PS: if you're also heading to Texas tech or already there, send me a pm if you don't mind.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheEnforcer: 10:36am On Jun 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

But is not today .... been on nairaland actively 2 years and have seen Vo here now and there. There was one who used to comment on post here
Yeah, that was LagosNIV.He comments on the non immigrant threads.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2019
DOES FUNDING GUARANTEES VISA?
No! Don't be deceived, it doesn't! Funding only covers you in the area of affordability, that is, with funding, you automatically demonstrates you'll not drop out of status and become a public burden on the US government should your F1 be approved. Your scholarship or funding does not make you eligible for the visa as you'll still need to demonstrates other factors, and that you're a genuine student and not using the F1 visa category to migrate.

DOES ABSENCE OF FUNDING MEAN AUTOMATIC REFUSAL?
No! One thing you need to understand is that, many students have studied in the US without a dime in scholarship from the school. Funding itself is said to be merit-based, and usually very competitive. But not having funding does not mean you'll be refused the F1 visa. Many students have been approved without it, especially when you demonstrates other factor and able to convince the VO.

SO, WHAT DOES THE CONSULAR USE TO DETERMINE AN APPROVAL?
There is no single factor or yardstick by which F1 eligibility is determined. Timing (that you go to the interview), home-ties, the quality of your response to consular questions, the university you're going to, cost of attendance, program you're going to study, type of degree and age factored combined, visa application history for US visa and Canadian visa, and somewhat, but not the least, the mood of the consular and the God-favoured factor. One, two or more of these factors come into play to determine an approval. This is to say, there is no single single, ultimate factor or angle your eligibility will be viewed from. So, it is very important to know what you are doing.

Those of you saying Abuja is better, hmm, no! Lagos or Abuja, na same. It is like saying you'll be successful in life ONLY when you travel abroad. That perspective itself will shackle you from living your best life and being successful in life. You'd be limiting your own potential and shut your mind from opportunities where you're.The location you choose for your interview does not determine or help in anyway. Go to the embassy your mind choose, or that there's favourable date.

Put yourself together. Whether you see it as such or not, it is not every applicant that will be granted their visas. But being refused does not mean it is over. I think the reason there is a thread like this is to help you learn from others. So, ask questions. I mean, ask intelligent and critical questions, not the one you can answer for yourself by thinking or using Google.com. Or you risk being ridiculed and avoided! Also cultivate the habit of reading as I have noticed that some students here hate that. If you don't love reading, this thread will bore you.

And please, stop the copy-copy transcripts. If you want to say what Student A and B said to get an approval, it may backfire.
If you need money, abeg manage this 100 kobo cheesy grin

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 10:55am On Jun 27, 2019
fairheart:
No! Don't be deceived, it doesn't! Funding only covers you in the area of affordability, that is, with funding, you automatically demonstrates you'll not drop out of status and become a public burden on the US government should your F1 be approved. Your scholarship or funding does not make you eligible for the visa as you'll still need to demonstrates other factors, and that you're a genuine student and not using the F1 visa category to migrate.

No! One thing you need to understand is that, many students have studied in the US without a dime in scholarship from the school. Funding itself is said to be merit-based, and usually very competitive. But not having funding does not mean you'll be refused the F1 visa. Many students have been approved without it, especially when you demonstrates other factor and able to convince the VO.

There is no single factor or yardstick by which F1 eligibility is determined. Timing (that you go to the interview), home-ties, the quality of your response to consular questions, the university you're going to, cost of attendance, program you're going to study, type of degree and age factored combined, visa application history for US visa and Canadian visa, and somewhat, but not the least, the mood of the consular and the God-favoured factor. One, two or more of these factors come into play to determine an approval. This is to say, there is no single single, ultimate factor or angle your eligibility will be viewed from. So, it is very important to know what you are doing.

Those of you saying Abuja is better, hmm, no! Lagos or Abuja, na same. It is like saying you'll be successful in life ONLY when you travel abroad. That perspective itself will shackle you from living your best life and being successful in life. You'd be limiting your own potential and shut your mind from opportunities where you're.The location you choose for your interview does not determine or help in anyway. Go to the embassy your mind choose, or that there's favourable date.

