Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360533 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 6:59am On Nov 19, 2019
BeebarHH:
Hi everyone.

I had to retrieve my password to submit this post as I forgot it as soon as I opened the account years ago. This is because I think it's really important to also drop my transcript here as i have read several transcripts from the older threads which really helped me today at the embassy. So I'd like to thank everyone who has made a comment or another since the beginning of US visa thread (I'm not sure if 'thread' is what they call it but you know what I mean yeah?)

The pre-screening section was fine but i got a bit scared when a lady who's supposed to confirm the passport right before the bio-metrics shook her head while looking through my I-20. She didn't say what the issue was but I knew I had to start praying immediately. I then noticed pink and yellow slips being issued to most applicants. If I hadn't read through this thread from part 13, I would have assumed they were all granted the visa because some of those applicants had been the US and many other countries before and sounded legit. I personally didn't understand the reason for the denial. Anyway, lets skip to my interview.

I was interviewed by a guy at the third booth which went like this
VO: Good morning
ME: Good morning
VO: Pass me your passport please
ME: Here
VO: So you're going to Georgia state
ME: Yes I am. i intend to study for a master's degree in Geosciences at Georgia State University
VO: oh Student Visa
ME: yes
VO: pass me your I-20
ME: here
VO: (looks through the i-20) ohhh Master's
ME: yes, Masters in geosciences
VO: How long is your program
ME: 28 months
VO: how many schools did you apply to?
ME: three schools. Kansas state university, the University of North Dakota and georgia state Uni but I chose Georgia State Uni because I was impressed by its academic ranking in terms of innovation, commitment to teaching and also research. I was also interested in the work of Dr Hassan who has worked extensively on structural geology. I intend to use the acquired to further study the Niger Delta. The Niger Delta hosts the largest oil reserve in Nigeria.
VO: (nods) very good. so you intend to go for a PhD afterwards?(then he looked right into my eyes)
ME: (looking confused) No, I believe the knowledge acquired would be enough to independently study the Niger Delta. My plan is to apply to Shell Nigeria, where I did my graduate Internship, as an experienced Geologist wherein I'd use the data acquired over the years to further understand reservoir connectivity and communication which would in turn boost hydrocarbon production.
VO: (nods) very good. So you did an Internship at Shell
ME: Yes
VO: good...I see you have a deficit of $12000 aside your assistantship. Who'd be paying for that?
ME:My Uncle
VO: Pass me his Bank Statement
ME: Okay but give me a second to get it...here
VO: (looks through it for longer than I expected and I suspected that he assumed the statement was in Naira but I didn't say anything) Oh he's in switzerland so the currency is in CHF
ME: yeah
VO: (he looked me in the eye again) i will be issuing your visa (pauses for a second to process my reaction) you should pick it up at the point...(I didnt hear the rest cuz I was trying to absorb the fact that my visa was granted)
ME: (emotionless face) Okay, thank you
VO: Please go there to pay your reciprocity fees. You should always take your I-20 with you when you travel......(I zoned out again but tried to appear like I was hearing it for the first time even though my school has put me through the entire process but of course he was trying to help and I appreciated that)
ME: ( nods) Okay, thank you.

