Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1367868 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Centripetal234: 1:19pm On Dec 11, 2019
horlahsunbo225:

You're not quality but u can message the grad cord for enquiry, on the ither hand some school lay more emphasis on ur 300 and 400 level CGPA.. So if it is lore than 3.5 they may allow u to apply

OK tks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2019
It is best you write it yourself, just be expressive concise and have a structured writing .
Trust me if you can't write an sop yourself you have no business schooling in the US.
I got into 4 graduate schools in the us writing my sop myself though the us admission system is holistic but it is a major factor.

d0pekellz:
Please house, how can i contact sop writer?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
Apply as soon as possible because dates are limited also still choose abuja to give yourself a better chance of getting a date and possibly a visa ..all the best.
As soon as you pay your visa fee , quickly book a date on the cgifederal site and then you can later fill the ds160 and update the new ds160 in your profile. Dates are limited now.
Geojnr:
Hello all,

I have been a silent reader on this thread and I really appreciate your individual contributions.

However, my F-1 visa was delayed yesterday at abuja consulate office. My school is resuming 13th of January 2020 and I wish to reapply as soon as possible.

When do you I need start filling a new ds-160, I was told i can only reschedule after three days. Please do I need to start a new ds-160 now and pay for a new visa fee so I can easily reschedule on that Friday. Friday is the third date which I am eligible to book an appointment.

Please i need your individual advise
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geojnr(m): 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
really?

can i pay now and book?

I was told to wait for three days after my initial delay. my past interview was yesterday

Wilston:
Apply as soon as possible because dates are limited also still choose abuja to give yourself a better chance of getting a date and possibly a visa ..all the best.
As soon as you pay your visa fee , quickly book a date on the cgifederal site and then you can later fill the ds160 and update the new ds160 in your profile. Dates are limited now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
horlahsunbo225:

To collect transcript?

To collect transcripsts and process WES evaluation?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
Geojnr:
White lady

VO: have you been to the US?
me: No

VO: why are you going to the US
Me: I am going to the US for a masters degree in mechanical engineering.

VO: why this School?
Me: apart from being affordable, they have the best research lab which would be an enabling environment to gain quality knowledge in enhancing my skills

VO: what do you do currently?
Me: I work as a technician at xxxxxx

Vo: Who is your sponsor?
me: my aunt

Vo:What does she do?
Me: she is a senior legal advisor at xxxxxx

VO: do you have any relation in the US?
Me: No

VO: sorry you're not eligible blah blah

I think I wasn't audience enough, then in filling my ds-160 I used myself as the one paying for the trip and also I didn't include my current job there.

This changes I intend to make

Please I need your advise, should I start filling my ds -160 now? So as to schedule when the time frame is due

Correct those on your DS-160.
What's your deficit?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geojnr(m): 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2019
my deficit is $6k but my aunt statemt is 6times that amount VO never asked of it
I received GA
Pefuele:

Correct those on your DS-160. What's your deficit?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
Pefuele:

To collect transcripsts and process WES evaluation?
The school website has a payemnt protal where u can pay and leave the address u want it to be send to..
The process takes 2 weeks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funmi27: 2:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
Hello Wilston,

Please have you recently heard an update abt d dates in lagos for reschedule? Been checking as usual but December is still not available.

Wilston:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Acceptjesus: 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2019
Hello sir/ ma,

This is my story, I need urgent help, I have been looking out for a date for interview Lagos or Abuja. my orientation is on the 6th of januar and classes start on the 13th.

The Abuja date is now January 26th. what can I do? Lagos is already February 22.

I need help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vullia: 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
[quote author=Vullia post=84787136][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
Geojnr:
my deficit is $6k but my aunt statemt is 6times that amount
VO never asked of it

I received GA

Ok, great but your points on why the school and who is your sponsor is weak.

Get your points well and try find a date.

And which school are you going?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2019
horlahsunbo225:

The school website has a payemnt protal where u can pay and leave the address u want it to be send to..
The process takes 2 weeks

Two weeks to process and send it to the address?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 2:31pm On Dec 11, 2019
Pefuele:

Two weeks to process and send it to the address?
According to the information on the portal
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
horlahsunbo225:

According to the information on the portal

Hahaha! I would want someone who has done the WES evaluation. I want to know the time frame and the financial outlay.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 3:11pm On Dec 11, 2019
Acceptjesus:

Hello sir/ ma,

This is my story, I need urgent help, I have been looking out for a date for interview Lagos or Abuja. my orientation is on the 6th of januar and classes start on the 13th.

The Abuja date is now January 26th. what can I do? Lagos is already February 22.