Put yourself together. Whether you see it as such or not, it is not every applicant that will be granted their visas. But being refused does not mean it is over. I think the reason there is a thread like this is to help you learn from others. So, ask questions. I mean, ask intelligent and critical questions, not the one you can answer for yourself by thinking or using Google.com. Or you risk being ridiculed and avoided! Also cultivate the habit of reading as I have noticed that some students here hate that. If you don't love reading, this thread will bore you.

And please, stop the copy-copy transcripts. If you want to say what Student A and B said to get an approval, it may backfire.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AgreatMan: 10:58am On Jun 27, 2019
Justabama:
Please av been on AP for almost a month now. The vo approved my visa and gave me the white slip and a yellow slip where he marked Administrative processing pending when my uncles bank statement is verified, he also said something about a life ban it it comes out fake, of course its 100% original and inflow and outflow of about 700m in the last one year... Am getting worried cos its taking time and I keep refreshing this CEAC website every 5 mins.. Please who has been in similar situation and how did it turn out Please o talk

I had read your transcript before but rechecked once more. Your uncle deposited 600M but withdrew 590M in a given 12 months. To make it worse, he puts in funds in huge chunks n his SOA is just 4 pages. People who deposit money in huge chunks of like 100M naira are either very good people or very bad people.

Someone with such high volume can't possibly hv a SOA of just 4 pages in a year or so, clearly, he has other accounts n they are not sure why or what's in those accounts.

Such high inflow and outflow can mean two of many things. Perhaps he operates a high volume but low profit business. I know that Coca-Cola or recharge distributors are like this, just as an example. Or is his account possibly used for money laundering? Could you also be used to launder money into America? Just an objective assessment.

There is also a question of whether his balance can actually sponsor u.

Give it time. It's not that easy for them too. I believe u can only contact them after 2 months (I stand to be corrected). But my explanation could possibly explain d delay.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by naijatisumi: 10:58am On Jun 27, 2019
marcDgreat:
SORRY BUT YOU MADE A HUGE MISTAKE !!!
a Us visa is used for entering and leaving the united states and does not need to be renewed as long as your wife was a student and was IN STATUS she didn't need to come back to renew anything, as long as she remained IN STATUS through out the period of study.
That is why for visiting visa despite having a validity period of 2 years there is a 6months stay duration per travel, and if you stay more than 6months your are OUT OF STATUS your visiting visa may still be valid but you are OUT OF STATUS.
The key is to always REMAIN IN STATUS
You should have done some due diligence by researching on the topic before telling her to come back and renew.
Sorry but your situation seems quite dire.
As a solution i think you should get an immigration attorney and see if the denial can be appealed.
i also wanted to ask under wat immigration law clause was she denied was is 214b or another one ?
Hopefully its not under 212(a)(9) or 212(a)(6)(C)(i).

She was denied under 214B

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by naijatisumi: 11:04am On Jun 27, 2019
Roland17:

She was clearly denied the visa because she utilized public health insurance that she did not qualify for. Now that the problem has been established, I will give my opinion and suggestions with hopes they are good enough to resolve this problem.

Firstly, she must contact her school and update them of the current situation. Secondly, you have to clarify if your wife used Medicare or Medicaid? They are two different kinds of public health insurance here in the US. I don't think your wife would qualify for Medicare as you described in your post because it is more so supplemental health insurance in addition to Medicaid or private insurance for people who are 65 years or older, young with certain kinds of disabilities or people with some kind of permanent diagnosis like kidney failure, cancer. Furthermore, Medicare has Part A, B, and D coverage. So I think she used Medicaid.

In your 2nd paragraph, you mentioned she registered for health insurance, was this private insurance in addition to Medicaid? or was this the stand-alone Medicaid? Does her I-20 provide health insurance coverage for her? Did she make any premium payments (monthly, quarterly/bi-annual) to the school for health insurance? If she did, have the school print proof of premiums paid thus far. if she had private insurance she must have been issued a health insurance card. You can also contact the insurance company to send a detailed proof of insurance that summarizes her coverage and all her payments. Also, does the school fees cover health insurance or just tuition? if the fees cover health insurance request and gather proof from the school.

If in the instance she did not do any of the above, the next option will be to contact the hospital where your wife had the delivery and ask to speak with a supervisor from the business/ accounts department. Explain to the representative that you would love to reverse the charge and pay out of pocket instead of having Medicaid cover the expenses. Ask them to send you the total bill and when you make the payment, have them reverse the charge from Medicaid to private (out of pocket) with proof of payment showing your name or her name as the payee. Remember you need to have the funds and make the payment to the hospital before the hospital can reverse the charge to show you made the payment out of pocket. Go a step further and have the hospital show proof that they refunded Medicaid the payment they made on her behalf because that is the onus of the issue.

