Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,309 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357447 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2019
Hi great people,

Please those in Ohio University or if you have idea about the school. Is TOEFL required for Nigerians?

My graduate coordinator wasn't sure and asked me to check the portal, but the information on their website is not clear.

If you know someone or have experience in this school, kindly assist
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Derailer(m): 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2019
brashear:

google drive link to download the book.

Can't you just send it here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ekunsgreat: 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
But you had lied first and that will be on your profile [quote author=olandex post=84904572][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geojnr(m): 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
hello all,

i picked a date on the 13th January which my classes are meant to resume and my school agreed to extend my resumption to 29 January.

please I need your advise. will it warrant for automatic visa denial

Geojnr:
how many times can one be allowed to reschedule an appointment?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2019
Geojnr:
hello all,

i picked a date on the 13th January which my classes are meant to resume and my school agreed to extend my resumption to 29 January.

please I need your advise. will it warrant for automatic visa denial

If they are willing to extend your resumption to 29th and your interview is 13th, then it's still fine, just be sure to take along the extension letter to the interview. However, if i were you and you haven't resceduled before,i will still keep looking for a closer date as a back up plan

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geojnr(m): 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2019
thanks I will request for extension letter from the school.

but I have rescheduled before. cancelling an appointment, will I be demanded to pay a new fee?

solihp:

If they are willing to extend your resumption to 29th and your interview is 13th, then it's still fine, just be sure to take along the extension letter to the interview. However, if i were you and you haven't resceduled before,i will still keep looking for a closer date as a back up plan
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2019
frapzkid:
Good morning house
Please is the university of north Texas a good school, what is the ranking .
The total fees for masters in Data Analytics for 2 years is 26600 dollars. How much do I have to show in my bank statement

Is quite sad , no one wanna reply me (sobbing)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2019
Geojnr:
thanks I will request for extension letter from the school.

but I have rescheduled before. cancelling an appointment, will I be demanded to pay a new fee?

Yes, you'd need to pay another fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by elijman: 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2019
A new member here grin grin

Please, I would like to know universities in US that do give Funding (full or half)
Program: MS in finance
CGPA(WES): 3.56/4.00 in International Finance (undergrad)
And I'm planning on writing GRE next month

Kindly help a brother
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lillith: 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2019
I just googled the university of North Texas and it is ranked 281 in the US, also ranked as one of the most affordable schools worldwide, so I think this is good. As for what you need to have in your account statement, the school's financial page will tell you that, cos they mostly include the total cost of living. Take heart and remember 'google is your friend'

frapzkid:

Is quite sad , no one wanna reply me (sobbing)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 7:23pm On Dec 14, 2019
JejeIsLife:

You should have include your son. You son would have serve as a strong home tie.

The V.O knew your age is beyond B.sc, knowing fully well that you might have done a first degree here in nigeria.

I will advise you to re&apply again and add your son.

Justwise over to you sir.
His son is not even the issue here at all. It has no business in this and since he had already said he has no child, he can't tell them the truth now. It already recorded in the system.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 7:25pm On Dec 14, 2019
elijman:

Please, I would like to know universities in US that do give Funding (full or half)

Kindly help a brother
Thank you
You have to check the websites. All highly ranked universities in the US give funding. So it's up to you to visit their websites and check funding availability for your course.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fabyom: 9:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
Walspring:
To all who sent me PM/email, I have replied back since and if you didn’t get it in your email inbox, kindly check your junk box or spam box.
Thank you so much my good brother for the Gre registration! God will continue to bless you abundantly. Amen!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by abiolahydee(f): 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2019
elijman:

Kindly help a brother
Thank you

I’m interested in this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nicolars(m): 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2019
Hello house, been following this thread for quite a while and other previous ones. I am still an undergrad, going to graduate next October. I'm studying computer engineering in school. I would like to know courses relating to programming and software development I can go for in the US and schools available. I currently have a gp of about 4.2/5 (hoping my lecturers don't tamper with it before i grad grin grin grin).

Adequate info would be so much appreciated or links I can get them from. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 10:46pm On Dec 14, 2019
Nicolars:
Hello house, been following this thread for quite a while and other previous ones. I am still an undergrad, going to graduate next October. I'm studying computer engineering in school. I would like to know courses relating to programming and software development I can go for in the US and schools available. I currently have a gp of about 4.2/5 (hoping my lecturers don't tamper with it before i grad grin grin grin).

Adequate info would be so much appreciated or links I can get them from. Thanks
Computer science, Software Engineering, Data science.
Most US schools will offer computer science
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:08am On Dec 15, 2019
Good evening

Please what does it mean for a school to be highly ranked? Like what is the range?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 12:23am On Dec 15, 2019
[quote author=Dgreatestt post=84846875][/quote]
Work on your study plan: total hours credit, mention research, seminar, few courses
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gozychuks(m): 8:29am On Dec 15, 2019
What are the current available dates
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 9:51am On Dec 15, 2019
Manhattan series has been known to be resourceful in preparation for GRE quant section. Lately, Google has blocked its download access.