What I learned from this is
1. Don't memorize your answers. Practicing a billion times would give you an default, memorized response but try to be flexible with it so that you can think while responding. This is because most times, the tension could cause you to forget the rhythm of your response and that could disorient you completely but if you're listening to yourself speak you can always replace a forgotten response with a more logical answer....Half of my responses weren't delivered as rehearsed.
2. Don't wait for the VO to ask every question. if you've gone through this visa posts long enough you'd see a pattern in the questions. e.g which schools did you apply to, why that school and what are your plans after the degree. Answering them before being asked shows that you actually have a plan already and didn't just cook something up because they asked. While sounding smart with your brief and combined response, the VO also wouldn't have the opportunity to pay special attention to each response like if they were asked individually.... I learned this while rehearsing with my Kid bro last night
3. Please don't lie. there was a man who said he hadn't been denied by any country as he has traveled to so many countries only for the VO to roll his eyes and say "really? are you sure?" then he started to confess and ultimately got denied. You can't tell how much info they have of you.
4. Please please and please, practice your response with the intention that you wouldn't stay any longer in the US than the degree you're going for. The PhD question that was asked of me was a trick i believe. If I had said yes then it would have shown that I wasn't eager to come back and that I'd stay back in the US at the slightest opportunity.. I actually didn't realize this until after the interview.
5. Be prepared. Practice as much as you can and be confident. If you're a genuine student with the intention to study for a better future, remind yourself of that every time because you deserve the opportunity.
6. Speak up and speak out. Don't frustrate the VO by sounding like you've got a sore in your mouth. If you have stage fright like me and tend to speak at a low tone in an interview, lean closer to the receiver. Also, once you notice that the VO is struggling with an Info, especially funding, clear the air before he gives you the pink slip. I should have spoken out immediately i noticed him struggling with the Bank Statement ... Thank God he realized it eventually but not everyone gets that lucky.
7. I don't need to tell anyone to pray. That's default. You should go in with the conviction that your prayer has been accepted. That can loosen up the tension a bit and also improve confidence.

I'm so sorry for the long post, i just wish to give back as much information as I gained from Nairaland. I hope this helps a lot of people.

by the way, hold your reciprocity fee. Its N40,700 or $110. You must show the fee in *CASH*in either currency before you even get past the second checkpoint and there are about 5 of them before meeting the VO (but they'd only confirm that you have the fee once). If you get the Visa you'd pay the fee and if you don't then you'd take your money away with you.

Finally(I promise), don't pray for the VO to retain your Passport because the system has changed. the VO would return your passport to you with a tiny pick slip and the usual white paper which you'd take to the booth where you'd pay your reciprocity fee. that's where they'd retain your passport and the tiny pink paper.

Thank you.
Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 19, 2019
Please I would like to ask a question here,has anyone ever taken their parents company/business SOA to the embassy and get the visa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 9:05am On Nov 19, 2019
Please can someone help check what the latest visa interview date is in Abuja and in Lagos?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 10:17am On Nov 19, 2019
Adibebenny:
Please I would like to ask a question here,has anyone ever taken their parents company/business SOA to the embassy and get the visa.
I'd say you say it in a way that "Your parents are sponsoring you through their business entity" and you have the statements and Legal registration document.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tamison: 10:25am On Nov 19, 2019
Friedpotato:
Please can someone help check what the latest visa interview date is in Abuja and in Lagos?

Thanks

January 2 in Lagos, Dec 3 in Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nmicky(m): 10:25am On Nov 19, 2019
Swerveking14:
I'd say you say it in a way that "Your parents are sponsoring you through their business entity" and you have the statements and Legal registration document.

so it very very possible to attain visa with it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2019
nmicky:

so it very very possible to attain visa with it.
Yes.. so far it is genuine
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2019
BeebarHH:
Hi everyone.

I had to retrieve my password to submit this post as I forgot it as soon as I opened the account years ago. This is because I think it's really important to also drop my transcript here as i have read several transcripts from the older threads which really helped me today at the embassy. So I'd like to thank everyone who has made a comment or another since the beginning of US visa thread (I'm not sure if 'thread' is what they call it but you know what I mean yeah?)

The pre-screening section was fine but i got a bit scared when a lady who's supposed to confirm the passport right before the bio-metrics shook her head while looking through my I-20. She didn't say what the issue was but I knew I had to start praying immediately. I then noticed pink and yellow slips being issued to most applicants. If I hadn't read through this thread from part 13, I would have assumed they were all granted the visa because some of those applicants had been the US and many other countries before and sounded legit. I personally didn't understand the reason for the denial. Anyway, lets skip to my interview.

