Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360078 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 3:17pm On Dec 21, 2019
Tohsine:

Good day solihp

I was denied this week at Lagos.

The conversation was going fine until the part that I worked in a bank. Needless to say, I'm going for masters in Engineering with full funding.

Me: I worked at ******* as bleep.

VO: A bank?

Me: Yes

VO: That's a hook ( started typing). I can not approve your visa at this time.....

My concern was that I was not given any paper whatsoever to know why the VO didn't approve it.

I have paid for another interview, I am about to choose a date in Abuja, because it has earlier date. Is it possible to reschedule to Lagos after choosing Abuja?

Do I need to complete another DS 160?

Hi sorry to hear about the denial, it doesn't matter if you were given a paper or not, the paper is just a generic paper given to everyone denied.

Also, you might want to post your full transcript so the gurus can determine what went wrong

If you initially chose Abuja, to chose Lagos, you have to cancel Abuja's appointment. You can only reschedule if you're rescheduling to the same location.

And yes, you have a fill another DS form
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Alhamdulillaah: 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
anikemoses:
No need putting undue pressure on yourselves, simply defer your admission to Fall, that way you have time to seek fundings from the school or other school, y’all also have ample time(120 days) to apply for your visa..

Thank you
I have resigned to deferring my admission to fall. I did get funding but will be seeking external scholarship too and also looking out for the outcome of the schools I applied to in Canada. It is well...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kallowdean(m): 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2019
Congratulations to the college applicants that I have selected.

Well, it was not an easy task, reviewing almost 100 emails. Am not a perfectionist, but in all fairness, I tried my possible best.
Those selected know themselves and they are solely free to make comments here. Those not selected should not despair as many more chances will come out soon.

Some call it Christmas gift, while I call it service to humanity in all capacity we can find ourselves.
As at this month in 2016, I was still in Naija fight to get admission overseas. But now I hold an MSEE and am close to a potential PhD.
If not for God and the support I got from people like @Walspring @texterem and many selfless individuals, I would not be in the US myself.

So, glory is to God. We will continue to give back to the community for God's love.
Insha Allah, I will pay the application fees for them before December ending or first week of January.

kallowdean:
UPDATE:

I received almost 60 emails and I tried my possible best to respond to almost everyone, even within my busy schedule.
I faced so many challenges as many entries/applicants/students failed to provide the actual details of documents I had initially requested.

NOTE:
**There is a difference between WES Credential Report and WES iGPA calculator ( I did NOT request for an iGPA)
**The GRE is sufficient irrespective of the score, but many gave me a score where I could not even see their names.
**This assist is for STEM students
**The Application fee must NOT exceed $60. I expect students to have up to 3 different college choices.

FOR NOW: I have only selected 2 person(s) but will reach out to them before Xmas to finalize the login and pay their application fees.

Other STEM students having a complete authentic WES report and GRE score may still reach out to me.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kallowdean(m): 5:47pm On Dec 21, 2019

Well, it was not an easy task, reviewing almost 100 emails. Am not a perfectionist, but in all fairness, I tried my possible best.
Those selected know themselves and they are solely free to make comments here. Those not selected should not despair as many more chances will come out soon.

Some call it Christmas gift, while I call it service to humanity in all capacity we can find ourselves.
As at this month in 2016, I was still in Naija fight to get admission overseas. But now I hold an MSEE and am close to a potential PhD.
If not for God and the support I got from people like @Walspring @texterem and many selfless individuals, I would not be in the US myself.

So, glory is to God. We will continue to give back to the community for God's love.
Insha Allah, I will pay the application fees for them before December ending or first week of January.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2019
kallowdean:

Though you didn't select me because I didnt your requirement. Wax stronger boss!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2019
Tohsine:

Good day solihp

I was denied this week at Lagos.

The conversation was going fine until the part that I worked in a bank. Needless to say, I'm going for masters in Engineering with full funding.

Me: I worked at ******* as bleep.

VO: A bank?

Me: Yes

VO: That's a hook ( started typing). I can not approve your visa at this time.....

My concern was that I was not given any paper whatsoever to know why the VO didn't approve it.

I have paid for another interview, I am about to choose a date in Abuja, because it has earlier date. Is it possible to reschedule to Lagos after choosing Abuja?

Do I need to complete another DS 160?

