Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1364602 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by imperiouxx(m): 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
rkarang:

Senior man, I hail sir!

Hey. How are you doing? Be safe out there.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
imperiouxx:

Hey. How are you doing? Be safe out there.

Chief, my knees dey ground oo!!!!!!

Boss of Bosses

God bless you for all you had done for people on this thread, amen.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by biikeys(m): 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2020
imperiouxx:

How are you doing sir? If left to him, nothing would be locked down.

Doing good Bro! I know..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by biikeys(m): 11:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Ashirioluwa:
After the covid-19 is over, US might not be a place to go for now. Because everything is upside down. Unemployment hit the highest number in decades. A lot still going to lose jobs after September

You're not graduating the moment you get here right? Why worry about what will happen in ~2-5 years time..If anything, economic recovery is probably well on its way by then.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:03am On Apr 13, 2020
biikeys:

You're not graduating the moment you get here right? Why worry about what will happen in ~2-5 years time..If anything, economic recovery is probably well on its way by then.
This is the best time to get into any graduate program. I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Theraindrop: 4:35am On Apr 13, 2020
Guys good morning to you all, what is the news regarding Nigeria interview so far ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Theraindrop: 4:37am On Apr 13, 2020
For now NYC is on total shut down, is the lock down in Nigeria extended or done ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Temahjeff1(m): 8:37am On Apr 13, 2020
Temahjeff1:
hello everyone pls I’m new here

I am about to apply for masters in USA department of Engineering and operation management. I graduated with a second class upper division in Electrical engineering with a GPA of 3.56 on 5.0 scale.
Pls can someone suggest a good school with good funding (GA) for me and also will i be able to apply for fall?

Hello people pls any help on this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 8:43am On Apr 13, 2020
It's great having you around here. Which school and course are you doing?

Eniolakiite:
Hello family. Good to check in back here. Could not access my old account. I was here this time last year reading and learning. The journey has been great guys. MSc here is sweet. I finish my second semester by next month. Hope we are good and staying safe.. smiley

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OluDare01(m): 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
oga impreriouxx , I hail ocheesy cheesy
imperiouxx:

You should be fine. That's all they want from you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
Theraindrop:
For now NYC is on total shut down, is the lock down in Nigeria extended or done ?
We'll know if it'll be extended today by 7pm Nigerian time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 3:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
It should definitely be extended, it’s our only defense mechanism, in fact it’s the most effective defense, even the best countries have their health facilities overwhelm.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kayzee2374(m): 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hello bosses, please anyone got admitted to RPI??
Most especially Mechaincal Engineering...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Damian457: 5:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
Festivaligs:

Well done!
Please, I’m planning to take my GRE in August.
I have started preparing with magoosh videos.
I would like to connect with you if you don’t mind to learn from your experience.
You can kindly drop your WhatsApp phone number in my mail @adegbolafestuso@gmail.com

My profile
BSc : Wildlife Management, Unibadan (6.7/7.0)
Interest : Msc in Natural Resources Management (USA)

Thanks
boss can i get the videos from you?? Please i beg of you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
Princekenuk:
It's great having you around here. Which school and course are you doing?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mikeayus(m): 5:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
Cool....lots of Nigerian folks trooping into this school lately smiley

Eniolakiite:
Thank you...

Masters in Computer Science at Austin Peay state university.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TrojanSnail: 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2020
kayzee2374:
Hello bosses, please anyone got admitted to RPI??
Most especially Mechaincal Engineering...

I got accepted into the PhD Mech, aerospace and nuclear engineering department

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Neeta02(f): 6:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
Please can I pm you? I’ve been admitted for Fall in the same department
Eniolakiite:
Thank you...

Masters in Computer Science at Austin Peay state university.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sammiel: 9:42pm On Apr 13, 2020
Someone should quote me with a reply. I want to know if ETS are still able to send GRE scores to US schools during this period. I have an outstanding application for an MBA program and the school might be making admission decision by next week. Thank you for the great work you all are doing here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Aderin0la: 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
Yes. They’re still sending.