I was interviewed by a guy at the third booth which went like this
VO: Pass me your passport please
ME: Here
VO: So you're going to Georgia state
ME: Yes I am. i intend to study for a master's degree in Geosciences at Georgia State University
VO: oh Student Visa
ME: yes
VO: pass me your I-20
ME: here
VO: (looks through the i-20) ohhh Master's
ME: yes, Masters in geosciences
VO: How long is your program
ME: 28 months
VO: how many schools did you apply to?
ME: three schools. Kansas state university, the University of North Dakota and georgia state Uni but I chose Georgia State Uni because I was impressed by its academic ranking in terms of innovation, commitment to teaching and also research. I was also interested in the work of Dr Hassan who has worked extensively on structural geology. I intend to use the acquired to further study the Niger Delta. The Niger Delta hosts the largest oil reserve in Nigeria.
VO: (nods) very good. so you intend to go for a PhD afterwards?(then he looked right into my eyes)
ME: (looking confused) No, I believe the knowledge acquired would be enough to independently study the Niger Delta. My plan is to apply to Shell Nigeria, where I did my graduate Internship, as an experienced Geologist wherein I'd use the data acquired over the years to further understand reservoir connectivity and communication which would in turn boost hydrocarbon production.
VO: (nods) very good. So you did an Internship at Shell
ME: Yes
VO: good...I see you have a deficit of $12000 aside your assistantship. Who'd be paying for that?
ME:My Uncle
VO: Pass me his Bank Statement
ME: Okay but give me a second to get it...here
VO: (looks through it for longer than I expected and I suspected that he assumed the statement was in Naira but I didn't say anything) Oh he's in switzerland so the currency is in CHF
ME: yeah
VO: (he looked me in the eye again) i will be issuing your visa (pauses for a second to process my reaction) you should pick it up at the point...(I didnt hear the rest cuz I was trying to absorb the fact that my visa was granted)
ME: (emotionless face) Okay, thank you
VO: Please go there to pay your reciprocity fees. You should always take your I-20 with you when you travel......(I zoned out again but tried to appear like I was hearing it for the first time even though my school has put me through the entire process but of course he was trying to help and I appreciated that)
ME: ( nods) Okay, thank you.

What I learned from this is
1. Don't memorize your answers. Practicing a billion times would give you an default, memorized response but try to be flexible with it so that you can think while responding. This is because most times, the tension could cause you to forget the rhythm of your response and that could disorient you completely but if you're listening to yourself speak you can always replace a forgotten response with a more logical answer....Half of my responses weren't delivered as rehearsed.
2. Don't wait for the VO to ask every question. if you've gone through this visa posts long enough you'd see a pattern in the questions. e.g which schools did you apply to, why that school and what are your plans after the degree. Answering them before being asked shows that you actually have a plan already and didn't just cook something up because they asked. While sounding smart with your brief and combined response, the VO also wouldn't have the opportunity to pay special attention to each response like if they were asked individually.... I learned this while rehearsing with my Kid bro last night
3. Please don't lie. there was a man who said he hadn't been denied by any country as he has traveled to so many countries only for the VO to roll his eyes and say "really? are you sure?" then he started to confess and ultimately got denied. You can't tell how much info they have of you.
4. Please please and please, practice your response with the intention that you wouldn't stay any longer in the US than the degree you're going for. The PhD question that was asked of me was a trick i believe. If I had said yes then it would have shown that I wasn't eager to come back and that I'd stay back in the US at the slightest opportunity.. I actually didn't realize this until after the interview.
5. Be prepared. Practice as much as you can and be confident. If you're a genuine student with the intention to study for a better future, remind yourself of that every time because you deserve the opportunity.
6. Speak up and speak out. Don't frustrate the VO by sounding like you've got a sore in your mouth. If you have stage fright like me and tend to speak at a low tone in an interview, lean closer to the receiver. Also, once you notice that the VO is struggling with an Info, especially funding, clear the air before he gives you the pink slip. I should have spoken out immediately i noticed him struggling with the Bank Statement ... Thank God he realized it eventually but not everyone gets that lucky.
7. I don't need to tell anyone to pray. That's default. You should go in with the conviction that your prayer has been accepted. That can loosen up the tension a bit and also improve confidence.

