Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356662 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2019
xhappy:
Also, can I Schedule for Visa appointment and interview and get a date before 15TH of November?

yeah you should.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by obidike59(m): 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
Anyone going to or already in Wright State University or Washington State University here?
Please i have questions to ask o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by priscai(m): 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2019
Mfondara:
PROPOSED TRANSCRIPT

Gurus, kindly help review this proposed transcript and give your opinion.

V.O - Where are you going?
Me – I’m going to the US for my Masters Degree in Management and Quantitative with concentration in Supply Chain Management at Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, New Jersey.

V.O - Why are you going for MSc in Management?
Me – Having held different supply chain executional roles in my career so far, the next phase of my career requires me to have specialized skills in data-driven decision making, business analytics, sustainable supply network design, ERP modules and supply network technologies among others. This degree will offer me the opportunity to learn these skills thereby preparing me for higher responsibilities which are more of supply chain strategy and solutions design and deployment, of course, leveraging on my executional roles experience.

V.O – What will this degree do for you?
Me – Upon completion & graduation of my Masters program, I will be highly proficient and skilled in Business Analytics, Logistics & Supply Chain Design, Supply Chain Technology which will give me a competitive edge to take up senior manager role in xxxxx Nigerian PLC. The degree will also strengthen my profile and personal brand thereby opening me to opportunities in other multinational companies such as Unilever, Shell and Exxon mobil who are continuously seeking experienced and skilled supply chain professionals in Nigeria who can design and implement responsible and sustainable supply chain solutions. In the long run, I will like be partnering with my Uncle who is experienced in Oil & Gas sector to establish modern logistics Operations Company and consultancy firm. The firm will focus on providing logistics and supply chain services as well as consultation services for FMCG and Oil and Gas industries.

V.O – What did you Study in your Undergraduate?
Me – Industrial & Production Engineering
V.O – Why are you changing to Management/Supply Chain Management?
Me – I am not actually changing but rather specializing. Supply Chain Management is actually an area in Industrial Engineering. Good number of schools offer their Supply Chain Management program as a concentration under Industrial Engineering. Also based on my work experience and my career progression plan, a post graduate degree in Supply Chain Management is the right investment I need to make now for me to achieve my immediate and long term career goals.

V.O – What year did you graduate and what have you been doing since then?
Me – I graduated in October, 2010 from FUTO. I did my National Youth service between March 2011 and April 2012. I started working with xxxxx company in June 2012 to April 2018 (as Warehouse Manager, Process Manager and Production Manager), I then joined xxxxx in January 2018 till date as a Logistics Manager responsible for Distribution, Order Fulfilment and Customers service for 6 South-Eastern states.

V.O – Why masters in U.S and not in Nigeria
Me – The US has one of the best educational system and research facilities in the world. This is truer for my intended course of study in that the country has the largest and most developed Supply chain in the world which put the business schools there at an advantage in terms of availability of real time case studies and research works students can learn from. Therefore, going for my masters in the US will give me a competitive edge in terms of skills gain that I can reapply upon my return to Nigeria. Also, supply chain is about global networking in this Industry 4.0 era, I will be able to leverage the network I will gain while studying in the US for collaboration and reapplication when I return to Nigeria.

V.O – What does Industry 4.0 mean?
Me - Industry 4.0 is the trend towards automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies and processes which include cyber-physical systems (CPS), the internet of things (IoT), Supplier/Customer data synchronization and collaboration, Artificial Intelligence, and Prescriptive Analytics. It is primarily aggregation of methods to increase service level & customer’ satisfaction, Increased ROI for investors while being socially and environmentally responsible.

V.O – How many schools did you apply to and how many admit?
Me – 3, Fairleigh Dickinson University and New York Institute of Technology and University of North Carolina, Charlotte. I got admitted in FDU and NYIT but my application was too late for UNCC deadline.

V.O - How did you get to know about these schools?
Me – I did my search using google, best-masters and USnews to check for schools that matched my profile. I based my search iteration on Course content, Facilities/Faculty and Best Value to streamline my options.

