Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361715 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:26am On Jun 28, 2019
Porpor:
Lol, I'm not even a newbie...just that I'm unable to access my former account. I am very familiar with Aji's moniker and I was shocked he could do that. I respect him more now, seeing that he has done the needful.
Yeah..I later figured he apologized..so I replied to his 'newbie take a chill pill' courteously.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ubigurl: 9:30am On Jun 28, 2019
Good day all, please my visa was denied on the 18th of June and I need to reapply as soon as possible I just need to know the available date, I understand Available dates for me will be different from freshers.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Porpor: 9:34am On Jun 28, 2019
ubigurl:
Good day all, please my visa was denied on the 18th of June and I need to reapply as soon as possible I just need to know the available date, I understand Available dates for me will be different from freshers.
Except you are certain why your previous application was denied and has taken the necessary steps to address the lapse(s), don't reapply in a hurry until you have carried a postmortem of your last outing. You may like to post your interview transcript for reviews. Regards.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:44am On Jun 28, 2019
ubigurl:
I know someone that was previously denied that rescheduled her appointment from early Aug to July 30 this morn..don't know if the date is still available.
Abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 10:49am On Jun 28, 2019
Good morning guys
Who wouldn’t mind giving me a mock interview, my interview date is coming close

Cheers and thanks in anticipation
My dm’s Are open
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 10:50am On Jun 28, 2019
Hmmm
sharwama:

Congratulations on achieving this feat. Cheers to more success stories grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Porpor: 10:52am On Jun 28, 2019
Wretch32:
Good morning guys
Who wouldn’t mind giving me a mock interview, my interview date is coming close

Cheers and thanks in anticipation
My dm’s Are open
I heard they are charging 10k. I will only take 9999 which is cheaper.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Senatorbee(m): 10:59am On Jun 28, 2019
Please help critisize my proposed transcript

Transcript

V.O- Where/Why are you going to in the U.S

To pursue a masters degree in criminal justice/safty studies at Henry C Lee college of criminal justice, University of New Haven, West Haven, Connecticut

V.O- Why this degree

There are many criminals out there whose target are YOU and I and I want to contribute everything I can to stop these, with respect to my career plan which is to be a crime analyst for the anti- Robbery and Kidnapping Department of the Nigeria police force, a masters in criminal Justice or closely related discipline is a core requirement.
Knowing fully that field operatives would rely on the information I provide in other to apprehend criminals these program will also improve my mental understanding about crime but also equip me with basic skill required to carryout my task as a crime analyst For the Nigeria police force

V.O-5 How many schools did you apply to

University of New Haven conneticut, Grand valley state university Michigan, Lewis university illinois and University of North Texas

V.O- How many admit you got

3 admit and one pending

V.O- Why UNH

My choice of institution was based on the availability of active or retired security personnel who are now lecturers, fortunately for me the faculty at UNH comprises of active and retired security personnel including Professor Emeritus Tafoya, whom I will be researching with Being my long standing opinion that GIS can be used to manage Robbery and kidnapping in Nigeria
Thus professor Emeritus Tafoya Research on how GIS (Geographical information System) can be used to manage bank robbery and Kidnapping influence my choice for UNH
I also got a 30% merit dean scholarship
UNH also has the second largest criminal justice faculty in the United State

V.O- Did you write any standardized test

Yes IELTS and I score 6.0
GRE was not required

V.O- Who is sponsoring you
My Uncle

V.O- Why?

He sponsored my degree program at EKSU and has promised to sponsor me upto masters level

V.O- Are you Married

Yes Happily Married

V.O- How many kids

1 beautiful daughter

V.O- When did you graduate and what have you been doing

I graduated in October 2017 after which I have been working at *********** Security Company Limited as security personnel and later admininistrative officer

V.O: What are your plans after studies

I will be returning to Nigeria to work with the Nigeria police force as a crime analyst

V.O- What are your course description

I am required to take 33-36 credit to obtain my master in criminal Justice
Courses required are
CJST 6601- Mental health, law and criminal Justice
CJST 6605- Theories of Criminal Behavior
CJST 6611- Research method in criminal Justice
CJST 6613- quantitative applications in criminal justice
CJST 6637- Criminal justice policy
CJST 6697- Thesis 1
CJST 6698- Thesis 2

V.O- How did you heard about UNH

I first heard of UNH from the presenter of Crime Fighter my favorite crime Exposition Television program, He spoke about the greatness of the faculty after which I decided to research more on it using U.S News,Best Police School and Best College Schools.
They all shower great accolade on the school ranking it among the best 20 Criminal Justice program

Pls help me vet it and make necessary

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2019
Porpor:
I heard they are charging 10k. I will only take 9999 which is cheaper.
LOL grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by stripes16(f): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2019
Yes
Kay100:
Previously refused?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ellakemzy: 11:49am On Jun 28, 2019
Good day Everyone..Testimony time. Sorry this is coming late.

