Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356213 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2019
Dude take TOEFL again and aim for 100-110.
Tella26:
Hi guys,
I am new in this place and I want you to please help in making suggestions for good schools for fall 2020.
Undergraduate: Obafemi Awolowo University (O
OAU) . Electronic/Electrical Engineering. GPA (4.63/5.00) Toefl (80) GRE (Not yet taking).

Proposed US School:
University of Houston, Texas Tech University and University of Florida.
Program: MSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering. (Possibly Computer Science).

based on the Toefl score, I saw 79 or 80 as their minimum scores. Though I know it also depend on their acceptance rate. And I am thinking of using that score like that please is this a good choice Including Universities? Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by damsel143: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2019
Pls I need GRE too. How do I get it ?

fairheart:
Congrats to those who are recently approved.

I get one small advice for those of you on GA, GTA, GRA and undergrads with full-ride scholarship. I will drop it as soon as I settle down. It will definitely help those of you who wish to get your H1B after graduation. I believe it is worth sharing, and as no advice is useless.

I have sent the GRE materials to all who asked.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tella26: 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2019
waynee2baba:
Dude take TOEFL again and aim for 100-110.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2019
damsel143:

Shawarma, congratulations, I'll be glad if we can connect. I've sent you an email on nairaland.

Yeah, I replied you but I just don't know what we will be doing after we "connect", adim baffled.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 8:36pm On Aug 10, 2019
sharwama:

Yeah, I replied you but I just don't know what we will be doing after we "connect", adim baffled.
Lol
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bassmana: 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2019
Lmao...
sharwama:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Manofjustice: 10:39pm On Aug 10, 2019
Goood evening house,am new here..please I want to know if Cleveland state university is a red flag. Sorry for disturbing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 10:41pm On Aug 10, 2019
Manofjustice:
Goood evening house,am new here..please I want to know if Cleveland state university is a red flag. Sorry for disturbing

no
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BuBuWonder1: 11:16pm On Aug 10, 2019
What's advisable to do when placed on AP and school resumption is in about a week?

yuscodguy:

You will get it, it sometimes get longer than expected.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 3:58am On Aug 11, 2019
BuBuWonder1:
What's advisable to do when placed on AP and school resumption is in about a week?

inform your school, that's all you can do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Manofjustice: 7:23am On Aug 11, 2019
Time2win:

no
Thanks bro ❤️❤️
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bidemi1190: 7:33am On Aug 11, 2019
Fairheart please update us
fairheart:
Congrats to those who are recently approved.

I get one small advice for those of you on GA, GTA, GRA and undergrads with full-ride scholarship. I will drop it as soon as I settle down. It will definitely help those of you who wish to get your *** after graduation. I believe it is worth sharing, and as no advice is useless.

I have sent the GRE materials to all who asked.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by folmus: 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2019
Tella26:
Hi guys,
I am new in this place and I want you to please help in making suggestions for good schools for fall 2020.
Undergraduate: Obafemi Awolowo University (O
OAU) . Electronic/Electrical Engineering. GPA (4.63/5.00) Toefl (80) GRE (Not yet taking).

Proposed US School:
University of Houston, Texas Tech University and University of Florida.
Program: MSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering. (Possibly Computer Science).

based on the Toefl score, I saw 79 or 80 as their minimum scores. Though I know it also depend on their acceptance rate. And I am thinking of using that score like that please is this a good choice Including Universities? Thanks

Check your prospective schools for minimum TOEFL requirement: most universities require 79 minimum for graduate studies. TOEFL is not used to give any funding but to measure your proficiency requirement. So if you meet the minimum, don't waste money writing another.

The most important is your GRE score. Aim for a very high score.

Good luck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Onyedika11(m): 12:04pm On Aug 11, 2019
Is someone willing to share Magoosh account for TOEFL with me? Was given by BY Mafit but I can't login
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dwilliams707: 1:33pm On Aug 11, 2019
Thanose:
Good evening House

I'll be dropping my transcript soon

I need advices though
I did my interview at Abuja and it was approved
But I put Lagos as the receiving end for my passport

Is it safe to travel back to Lagos today or wait in Abuja...

