Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361977 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by majiddele75: 8:03am On Feb 08, 2020
GboyegaD:

I will try to answer your question based on my past knowledge and experience.
You do not need put it on a letter head and you can get a senior colleague in the organization write the reference letter for you. I did the same in my time and it was accepted.

With respect to marriage, one of the things you should ask yourself is your end goal. Are you interested in the degree or you are interested in migrating? This would guide your thought however, a degree in Analytics as of today, is one that has pathways into the American system as some companies are willing to file for you if you are good at what you do.

You do not need another visa interview however, you need check with the department to be sure you can resume in January because not every program has a Spring start date. You will also need to get a new I20 from the University with a January start date.
Sorry
Does being married and having a child here in. Nigeria ruin ones chances of getting a student visa ??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 12:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
sheke01:

I can't really suggest schools because I don't know your pocket. Am the wrong person to suggest schools that will give funding for MS Information systems because me myself is still looking for the funding even after 3 semesters here...lol
I understand, thanks for the heads up.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bayocanny: 3:24pm On Feb 08, 2020
Abacino007:
Good evening,

Please is there anybody here applying/ already attending to Illinois State University?
Have applied.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 6:17pm On Feb 08, 2020
majiddele75:

Sorry
Does being married and having a child here in. Nigeria ruin ones chances of getting a student visa ??

Individual cases differ. There is no direct response as to this as each person story is peculiar.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2020
Good evening house.

My SEVIS payment was made MAY-17th-2019

Does it mean I must be at the embassy before MAAY-17th-2020?

I am still awaiting my GA contract from EIU, that’s why I haven’t order my I20 yet.

Someone should please enlighten me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 8:03pm On Feb 08, 2020
Pepperoni001:
Good evening house.

My SEVIS payment was made MAY-17th-2019

Does it mean I must be at the embassy before MAAY-17th-2020?

I am still awaiting my GA contract from EIU, that’s why I haven’t order my I20 yet.

Someone should please enlighten me.

Yes if you dont want to pay another seVis
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adurajoseph: 12:33am On Feb 09, 2020
People who have recently applied for study visas, how long ago did you apply? is it still something that is worth getting hopes up for after this travel ban? and any advice you can share to make the application successful? Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Macaulay10(m): 12:56am On Feb 09, 2020
Predstan:

Does this apply to someone who made payments May 15th 2019,but has successfully transferred sevis payments before May 15th 2020(I.e before date of expiration), but booked interview date around June or July

Or the interview date just have to be before expiration date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 1:02am On Feb 09, 2020
Macaulay10:
Does this apply to someone who made payments May 15th 2019,but has successfully transferred sevis payments before May 15th 2020(I.e before date of expiration), but booked interview date around June or July

Or the interview date just have to be before expiration date?

The interview date has to be before the SEVIS expires or you have to pay another SEVIS fee

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Macaulay10(m): 1:12am On Feb 09, 2020
solihp:

The interview date has to be before the SEVIS expires or you have to pay another SEVIS fee
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jaypey21: 8:05am On Feb 09, 2020
Please guys
How long does pte exam result takes
How many days
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Xenjin: 4:54pm On Feb 09, 2020
Applied too, waiting for the conclusion of the review
bayocanny:

Have applied.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Xenjin: 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
I applied and waiting for the conclusion on the application. How about you?
Abacino007:
Good evening,

Please is there anybody here applying/ already attending to Illinois State University?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by arcTY(m): 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2020
happy Sunday house,
Please i need clarity, I gained admission into ncat for spring2020 and got my I-20 and i deferred the admission to fall 2020 which the school accepted the defer.....My question is what do i have to do now to get the new I-20 for fall2020 so as to prepare for the visa as in do i have to send new statement of account or fill the I-20 issuance form?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
arcTY:
happy Sunday house,
Please i need clarity, I gained admission into ncat for spring2020 and got my I-20 and i deferred the admission to fall 2020 which the school accepted the defer.....My question is what do i have to do now to get the new I-20 for fall2020 so as to prepare for the visa as in do i have to send new statement of account or fill the I-20 issuance form?

Contact the grad coord for Guidance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Contact the grad coord for Guidance

Everything is not for graduate coordinator.

Let him contact the graduate school or the international student service (ISS) office on what to provide to issue his updated I-20 for Fall semester.

Graduate coordinator’s work is to answer questions about application and admission at the department level and has nothing to do with issuance of I-20.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:03pm On Feb 09, 2020
sultanfortune:

Let him contact the graduate school or the international student service (ISS) office on what to provide to issue his updated I-20 for Fall semester.

Graduate coordinator’s work is to answer questions about application and admission at the department level and has nothing to do with issuance of I-20.

thanks for clarity

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 1:26am On Feb 10, 2020
Thank you

Predstan:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 2:21am On Feb 10, 2020
sultanfortune:

The graduate coordinator is not always an actual academic professor. They could sometimes be people who in other schools would have been admin assistants.

But your advice is solid. Those grad cords no get time n admin assistants would almost always solve your problem.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 3:28am On Feb 10, 2020
RealTrump:

The graduate coordinator is not always an actual academic professor. They could sometimes be people who in other schools would have been admin assistants.

But your advice is solid. Those grad cords no get time n admin assistants would almost always solve your problem.

I know bro.

People often mistake graduate coordinator (GC) and graduate director (GD).

The former is in most cases like an admin assistant who helps the department doing more of the administrative work with regards to application process and admission. S/he is not an academic staff but admin staff, while the later (Graduate Director) is an actual Professor in the department level who is tasked with directing the application and admission process in the department.Prospective Students can call the graduate Director to find out things like deadlines, award of graduate assistantships etc.

I hope I made sense?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 8:51am On Feb 10, 2020
Sprishua:
Please is there anyone here that studied at federal polytechnic nekede? How can I get my transcript handy. I need help urgently

Why don’t you go to your school and formerly apply for the transcript?

Even if you see someone here who graduated from the said NEKEDE, you must still visit school to apply for the transcript.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2020
Paragontek:
Please, I will like to know if it is necessary to upload a passport photograph during my ds160 application?

Or is it the same photograph taken at the embassy on the day of visa interview?

I think it's stated that you'll be turned back if there isn't a passport on your ds form.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 3:22pm On Feb 10, 2020
majiddele75:
Hey guys
Do you think being married and having a kid could make them say deny student visa application??

Your marital status has nothing to do with f1 visa.
but you still have to be truthful for future sake.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 3:23pm On Feb 10, 2020
Enireqx20:
I scored 2 marks below the required TOEFL score required by the University I'm applying to. Would this affect my chances of gaining admission?

For admission?, I doubt cos most schools wave this for Nigerians.

For funding?, likely, if TOEFL scores is one of the funding parameters
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brigosa: 3:40pm On Feb 10, 2020
who has gone through this process before using HND cert need guidance

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.