Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362924 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adeyesam: 6:45pm On Oct 02, 2019
Please I need to know if the specific requirements as evidence of marriage for an F2 visa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freshStarz: 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
Gospelozy:

Hi, thank you for coming through. Please do they show the result asap. Although I filled my email address, I haven't received any mail from them.
Please does it take time??

It doesn't take time
Maybe u should redo it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by enny1000(f): 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
Good evening, please I really need some advise, I want to apply for a US student visa but I don't have any sponsor. I think I have enough money to do this by myself though. I finished secondary school since 2012 and I started my own business, that being said all my money is in my mom account. So, the question is, do I have a chance if I apply for undergraduate and without having any sponsor's bank account statement? Or perhaps visiting visa will be a better option? Someone once told me Canada would be a great idea. And yes, I haven't travelled to any country so I have a virgin passport. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wickyyolo: 6:26am On Oct 03, 2019
enny1000:
Good evening, please I really need some advise, I want to apply for a US student visa but I don't have any sponsor. I think I have enough money to do this by myself though. I finished secondary school since 2012 and I started my own business, that being said all my money is in my mom account. So, the question is, do I have a chance if I apply for undergraduate and without having any sponsor's bank account statement? Or perhaps visiting visa will be a better option? Someone once told me Canada would be a great idea. And yes, I haven't travelled to any country so I have a virgin passport. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

You have a sponsor. And the sponsor is your Mum. Since all the money is in her account.
Please be smart oh.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cupid101: 7:57am On Oct 03, 2019
wickyyolo:
How can i pay my Sevis fee ?
My agent don run with my money. undecided
cc walspring
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Promise003(m): 9:53am On Oct 03, 2019
freshStarz:

Go to WES website and use their calculator
Input all ur credit units and grades there, it will calculate it for u unofficially
Please Do the Embassy accepted printed scanned bank statement. My Uncle sent me his scanned bank statement through email. I don't know if it's unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by enny1000(f): 11:26am On Oct 03, 2019
Thought they said your sponsor has to have some certain amount in her/his account? I mean, like having #50m or something? Can you explain to me please. I don't have anyone that can assist me or put me through and, I don't want to use agent because I heard that most of them are 419. No one's around to help and I just want to pursue my dream.Thank you
wickyyolo:

You have a sponsor. And the sponsor is your Mum. Since all the money is in her account.
Please be smart oh.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2019
Dear Us Student visa trend,

Trust this email meets you well.

My name is seyi i am new on this space but really need your advice and impute with regards to masters and opportunity in the united states. I agree that this takes process, patience and prayers but while at it, i would appreciate your experience/ other people's experience on studying in the Us.

I graduated with a cgpa 0f 2.6 from the department Of Estate Management, University of Lagos. i have 2 years of working experience in the Real estate industry but do not mind diversifying into another field lucrative in the united states. In addition i am in the process of attaining a Project management certification to add to my qualification. i have written no standardized test nor English test. but i am willing to if necessary although i rather not.

i am afraid with the little research i have carried out, i have limited chances with my low cgpa.

my questions are ?
1.what career paths can i easily diversify into that's lucrative in the United states?
2.what do i need to increase my chances of admission?
3. What schools should i be targeting ?

Many thanks as i look forward to your response in this regard.

kind regards,

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Promise003(m): 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Who else can tell you if you travelled out of Nigeria before or what other school you applied to.... smiley grin grin

Ans: nobody
Please Do the Embassy accepted printed scanned bank statement. My Uncle sent me his scanned bank statement through email. I don't know if it's unacceptable.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
Promise003:

if its genuine , yes i think so . Just print it clearly

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 3:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
enny1000:
Thought they said your sponsor has to have some certain amount in her/his account? I mean, like having #50m or something? Can you explain to me please. I don't have anyone that can assist me or put me through and, I don't want to use agent because I heard that most of them are 419. No one's around to help and I just want to pursue my dream.Thank you
start by taking the SAT. Look for centers around you that registers the SAT, check for the next SAT exam date and prepare for it. Who knows if you do well, you might even get a full ride.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Datguybilly97(m): 4:07pm On Oct 03, 2019
And no one is studying in the states of Virginia
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 4:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
Fatimahil25:

My name is seyi i am new on this space but really need your advice and impute with regards to masters and opportunity in the united states. I agree that this takes process, patience and prayers but while at it, i would appreciate your experience/ other people's experience on studying in the Us.