Sammiel:
Someone should quote me with a reply. I want to know if ETS are still able to send GRE scores to US schools during this period. I have an outstanding application for an MBA program and the school might be making admission decision by next week. Thank you for the great work you all are doing here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olufemichael(m): 11:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
Olufemichael:
Hello everyone,

Kindly signify if you had received your I-20 since this lockdown. I have requested for mine since March 7. It has been approved but i dont know what is keeping it. I am aware of the COVID-19 stuff but I need to allay my fears. Thank you.

This may sound crazy but I need this info so that I can make certain projections. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kayzee2374(m): 12:34am On Apr 14, 2020
TrojanSnail:

I got accepted into the PhD Mech, aerospace and nuclear engineering department
Wow..thats great bro and when was that?
M yet to receive any response from them
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 12:55am On Apr 14, 2020
Neeta02:
Please can I pm you? I’ve been admitted for Fall in the same department
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 2:12am On Apr 14, 2020
Any Mankato or Pvamu prospective in the house ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sheke01: 2:39am On Apr 14, 2020
lordeoregon:

I'm doing my MS in Mech Engineering and currently taking 3 CIS courses as multidisciplinary electives because IT and business intelligence skills are valuable in the industry here. My 2 Naija friends who graduated from Electrical Engineering programs last December, currently work as Data Scientists at IBM and Amazon just because they took a CIS class on Computing for Data Analytics and were able to do their MS projects with Python. Will you say they were not passionate about Engineering?? I also know Industrial Engineering grads who completed MBA/Supply Chain/Procurement/Business Analyst internships last summer.

The best advise a recruiter from a career fair gave me was "Don't narrow your options by focusing on your passion alone, be ready to learn new in-demand skills". Also remember that Accounting doesn't qualify for STEM OPT, so even being a very good CPA still puts him in a tight timeline after graduation. That 12 months flies by so fast and some companies won't easily file H1B for a young grad in his first year with them! So consider that too.

What some folks have to understand is that we're just sharing opinions here. Take your time to smartly and critically choose what works for you.

Baba, leave Francophone1234 make he dey do passion passion passion. whey he go listen, glean better advice wey you dey give am, he dey talk about passion.

The hype over data and analytics won't go away anytime soon. He's even into Accounting that easily blends with analytics. What he will cool down and look for analytics or information systems course to mix with his accounting, he's here forming James Bond with passion.

What harm is there having some analytical skills anyway

N/B: It was one advice from BigFrancis21 on here that changed the course of my life and I'll be forever grateful to him.

Why even waste time to get to the US before switching? Pikin wey listen to elders no dey miss road

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mzhorlah(f): 3:05am On Apr 14, 2020
Olufemichael:

This may sound crazy but I need this info so that I can make certain projections. Thank you in anticipation.
Hi, I requested for mine since March too. I feel we should just be patient and not try to mess with our heads by overthinking. It’s obviously the pandemic affecting it all. Just try to follow up on your school.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sammiel: 6:06am On Apr 14, 2020
Aderin0la:
Yes. They’re still sending.

Okay. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Damian457: 7:03am On Apr 14, 2020
Please i need help with GRE videos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TrojanSnail: 7:58am On Apr 14, 2020
kayzee2374:

Wow..thats great bro and when was that?
M yet to receive any response from them

Got the decision on March 24th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by greenskittles: 9:05am On Apr 14, 2020
Hey guys. I got a fully funded offer to a top school, and I'm really excited. Now the last hurdle for me is the whole VISA issue. For now the site says they're not booking appointments, and my I-20 form isn't even ready yet. I wanted to ask how other people with offers are preparing. If ther s anything you think I could do while this pandemic rages on to ensure I get through this stage.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 9:25am On Apr 14, 2020
mikeayus:

Hi Lola, I submitted my application april 1st and got the decision yesterday 10th. When did you apply and have your recommendations been submitted electronically?
Hi Mike, I applied on Friday and got admitted to the MBA yesterday (about 72 hrs). Now I’m looking for a GA offer, would appreciate any info to this regard. The program director told me 1st round of GA offers was done on 15 March, but 2nd is on May 1st and the odds are low.

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.