I'm so sorry for the long post, i just wish to give back as much information as I gained from Nairaland. I hope this helps a lot of people.

by the way, hold your reciprocity fee. Its N40,700 or $110. You must show the fee in *CASH*in either currency before you even get past the second checkpoint and there are about 5 of them before meeting the VO (but they'd only confirm that you have the fee once). If you get the Visa you'd pay the fee and if you don't then you'd take your money away with you.

Finally(I promise), don't pray for the VO to retain your Passport because the system has changed. the VO would return your passport to you with a tiny pick slip and the usual white paper which you'd take to the booth where you'd pay your reciprocity fee. that's where they'd retain your passport and the tiny pink paper.

Thank you.
Congrats and welcome to Georgia State, Atlanta awaits you grin cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by boasty(f): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
Hello everyone

Please is it compulsory to fill a new DS-160 form if reapplying a week after denial?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
boasty:
Hello everyone

Please is it compulsory to fill a new DS-160 form if reapplying a week after denial?

Yes, although you can retrieve the old form so as to quicken the process and then fill the other places that are blank
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by eddyme(m): 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
jyemsta:
My younger sister VISA APPROVED...................................

I got her I-20 about 10 days ago and i remembered not finding a date earlier than December 18th. My trick for getting a closer date (November 18th ) was to check the USA embassy website between 1am - 2:30 am, your chances of getting better date is higher.

My little advice: When applying to schools, please be involved in the process because it gives you at least 20% of your answers during interview. Although she was just out of secondary school, i made her write a SOP demanded by one of the schools (that gave her clear vision) and i sent her compiled transcript i downloaded on this forum for personal study. 8 days to her interview, i paid my cousin who recently finished NYSC to go and train/sharpen her interview skills for the last 7 days........They have 3 sessions of interview daily and i call in at midnight to conduct the 4th and check her progress. After the first 3 days of shaking, she became so confident and i knew what was left is PRAYERS......
Depending on your personality, always get someone to conduct series of interviews with or you stand in front of a mirror and practice like you mean it...........Say it out with strong expression and you realize they stick.........

You: Good morning

VO: Where are you going or which school are you going
You: I am going to the united states for my bachelor degree in Microbiology at Bowling Green State university, Bowling Green, Ohio.

VO: How many schools did you apply
You: I applied to four schools namely; Bowling green state university, East Tennessee State University (Johnson City), Tennessee State university (Nashville), and California State university (East bay)

VO: How many schools admitted you
You: All four offered me admission, but I choose Bowling Green State University

VO: Did you write any exams (e.g., SAT, TOFEL, IELTS, ACT)
You: No, it was not required. Especially when I have an outstanding WAEC result

VO: Why did you choose Bowling green State university
You: I choose BGSU because of the outstanding curriculum and course content that matches my career goal of becoming an Immunologist. Also, they offer scholarship opportunities for outstanding student like myself, and the region is also relatively cheaper and known for it very low crime rate

VO: Why did you choose Microbiology
You: I choose microbiology because since I was 8 years old, I have always loved to take care of sick people and also know why they fell sick. During my secondary school days, my best subject was biology and I was also the health prefect, this equally increased by passion for the field.

VO: What is microbiology
You: Microbiology is the study of microorganisms or microbes, which are unicellular or multi-cellular organisms and causes infections, they are too small to be seen by naked eyes but by microscope. Some branches of microbiology are, immunology, virology, & parasitology, etc

VO: What is immunology
You: Immunology is the study of the immune system in all organism and is a very important branch of biological sciences. The immune system helps us to fight and protects us from infections.