Sadly, you are unable to appeal a visa denial for F1 and most non-immigrant visas. You guys would have to start all over again with the process of reapplying for a visa and when you are completing the DS160 form you would have the opportunity to write a detailed explanation as to why she was previously denied a visa. This section is very important because it would furnish the assigned CO with requisite information needed before the interview date, you can also attach copies of proof of payment if there is space to do that. When she gets to the interview stage, she will have the opportunity to explain this scenario through a direct or indirect question from the consular officer. If it is indirect, she has to be smart enough to recognize the direction of the question so she can detail with proof the reason for her previous denial and how it has been rectified. She has to be able to make a compelling argument that is logical and shows due diligence and good faith.

Finally, you will have to show remorse to your wife, be mentally strong, patient, tolerant and exhibit high levels of emotional intelligence because you are going to have one very upset and angry wife at home.

Stay strong and pray, there is nothing prayer can not change if you put the work in!!

Thanks for the time and your detailed response
She confirmed she used Medicare and not Medicaid, it only cover for the pregnancy and just the baby after birth, it does not include her personally. Find attached invoice sent from the hospital
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 27, 2019
Thanks for the insight,Agreatman. But he actually uses the account for financial investments and the funds has been consistently expiring and reinvested again. Sometimes he keeps the interest and reinvest all the principal, so it's not a case of money laundering, I just need to know if others have been in this kind of situations and what the outcome was...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 11:46am On Jun 27, 2019
Any funding or scholarship?
LordSir1:
Hello..my visa was approved some days back, I really learnt a lot from this forum and hopefully someone can learn from this too. Overall the interview was good, the VO was really nice. I thought the interview was going to be in an enclosed space though lol

Visa Approved

Me: I'm going to the US for a Master's in Engineering with a focua in industrial automation and control at Texas Tech University.

ME: Upon graduation and completion of my Masters program, I will be a skilled and highly proficient Control Engineer applying advanced automation processes in production system. This is a skill that is in high demand in Nigeria especially in the manufacturing and production industry, from the oil and gas sector down to the production of consumer goods. I plan on returning back to Nigeria to apply this skill and take advantage of this opportunity.

Me: Apart from the Whitacre (I'm not sure I pronounced this right) college of engineering at Texas tech being highly prestigious and well respected, I am keen on joining an ongoing research in pulsed power and control led by Dr Dickens, this is a great and direct step up from my undergraduate thesis were I also worked using pulse width modulation. I also received a partial scholarship at tech.

Me: I graduated with a BSc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in Nov 2017 and was mobilized for national service in January 2018. I served as a physics and ICT teacher in a federal government sch and I completed my service in Jan 2018. During this period, I took several refresher and graduate preparatory classes as part of my preparation for graduate sch.

I stuttered a bit and I won't say my delivery was exactly the best but that was it. God did it. Again thank you.

PS: if you're also heading to Texas tech or already there, send me a pm if you don't mind.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 11:51am On Jun 27, 2019
True!
Drekales:

Yes That's my point bro.

We should be careful what we discuss here.
It will come back to hunt us.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nerdychukz: 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2019
Congratulations bro
LordSir1:

Visa Approved

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adedayo65: 12:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
@Fairheart and other gurus in the house, thanks for always trying your best to help and encourage others, God bless you. You guys are too much!

fairheart:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nedu4god2003: 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2019
Pls someone that hasn't got a travelling history on his or her passport do they have a chance of getting ur visa approved never mind what u r travelling for
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 1:00pm On Jun 27, 2019
blacbard:
So for those who have had their Visas approved and are looking to book a flight. There is this App that's gives students discounted prices for flights and hotels. You will need to upload your Visa and admission letter.
The name is STUDENT UNIVERSE.
You can find it on Apple store and Play Store.
Thank me later
Wow...I'm late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 1:49pm On Jun 27, 2019
Nedu4god2003:
Pls someone that hasn't got a travelling history on his or her passport do they have a chance of getting ur visa approved never mind what u r travelling for
If you are going for a B1/B2 visa, travel history matters more, but it is not a requirement for approval and you can still get denied with it. People without travel history still get their visas approved if they are going for geniune reasons, no matter the category. But it doesn't matter much with student visa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Osaos(m): 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2019
Hello, guys I'm currently in NYSC. I want to start my journey to the USA. my profile. cgpa- 3.38/5.0 course : agric.econs.
will I be able to get funding, I'll like someone to mentor me on way forward
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ajibade105(m): 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
What you would have done is to ask on nairaland before telling your wife to come back to Nigeria to renew her visa. I understand you wanted to see your baby but your eagerness landed you the wrong decision ever (no vex). I hope your wife doesn't have access to this forum because after reading the replies she will be mad at you for the period she's in Nigeria with you.

