Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361647 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freshStarz: 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2019
Ope4Christ:

Thanks

Uwc
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frostsc: 10:39pm On Sep 25, 2019
Just checked and it's not 86k with Mafit at the moment. Don't know what is obtainable now but I prepared with their resource and we even had a group where we study till like 1am everyday. I and my friends used their resource, Magoosh, Manhattan, Kaplan, lectures etc. As I said, that has been a while but I think it's better for you to use somewhere that is tested and trusted.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Trichi1208: 10:59pm On Sep 25, 2019
jameees:

Hello , I guess you talking about University of New Haven . I had same issue then for my I 20 read Health/ health Administration instead of MPH . That didn't however affect the outcome of my interview in August.

Just don't mention anything about MPH at all. All your plans and responses should be on your new course.

Best of luck.

can i chat you up on whatsapp?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Trichi1208: 11:03pm On Sep 25, 2019
jameees:

Hello , I guess you talking about University of New Haven . I had same issue then for my I 20 read Health/ health Administration instead of MPH . That didn't however affect the outcome of my interview in August.

Just don't mention anything about MPH at all. All your plans and responses should be on your new course.

Best of luck.

can i chat with you on whatsapp?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pharmz(m): 8:52am On Sep 26, 2019
Trichi1208:

Thank you very much, i do appreciate your response...
please can i send you mails?

Ok, famartolan@yahoo.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Buksss: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2019
Hey.... good morning guys just finished my interview and I learnt a lot from this platform :
Visa approved in Lagos embassy this morning
VO: good morning
Me : hi good morning
VO: can you pls tell me why you’re going to the US ?
Me: for my masters in public health with environmental health at university of Illinois at Springfield
VO: how did you hear about the school ?
Me: I did some research with educationusa and google
VO: how many schools did you apply to ?
Me : I considered two schools but I eventually decided not apply to just UIS
VO: why?
Me : they have a graduate public service program that would provide me with two years work experience alongside my degree
VO: who is sponsoring you ?
Me: my dad
V0: what does he do
Me : owns his own company and I carefully explained what they did
VO: have you been out of Nigeria before
Me : yes , South Africa , Dubai and US
VO: then he asked what year I was in the US and how long (2014 for two months)
VO: are you married ?
Me : no
VO : any kids
VO: when do you resume ?
Me : 13 January 2020
VO: can you tell me what you plan to do with this degree long term upon graduating ?
Me: I plan to come back to Nigeria and take exams to be a certified environmental health officer , the international exposure and the internship would look really good on my resume and also on the long run I would really love to work with ngos to bring awareness to mental health and depression in Nigeria
VO; why public health with conc. In env health ?
Me: I chose this course after my internship at Nigerian breweries I worked in the health safety and risk Dept , I took serious interest and when I got bacj to school , because of my undergrad course I had to speak with a health physics professor who advised me to take electives like energy and environment , environmental physics to make the transition easy
VO: what’s your undergrad ?
Me : physics
( made me wait for then longest one minute of my life )
VO; okay I’ll be approving your visa , do you have your 40k with you ?
Me : yes
Hands me my passport and directs me to where I paid
( I just want to say a big thank you to everyone , I was a silent reader from thread one and I leant a lot , my best advise for anybody is Be confident . Just talk to yourself to calm down for 5 mins and you’ll Be good .
For those asking ;
I wrote gre , Got 300
Fees were about 35000 :
No scholarship