Visa Approved
19th June 2019
7:30am appointment
Abuja.

That fateful day, I got to the embassy at 6am my interview was for 7:30am..waited outside for about an hour in my taxi..About 7:03am people started lining up at the front of the embassy, I ran to join the queue. I was among the first 25 people. The normal process started, all the different check points passed it was now time for the interviews. So it was just three people conducting the interviews on windows 6,7 and 8. Window 6 was a white lady in a late 40s I think,the lady was drilling people Seriously (asking where you worked, what you earn, when will you graduate, how much is the tuition and all the normal stuff)and dashing out rejections. Window 7 with a white man in his late 30s ,he was a bit more lenient, gave rejections too buh better than window 6. Then window 8 a white old man in his 60s if not older, the man was slow buh he was given approval to everyone going to him. That was the window I was praying to go to...

It was now my turn, I got interviewed by the white guy at window 7

Vo:Good Morning ( as if he was rushing to say it first)
Me: Good morning (smiling)

Vo: please pass me your i20 and your passport
Me: did so
Vo: thank you for passing me your documents (weird)

Vo: After looking at the i20 for a few seconds...Have you been to the US before?
Me: No, I have not had a reason to

Vo: looking at his Computer and typing...Why University of Central Missouri
Me: I chose the University of central Missouri because the school offers...(he cuts me off)

Vo: How many schools did you apply to
Me : 3 schools, University of central Missouri, University of Maryland, University of Idaho

Vo: Any other admit?
Me yea University of Maryland

Vo: so why not Maryland?
Me: Because they came me admission for MS Telecommunications (because he could ask another question I explained further) So I applied for Ms Computer Science and months later I got an email that the competition for MS Computer Science was tough that they will not be given me admission BUT I can transfer my admission to MS Telecommunications if I want to without having to pay for another application fee..that I did but they is not what I want.

Vo: ok (nodding and typing) who is sponsoring for this?
Me: Family....my brother in law

Vo: Was he part of your undergraduate education?
Me : Yes

Vo: What does he do?
Me : He is a successful businessman. He has( he cuts me off again)

Vo: do you have any proof to sure like bank statement or..
Me: I have his bank statement

Vo: can I have it?
Me: passed it to him

Vo: after looking at the bank statement for a few secs..Who is Mr Tola *****
Me: My Brother in law

Vo: I'll will put you on administrative processing..we will check to make sure the bank statement are authentic and if it's not you will be banned from the US.. Do you still want to proceed ?
Me: yes please
Vo: hands over the yellow paper and the white paper and said have a great stay..
Me: smiling my 32 teeth...thank you very much

My bank statement had about 7 million plus in it. My tuition and living expenses is $18,547. I went home rejoicing because I know my bank statement was real so there was no cause for alarm. I went online to check my status on Tuesday the 25th of June to see that my Visa has be issued..

I want to thank God for the smooth interview. And also everyone on this forum.the advice,the transcripts, everything here was really helpful.Thanks guys I appreciate .Also Mr H, he helped a lot, conducting mock interviews for me, advising me on how to go about answering interviews.Your testimony is on the way.Thank you very much

A few advice I would give is firstly smile..it helps and also be confident (it's ok to be scared but don't let them see it)...do your homework( research, know everything you need to know) A girl before me that was interviewed was asked when she would graduate ( she was going for MS ) and she said 2020(next year?) The Vo was even asking her is it 2020 or 2021 ..she still said 2020..and the next thing was rejection.

Now to my questions...
1. Please is there anybody that is going to Missouri this August.PM please
2. Or maybe you know somebody that is already in University of central Missouri..to assist me with accommodation I would really appreciate
3: what is the cheapest way to get to Missouri( which flights would you suggest..
Thank you...

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mudicua: 11:56am On Jun 28, 2019
How could you do this? like seriously why? Why did you omit my name from one of those who went to the Royal embassy?
You know how we do it na....
cheesy cheesy cheesy

dreambound:

LOL...I and Sharwarma went to the Royal Embassy..they don't request those from Kings and Queens...they just greet us, stamp our passports with the Royal Ink, and return it to us when the Royal Ink dries grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 11:58am On Jun 28, 2019
Ellakemzy:

Visa Approved
19th June 2019
Abuja.