VO: How old are you
You: 17 years, but I’ll be 18 by January next year

VO: Do you have family in USA
You: Yes, I have a brother who is a Traction Power Engineer @XXXXXXXX in California

VO: How long have your brother been in the USA
You: Like 3 years now

VO: Where are your siblings
You: 1 is in Germany, 1 in USA, and others are working with different ministries and companies here in Nigeria. I am the last born of the family

VO: What does your parents do
You: My dad was an .......... of Customs, Federal Operations Muritala International Airport Ikeja and my mum is a .............. with the Lagos State ministry of education, Alausa Ikeja.

VO: Who is sponsoring you
You: My Eldest brother

VO: Why does he want to sponsor you& not your parents
You: I submitted both my brother and my parent bank information, but the school used only one because the amount in the account was enough.

VO: Can I have a look at his bank/financial documents
You: Yes sir/ma……..then pass the bank papers

VO: Where will you be living in the USA/school
You: I will be living in the school hostel for my first two years because this is the policy for new international student in Bowling green State University

VO: I will be approving your VISA, do you have your repository fee?
You: Yes........................

ALL GLORY AND HONOR TO ALMIGHTY GOD.....................

This is so cool and i love her confidence and sharpness. Congratulations..I am also helping my younger bro in almost same course. Safe journey to her

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nascent(m): 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2019
Please I will like to ask if anyone has had their course name different from the one on the I-20 form? I'm curious as I have Business Analytics as my course but the I-20 form came with Management Science and Quantitative Methods. I messaged the school and the responded that the name differs because SEVIS have different names for courses.
I will like to get more clarification on this. Thank.

clapper04:

Congratulations.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SkyTrustNG: 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
I want to congratulate everyone with approved VISA on this part and also encourage those delayed not to give up on their dreams. My interview is coming up soon and here is my proposed transcript. Please gurus in the house help me scrutinize it. Thanks so much

GPA: 3.84/5
GRE: 299
School: Eastern Illinois University

V.O: Good morning, your passport and I-20
Me: I obliged
V.O: Why are you going to the US?
ME: I am going for a master’s degree in Kinesiology and exercise science with a concentration in Cardiopulmonary Physiology at the Eastern Illinois University
V.O: How many schools did you apply to?
ME: 3, University of New Haven, Michigan Tech University and Eastern Illinois University
V.O: How many admits?
ME: 2, EIU And UNH while my application at MTU is still pending departmental admission decision.
V.O: Why EIU
ME: I chose EIU for a Number of reasons
• EIU has an adult fitness program where graduate students conducts fitness tests such as baseline electrocardiogram, body composition analysis, body mass index, resting blood pressure and more for adults.
• EIU also has Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation Program.

• These two programs will give me a first-hand field experience for my chosen career path and long term goal of offering consultation services for adult fitness and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation organizations.

• I was also interested in the works of Dr Brian. L Pritschet who has extensively worked on the effects of external substances on cardiopulmonary activities and we have been in good communication.

• Also EIU is ranked among the safest campus in US.

V.O: How long is your program
ME: 24 Months
V.O: What’s your study Plan
ME: My Program is a 24 months program, 36 credits including a 6 credit thesis.
V.O: What will this course do for you?
ME: This course will certify my passion of helping people prevent and cure cardiopulmonary diseases such as arrhythmia, hypertension, hypotension etc. through exercise prescription and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
V.O: when did you finish Undergraduate?
ME: 2018
V.O: What have you been doing since then?
ME: I went for my compulsory NYSC where I worked with Sijuwade Specialist Hospital and I was retained after my service. I work in the histopathology lab where we process human tissues and examine for causes and treatment of diagnosed diseases.
V.O: Did you write any test?
ME: Yes, GRE 299
V.O: What’s your plan after school?
ME: I’ll come back to Nigeria to take up a lecturing job and also offer consultation services to cardiopulmonary rehabilitation organizations.
V.O: Who’s sponsoring you?
ME: My mother
V.O: What does she do?
ME: She’s a senior accountant with Nigerian Bottling Company
V.O: Do you have her statement?
ME: Pass it
V.O: I will be approving your VISA.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2019
Tamison:

January 2 in Lagos, Dec 3 in Abuja
Thank you very much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by boasty(f): 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
Thank you
solihp:

Yes, although you can retrieve the old form so as to quicken the process and then fill the other places that are blank
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ojikutuqudus: 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
[quote author=SkyTrustNG post=84172783]I want to congratulate everyone with approved VISA on this part and also encourage those delayed not to give up on their dreams. My interview is coming up soon and here is my proposed transcript. Please gurus in the house help me scrutinize it. Thanks so much

GPA: 3.84/5
GRE: 299
School: Eastern Illinois University

V.O: Good morning, your passport and I-20
Me: I obliged
V.O: Why are you going to the US?
ME: I am going for a master’s degree in Kinesiology and exercise science with a concentration in Cardiopulmonary Physiology at the Eastern Illinois University
V.O: How many schools did you apply to?
ME: 3, University of New Haven, Michigan Tech University and Eastern Illinois University
V.O: How many admits?
ME: 2, EIU And UNH while my application at MTU is still pending departmental admission decision.
V.O: Why EIU
ME: I chose EIU for a Number of reasons
• EIU has an adult fitness program where graduate students conducts fitness tests such as baseline electrocardiogram, body composition analysis, body mass index, resting blood pressure and more for adults.
• EIU also has Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation Program.

• These two programs will give me a first-hand field experience for my chosen career path and long term goal of offering consultation services for adult fitness and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation organizations.

• I was also interested in the works of Dr Brian. L Pritschet who has extensively worked on the effects of external substances on cardiopulmonary activities and we have been in good communication.

• Also EIU is ranked among the safest campus in US.

V.O: How long is your program
ME: 24 Months
V.O: What’s your study Plan
ME: My Program is a 24 months program, 36 credits including a 6 credit thesis.
V.O: What will this course do for you?
ME: This course will certify my passion of helping people prevent and cure cardiopulmonary diseases such as arrhythmia, hypertension, hypotension etc. through exercise prescription and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
V.O: when did you finish Undergraduate?
ME: 2018
V.O: What have you been doing since then?
ME: I went for my compulsory NYSC where I worked with Sijuwade Specialist Hospital and I was retained after my service. I work in the histopathology lab where we process human tissues and examine for causes and treatment of diagnosed diseases.
V.O: Did you write any test?
ME: Yes, GRE 299
V.O: What’s your plan after school?
ME: I’ll come back to Nigeria to take up a lecturing job and also offer consultation services to cardiopulmonary rehabilitation organizations.
V.O: Who’s sponsoring you?
ME: My mother
V.O: What does she do?
ME: She’s a senior accountant with Nigerian Bottling Company
V.O: Do you have her statement?
ME: Pass it
V.O: I will be approving your VISA.

What course did you study? Are you a PHYSIOLOGY student?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Esther52190: 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
Yh, sevis name differs, mine too was management science instead of business analytics

Nascent:
Please I will like to ask if anyone has had their course name different from the one on the I-20 form? I'm curious as I have Business Analytics as my course but the I-20 form came with Management Science and Quantitative Methods. I messaged the school and the responded that the name differs because SEVIS have different names for courses.
I will like to get more clarification on this. Thank.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
solihp:

Congrats and welcome to Georgia State, Atlanta awaits you grin cheesy

Oshey chairlady, Atlanta division

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Juwon21: 8:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
House Good evening, please I need materials for GRE. I want to start preparing for next year winter session. I will appreciate anyone that can send it to me and even tips too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SkyTrustNG: 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
[quote author=Ojikutuqudus post=84175350][/quote]

Anatomy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dhrogbar: 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2019
Juwon21:
House Good evening, please I need materials for GRE. I want to start preparing for next year winter session. I will appreciate anyone that can send it to me and even tips too
Good evening, I have old copies. Kindly dm me if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Derailer(m): 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
Juwon21:

Me too please!