I am sorry to say this, you gave your wife the wrong advice ever by telling her to go to Nigeria to renew her visa. She should have just gone to Mexico or Canada to renew her visa if needed.

She should know better since she is in the US. What happened to the international student office in her school?. They would have just helped her extend her stay by giving her new I-20 and there would not have been an issue. With this, it solves the problem except if she wanna leave the US, that is when she needs to renew her visa.

International student advisor is in the best position to advise your spouse and not you, Mr. Husband. You just mess the whole situation up. I will advise she contact the international student office, they should be able to advise her better. I hope she gets this resolved asap.

naijatisumi:
I'm so down right now...House please forgive my typo error

Dear All,

Please i need sincere clarification and response

Two years (2017) ago my wife travel to the STATE with an F1 visa, but when she got there she realized she was 2 month pregnant tho she was menstruating and all. Anyway she got registered in the school and became the best in her department even with the pregnancy and all school fees payment was duly paid.

In between she registered for Insurance and medicare as a student through the school to deliver our baby,doing this period she has to chill out a semester so as to have the baby as such she has a semester left but her VISA will expired next week.

Anyway i advise her to come back to Nigeria so as to renew her VISA then go back to finish the last semester and make the family proud. She schedule her interview and eventually got the white paper after enough drilling and all but the VO requested for the medical invoice which she replied she's not with the invoice. She was then told to mail it over to there office at ISOLO.

Since there was no payment made as the insurance covered for the payment we sent a mail to the hospital from Nigeria and they provided the medical invoice but stated it was all covered by ALAMEDA medical and we submitted same at DHL, to my surprise today when i went to DHL for the passport i saw a blue paper. sincerely i almost POO on my body, i read through and realised she has been denied. Sincerely i need advise as am blank right now. I advise her to come over to renew her VISA in Nigeria while she insist i should allow her finish her MSC programme before. Sincerely i'm so sad and sick right now.

Please house what can be done, we got another detailed invoice from the hospital today with the amount the insurance company paid for the medicare. I dont know if another VISA fee should be paid and she should go for another interview or is there a way we can go pay the medical fee and then reschedule another interview as i just want her to finish her MSC and come back home. Please note we paid all school fees totaling over 35000$

I'm so sad and down right now...I just need advise please house

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vhintage: 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2019
Please nairalanders I need help...I initially went with a statement of account from a micro finance bank and was denied becos the VO said the bank is not familiar...Nkwni have this statement of account from first bank with an account balance of 153k only in naira
But the cash flow there is very high about 28 million...is this a red flag for the VO
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by elhadji19: 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
[quote author=naijatisumi post=79692882]I'm so down right now...House please forgive my typo error

Dear All,

Two years (2017) ago my wife travel to the STATE with an F1 visa, but when she got there she realized she was 2 month pregnant tho she was menstruating and all. Anyway she got registered in the school and became the best in her department even with the pregnancy and all school fees payment was duly paid.

In between she registered for Insurance and medicare as a student through the school to deliver our baby,doing this period she has to chill out a semester so as to have the baby as such she has a semester left but her VISA will expired next week.

Anyway i advise her to come back to Nigeria so as to renew her VISA then go back to finish the last semester and make the family proud. She schedule her interview and eventually got the white paper after enough drilling and all but the VO requested for the medical invoice which she replied she's not with the invoice. She was then told to mail it over to there office at ISOLO.