That fateful day, I got to the embassy at 6am my interview was for 7:30am..waited outside for about an hour in my taxi..About 7:03am people started lining up at the front of the embassy, I ran to join the queue. I

was among the first 25 people. The normal process started, all the different check points passed it was now time for the interviews. So it was just three people conducting the interviews on windows 6,7 and 8. Window 6 was a white lady in a late 40s I think,the lady was drilling people Seriously (asking where you worked, what you earn, when will you graduate, how much is the tuition and all the normal stuff)and dashing out rejections. Window 7 with a white man in his late 30s ,he was a bit more lenient, gave rejections too buh better than window 6. Then window 8 a white old man in his 60s if not older, the man was slow buh he was given approval to everyone going to him. That was the window I was praying to go to...

Vo: After looking at the i20 for a few seconds...Have you been to the US before?

Me: I chose the University of central Missouri because the school offers...(he cuts me off)

Me : 3 schools, University of central Missouri, University of Maryland, University of Idaho

Me: Because they came me admission for MS Telecommunications (because he could ask another question I explained further) So I applied for Ms Computer Science and months later I got an email that the competition for MS Computer Science was tough that they will not be given me admission BUT I can transfer my admission to MS Telecommunications if I want to without having to pay for another application fee..that I did but they is not what I want.

Vo: I'll will put you on administrative processing..we will check to make sure the bank statement are authentic and if it's not you will be banned from the US.. Do you still want to proceed ?
Vo: hands over the yellow paper and the white paper and said have a great stay..

My bank statement had about 7 million plus in it. My tuition and living expenses is $18,547. I went home rejoicing because I know my bank statement was real so there was no cause for alarm. I went online to check my status on Tuesday the 25th of June to see that my Visa has be issued..

I want to thank God for the smooth interview. And also everyone on this forum.the advice,the transcripts, everything here was really helpful.Thanks guys I appreciate .Also Mr H, he helped a lot, conducting mock interviews for me, advising me on how to go about answering interviews.Your testimony is on the way.Thank you very much

A few advice I would give is firstly smile..it helps and also be confident (it's ok to be scared but don't let them see it)...do your homework( research, know everything you need to know) A girl before me that was interviewed was asked when she would graduate ( she was going for MS ) and she said 2020(next year?) The Vo was even asking her is it 2020 or 2021 ..she still said 2020..and the next thing was rejection.

Now to my questions...
2. Or maybe you know somebody that is already in University of central Missouri..to assist me with accommodation I would really appreciate
3: what is the cheapest way to get to Missouri( which flights would you suggest..
Thank you...

Congratulations, do u have funding? Partial or full?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2019
Congrats

Ellakemzy:

Visa Approved
19th June 2019
Abuja.

That fateful day, I got to the embassy at 6am my interview was for 7:30am..waited outside for about an hour in my taxi..About 7:03am people started lining up at the front of the embassy, I ran to join the queue. I was among the first 25 people. The normal process started, all the different check points passed it was now time for the interviews. So it was just three people conducting the interviews on windows 6,7 and 8. Window 6 was a white lady in a late 40s I think,the lady was drilling people Seriously (asking where you worked, what you earn, when will you graduate, how much is the tuition and all the normal stuff)and dashing out rejections. Window 7 with a white man in his late 30s ,he was a bit more lenient, gave rejections too buh better than window 6. Then window 8 a white old man in his 60s if not older, the man was slow buh he was given approval to everyone going to him. That was the window I was praying to go to...

Now to my questions...
Thank you...

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ellakemzy: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2019
No Funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kay100: 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2019
stripes16:
Yes
sorry about that but try to check Abuja embassy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2019
Ellakemzy:
No Funding
i'm also going to missouri.......i think flight should be cheaper
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Senatorbee(m): 12:53pm On Jun 28, 2019
Senatorbee:
Please help critisize my proposed transcript

Transcript

V.O- Where/Why are you going to in the U.S

To pursue a masters degree in criminal justice/safty studies at Henry C Lee college of criminal justice, University of New Haven, West Haven, Connecticut

V.O- Why this degree

There are many criminals out there whose target are YOU and I and I want to contribute everything I can to stop these, with respect to my career plan which is to be a crime analyst for the anti- Robbery and Kidnapping Department of the Nigeria police force, a masters in criminal Justice or closely related discipline is a core requirement.
Knowing fully that field operatives would rely on the information I provide in other to apprehend criminals these program will also improve my mental understanding about crime but also equip me with basic skill required to carryout my task as a crime analyst For the Nigeria police force

V.O-5 How many schools did you apply to

University of New Haven conneticut, Grand valley state university Michigan, Lewis university illinois and University of North Texas

V.O- How many admit you got

3 admit and one pending

V.O- Why UNH

My choice of institution was based on the availability of active or retired security personnel who are now lecturers, fortunately for me the faculty at UNH comprises of active and retired security personnel including Professor Emeritus Tafoya, whom I will be researching with Being my long standing opinion that GIS can be used to manage Robbery and kidnapping in Nigeria
Thus professor Emeritus Tafoya Research on how GIS (Geographical information System) can be used to manage bank robbery and Kidnapping influence my choice for UNH
I also got a 30% merit dean scholarship
UNH also has the second largest criminal justice faculty in the United State

V.O- Did you write any standardized test

Yes IELTS and I score 6.0
GRE was not required

V.O- Who is sponsoring you
My Uncle

V.O- Why?

