Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360827 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rkarang: 9:41am On Dec 29, 2019
ponpon:
When did you send this message? Please email!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 10:24am On Dec 29, 2019
Congrats
Please what was your deficit in your i20 form? Western Illinois needs toefl while western michigan needs gre. How do I go about it?

tegipraise:
Thank you Nairaland Family for inspiring me greatly with your knowledge and experiences. I am a silent reader and I studied this thread like a bible with a jotter and pen from Part 13. I enjoyed both the life transforming knowledge and all the quarrels and arguments cheesy

Visa Approved on the 24th Oct and Passport collected 28th Oct 2019

Graduated with a degree in Microbiology, 2015
Refused study visa 3 times in Canada and the last refusal was March 2019.
This was my first application to the US, University of New Haven. Masters in chemistry for winter 2020
No Gre
No TOEFL
No IELTS
Sponsor: Uncle with different surname
Interview time: 6:45am. Lagos,

I got to the embassy around 5:25am, I saw lot of people already, some even dressed like they just woke up from sleep and some looked like they were just going to greet the VO who is their relative hahahahaha, NOTE: please you must dress well and look smart, imagine you are going for an interview in a bank, how will you dress? not necessarily suit which looks too formal and common. I wore a well starched collarless coffee brown long-sleeves tucked in my light brown chinos trouser with a suede brown shoe. Please don't cut your hair a day to interview, do it like 3 days to, the looks is different. I even did facial massage, use cucumber to remove eye bags and i will drinking lots of water to have white eyes and hydrated skin. grin grin I prepared all round sha. I went in well equiped.

After I did all the bio metrics stuff, I finally entered the interview hall, I was consciously looking for the black american ladies people talked about here but I didnt see them. All VOs were white male. I was interviewed by a young VO in window 1, the window by the entrance door and he approved 4 persons before me but questioned them alot.

VO: Good morning
Me: Hi Good morning, good to see you wink (cheerfully)
VO; Good to see you too ( with a surprise look)
VO; passport and i20
Me: sure (gave him). He typed for few mins
VO: Where are you going to
me: I am going for a research masters degree in chemistry with conc. in drug discovery chemistry at the UNH, Connecticut.
VO: why this schoool
Me: A lot of reasons made me choose UNH but for the purpose of this interview I’ll enumerate just 4;
Firstly, I am very keen and interested in research; and I have a passion for cancer treatment, the chemistry department is currently conducting a research in collaboration with Yale University Scientist and cancer center. This research is focused on laboratory synthesis of natural product and their analogues, polyoxygenated and heterocyclic compounds for the design of drug molecules like antibacterial and anticancer chemotherapeutic agent. The motivation is to discover and develop new approaches, new vaccines and new drug delivery systems and integrating them with experiment into chemical materials like green catalyst and cancer drug to improve survival rate of adult diagnosed with leukemia. (cut in)

VO: How many university did you apply to
ME: Western Illinois University, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada.

VO: who is you sponsor
ME: my uncle
VO: what does he do
ME: He is a renowned financial economist and the chief financial officer and partner of the bleep and treasurer of the bleep bleep.
VO: do you have your reciprocacy fee here?
VO: yes i do
the rest was history grin

I noticed the VO kept reading my D120 form in his system, NOTE: what you fill in your D120 form is very important and it determines your approval or refusal already, the interview seems to, just come and confirm perhaps with evidence what is on your D120 form. Please fill your form online yourself like i did and screen shot or write important information like dates and figures on a paper so you wont forget after you had submitted your form.

Mehn I fasted and prayed oh, even took 14 days to my interview off work. Miracles are real, if not for anything it boosted my confidence and i was alert. I knew who ever will interview me will approve me.
Dont talk too fast or too slow, demonstrate with your hands and use a passionate expression on your face like I did for study of cancer, because its killing our people everyday wink angry sad

Prepare your transcript and act it like home video. I felt like an actor rehearsing for a shot.

God is the ultimate joor, nobody can tell me otherwise. Its my experience.

REMEMBER: Pray it into existence and work it into existence. God bless you all.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2019
I don't think WIU requires Toefl

Princekenuk:
Congrats
Please what was your deficit in your i20 form? Western Illinois needs toefl while western michigan needs gre. How do I go about it?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2019
The two countries offer the best of what you can get. With the right academic credentials, you can study on full-ride funding and still get paid monthly in the US. The stipend helps fund other expenses. I will advice you to consider the US and start you application as soon as possible, in case you are looking at 2020.
Best!
Zluky:
Please my ogas in the house. I am planning to go for MS Electrical Engineering. I am confused on which to focus on Germany or US.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by francophone134: 10:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
Princekenuk:
Congrats
Please what was your deficit in your i20 form? Western Illinois needs toefl while western michigan needs gre. How do I go about it?congratulations.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by francophone134: 10:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
[quote author=francophone134 post=85330572][/quote]congratulations dear
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jokeydamson(f): 12:50am On Dec 30, 2019
Have tries to review previous post, yet to hold onto vital information....... Can someone please give me the guidelines on fist step .