I need help.

Ah Lagos February 22? it keeps getting farther
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geojnr(m): 3:23pm On Dec 11, 2019
thanks for your response. I have seen people use their aunt's statement.

can I pay and reschedule an appointment now?
Pefuele:

Ok, great but your points on why the school and who is your sponsor is weak.
Get your points well and try find a date.
And which school are you going?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 4:09pm On Dec 11, 2019
Please I was denied F1 visa last week. Now, February 12 February is the earliest date which is way beyond the Start date. Please I need someone who can allow God to use him/her for me, that can reschedule his interview is falls in any day from 16th December to 10th January. So that I can quickly have a closer date, and not miss this opportunity.
For example, if it's December 17 you've chosen before, you can shift to let say January 22, provided that it won't affect you.
NOTE: New applicants have closer earliest date than the second attempt applicants.
Please everyone help me out!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chidon360: 4:14pm On Dec 11, 2019
Timilehin3:

My Expedite appointment was approved this morning.

I am going to UConn.

That’s good bro. Which date were u given?
I want to apply aswell
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 4:16pm On Dec 11, 2019
Ftos:
Please I was denied F1 visa last week. Now, February 12 February is the earliest date which is way beyond the Start date. Please I need someone who can allow God to use him/her for me, that can reschedule his interview is falls in any day from 16th December to 10th January. So that I can quickly have a closer date, and not miss this opportunity.
For example, if it's December 17 you've chosen before, you can shift to let say January 22, provided that it won't affect you.
NOTE: New applicants have closer earliest date than the second attempt applicants.

Haha. May God answer your prayer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
Hello house,
Please how can a situation like this be handled.
Name on certificate : Mbam Tochi David
Name on passport : Mbam Tochukwu David

Is it a problem? And how can one go about it pls.
*The name is just for example sake.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lillith: 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
If you are first time applicant, please check later today. My friend saw a date in January this morning but was later able to pick December 16 for his interview.

Acceptjesus:

Hello sir/ ma,

I need help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lillith: 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
Centripetal234:
Please if schools say average GPA is 3.5 and you have 3.4 does that mean you are not qualify for admission?

You could still qualify for admission, average is not the same as minimum required. I say this from my own experience, my average required GRE quant score was 165 and I got in with a score below 160.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funmi27: 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2019
Lagos or Abuja, did he/she apply for an expedited appointment pls?(if no, kindly share the time he/she checked nd was able to get a date in December). Please help a sister....

lillith:
If you are first time applicant, please check later today. My friend saw a date in January this morning but was later able to pick December 16 for his interview.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lillith: 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
Funmi27:
Lagos or Abuja, did he/she apply for an expedited appointment pls?(if no, kindly share the time he/she checked nd was able to get a date in December). Please help a sister....

Abuja and No, he didn't apply for expedited appointment. He checked between 4pm to 4:45 this Evening. Hope this helps
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
Your thinking is wrong and inconsiderate , people should shift their interview date so you can get one ? you are very funny
Even if that happens what are your chances of even getting the open date when so many others are searching as well.
Try applying for an emergency date and prayerfully keep searching.
Ftos:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funmi27: 6:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
Thanks for the feedback... i am actually trying to reschedule from January to December, Lagos Consular. It seems they don’t have a precise time nd d one can’t view d portal more than 5 times a day.

I’ll keep checking till some thing happens.
lillith:

Abuja and No, he didn't apply for expedited appointment. He checked between 4pm to 4:45 this Evening. Hope this helps
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by HerMoney: 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
He can't even get am emergency date coz he's been denied in the last 2 months. This is my predicament too. But I won't ask sb to shift their date for me even if it was possible. To the original poster - You think dates on the calendar have your name marked on them? You are funny indeed. Deferring is your next option.
Wilston:
Your thinking is wrong and inconsiderate , people should shift their interview date so you can get one ? you are very funny
Even if that happens what are your chances of even getting the open date when so many others are searching as well.
Try applying for an emergency date and prayerfully keep searching.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by triplebaba: 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
Please i need to right GRE..., please what are my chances of passing it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 6:49pm On Dec 11, 2019
Your chances of passing it is Left.

triplebaba:
Please i need to right GRE..., please what are my chances of passing it?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by triplebaba: 7:27pm On Dec 11, 2019
I mean I need to write GRE... seriously what are my chances of passing it. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 7:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
Which kind of question is this you want to write exam and you are asking your chances of passing it are we the ones writing it for you or you writing it yourself ....it’s your capacity only you knows the answer to that question
triplebaba:
I mean I need to write GRE... seriously what are my chances of passing it. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.