Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1359161 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Timi1990(m): 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

As if it hasn't started sef. Try applying for admission in any Australian university, once you put your nationality as Nigerian, you can't proceed. You'd be asked to contact an agent. An agent that would charge 200k+ to proceed.. this is bullsh*t meehn.

When our fellow brothers are engaging in scam all over the US ; I just hope they don’t place Nigeria on travel ban soon . cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 5:32pm On Aug 23, 2019
Timi1990:

When our fellow brothers are engaging in scam all over the US ; I just hope they don’t place Nigeria on travel ban soon . cry

If things continue this way (The Marlians) - Before 2022, they might place Nigerians on a travel ban or the process will be extremely difficult. The truth is to find way and jakpa now if you've got plans of migrating in future.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dheee(f): 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2019
Request an extension letter from the DSO and try contacting the embassy again.
Oguibe2nice:

54 days on AP.. Last updated a day after interview.. School starting on Monday (26th August).. Texas Southern University..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

As if it hasn't started sef. Try applying for admission in any Australian university, once you put your nationality as Nigerian, you can't proceed. You'd be asked to contact an agent. An agent that would charge 200k+ to proceed.. this is bullsh*t meehn.

We are to blame. No country is obliged to treat us any better than we treat ourselves. And why is it their responsibility to give us decent education?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 5:57pm On Aug 23, 2019
TWoods:

We are to blame. No country is obliged to treat us any better than we treat ourselves. And why is it their responsibility to give us decent education?

See this guy o
You're talking like I'm going to study for free.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

See this guy o
You're talking like I'm going to study for free.

Your warped sense of entitlement is baffling. Just because you’re paying doesn’t mean they owe you an education. You can easily get that same education in your home country, I don’t think Australia would be any worse of because you didn’t pay fees to them.

Obinwanne Okeke also paid school fees in Australia.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
TWoods:

Your warped sense of entitlement is baffling. Just because you’re paying doesn’t mean they owe you an education. You can easily get that same education in your home country, I don’t think Australia would be any worse of because you didn’t pay fees to them.

Obinwanne Okeke also paid school fees in Australia.

So in essence, the good ones should suffer because of the bad eggs? The whites that carried out slave trade and contributed to this our present day crisis, why ain't they suffering the consequences? Our forefathers contributed their own quota in building the foundation they have today. Bruv, I don't even want to delve into history. The point is... one can implement a way for the good and genuine ones to have a chance.

E.g The SDS programme/initiative for Canada applicants from India. Why can't it be implemented in Nigeria too? We shouldn't pay for the sins of others!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

So in essence, the good ones should suffer because of the bad eggs? The whites that carried out slave trade and contributed to this our present day crisis, why ain't they suffering the consequences? Our forefathers contributed their own quota in building the foundation they have today. Bruv, I don't even want to delve into history. The point is... one can implement a way for the good and genuine ones to have a chance.

E.g The SDS programme/initiative for Canada applicants from India. Why can't it be implemented in Nigeria too? We shouldn't pay for the sins of others!

I don’t recall Australia being involved in the slave trade. Even if they were, Nigeria has been independent for almost 60 years, why do you think it is the responsibility of modern day Australians or Canadians to take you in? You have your country they have theirs.

Why should Canada implement anything to take Nigerians in? This is not about paying for the sins of anyone, it’s about fixing your own country. When even moderate Americans like my wife are starting to complain and request canceling birthright citizenship and tighter borders, you know there is trouble on the horizon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 6:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
TWoods:

I don’t recall Australia being involved in the slave trade. Even if they were, Nigeria has been independent for almost 60 years, why do you think it is the responsibility of modern day Australians or Canadians to take you in? You have your country they have theirs.

Why should Canada implement anything to take Nigerians in? This is not about paying for the sins of anyone, it’s about fixing your own country. When even moderate Americans like my wife are starting to complain and request canceling birthright citizenship and tighter borders, you know there is trouble on the horizon.

You wouldn't be calling for the bolded above if you weren't a citizen. This simply shows selfishness and self-centeredness.

22 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
TWoods:

Why did you run to America with your wife? Why didn't both of you stay back and fix Nigeria?

15 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

You wouldn't be calling for the bolded above if you weren't a citizen. This simply shows selfishness and self-centeredness.

My wife is American several generations removed. I think she has a right to vote her conscience. If selfishness means protecting her country from economic refugees who don’t make it any better, so be it.

Look at the front page news today and weep.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

Why did you run to America with your wife? Why didn't both of you stay back and fix Nigeria?