And what do you mean by school funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 4:25am On Dec 30, 2019
Yaks2guy

Your prepared responses are much better but they are too long and I doubt if the VO will have d patience. Make it in bullet points, hit straight to the point early in your response.

Also, I wanted to ask if the school waive English for you/Nigerians.

Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Omolade1998: 9:43am On Dec 30, 2019
I want to pay for my sevis fee but all the bank I went to said they can't make the payment. My interview is on Friday.Can anybody be of help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JonSnow23: 10:02am On Dec 30, 2019
Omolade1998:
I want to pay for my sevis fee but all the bank I went to said they can't make the payment. My interview is on Friday.Can anybody be of help

I know Nigerians use people over there to make payments. Generate a coupon page, pay to a trusted person in US.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 10:08am On Dec 30, 2019
Omolade1998:

Damn. It's getting too late. Contact walspring Asap
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2019
Please is there any US resident who did his first degree in Pharmacy back in Nigeria?

Like someone in US who obtained a B.Pharm ( Bachelor of pharmacy) here in Nigeria ?

Or perhaps you know about that profession in the US?

Because I'll soon conclude my Bachelor of Pharmacy and would like to have an insight into my options in order to make an appropriate decision as soon as I graduate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 12:44pm On Dec 30, 2019
ndubuisi1213:
Greetings fam

Is there any postgraduate school or rather schools that does postgraduate in US with out IELTS that you can recommend for me?

My Gp is 2.99

Postgraduate?, do you mean PGD?
If yes, why not go for masters since your GP of 2.99/4 will get you admission for masters in tier2 schools.

Besides, I hardly hear of PGD in the USA

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by udi2111: 1:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
Please I need suggestions.
How easy is it to change school immediately after arriving in the US to another school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funmi27: 2:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
You can’t make the payment here in Nigeria sis, kindly contact walspring or a trusted person u know in d US nd ensure d payment is made today or tomorrow unfailingly (jan1st is a public holiday) nd I won’t even advise you to pay on d second because I suffered d fate of been unable to make payment here in Nigeria nd late payment which resulted to my visa been delayed. I hop you get someone to assist you with it soon.

Where is you interview (lagos or abuja)?

Omolade1998:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 2:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
Hello dear, have u had your interview?
Funmi27:
You can’t make the payment here in Nigeria sis, kindly contact walspring or a trusted person u know in d US nd ensure d payment is made today or tomorrow unfailingly (jan1st is a public holiday) nd I won’t even advise you to pay on d second because I suffered d fate of been unable to make payment here in Nigeria nd late payment which resulted to my visa been delayed. I hop you get someone to assist you with it soon.

Where is you interview (lagos or abuja)?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by davisoncrusoe25: 3:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
Hello People!

Please can someone suggest how I can get a cosigner for a student loan? I mean is there someone I can pay to act as a cosigner?
I don't have anyone who's a US citizen or permanent resident.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vullia: 8:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
Hello house... Kindly help with my proposed transcript.

VO: Good morning and pass me your document .

Me: Good morning and passed my document .

VO: why are you going to the US

Me : am going for my masters in business Administration at Gannon university in Erie Pennsylvania.

VO: how many school did you apply and how many gave you admission.

Me : 2 and they both gave me admission.

VO: why Gannon university.

Me: I choose Gannon university because their curriculum are well structured for my chosen course and they help student with values,vision and skills to lead professional and personal lives.based on what I read they guild student in achieving they career objective .

VO.why us and not in your country

Me ; us is known for it's higher education opportunities and academic experience in the us is well valued all around the world,more so global experience will help my carrier so well.

VO: why MBA and what will this degree do for you

Me: skills derived from MBA is relevant for virtually all job positions ,skills like ,effective communication ,networking and expert problem solving skills.these skills are important to run and organisation perfectly and effectively. This degree will help my interpersonal skills and my leadership skills.

VO: how did you hear about the school.

Me : my Boss at work is an alumni of the school,he told me how their curriculum is well structured and I also went on the internet for research to know more about it .

VO: what's your study plan ,

Me : I will be going to Gannon university in erie Pennsylvania for my masters in business administration for 25months afterwards I come back to assume an higher position in the organization where I work presently.

VO: who will be sponsoring you

Me : my uncle

Me: ,he owns a 5 star hotel in abuja and also logistics manager in NNPC .

VO: are you married

me : No.

Kindly assist in correcting where I need to be corrected.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 11:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
Vullia:
Hello house... Kindly help with my proposed transcript.

VO: Good morning and pass me your document .