Please anyone with old PDF files of Manhattan 5LB and Manhattan 8 set of strategy can send it to my email: princeuk8743@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Juwon21: 10:12am On Dec 15, 2019
Hello brother, are you saying one can still do well with a week preparation from your personal experience

electromagnito:
That bro asking about GRE... boss just prepare like your normal exam... i had just 1week to prepare for mine.. lol i no even read but i still blast am
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 15, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Good evening

Please what does it mean for a school to be highly ranked? Like what is the range?

While this might be relative, generally, a highly ranked school should fall amongst the Grade A schools, say: A+, A & A-.
They are usually in the Top 30 - 50schools in the US.
Use usnews.com and msinus.com to confirm these categories.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 15, 2019
Interview @ Window 5, Lagos Consulate.
The hottest window.

VO: Good Morning,
She: Good Morning Sir.
VO: Where are you going in the US?
(VO was a white American Man, with highly fluent accent, one might not comprehend properly, if you weren't attentive)
She: Oyinbo, abeg no rush me, take am small small.
Everybody: grin grin grin
VO: Madam, bla, bla, bla, with a pink paper.
Everybody became shocked, realizing he was a no nonsense VO. Many wanted to avoid him but couldnt, he doesnt go beyond 45sec.
It happened on 12th.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by martAKINOLA(m): 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2019
Schrodinger1:
Interview @ Window 5, Lagos Consulate.
The hottest window.

VO: Good Morning,
She: Good Morning Sir.
VO: Where are you going in the US?
(VO was a white American Man, with highly fluent accent, one might not comprehend properly, if you weren't attentive)
She: Oyinbo, abeg no rush me, take am small small.
Everybody: grin grin grin
VO: Madam, bla, bla, bla, with a pink paper.
Everybody became shocked, realizing he was a no nonsense VO. Many wanted to avoid him but couldnt, he doesnt go beyond 45sec.
It happened on 12th.

Y are you messing around here �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by martAKINOLA(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2019
olandex:
Please help me figure out what goes wrong here yesterday at Abuja : am 26years old going for BS degree It's a problem?

vo: how do you know about this university ?
Me: a formal classmate of mine did he bs degree in computer science at this school and he spoke highly of WVSU as a place where I can get quality education at a relatively affordable cost and he told me about the numerous opportunities the school offer and he found employment immediately he got back to Nigeria.
Vo: have you marry?
Me: no but I have a fiancee.
Vo: children?
Me: no.
Vo: WHO is sponsoring you?
me: my father, he's a medical doctor and the CEO of so so hospital.

I watched him typing something like father before denied..
Then he brought deny letter

Please help me review this script actually I have a son but is not with me and I don't include him on DS-160, please what can i do before reapply..

You could have said your fiance is pregnant
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by electromagnito: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2019
Juwon21:
Hello brother, are you saying one can still do well with a week preparation from your personal experience

it all depend on you, well everyone has different method of reading, for me; i always ready 2-3days before any exam i have... for you it might be different, yoruba will say ori yato si ori �����

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kentz3: 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2019
Good day guys ,please who know of any cheap hotel in Abuja close to USA embassy dat is around 5k? Jst to pass the night before going for interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2019
Optimal hotel
Kentz3:
Good day guys ,please who know of any cheap hotel in Abuja close to USA embassy dat is around 5k? Jst to pass the night before going for interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 6:29pm On Dec 15, 2019
I just got an email that I have been shortlisted for a Skype admission interview. It is for a PhD program. Please I need advice from people that have had similar experiences. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omoobaadeNGR: 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2019
sonofakin:
I just got an email that I have been shortlisted for a Skype admission interview. It is for a PhD program. Please I need advice from people that have had similar experiences. Thank you
Relax, it normally should be a friendly conversation with your prospective advisor or admission committee. Get familiar with your previous research and know what you wrote in your SOP. Show passion and be cheerful. Success.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 7:01pm On Dec 15, 2019
From the email I was sent, the admission committee will be involved. Thank you very much for your advice.
omoobaadeNGR:

Relax, it normally should be a friendly conversation with your prospective advisor or admission committee. Get familiar with your previous research and know what you wrote in your SOP. Show passion and be cheerful. Success.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Juwon21: 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2019
Thank you for your response, you just encouraged me cos work takes my mind. I sent a PM to you.
electromagnito:
it all depend on you, well everyone has different method of reading, for me; i always ready 2-3days before any exam i have... for you it might be different, yoruba will say ori yato si ori �����

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.