He sponsored my degree program at EKSU and has promised to sponsor me upto masters level

V.O- Are you Married

Yes Happily Married

V.O- How many kids

1 beautiful daughter

V.O- When did you graduate and what have you been doing

I graduated in October 2017 after which I have been working at *********** Security Company Limited as security personnel and later admininistrative officer

V.O: What are your plans after studies

I will be returning to Nigeria to work with the Nigeria police force as a crime analyst

V.O- What are your course description

I am required to take 33-36 credit to obtain my master in criminal Justice
Courses required are
CJST 6601- Mental health, law and criminal Justice
CJST 6605- Theories of Criminal Behavior
CJST 6611- Research method in criminal Justice
CJST 6613- quantitative applications in criminal justice
CJST 6637- Criminal justice policy
CJST 6697- Thesis 1
CJST 6698- Thesis 2

V.O- How did you heard about UNH

I first heard of UNH from the presenter of Crime Fighter my favorite crime Exposition Television program, He spoke about the greatness of the faculty after which I decided to research more on it using U.S News,Best Police School and Best College Schools.
They all shower great accolade on the school ranking it among the best 20 Criminal Justice program

Pls help me vet it and make necessary
Please I need criticism
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kay100: 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2019
Ellakemzy:

Visa Approved
19th June 2019
Abuja.

Now to my questions...
Thank you...

Congratulations!!!...Go to America and excel IJN!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 1:11pm On Jun 28, 2019
Congrats.
Ellakemzy:

Visa Approved
19th June 2019
Abuja.

Now to my questions...
Thank you...

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Senatorbee(m): 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2019
fairheart:
PM for mock. I am free this evening. Willing and ready to take anybody on mock. FREE! grin grin grin grin
Have mailed you my transcript
Pls I need you to take me for mock interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by francophone134: 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2019
Pls and pls i need all GRE materials for my forthcoming GRE exams. Kaplan would also be highly appreciated if anyone has. Thanks and God bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by francophone134: 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2019
Pls and pls i need all GRE materials for my forthcoming GRE exams. Kaplan would also be highly appreciated if anyone has. Thanks and God bless. Email is omhonriakelvin@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MEE101: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hello All,

Great job you are all doing. I know this is for US Student visa but I have a question regarding the B1/B2 visa. I am trying to schedule a visa interview for my family (wife and 2 son's). Myself and my daughter already have visas. However, the closest interview date I can see is November 3rd. Please can you advise how people are able to get closer dates?

Thank You
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2019
Mudicua:
How could you do this? like seriously why? Why did you omit my name from one of those who went to the Royal embassy?
You know how we do it na....
cheesy cheesy cheesy

LMAO grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 28, 2019
I was interviewed by the same guy... Though still on AP, your transcript gives me more comfort and belive that am next to share my testimony....

Ellakemzy:

Visa Approved
19th June 2019
Abuja.

Now to my questions...
Thank you...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hustla(m): 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2019
WHY DO THEY PUT PEOPLE ON AP ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2019
hustla:
WHY DO THEY PUT PEOPLE ON AP ?
Administrative Processing is like an additional screening of ones documents or application, for a case that needs further justice.
They may be checking the aunthenticity of bank statements, requesting for additional documents for review, e.t.c
Those that get their visas issued immediately also go through the necessary administrative processing for a day or more, before their case gets updated to issued on the ceac.gov site.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hustla(m): 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2019
dreambound:

Administrative Processing is like an additional screening of ones documents or application, for a case that needs further justice.
They may be checking the aunthenticity of bank statements, requesting for additional documents for review, e.t.c
Those that get their visas issued immediately also go through the necessary administrative processing for a day or more, before their case gets updated to issued on the ceac.gov site.

But in the other case, they don't ask to verify their statements, no?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MEE101: 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2019
MEE101:
Hello All,

Great job you are all doing. I know this is for US Student visa but I have a question regarding the B1/B2 visa. I am trying to schedule a visa interview for my family (wife and 2 son's). Myself and my daughter already have visas. However, the closest interview date I can see is November 3rd. Please can you advise how people are able to get closer dates?

Thank You

HELLLPPPP PLLLEEAASSEEEE

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.