Me: Good morning and passed my document .

VO: why are you going to the US

Me : am going for my masters in business Administration at Gannon university in Erie Pennsylvania.

VO: how many school did you apply and how many gave you admission.

Me : 2 and they both gave me admission.

VO: why Gannon university.

Me: I choose Gannon university because their curriculum are well structured for my chosen course and they help student with values,vision and skills to lead professional and personal lives.based on what I read they guild student in achieving they career objective .

VO.why us and not in your country

Me ; us is known for it's higher education opportunities and academic experience in the us is well valued all around the world,more so global experience will help my carrier so well.

VO: why MBA and what will this degree do for you

Me: skills derived from MBA is relevant for virtually all job positions ,skills like ,effective communication ,networking and expert problem solving skills.these skills are important to run and organisation perfectly and effectively. This degree will help my interpersonal skills and my leadership skills.

VO: how did you hear about the school.

Me : my Boss at work is an alumni of the school,he told me how their curriculum is well structured and I also went on the internet for research to know more about it .

VO: what's your study plan ,

Me : I will be going to Gannon university in erie Pennsylvania for my masters in business administration for 25months afterwards I come back to assume an higher position in the organization where I work presently.

VO: who will be sponsoring you

Me : my uncle

Me: ,he owns a 5 star hotel in abuja and also logistics manager in NNPC .

VO: are you married

me : No.

Kindly assist in correcting where I need to be corrected.

Thanks.

Your responses to why the school and course are unconvincing, very weak.

Why MBA
Your reply should be about how it will help advance your career, taking up a new or leading role in your company or multinational company. You talked about yourself at the tail end and it wasn't profound enough.

You should read past transcript so as to know how to prepare a better response.

Best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:56am On Dec 31, 2019
RealTrump:

Your prepared responses are much better but they are too long and I doubt if the VO will have d patience. Make it in bullet points, hit straight to the point early in your response.

Besides, did that school waive English for you? Or do you know if they waive English for Nigerians?

Good luck
Thank you verymuch for your response, I will rework my responses such that the key points are stated earlier and possibly back them up with more points if permitted.

No, the school doesn't waive English for Nigerians, a minimum score of 80 is required for TOEFL ibt.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:59am On Dec 31, 2019
electromagnito:
i find your original transcript well organized but i think the problem is your travel history and relationship status ..i want to believe if you try and engage the VO about your phd in more details he will overlook that.
Thank you very much for your response. That's why I am trying my best to ensure the essence/benefits of the Ph.D. is well pronounced during the interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ijomobi(m): 11:28am On Dec 31, 2019
please guys I would like to know which exam is easier to pass between PTE & IELTS.
school required (59 for PTE) & 5.5 for (IELTS).
I have little time to practice before taken the exam.
Please help a brother make decision.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
Ijomobi:
please guys I would like to know which exam is easier to pass between PTE & IELTS.
school required (59 for PTE) & 5.5 for (IELTS).
I have little time to practice before taken the exam.
Please help a brother make decision.
Thanks
Fewer applicants write PTE, a 5.5 bands on IELTS is a low requirement. However, find time and practice, aim higher.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ijomobi(m): 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2019
brashear:

Fewer applicants write PTE, a 5.5 bands on IELTS is a low requirement. However, find time and practice, aim higher.

OK... Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by demo4show(m): 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2019
walspring. please check your mail. its urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omoobaadeNGR: 3:49pm On Dec 31, 2019
Hi, for those who couldn't process their visas before SEVIS fee payment expires, what does your payment status read on fmjfee.com? Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kemade14: 5:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
Walspring:

That’s how it sound but the explanation I sent big boss.
Walspring, kindly send your email address to.Please treat as urgent.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kemade14: 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
favouredtk:
I got my TOEFL registered at a discount price! Thanks to @Walspring and all the benevolent people who made it possible. God bless you all.
Kindly send his mail address, it's urgent.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kCatalyst: 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
kemade14:

Walspring, kindly send your email address to oluwakemi.as@gmail.com. Please treat as urgent.

Check your mail.
Success.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2019
Hi everyone, I registered to 4 schools that doesn’t request English proficiency exam from Nigerians/ degree earn in Nigeria. I registered and submitted to University of Kansas in a haste just to meet up with the application deadline ; 7/01/2020 (for funding). After submission, it now dawned on me that Nigeria is not included as part of the English proficiency waived countries; this was a rude shock considering the fact that Kansas state university waived TOEFL/IELTS for Nigerians and shared similar deadline with the former.

I sent a message to the department but they are currently on break until 6/01/2020. Well, I somehow crossed my mind and not to think of the worse possible outcome.

However, do anyone know if any Nigerian(s) get admission and funding to Uni of Kansas without English proficiency exam ?

By the way, intended program is MA Political Science with GRE score- 318

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.