Will my filling Lagos as the receiving location for my passport be granted or I just stay in Abuja

Bro how can I reach you,need to ask you Somethings,sent you a message here,no reply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by victree007(m): 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2019
Onyedika11:
I have done that since two weeks ago, no good response from them, they only told me that the person they gave the account before changed the login details that they are going to rectify it but nothing has been done
Ouch. Sorry about that. In the meantime you can follow Mondays With Niel on YouTube with other study materials being shared by @fairheart. You should be fine.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Onyedika11(m): 3:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
Thank you, so much!
victree007:

Ouch. Sorry about that. In the meantime you can follow Mondays With Niel on YouTube with other study materials being shared by @fairheart. You should be fine.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hyfr(m): 4:30pm On Aug 11, 2019
Oga fairheart, top of the evening. Hope you're settled now? We are waiting willingly for your message

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tella26: 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2019
folmus:

Check your prospective schools for minimum TOEFL requirement: most universities require 79 minimum for graduate studies. TOEFL is not used to give any funding but to measure your proficiency requirement. So if you meet the minimum, don't waste money writing another.

The most important is your GRE score. Aim for a very high score.

Good luck!
ooh Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 5:23pm On Aug 11, 2019
Onyedika11:
I have done that since two weeks ago, no good response from them, they only told me that the person they gave the account before changed the login details that they are going to rectify it but nothing has been done
This happened to me too, like I only used my Magoosh for GRE and TOEFL for barely two weeks and I got denied access. Shebi dem say na one month access you go get, Upe! I shaaa wrote to B.Y MAFIT, I bombarded them with calls, still dem no shake body, dem no fear God for once!
Las las , I enter exam hall and I still samankwe the questions. No let this one disturb you, work with the materials at your disposal, give it your all. The joy of seeing your beautiful scores, the joy of securing mad funding and visa approval will be worth the pain and sacrifice, I swear down!
I wish you well my friend.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Onyedika11(m): 7:53pm On Aug 11, 2019
Thank you Dear❤
sharwama:

This happened to me too, like I only used my Magoosh for GRE and TOEFL for barely two weeks and I got denied access. Shebi dem say na one month access you go get, Upe! I shaaa wrote to B.Y MAFIT, I bombarded them with calls, still dem no shake body, dem no fear God for once!
Las las , I enter exam hall and I still samankwe the questions. No let this one disturb you, work with the materials at your disposal, give it your all. The joy of seeing your beautiful scores, the joy of securing mad funding and visa approval will be worth the pain and sacrifice, I swear down!
I wish you well my friend.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frostsc: 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2019
Onyedika11:
Is someone willing to share Magoosh account for TOEFL with me? Was given by BY Mafit but I can't login

I just checked with someone and the person still has access to his magoosh from B.Y Mafit. From experience though they just say 1 month. They dont usually cut people off. Are you sure you are entering the right details? Or you try it again. It may have been fixed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Onyedika11(m): 9:59pm On Aug 11, 2019
The problem ain't from me because they acknowledged it themselves.
frostsc:

I just checked with someone and the person still has access to his magoosh from B.Y Mafit. From experience though they just say 1 month. They dont usually cut people off. Are you sure you are entering the right details? Or you try it again. It may have been fixed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sosao(f): 11:20pm On Aug 11, 2019
School resumes 19th
On Ap since 17th July .....

I have no idea what to do anymore
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mzhorlah(f): 2:28am On Aug 12, 2019
JSnw:
BGSU spring and fall 2020 applicants let's meet
Hello grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pronto543(m): 4:19am On Aug 12, 2019
Hi friends,

Please I need help in transferring money from my GTB account in Nigeria to my USA bank account.

I misplaced my ATM while in transit and do not operate online banking. What options do I have available?

Has anyone been in this dilemma before or knows someone with similar experience that could help me out. It really urgent! Thank you, I eagerly await suggestions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by yuscodguy(m): 4:39am On Aug 12, 2019
BuBuWonder1:

Inform your school and request for extension letter so as to allow you to resume late.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by yuscodguy(m): 4:40am On Aug 12, 2019
pronto543:
Hi friends,
Please I need help in transferring money from my GTB account in Nigeria to my USA bank account.

I misplaced my ATM while in transit and do not operate online banking. What options do I have available.

Has anyone being in this dilemma before or knows someone with similar experience that could help me out. It really urgent! Thank you, I eagerly await suggestions.

Call your bank customers care and setup your online account, a friend did something like that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheNoble007(m): 5:33am On Aug 12, 2019
Sosao:
School resumes 19th
On Ap since 17th July .....

I have no idea what to do anymore

I feel for you my dear... The only thing you can do now is to request for a late arrival letter from your department or the DSO of your school.. Are you a christian? If yes, I will advice you to make a request of this from our Heavenly Father through Jesus Christ. Despite the fact that I am a scientist, I reverence God and acknowledge His might. Peace be unto your soul..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.