Please which school is that? Did your course align with your course during Bachelor's degree?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2019
querida:
First interview (denied)
School: University of Louisiana Lafayette
Deficit : 37k, no funding
July 8 2019

Me: Good morning
V.O: Good morning. Pass your I-20
V.O: why are you going to the US
Me: I'm going to pursue my master's degree in mechanical engineering at ULL
V.O: why the US
Me: I have a new role that requires enhanced and up to date knowledge. Where else but the US where I have the opportunity of interacting with the best brains in the field.
V.O: who is sponsoring you
Me: my husband, a manger at xxxx. I also have personal savings that is enough to take care of my living expenses.
V.O: sorry you are not qualified

2nd interview (approved)
Funding: tution waiver, deficit 12k
Date: 18th December
VO is a slim white man at window 4

Me: Good morning sir
VO: Good morning ma'am.
VO: why are you going to the US
Me: I'm going to pursue my masters in engineering with a concentration in mechanical engineering at the university of Louisiana Lafayette
VO:asides this school. Did you apply to others
Me: yes. University of Arkansas and west Virginia university, asides ULL
VO: why the school
Me: I chose the ULL because it has a concentration of mechanical engineering that aligns with what I currently do. The program places emphasis on computer aided design and system vibration. The program also utilizes the university's energy institute where advanced research is being carried out in my area of interest by industry based professionals. I like the that these proffesionals use the advanced design concepts that I wish to learn. The knowledge I'll get from the program is practical and will be useful in me effectively functioning as a piping Engineer when I return.
VO:what are the advanced design concepts
Me: stress analysis in piping systems and material selection of pipes.
VO: i see you have an assistantship. Who will you be working with
Me: I will be working with,sorry, assisting Dr X in the class and laboratory. Grading assignments, invigilating exams and holding office hours.
VO:how did you get it. Did you talk to anyone?
Me: I sent an email to the grad cord. We spoke about the curriculum. He then reviewed my credentials; was impressed and recommended me for an assistantship.
V.O: who pays for the deficit
Me: my father
V.O: what does he do
Me: he is businessman and he has a couple of oil and gas stations.
VO: did you have this GA the first time:
Me: no
V.O: have you travelled before
Me: No, I've not had a reason to.
V.O: what do you do
Me: I'm a Piping engr at xxxx. I design piping systems and ensure the integrity of the designed system. I also carry out quality checks on digital models of fabricated pipes to reduce error and save cost of installation.
V.O: you're married?
Me: yes I am
V.O: is this your only child?
Me: yes, she is
V.O: what about your husband
Me: my husband works as a manager in xxxx. While I'm studying, he will be working here. Although, We have plans of me visiting with the baby during summer.
V.O: do you have your father's bank statement
Me: yes I do. I also have my personal statement of account. ( gave him the two and indicated which was mine when he asked)
V.O: I'll be approving visa for you and your daughter. Pay your reciprocity fee at .........

Thanks to fairheart for helping with my mock interviews.

Hey! Querida, Congrats!
I just sent you a PM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Zluky: 11:39pm On Dec 21, 2019
Do you think the person has got chance with presenting joint SOA with the spouse.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gitano97(m): 11:51pm On Dec 21, 2019
US INTERVIEW DENIED (16/12/19)
MY WIFE INTEND TO GO HAVE OUR SECOND CHILD IN THE US. They lady asked to see all the price quotes from the Doctor we intended to see in Houston Texas. We intended using WEST HOUSTON MEDICAL CENTRE , Houston Texas. We showed her the total excluding accomodation n flight was $9,200. She took a walk n returned saying that the true cost is $18k, and that the hospital gave us a discounted price. Obviously we had no idea the price was discounted. She went further to say JUST MAYBE IF we could pay the hospital b4 coming for interview... and i told her Hospitals refuse to take money prior to seeing the patient physically.
That's how we were denied.
Anyone had same experience?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by PremiumTrends(m): 12:49am On Dec 22, 2019
I've replied. Check your mail
brashear:

I sent you a pm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 4:19am On Dec 22, 2019
Gitano97:
US INTERVIEW DENIED (16/12/19)
MY WIFE INTEND TO GO HAVE OUR SECOND CHILD IN THE US. They lady asked to see all the price quotes from the Doctor we intended to see in Houston Texas. We intended using WEST HOUSTON MEDICAL CENTRE , Houston Texas. We showed her the total excluding accomodation n flight was $9,200. She took a walk n returned saying that the true cost is $18k, and that the hospital gave us a discounted price. Obviously we had no idea the price was discounted. She went further to say JUST MAYBE IF we could pay the hospital b4 coming for interview... and i told her Hospitals refuse to take money prior to seeing the patient physically.
That's how we were denied.
Anyone had same experience?

Hi, i think there's a giving birth thread on travel section, they would be in a better position to answer your question.

All the best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 7:21am On Dec 22, 2019
Princekenuk:
I have read from page one to the current page of this part 15. It's very informative. If you are new here, don't be lazy to read through it. Once you go through it, you ask less questions. Information is power.