Sorry to hear this. Trump administration doesn't joke with the uses of public benefits by the immigrants. Medicaid and Medicare are not for the immigrants, it is strictly for the citizens even someone with two or ten years green could be denied a citizen benefits if he or she is found of using public benefits. There is no crime in trying to apply again but the chances of getting the F1 Visa back look seems.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Onedaka: 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2019
Schools have a way of extending your stay for genuine reason, coming back home was an error. .
naijatisumi:
I'm so down right now...House please forgive my typo error

Dear All,

Since there was no payment made as the insurance covered for the payment we sent a mail to the hospital from Nigeria and they provided the medical invoice but stated it was all covered by ALAMEDA medical and we submitted same at DHL, to my surprise today when i went to DHL for the passport i saw a blue paper. sincerely i almost POO on my body, i read through and realised she has been denied. Sincerely i need advise as am blank right now. I advise her to come over to renew her VISA in Nigeria while she insist i should allow her finish her MSC programme before. Sincerely i'm so sad and sick right now.

Please house what can be done, we got another detailed invoice from the hospital today with the amount the insurance company paid for the medicare. I dont know if another VISA fee should be paid and she should go for another interview or is there a way we can go pay the medical fee and then reschedule another interview as i just want her to finish her MSC and come back home. Please note we paid all school fees totaling over 35000$

I'm so sad and down right now...I just need advise please house

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2019
Vhintage:
Please nairalanders I need help...I initially went with a statement of account from a micro finance bank and was denied becos the VO said the bank is not familiar...Nkwni have this statement of account from first bank with an account balance of 153k only in naira
But the cash flow there is very high about 28 million...is this a red flag for the VO
Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2019
That is what we are saying. You all now see coming to Nigeria after being in the US as a mistake. This is her country, for goodness sake. Stop making it seem like she was asked to come to hell and that life is over or that she cannot go to the US again.

Ajibade105:
What you would have done is to ask on nairaland before telling your wife to come back to Nigeria to renew her visa. I understand you wanted to see your baby but your eagerness landed you the wrong decision ever (no vex). I hope your wife doesn't have access to this forum because after reading the replies she will be mad at you for the period she's in Nigeria with you.

I am sorry to say this, you gave your wife the wrong advice ever by telling her to go to Nigeria to renew her visa. She should have just gone to Mexico or Canada to renew her visa if needed.

She should know better since she is in the US. What happened to the international student office in her school?. They would have just helped her extend her stay by giving her new I-20 and there would not have been an issue. With this, it solves the problem except if she wanna leave the US, that is when she needs to renew her visa.

International student advisor is in the best position to advise your spouse and not you, Mr. Husband. You just mess the whole situation up. I will advise she contact the international student office, they should be able to advise her better. I hope she gets this resolved asap.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amb001: 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2019
Wat is the process of reapplying for interview after being denied a visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BamiOrims: 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2019
Found this on part 13 thread. Might be helpful

First, you need to decide on the course you want to study, To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I created https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0

As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.

Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall 2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not, good for you.

If you have any question, drop it here and you should get more than one good answer.
For every Engineering graduate school prospect coming here to ask for school suggestions, who does not have access to US news ranking, this spreadsheet might save you some stress. It has all the 2017 ranking of Engineering schools. It wont take you more than a week to start sending emails, perusing each school website to see which one of them you have chances of getting into and which one meets your goals and aspirations.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKmQy59LeEpUW5tbEZhRHJmR1U/view?usp=sharing

And I cant reply every pms again please, the busy season is here , below you will find a good SOP you can use as guide and ebook
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKmQy59LeEpZ2Y3bnk2Vlh4ekM0dy13VERhWDNpY2FGLVRV/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKmQy59LeEpQ0VGeFVSd0l1eUJyMUJvQ0V3cW1oeDhmZ3J3/view?usp=sharing

14 Likes 9 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2019
fairheart:
That is what we are saying. You all now see coming to Nigeria after being in the US as a mistake. This is her country, for goodness sake. Stop making it seem like she was asked to come to hell and that life is over or that she cannot go to the US again.

who country epp..........

sadly the bold is a very big possibility. a friend of mine had her baby 12 years ago paying with Medicare when the issues was not even enforced like today. Till now the Embassy has refused to renew or give her another chance at b1b2 . Someone else i know went to Nigeria and f1 extenstuon was denied , nothing else was able to resolve it despite so many effort . She had to work with her school to complete the semester virtually .

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lexychuks(m): 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2019
Please is it compulsory to upload photo after filling the DS 160 form? Can't one bring a passport on the interview date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nehemiah77: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2019
Flaame:
congrats, first attempt? What level?

First attempt. Msc

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.