V.O – Why FDU?
Me – I chose FDU because the course contents are focused on relevant skills for a modern Supplier Chain Practitioner, the school is among the top US schools for Master in Supply Chain Management according to Best-Masters.com, and these at an optimum cost. The school has business laboratory furnished with latest Bloomberg software for research purposes and also has smart classrooms. The student to faculty ratio is about 18:1 which I believe is ideal for a graduate program. I also contacted some graduates of the department and they recommended the school.

V.O – What are your study plans
Me – I have to complete a total minimum of 30 credit hours which consist of 6 credit foundation courses, 12 credit core credit courses, 9 credit enrichment courses and 3 credit capstone course. Courses I will be taking include Business Analytics, Introduction to Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Pricing & Demand Management, Global Sourcing, Procurement and Negotiations, Global Supply Chain Finance, Supply Chain Technologies, Sustainable & Lean Six-Sigma and Project Management.

V.O – Who will be sponsoring your trip?
Me – Myself (I have 36K USD personal fund and the amount on I-20 is about 35k USD) and I also have support from my Uncle
V.O – What does he do?
Me – He is a senior Civil Engineer with Schlumberger Nigeria
V.O – Why would he want to support you?
Me – He has always been interested in my academic performance right from my secondary school through my undergraduate degree. He is also impressed with my Career progression so far. We also have a partnership plan to establish a logistics company in the long run which he knows the skills I will gain from the Masters degree will come in handy.

V.O – Are you married?
Me – Yes
V.O – Is she following you?
Me – Not at this moment because she is leading a digitization project for her organization so we decided she should concentrate on it and see it through as the project will be major accomplishment of her career and we wouldn’t want to jeopardize that. At the end of the project which will be about end of my first semester, we will re-evaluate our options considering all necessary factors.

V.O – I will be approving your visa
Me – Thank you.

Bravo

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Patsido: 5:57pm On Oct 28, 2019
Anyone here applying for or already running an LLM(Masters in Law) program in the US? I need to make a decision fast. Thanks in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hi fellow nairalanders.
I need your advice or any info you might have on these :
I'm applying to Northern Carolina state university and Western Illinois University. Both of which I'm applying for MSc in Park, recreation and tourism. NCU requires GRE and TOEFL (They wouldn't waive TOEFL for me), while WIU does not require either of it? In thinking of how possible it'd be for me to take both exams almost within the same span of time (in order to meet up with Feb 15 deadline). What are your views on these schools so that I can know which is worth putting in all the effort for.
Secondly, these are my credentials :
GPA 4.01/5, Industrial training at Old Oyo National Park and Skyworld travel and tourism Organization, Project is focused on nature based tourism
Gracilicutes:
pm u bro on Instagram
Patsido:
Anyone here applying for or already running an LLM(Masters in Law) program in the US? I need to make a decision fast. Thanks in advance.
Gracilicutes:
pm u bro on Instagram
,Nysc at a govt secondary school, work experience is in teaching( biology). Pls kindly help weigh the strength of my credentials against my desire to get an assistantship in the proposed schools. Tnx.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 8:35pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hi fellow nairalanders
I need your helpful contributions
I am applying to western Illinois University and North Carolina state university, both of which I'm interested in assistantships, to study PTRM(Park, recreation and tourism management). NCU requires me to submit GRE and TOEFL scores while WIU doesn't require any of it. What are your views on these schools? How possible will it be to write GRE and TOEFL within the same space of time?
Secondly, what do you think of the flow of my experiences so far in relation to the proposed course of study, here's my credential :
Gpa 4.01/5
Srudied Ecotourism and wildlife management
IT @ a National Park and travel and tourism Organization
Nysc at a govt sec. School
Work experience is in teaching (Biology)
What do y'all think pls?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hammed71(m): 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2019
guys can one reapply for admission when a rejects you? or do we have to apply only once
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2019
hammed71:
guys can one reapply for admission when a rejects you? or do we have to apply only once
instead of doing such thing u can wait for next semester
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godsown23: 11:44pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hello guys please does anyone know a school that offer scholarship for SAT score of 1010 and high school GPA 3.3 for undergraduate admissions? is it advisable to rewrite SAT in less than 2 months from when i first wrote it? i am looking to study biology. thanks guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hammed71(m): 3:28am On Oct 29, 2019
guys any schools with free application fees
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adeyesam: 3:39am On Oct 29, 2019
Please I need clarifications on the following as I just received my i-20:
1) My overall estimated cost is about USD 2k below funds available from the assistantship offer, do I still need a statement of account for my interview?
2) Is it required application be made for my wife and son alongside mine considering they fact they won't be going with me immediately?

