Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360927 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Omololaeni(f): 9:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
mikeayus:

Hi Lola, I submitted my application april 1st and got the decision yesterday 10th. When did you apply and have your recommendations been submitted electronically?

I applied on 4th of April but I was able to submit on 8th cause my recommendation letter wasn't sent on time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Omololaeni(f): 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
mikeayus:

Hi Lola, I submitted my application april 1st and got the decision yesterday 10th. When did you apply and have your recommendations been submitted electronically?

My recommendation as been sent by 3 people before I could submit the form Do I need to send them a special recommendation again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by geofortress: 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
Please guys.. Any Georgia State applicant here?... Did anyone get offer yet?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Horlars17: 9:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
mikeayus:

Hi, Ijust got admit for MS Analytics and want to start the application process for the GA thing. Is your dept requesting for letters of recommendations? I know i saw in one of the many listed GA roles available, one which they said they just need the contact details of recommenders and not necessarily a letter from them.

Hello, can you please provide me with the link to where I can apply for GA? My department is Applied Statistics and Operations Research. I will be patiently waiting for your kind response.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mamsiey: 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
geofortress:

I applied to GSU and got into 2 different programs (both admissions came in March) but I rejected both for a better offer elsewhere

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mzhorlah(f): 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
Yes
Omololaeni:

Hi
please respond to my mail. Thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Omololaeni(f): 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
mzhorlah:
Yes please respond to my mail. Thank you!

Done
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mikeayus(m): 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2020
Omololaeni:

My recommendation as been sent by 3 people before I could submit the form Do I need to send them a special recommendation again.

I dont quite understand you...before you submitted which form? What do u refer to by special recommendation and to who?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mikeayus(m): 10:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
geofortress:

Hi I applied..but my application still says awaiting credential evaluation on the checklist..I was hoping an unofficial transcript would suffice but apparently..I dont know ..did you have to do any transcript evaluations for your application?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Omololaeni(f): 10:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
mikeayus:

I dont quite understand you...before you submitted which form? What do u refer to by special recommendation and to who?

I sent you a mail can you please respond to it. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mikeayus(m): 10:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
Horlars17:

Hello, can you please provide me with the link to where I can apply for GA? My department is Applied Statistics and Operations Research. I will be patiently waiting for your kind response.

In my little research on GA opportunities in BGSU, I think you have to reach out to your program grad coordinator to know if your dept has any GA openings internally. Else you have to visit https://www.bgsu.edu/graduate/graduate-assistantships/available-graduate-assistantships.html and apply to any of the available openings. Just my one cent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mikeayus(m): 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2020
Omololaeni:

I sent you a mail can you please respond to it. Thank you

Responded
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jona48(m): 10:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
No community college(s) applicants?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Horlars17: 11:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
mikeayus:

In my little research on GA opportunities in BGSU, I think you have to reach out to your program grad coordinator to know if your dept has any GA openings internally. Else you have to visit https://www.bgsu.edu/graduate/graduate-assistantships/available-graduate-assistantships.html and apply to any of the available openings. Just my one cent

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 12:09am On Apr 12, 2020
Hello family. Good to check in back here. Could not access my old account. I was here this time last year reading and learning. The journey has been great guys. MSc here is sweet. I finish my second semester by next month. Hope we are good and staying safe.. smiley

16 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 12, 2020
geofortress:
yea, admission and assistantship

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 2:46am On Apr 12, 2020
AkeNathan:
Gboyegad and obinoscopy, Please I have got two issues that I could use your help to iron out.

Firstly, I learnt I will have to visit USA to write TOEFL, it looks like a dead end seeing how their embassies in Nigeria deny VISA applications, is it feasible at all? Just looking for a gleam of hope or success.

Secondly, this 1600 internship hours affair, how is the migrant legible to do other work and sustain himself or he'll be feeding off savings he brought to USA from home?

Thirdly, what is the least amount required in bank account in order to facilitate VISA approval. So that adequate preparations can be put into place from now.

Thanks as I anticipate your replies, gentle men.

I know a Pharmacist in the process however, I don't know how they do the internship hours. When I get the information, I will update the thread.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 12, 2020
GboyegaD:

I know a Pharmacist in the process however, I don't know how they do the internship hours. When I get the information, I will update the thread.

Thank you chief

Happy easter smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by manuelkila: 9:18am On Apr 12, 2020
Good day everyone. Please is there anyone here who applied to Central Michigan University and has gotten a reply from them? I applied since January 28th but I haven't heard anything since.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by geofortress: 9:34am On Apr 12, 2020
9jamyHome:
yea, admission and assistantship

Please I sent you a pm. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by geofortress: 9:48am On Apr 12, 2020
mikeayus:

Hi I applied..but my application still says awaiting credential evaluation on the checklist..I was hoping an unofficial transcript would suffice but apparently..I dont know ..did you have to do any transcript evaluations for your application?

You dont need to do evaluation.. Depending on your program requirement. Normally, you are to send official transcript hard copy from your school to GSU and not unofficial submitted by you. I will advice you mailed your GC and explain your situation.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 11:18am On Apr 12, 2020
Tell am o. Since he/she works in the exam room for all schools.

FA13:

I think I am done with this.
Which exam room?
Do you work with all schools?
I said SOME.
Maybe the school you work with has it. I did not deny that.
Get the point. SOME do not have it.
Why do we all have 'hasty generalization'. The world does not revolve round only about what you have seen.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by francophone134: 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
GboyegaD:

Try UTexas, Corpus Christi.
they don't offer funding oo..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 1:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
francophone134:
they don't offer funding oo..
I know someone who just finished. He got his funding after resumption though.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hello House, is there anyone here that got admitted to MTSU for fall 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by imperiouxx(m): 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
biikeys:

Looks like Trump wants to open things up soon though..

How are you doing sir? If left to him, nothing would be locked down.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by imperiouxx(m): 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
mikeayus:
Hello guys...good evening, I submitted application for ms business Intelligence and analytics to Stevens institute of technology and shortly after..I discovered they waived letters of recommendation for me on the portal. I just submitted an application to Rowan university today and they too have just waived one letter of recommendation on my application portal. I'm beginning to wonder why this and if anybody has experienced such here...my experienced ogas in the house..pls shed some light. Thanks

You should be fine. That's all they want from you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rkarang: 4:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
imperiouxx:

You should be fine. That's all they want from you.

Senior man, I hail sir!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.