Not everybody wishes to waste their time trying to make the incorrigible see reason. Even on these pages, no one wants to be told not to cut corners.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2019
TWoods:

Not everybody wishes to waste their time trying to make the incorrigible see reason. Even on these pages, no one wants to be told not to cut corners.

You actually have no point. Take several seats

19 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dwilliams707: 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2019
TWoods:

Dude you couldn’t answer a simple question?

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2019
TWoods:

My wife is American several generations removed. I think she has a right to vote her conscience. If selfishness means protecting her country from economic refugees who don’t make it any better, so be it.

Look at the front page news today and weep.

Tightening the borders means making it hard for genuine and talented immigrants to come in and contribute positively to the society. Maybe the first step your patriotic wife would have taken was refusing to marry to an immigrant like you. She should have advised you to return back to your home country to fix things.

Shey you think say you wise? undecided

32 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

You actually have no point. Take several sits

Neither do you. As is typical, when you run out of excuses, you resort to ad hominem... and you wonder why no one wants you in the countries they built with their sweat and blood...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dwilliams707: 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
TooMuchGrace:
Good day everyone, silent reader grin
Interview 22/8
Denied 29/7
Visa approved on 22/8
Visa issued on 23/8.

Deferred admission to Spring 2020 cause at the time of reapplication, there wasn’t a date in August.
No standardized test(school/course didn’t require one) or English proficiency (was waived by the school) exams taken
Window 10, Abuja US Embassy

V.o : Good morning
Me: good morning

Vo: so what’s the purpose of your trip
Me: going for my MPA at UIS(in full though)

Vo: oh forgive me, I have your i20 I dunno why I asked
Me: smiles*, that’s okay

Vo: I see your resumption is in January
Me: Yes (I wanted to explain why I had to defer and reschedule to this month but I didn’t)

Vo: so what’s your highest degree
Me: A B.L (Barrister at Law)

Vo: when was it obtained and where
Me: told him.

Vo: so how many school did you apply to
Me: 3

Vo: how many admits
Me: 2

Vo: which
Me: UIS and AU

Vo: so why this school
Me: Well My 3 top reasons for picking UIS over AU, one, the school is situate at the state capital which is the hub of policy making for the state of Illinois, which brings me to my second reason, there is a program called the Illinois legislative staff internship program which would allow me...(cuts in)

Vo: smiles* I think I understand already. So tell me, you’ve read law, why MPA now?
Me: uhmm, from my undergraduate studies till now that I am in practice, I have come to realize that it is not just enough to make or interpret laws/policies, one major problem of this process is implementation! legal skills alone are barely adequate to help solve such contemporary problem. They are so many laws/policies that are being made everyday but never implemented, for example, the national minimum wage Act which was passed into law months ago, is yet to be implemented.
(I paused to be sure he was paying me attention)

Vo: (looks at me and signaled that I carry on)
Me: A degree in MPA would help me conceptualize and interpret both existing and future laws as well as it’s implementation in accordance to risk and uncertainty. Also to help examine to what extent in devising and executing a policy affects the overall shape and impact of such policy on the categories of persons it is made for or the citizens as a whole. This is important because at the end of my program I’d like to work with the National Institute of Legislative studies, an organ of the NA, they provide the same service that the Congressional research service provides the US Congress and ...(cuts in)

Vo: smiles* I think that’s fine. How many siblings do you have? What does your older sibling do?
Me: I have 2 sisters and I am actually the first

Vo: Okay, so where does your dad work? He is sponsoring you, right?
Me: No, he is not. My uncle is.

Vo: what does he do?
Me: he is a legal practitioner and also a SAN(in full)
Vo: where does he live?
Me: ***Abuja

Vo: Okay, can I see his bank statement?
Me: yes, sure (hands it over)

Vo: (types for 5mins or less) so I’ll be giving you a conditional approval, this is because we need to verify the authenticity of the bank statement. If it is found to be fraudulent, you’d be banned from the US for life. Do you want me to go ahead?
Me: yes sure.
Vo: (hands me the white paper and a white slip) congratulations....I can’t remember exactly what he said after that.

Thank you to everyone who contributes to the platform by dropping their transcripts, helping to answer questions, to help others with proposed transcripts, encouraging others etc, God bless you.
Sharwama, LagosismyHome, Time2win, Brown2Green I remember these names because I always look forward to reading their inputs and very detailed responses. God bless you all. God did it!

Happy for you!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

Tightening the borders means making it hard for genuine and talented immigrants to come in and contribute positively to the society. Maybe the first step your patriotic wife would have taken was refusing to marry to an immigrant like you. She should have advised you to return back to your home country to fix things.