Thank you all in advance for your replies.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:45am On Oct 29, 2019
adeyesam:
1) My overall estimated cost is about USD 2k below funds available from the assistantship offer, do I still need a statement of account for my interview?
2) Is it required application be made for my wife and son alongside mine considering they fact they won't be going with me immediately?

1. I would just carry SOA that shows at least 2k just as a cover incase they ask. It most likely wont be the focus but every Vo is different and you might meet one that can focus on it

2. While u dont have to do an application now If they are not coming make sure if asked in the interview you state categorically that yes the plan is for them to come later if asked. I seen transcript where the Vo records that answer of your profile so if you say no they will not be joining and they later apply it becomes a problem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by francophone134: 7:42am On Oct 29, 2019
adeyesam:

please i just sent u a mail. My gmail is omhonriakelvin@gmail.com. pls reply. Theres smtin i wana find out from u
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Suntory: 9:56am On Oct 29, 2019
Visa Approved.

This thread has been so helpful. Had to sign up today to give back to the thread.

I'll drop my transcript once I get my passport.

18 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Teejazy(m): 10:36am On Oct 29, 2019
Suntory:
Visa Approved.

This thread has been so helpful. Had to sign up today to give back to the thread.

Congratulation!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amOrpeh: 11:20am On Oct 29, 2019
lol, it is the same number. that A............ number
Legit215:
Please what's passport book number on the ds160 am only seeing passport number on my international passport.
Should I click does not apply urgent response please

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hammed71(m): 11:23am On Oct 29, 2019
Suntory:
Visa Approved.

congrats which school did you apply to
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shadbay(m): 11:52am On Oct 29, 2019
Please who can help me with the format for sponsorship letter... Very urgent
cortezobi@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2019
Suntory:
Visa Approved.

Congratulations. I tap from your blessing.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hammed71(m): 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2019
hammed71:
guys any schools with free application fees
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dhrogbar9: 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2019
Hello guys, visa was approved yesterday. I would have loved to give back to this great group more than what the group has offered me by sharing my transcript here but they did not ask me formal questions apart from what course am l going for in a friendly way and no documents asked for (...my best and easiest interview so far I must confess). I did not do the interview in Nigeria. You can ask me any question here or send me a message as I am ready to assist if it is within my reach. Thank you all and I wish everyone all the very best.

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mfondara: 2:57pm On Oct 29, 2019
Suntory:
Visa Approved.

Congrats.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by obidike59(m): 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2019
Any one?
obidike59:
Anyone going to or already in Wright State University or Washington State University here?
Please i have questions to ask o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pharmz(m): 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2019
Cupid101:
Loool That was pose to be a question I am asking you I didn’t ask you relating to the masters I was asking you but it’s fine thanks quote author=Pharmz post=83530615]

My brother, kindly read before you comment.
The writer wrote "masters in business administration" . Thank you

Ooh, I see... that's fine. Accept my apologies.
I'm not vast though but I think as an undergrad... there's no much to worry about cos VOs believe most are still dependants... but a SOA of ones biological parents will do a lot and ones ability to convince the VO on why you've choose the US.

Thank you.

Hook me up on famartolan@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godsown23: 12:47am On Oct 30, 2019
Anyone please?
Godsown23:
Hello guys please does anyone know a school that offer scholarship for SAT score of 1010 and high school GPA 3.3 for undergraduate admissions? is it advisable to rewrite SAT in less than 2 months from when i first wrote it? i am looking to study biology. thanks guys

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NewHeaven3: 1:41am On Oct 30, 2019
Please can someone help me with this.
My Uncle sent me his Bank about 2 months ago.
Can I use it for my upcoming interview next week?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 8:08am On Oct 30, 2019
I hope your question has been answered.

Meanwhile can I chat you privately?

adeyesam:

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.