I graduated with a cgpa 0f 2.6 from the department Of Estate Management, University of Lagos. i have 2 years of working experience in the Real estate industry but do not mind diversifying into another field lucrative in the united states. In addition i am in the process of attaining a Project management certification to add to my qualification. i have written no standardized test nor English test. but i am willing to if necessary although i rather not.

i am afraid with the little research i have carried out, i have limited chances with my low cgpa.

my questions are ?
1.what career paths can i easily diversify into that's lucrative in the United states?

kind regards,

First,try to do a WES evaluation of your GPA.It converts your GPA to a 4.0 scale.Then write proficiency test like TOEFL or IELTS or Duolingo(some school accept it).Also,write GRE.
Your profile will determine schools you can apply to if they have the course you want to do.
By profile I mean your WES evaluated GPA, Proficiency scores,GRE scores,Work experience,Professional Certificates,Statement of purpose and Letter of Recommendation.You can fit your profile to the school.Good-luck!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Trichi1208: 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2019
Trichi1208:
please help review
Proposed transcript

Me: good morning
Vo: good morning
Vo: why usa
Me: I'm going for my master's of public health with concentration in health care and management at UNH
Vo: how did you come about the school
Me: I got to know about the school through council on education of public health, school of public health application service and i extended my findings visiting US news and world report
Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 (UNH, FIU, SDSU)
Vo: how many admitted you
Me: 2, UNh and FIU, couldnt complete my application on time with FIU
VO: Why UNH over SDSU
Me: Apart from being awarded 50% dean's scholarship of my tuition, the school is located in connecticut, according to report released by centre for disease control and prevention in 2018, Connecticut happens to be among the 5 states in USA with low infant and maternal mortality rate which my research will be focused on, I'll be conducting my research in some of the baby friendly health facilities in the state, also the school is just a throw stone from the biggest health facility in the state which i can easily access for my research work. That's why i chose UNH over SDSU

Vo: did you write any test
Me: yes GRE (290, even though it was waived)

Vo: when did you graduate
Me: 2018

Vo: what have you been doing after graduation
Me: after my graduation, i went for my compusory NYSC where i served under OSPHB, at OSPHCB i was fully involved in the community based programs carried out such as IYCF, CMAM, MNCH to improve health status of under-5 children and mothers across the state.

Vo: whats your study plan?
Me: my program is just for 24 months, with total of 42 credits courses such as introduction to public health, fundamentals of epidemiology, public health and law, public health research methods etc.

VO: what will this course do for you
me: upon my completion of this course, I'll have been equipped with necessary skills and knowledge to get an appointment as programme officer at OSPHDB, where i will be planning, designing and implenting programms together with my team to improve the lives of individuals.

thank you
cc:
shawarma
lagosismyhome
walspring
and others

why has everyone refused to help review my transcript?
it is so unfair�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2019
Trichi1208:
please help review
Proposed transcript

Me: good morning
Vo: good morning
Vo: why usa
Me: I'm going for my master's of public health with concentration in health care and management at UNH
Vo: how did you come about the school
Me: I got to know about the school through council on education of public health, school of public health application service and i extended my findings visiting US news and world report
Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 (UNH, FIU, SDSU)
Vo: how many admitted you
Me: 2, UNh and FIU, couldnt complete my application on time with FIU
VO: Why UNH over SDSU
Me: Apart from being awarded 50% dean's scholarship of my tuition, the school is located in connecticut, according to report released by centre for disease control and prevention in 2018, Connecticut happens to be among the 5 states in USA with low infant and maternal mortality rate which my research will be focused on, I'll be conducting my research in some of the baby friendly health facilities in the state, also the school is just a throw stone from the biggest health facility in the state which i can easily access for my research work. That's why i chose UNH over SDSU

Vo: did you write any test
Me: yes GRE (290, even though it was waived)

Vo: when did you graduate
Me: 2018

Vo: what have you been doing after graduation
Me: after my graduation, i went for my compusory NYSC where i served under OSPHB, at OSPHCB i was fully involved in the community based programs carried out such as IYCF, CMAM, MNCH to improve health status of under-5 children and mothers across the state.

Vo: whats your study plan?
Me: my program is just for 24 months, with total of 42 credits courses such as introduction to public health, fundamentals of epidemiology, public health and law, public health research methods etc.

VO: what will this course do for you
me: upon my completion of this course, I'll have been equipped with necessary skills and knowledge to get an appointment as programme officer at OSPHDB, where i will be planning, designing and implenting programms together with my team to improve the lives of individuals.

thank you
cc:

Its a good start so continue to build on it and work on the delivery which is really important . Be confident and be ready to answer any questions....... So yes you are on the right path so build on this and best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Trichi1208: 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Its a good start so continue to build on it and work on the delivery which is really important . Be confident and be ready to answer any questions....... So yes you are on the right path so build on this and best of luck

Thank you for your response ma.

I'll testify to you all shortly.

I'm grateful once again

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 5:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
Fatimahil25:

my questions are ?

kind regards,

1. Only you and you alone knows what you want in your life. If I told you nursing is lucrative and you had passion for business management, will you abandon your bus admin dream because of what I said?

2. Put your profiles together, write standardise test, evaluate your cgpa to US standard using Wes, write letter of purpose if your school requires it.

3. There are several school that offers conditional admissions from 2.0/4.0 and regular admissions from 2.5/4.0. Your result from Wes evaluation will tell you where you stand.

Engage Google in serious search. You will always find schools that your profile matches with.