I took note of all schools mentioned here but I discovered that some of them didn't appear on msinus.com ranking; meaning that they are unranked or not categorized under A,B,C or D groups. Why are they not ranked?

They include:
1.Southern university, baton rogue
2. Austin peay state university, tennessee
3. Grand valley state university
4. Morgan state university, Baltimore
5. Kean university, new jersey
6. Western michigan university
7. University of North Dakota
8. Tennessee state university
9. University of Baltimore
10 Alabama state university

Hope one will not be disadvantaged applying to these schools?
All the schools you listed are ranked. If a school or program is not ranked, google will state it outrightly that it is unranked. Please, double check your findings.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Imhans(m): 12:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
Good day all, while presenting your requirement to the v o, is it the original or photocopy or do I need to attached the photocopy??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jaymore: 1:24pm On Dec 22, 2019
kallowdean:

Thank you kallowdean.
I appreciate you mucho
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2019
Imhans:
Good day all, while presenting your requirement to the v o, is it the original or photocopy or do I need to attached the photocopy??

No, you don't need to attach photocopies
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Imhans(m): 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2019
solihp:

No, you don't need to attach photocopies
Thanks for the reply. So no need to make a photocopy of my documents??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deegayes: 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2019
Guys please urgent help is needed. The consulate automatically rescheduled my appointment from the 24th of December to Jan 28th loun loun when my start of classes is 13th of January. I tried requesting for an emergency interview but for reasons known to them , it was denied. I also can not reschedule because it is showing that I have rescheduled once ( please note that I wasn’t even the one that did o, they did ��)

My heart is broken but I’m considering a deferral like someone advised. Now my question is , is it possible to defer to summer so that I start my program during the summer instead of waiting all till fall
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deegayes: 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2019
I am also wondering if it’s possible for a school to give over 2 weeks extension , wouldn’t it even affect the whole process if you go for interview 2 weeks after classes have resumed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2019
Deegayes:
Guys please urgent help is needed. The consulate automatically rescheduled my appointment from the 24th of December to Jan 28th loun loun when my start of classes is 13th of January. I tried requesting for an emergency interview but for reasons known to them , it was denied. I also can not reschedule because it is showing that I have rescheduled once ( please note that I wasn’t even the one that did o, they did ��)

My heart is broken but I’m considering a deferral like someone advised. Now my question is , is it possible to defer to summer so that I start my program during the summer instead of waiting all till fall
It wholly depends on the school if it accepts summer intakes. Email the international student office of your school to know if you can defer to summer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by joshhhhyy: 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2019
brashear:

It wholly depends on the school if it accepts summer intakes. Email the international student office of your school to know if you can defer to summer.

Try and call the customer care tomorrow.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SisiNini(f): 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2019
Good day, All.

Please, I need someone to put me through on how to re-apply after a denial (F2). Do I have to use my previous DS 160 number or I will have a new one for the re-application process?

Thank you, all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 12:07am On Dec 23, 2019
SisiNini:
Good day, All.

Please, I need someone to put me through on how to re-apply after a denial (F2). Do I have to use my previous DS 160 number or I will have a new one for the re-application process?

Thank you, all.

You need to fill another DS 160 form and update the number on the visa page
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phrank1222: 12:42am On Dec 23, 2019
Hello Team,

Trust you are good.

I am new here and got a couple of questions to ask for persons that applied for masters or studying finance or accounting related courses in USA

I will like to find out the following:
1. How long the admission process takes
2. Was GRE or GMAT waived for you? I was told commercial courses don’t need them
3. If 2 is yes, What is the school like and list then them? From your personal experience I.e. for anyone currently studying there.

This is to guide my decision, pls help a brethren
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dheee(f): 1:16am On Dec 23, 2019
Phrank1222:
Hello Team,

Trust you are good.

I am new here and got a couple of questions to ask for persons that applied for masters or studying finance or accounting related courses in USA

I will like to find out the following:
1. How long the admission process takes
2. Was GRE or GMAT waived for you? I was told commercial courses don’t need them
3. If 2 is yes, What is the school like and list then them? From your personal experience I.e. for anyone currently studying there.

This is to guide my decision, pls help a brethren
I believe commercial courses need GRE preferably GMAT the most, how else are the schools going to guage your quantitative abilities? To the best of my knowledge, it is majorly art courses that get aptitude test waivers. Well any school can decide to waive tests for applicants just to solicit more applications (very few would do that), but for you to attend reputable business schools, your GMAT/GRE has to be solid.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Juwon21: 7:13am On Dec 23, 2019
@walspring, and all the guys who put the discounted GRE offer together, thank you so much. God bless you guys real good. We appreciate what you guys are doing by given back to the community.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SisiNini(f): 7:17am On Dec 23, 2019
solihp:

You need to fill another DS 160 form and update the number on the visa page

Thanks for the response.