Anyone who wants to help?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oddy16: 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
You can get all you need in this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/523

Juwon21:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nascent(m): 11:04pm On Nov 19, 2019
Esther52190:
Yh, sevis name differs, mine too was management science instead of business analytics

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nascent(m): 11:07pm On Nov 19, 2019
Esther52190:

if you've been interviewed, how does the vo react to it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 11:32pm On Nov 19, 2019
Nascent:
if you've been interviewed, how does the vo react to it?

I think you can say, I'm going for my master's in business analytics with concentration in " what is in your i-20 ".
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 2:23am On Nov 20, 2019
iwriterng:

Oshey chairlady, Atlanta division

Eeeh, uncle Atlanta, how you dey grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by N2B2: 4:27am On Nov 20, 2019
Hi House, I'd appreciate it if anyone can help me review my proposed transcript. My interview is tomorrow.

No standardized tests
No scholarships or assistantship

(PROPOSED TRANSCRIPT)
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, pass me your i20 and passport.
VO: why are you going to the US?
Me: I'm going for a Master's degree in Educational Leadership and Administration at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
VO: How long is your program for?
Me: 24 months
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 2
VO: Name them
Me: Hamline University and Minnesota State University, Mankato.
VO: Did you write any standardized tests?
ME: No, they were not required.
VO: What will this course do for you?
Me: As an assistant headteacher for over a year, I have dabbled in the academic dimension of educational leadership, but to be a principal, I will require the leadership and administrative knowledge and skills that this course will provide; the electives and core subjects I will be taking cover Human Resource Management, Cultural Proficiency, Higher Education Administration, School Law, and School Finance. These are really important to me because I'll be taking over my family's school upon my return to Nigeria.
VO: Have you traveled out of the country before?
Me: Yes: to Malaysia, for my bachelor's degree.
VO: How long were you there for?
Me: 4 years.
VO: Who will be sponsoring you?
Me: My uncle (same surname)
VO: What does he do?
Me: He owns a property investment and consultancy company in the UK, as well as a chain of nurseries.
VO: I will be approving your visa. (Amen!)

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kekenation(m): 4:38am On Nov 20, 2019
Do joined The EducationUSA before enrolling at the school?
N2B2:
Hi House, I'd appreciate it if anyone can help me review my proposed transcript. My interview is tomorrow.

No standardized tests
No scholarships or assistantship

(PROPOSED TRANSCRIPT)
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, pass me your i20 and passport.
VO: why are you going to the US?
Me: I'm going for a Master's degree in Educational Leadership and Administration at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
VO: How long is your program for?
Me: 24 months
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 2
VO: Name them
Me: Hamline University and Minnesota State University, Mankato.
VO: Did you write any standardized tests?
ME: No, they were not required.
VO: What will this course do for you?
Me: As an assistant headteacher for over a year, I have dabbled in the academic dimension of educational leadership, but to be a principal, I will require the leadership and administrative knowledge and skills that this course will provide; the electives and core subjects I will be taking cover Human Resource Management, Cultural Proficiency, Higher Education Administration, School Law, and School Finance. These are really important to me because I'll be taking over my family's school upon my return to Nigeria.
VO: Have you traveled out of the country before?
Me: Yes: to Malaysia, for my bachelor's degree.
VO: How long were you there for?
Me: 4 years.
VO: Who will be sponsoring you?
Me: My uncle (same surname)
VO: What does he do?
Me: He owns a property investment and consultancy company in the UK, as well as a chain of nurseries.
VO: I will be approving your visa. (Amen!)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by N2B2: 4:40am On Nov 20, 2019
kekenation:
Do joined The EducationUSA before enrolling at the school?

No, not at all, sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 7:28am On Nov 20, 2019
N2B2:

Congratulations! Thank you for taking the time to post your transcript and the helpful hints. My interview is coming up very soon and I can't put into words how nerve-wracking preparations can be, so every transcript, approved or not, is very helpful.

Thanks! And congrats again.
Hey sir! Can we practice together?
My interview is coming up soon too

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: oluezekiel(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.