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freshStarz: 10:44am On Sep 26, 2019
Buksss:
Hey.... good morning guys just finished my interview and I learnt a lot from this platform :
Me : hi good morning
VO: can you pls tell me why you’re going to the US ?
Me: for my masters in public health with environmental health at university of Illinois at Springfield
VO: how did you hear about the school ?
Me: I did some research with educationusa and google
VO: how many schools did you apply to ?
Me : I considered two schools but I eventually decided not apply to just UIS
VO: why?
Me : they have a graduate public service program that would provide me with two years work experience alongside my degree
VO: who is sponsoring you ?
Me: my dad
V0: what does he do
Me : owns his own company and I carefully explained what they did
VO: have you been out of Nigeria before
Me : yes , South Africa , Dubai and US
VO: then he asked what year I was in the US and how long (2014 for two months)
VO: are you married ?
VO : any kids
VO: when do you resume ?
Me : 13 January 2020
VO: can you tell me what you plan to do with this degree long term upon graduating ?
Me: I plan to come back to Nigeria and take exams to be a certified environmental health officer , the international exposure and the internship would look really good on my resume and also on the long run I would really love to work with ngos to bring awareness to mental health and depression in Nigeria
VO; why public health with conc. In env health ?
Me: I chose this course after my internship at Nigerian breweries I worked in the health safety and risk Dept , I took serious interest and when I got bacj to school , because of my undergrad course I had to speak with a health physics professor who advised me to take electives like energy and environment , environmental physics to make the transition easy
VO: what’s your undergrad ?
Me : physics
( I just want to say a big thank you to everyone , I was a silent reader from thread one and I leant a lot , my best advise for anybody is Be confident . Just talk to yourself to calm down for 5 mins and you’ll Be good .

Congrats

I don't understand. What's the payment of the 40k for?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kendrix69(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2019
frostsc:
Just checked and it's not 86k with Mafit at the moment. Don't know what is obtainable now but I prepared with their resource and we even had a group where we study till like 1am everyday. I and my friends used their resource, Magoosh, Manhattan, Kaplan, lectures etc. As I said, that has been a while but I think it's better for you to use somewhere that is tested and trusted.
ts 86k bro, (maybe lower but they definately was an 8 Tens digit in the figure) , i asked last week at the center. and all these resources u mentioned can be gotten online , its not "their" resources cool

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by HerMoney: 11:53am On Sep 26, 2019
It's called reciprocity fee. When your visa is approved, you pay this.
freshStarz:

Congrats

I don't understand. What's the payment of the 40k for?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
Buksss:

The beauty of sharing transcript is that others learn as well as stay current . From your transcript i see that the visa issuance fee/ reciprocity fee has now started

Congrats ... May God bless your new journey and thanks for sharing

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olasijiayo: 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
Nope
Olayinkaji:

Sorry did you do WES for your cgpa conversion?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
HerMoney:
Why does it sound like a bribe
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Promise003(m): 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
Please, can you or anybody give Idea of what study plan is?

I thought it is the number of course hrs to take per term and in total.
Thanks
freshStarz:

Thanks. The exam no be small thing o. I almost cry for exam hall. Good preparation is key
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freshStarz: 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
HerMoney:

Hmm, is this a new thing. Not heard of it before

That's like 105 dollars or so. These ppl are really milking us in our country
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
freshStarz:

It was announced some months ago to start August 29 2019 .

The reason below (blame the government tongue)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tegipraise(m): 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2019
Thank you @Walspring for helping me pay my sevis fee. it was so swift and seamless. you are an asset to this group Bro.

tegipraise:
@Walspring my Man, please I seriously need assistance on sevis fee payment, Kindly assist me. I sent you a mail already. Thanks boss

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freshStarz: 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
LagosismyHome:

It was announced some months ago to start August 29 2019 .

The reason why below (blame the government tongue)

Yeah, they did well then

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dgee1(m): 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
Please how much is Sevis fee now?
tegipraise:
Thank you @Walspring for helping me pay my sevis fee. it was so swift and seamless. you are an asset to this group Bro.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Colouredgirl: 5:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
No one is milking anyone..they have negotiated with Nigerian govt several times to reduce the cost of visa from Americans coming to Nigeria..the Nigeria govt didn’t do anything ,so they decided to up theirs too hence the name “reciprocity fee”
freshStarz:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
Colouredgirl:
No one is milking anyone..they have negotiated with Nigerian govt several times to reduce the cost of visa from Americans coming to Nigeria..the Nigeria govt didn’t do anything ,so they decided to up theirs too hence the name “reciprocity fee”
But Nigeria government have reduced cost of the visa fees. So, the reason for the reciprocity fee does not stand anymore.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freshStarz: 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
Colouredgirl:

Lagosismyhome have already explained to me pls

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Trichi1208: 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
i need someone to guide me with the filling of DS160.
Ejo ni tori Olorun, aoni se asedanu (I beg you all)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jameees: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
Trichi1208:

can i chat with you on whatsapp?
yeah sure!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bigfrancis21: 2:34am On Sep 27, 2019
Hello current US students and prospectives, how has everyone been?

$3k is available for quick exchange. Please contact me asap.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Trichi1208: 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2019
jameees:

yeah sure!
whatsaap contact please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2019
Wretch32:
I’ve been on LinkedIn searching for them since after my visa interview and I’ve found none
I don’t think my suggestion is entirely bad tho, I received very little assistance to be honest and only person I got any from was fairheart, and of course you responded as well when I reached out to you but yeah I just believe we can build a strong network (voluntarily) but of course, it’s not a do or die affair
If nobody is interested, in the end we go all dey alright

Why not start with the few on this thread? Just be real and you guys will remain friends even post your various programs.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
solihp:
My Appreciation post

First, I want to return all the glory back to God Almighty for the strength he has given me these past 7months, going through this kind of process hasn't been all easy but I thank him cause he's ever faithful, may His name be highly magnified.

GboyegaD: When I first decided to apply for my Masters in December 2018, I emailed him with my list of schools, I had limited list because I was hoping to write GRE in the first week of February, I told him I had gone through all the Nationally ranked schools on USnews that offered Statistics(about 100 of them) , he looked at my list and told me to go over the list again. Looking back at the initial list I sent to him, I realised most of the schools I got admitted into, especially the school I am going to right now; Georgia State University was not there. Thank you very much for the encouragement and for making me go through that list again, I really appreciate your efforts.

Deyemzy: Our friendship kicked off in February, at first because we were both Statisticians. We waited for the admissions together, composed compelling emails to the graduate directors together, when it was time to apply for visa, we scrutinised each other's transcript, conducted several mock interview, etc. Thank you very much dear friend, you were one of my support system during this process.

To my school guys: Tomiwaa, Scott200, iwriterng. It has been a pleasure being in contact with you all and I am hoping to see the 3 of you in school this August during the graduate or international student orientation.

To the wonderful people I have met through this process: Omohakin, Tegaadogb, Spotlighte, etc

To the nice people I met when I got delayed on my first trial: We literally hustled for dates together, shared info about the next available dates for previously refused individuals, thank you; misstemi2, kay100, Temi87, dwilliams707. I am hoping we all get our visas very soon

Fairheart: Immediately I got delayed the first time, I sent him a message, he was very helpful as he scrutinised my transcript to perfection and conducted several mock interviews for me, thank you for your efforts and time, I do not take it for granted

To everyone: To everyone on this thread who has contributed in one way or the other, to those I have read their transcripts, to those who have stayed on this thread just to help out others, to those who came to my rescue and encouraged me when I was first delayed, I say thank you very much, the things you do accumulated to this approval. I hope I would be able to help the upcoming applicants in any way I could. Keep up the good work

smiley cheesy grin smiley cheesy grin smiley cheesy grin

One more posts incoming later grin grin

Just catching up on post lately. I am glad you pulled through and most especially, I love your tenacious spirit. So happy I was able to be of help and has given me more courage to help more people who might need my help from time to time. How are you finding ATL?

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2019
GboyegaD:

Just catching up on post lately. I am glad you pulled through and most especially, I love your tenacious spirit. So happy I was able to be of help and has given me more courage to help more people who might need my help from time to time. How are you finding ATL?

Thank you Mr Gboyega. ATL is fine, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.