...but my challenge is how to update the number. I tried filling another DS 160 form but seeing another number.

I will appreciate any tips to this.

PS: @solihp, I will still invite you to have lunch/dinner with my family. Don't ask how I got to know you, because I won't say it until a get a visa. cool
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sholaball: 8:09am On Dec 23, 2019
joshhhhyy:

Wow! Congrats. Where did you have the interview?

Sorry for the late reply; My interview was in Lagos.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by favouredtk: 8:29am On Dec 23, 2019
I got my TOEFL registered at a discount price! Thanks to @Walspring and all the benevolent people who made it possible. God bless you all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by seojiang: 8:59am On Dec 23, 2019
Im really impressed by it.
If you need to know about anniversary gifts ideas, please click below link.

<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/anniversary-gifts-for-him/">anniversary gifts for him</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/anniversary-gifts-for-her/">anniversary gifts for her</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/50th-anniversary-gifts/">50th anniversary gifts</a></li>

<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/funny-christmas-shirt/">funny christmas shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/his-and-hers-couples-shirt/">his and hers couples shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/">custom t shirts no minimum</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/funny-st-patricks-day-shirt/">funny st patricks day shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/funny-thanksgiving-shirt/">funny thanksgiving shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/papa-mama-bear-shirt/">papa mama bear shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/brother-sister-bear-shirt/">brother sister bear shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/hip-hop-shirt/">hip hop shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/100-days-of-school-shirt/">100 days of school shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/big-brother-shirt/">big brother shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/birthday-squad-shirt/">birthday squad shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/care-bear-shirt/">care bear shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/big-foot-shirt/">big foot shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/family-reunion-shirt/">family reunion shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/king-and-queen-couples-shirt/">king and queen couples shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/70s-80s-90s-vintage-shirt/">70s 80s 90s vintage shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/funny-couple-shirt/">funny couple shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/porn-kills-love-shirt/">porn kills love shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/funny-4th-of-july-shirt/">funny 4th of july shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/couples-shirt/">couples shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/girl-hawaiian-shirt/">girl hawaiian shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/thug-life-shirt/">thug life shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/cute-couple-shirt/">cute couple shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/birthday-shirt/">birthday shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/funny-beer-drinking-shirt/">funny beer drinking shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/rock-band-vintage-shirt/">rock band vintage shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/big-sister-shirt/">big sister shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/cute-football-shirt/">cute football shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/dog-face-shirt/">dog face shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/unicorn-shirt/">unicorn shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/bartender-shirt/">bartender shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/teddy-bear-shirt/">teddy bear shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/big-cousin-shirt/">big cousin shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/unicorn-birthday-shirt/">unicorn birthday shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/bear-shirt/">bear shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/pretty-girls-like-trap-music-shirt/">pretty girls like trap music shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/girl-unicorn-shirt/">girl unicorn shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/pete-the-cat-shirt/">pete the cat shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/fight-like-a-girl-shirt/">fight like a girl shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/anniversary-gifts-for-her/">anniversary gifts for her</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/beach-boy-shirt/">beach boy shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/love-shirt/">love shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/pizza-cat-shirt/">pizza cat shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/dog-with-sayings-shirt/">dog with sayings shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/choose-life-shirt/">choose life shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/cute-thanksgiving-shirt/">cute thanksgiving shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/valentine-couples-shirt/">valentine couples shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/life-shirt/">life shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/love-will-tear-us-apart-shirt/">love will tear us apart shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/trump-shirt/">trump shirt</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/i-dont-carrot-all-shirts/">i dont carrot all shirts</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.customyourdesign.com/lake-life-shirt/">lake life shirt</a></li>
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 1:17pm On Dec 23, 2019
SisiNini:

Thanks for the response.

...but my challenge is how to update the number. I tried filling another DS 160 form but seeing another number.

I will appreciate any tips to this.

PS: @solihp, I will still invite you to have lunch/dinner with my family. Don't ask how I got to know you, because I won't say it until a get a visa. cool

Yes, you'd get another number, so you go to your visa page, after paying another visa fee and you're about to schedule another appointment, you'd be asked for the DS 160 number, then you just update it.

@PS. Oh really, since you don't want me to ask, i won't grin

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.