Shey you think say you wise? undecided

Explain why you think you have a right to come in and contribute “positively” to American or Australian society. 80 Nigerians were just arrested for massive fraud yesterday... is that your idea of your “positive” contribution?

America was successful before you, it doesn’t need your contribution. You should channel that to your homeland which is desperately in need of help.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2019
dwilliams707:

Dude you couldn’t answer a simple question?

Why did you think you deserve one?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2019
TWoods:

Neither do you. As is typical, when you run out of excuses, you resort to ad hominem... and you wonder why no one wants you in the countries they built with their sweat and blood...

You mean our sweat and blood?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 6:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

You mean our sweat and blood?

Huh? How?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
TWoods:

Explain why you think you have a right to come in and contribute “positively” to American or Australian society. 80 Nigerians were just arrested for massive fraud yesterday... is that your idea of your “positive” contribution?

America was successful before you, it doesn’t need your contribution. You should channel that to your homeland which is desperately in need of help.

Why didn't you do the same? Instead you ran away to get married to a so-called "patriotic" American that should have advised you to come back and fix your country.

PRACTISE WHAT YOU PREACH!

21 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

Why didn't you do the same? Instead you ran away to get married to a so-called "patriotic" American that should have advised you to come back and fix your country.

PRACTISE WHAT YOU PREACH!

More ad hominem to cover for your intellectual inadequacy. Stay home and fix your country. Folks like you, with your unbridled and unearned sense of entitlement and hubris are why Nigeria is what it is today. As long as it remains that way, I’ll be wishing you good luck from my deck chair here... far away from your culture of nauseating mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
TWoods:

More ad hominem to cover for your intellectual inadequacy. Stay home and fix your country. Folks like you, with your unbridled and unearned sense of entitlement and hubris are why Nigeria is what it is today. As long as it remains that way, I’ll be wishing you good luck from my deck chair here... far away from your culture of nauseating mediocrity.

You can't even answer my questions without spewing gibberish. Blowing unnecessary grammar doesn't mean you have sense. Keep being a nuisance

Peace -_-

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

You can't even answer my questions without spewing gibberish. Blowing unnecessary grammar doesn't mean you have sense. Keep being a nuisance

Peace -_-

You don’t have the grammar or smarts to have a rational discuss either. You’re simply an over entitled rabble rouser who thinks the rest of the world owes you because you breath. I ran through your post history quickly... no surprise. A confused economic refugee who’s applied everywhere from Estonia to Canada to Australia to the US and rejected everywhere... serious countries are not interested in your “positive” contribution. I guess like me, they can smell hubris a mile away.

Many of you get visas then disgrace us with FBI indictments later... every year sharing the same national origin as you weighs heavier and heavier. Disgraceful.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BikeMan: 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2019
You went ahead to marry an American, now you feel American and want Trump to ban birthright citizenship. PFFFT!! lipsrsealed

24 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 7:28pm On Aug 23, 2019
TWoods:

You don’t have the grammar or smarts to have a rational discuss either. You’re simply an over entitled rabble rouser who thinks the rest of the world owes you because you breath. I ran through your post history quickly... no surprise. A confused economic refugee who’s applied everywhere from Estonia to Canada to Australia to the US and rejected everywhere... serious countries are not interested in your “positive” contribution. I guess like me, they can smell hubris a mile away.

Lmfao I'm chilling in the UK bruv and I've never been rejected in any of the aforementioned countries. Unlike you, I can't waste my time digging into the post history of a nuisance.

To show maturity and concern for the rest of the good and genuine people of this thread, I wouldn't like to derail or go personal.

This is where I draw the curtain with you.

Bless!

32 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2019
BikeMan:
You went ahead to marry an American, now you feel American and want Trump to ban birthright citizenship. PFFFT!! lipsrsealed

Lmao bruv... some people are so selfish and self-centered. It's so disheartening. I can't even fathom

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 7:56pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

Lmfao I'm chilling in the UK bruv and I've never been rejected in any of the aforementioned countries. Unlike you, I can't waste my time digging into the post history of a nuisance.

To show maturity and concern for the rest of the good and genuine people of this thread, I wouldn't like to derail or go personal.

This is where I draw the curtain with you.

Bless!

Any reason you cant call UK home or have they denied you a stay once you’re done with school? Is it not true you’ve applied to schools in Estonia and Canada and failed to get in? Who’s deceiving who?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

Lmao bruv... some people are so selfish and self-centered. It's so disheartening. I can't even fathom

Selfish how? Are you currently not living in a country? Why do you think Americans don’t have a right to decide who enters their borders? 80 of you were indicted for crimes just yesterday... speaking of selfishness.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
BikeMan:

As long as I have the right to vote, why not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.