Let me give you a little hope. I have a friend in alcorn state University, he graduated with 3rd class from Nigeria University, his cgpa was 2.27/4.0. Very low.

But luckily for him, he got a conditional admission from alcorn because alcorn offers conditional admission from 2.25/4 to 2.5/4.0. He had amazing scores in GRE to boost his chance anyways.

Just put your profiles together and engage in rigorous search with the data you have, you will find a match
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wickyyolo: 5:45pm On Oct 03, 2019
enny1000:

Your sponsor has to have the amount which is slightly above your school fees.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2019
mrchemist:
Gudpm I m A Graduate of Chemistry 2-2 But Currently. Have my PGDE 4.1/5.0 With Teaching Experience in Lagos State Edu Chemistry Teacher (over 7yrs). What is the probability of Getting admission with Full Scholarship for 2020 in Etsu ....Thanks

I don't think US universities accept PGD transcripts for masters, I may be wrong though.

What career are you pursuing exactly in the masters level?, chemistry as a science? Or education?

If as science, with GRE score of 300+, you may be lucky for partial funding because its a STEM program. I use the word partial because with your 2-2, you are competing with others with 4.9/5 first class applicants.

If you are pursuing education chemistry at master's level. You have a very low or almost impossible chance for funding because

1. Education courses are poorly funded in the US unlike the STEM counterparts.

2. Since the program is poorly funded, you will be competing with other first-class students for the little available funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2019
jossywayne:
Hello house it has been a long time.

I need a help for my upcoming visa interview.
Please i need an answer to this likely visa interview questions.

What have change this time?
What will this course do for you?
Why are you going for the degree?
Why this school?
What other schools did you apply to?
What would you be doing after your studies?
Why do u choose to study this course?
Why do you choose to study in USA?
What makes you to change school?
Have you travel out of Nigeria before ?

Any of your contributions will be accepted.

Wait, you really want us to tell you why you are going for a degree and what you plan to do with the degree?,

My advice. Don't waste that visa fees yet. Drop the application, take a break and spend time to reflect on your life. You aren't prepared yet

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wickyyolo: 6:10pm On Oct 03, 2019

I just hope this trend of hoarding vital information for other aspirants doesn't continue. If you run a Facebook search for "MS in US groups", you'd be surprised at the number of present and aspiring Indian students active on them. I personally learnt so much from there which helped in my preps for the GRE, TOEFL, SOP, and visa interview. We really need to see how these guys post their visa transcripts there.

Please guys it doesn't hurt to provide any vital info that could help others in their prep for this journey. Kudos to @LagosismyHome, @Brown2Green, @Bracelum, @Time2win, and other really helpful members here.

Can u share the indian group ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by biikeys(m): 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
Datguybilly97:
And no one is studying in the states of Virginia

There are Nigerians students in virtually every state in the US
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freshStarz: 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2019
Promise003:

It's acceptable

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pimper24: 9:04pm On Oct 03, 2019
My question is, can I present same statement I used to obtain the I-20 at the interview ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 9:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
pimper24:
My question is, can I present same statement I used to obtain the I-20 at the interview ?
Yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by visiFisiMisi1: 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2019
pimper24:
Yh buh make sure its genuine
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kaad: 9:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
Hi Everyone.
Please what APP or site is best for USD to Naira Exchange.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oluezekiel(m): 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2019
World remit, transferwise, sendwave, boss revolution etc.
I use sendwave because it is fast and no extra charge. But you can only send money from your debit card/account.

kaad:
Hi Everyone.
Please what APP or site is best for USD to Naira Exchange.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pimper24: 1:00am On Oct 04, 2019
visiFisiMisi1:

Yh buh make sure its genuine
oh, ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 1:20am On Oct 04, 2019
Muleriders:

I don't think US universities accept PGD transcripts for masters, I may be wrong though.

What career are you pursuing exactly in the masters level?, chemistry as a science? Or education?

If as science, with GRE score of 300+, you may be lucky for partial funding because its a STEM program. I use the word partial because with your 2-2, you are competing with others with 4.9/5 first class applicants.

If you are pursuing education chemistry at master's level. You have a very low or almost impossible chance for funding because

1. Education courses are poorly funded in the US unlike the STEM counterparts.

2. Since the program is poorly funded, you will be competing with other first-class students for the little available funding.

This is not necessarily a good advice.

If you convert your CGPA and it meets your school minimum requirement, please apply.

The admission process in the US is not just a thing of grade. Even when the application pool is competitive (GPA-wise), they still think alongside diversity in the class population.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by enny1000(f): 1:24am On Oct 04, 2019
wickyyolo:

Your sponsor has to have the amount which is slightly above your school fees.
Ok. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by enny1000(f): 1:26am On Oct 04, 2019
Friedpotato:
start by taking the SAT. Look for centers around you that registers the SAT, check for the next SAT exam date and prepare for it. Who knows if you do well, you might even get a full ride.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.