Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360512 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rkarang: 3:17pm On May 01, 2020
Digbick:
I applied to Utep and CSU mathematics, but I was sent a message last week from CSU graduate coordinator, that I am on the unqualified queue, that I should expect a rejection from the mathematics department where I applied to, I am thinking of evaluating my result if it can boost my cgpa, considering my cgpa is 2.5/7.0, Gre score is 283, Utep application is still on review.
Please guys what do you suggest I do?

Sorry bout the way CSU turned out. If you can afford to retake GRE and hopefully improve your score and also evaluate your undergraduate result, your profile will be better.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sandrahopes: 4:19pm On May 01, 2020
Hello everyone. Any Oklahoma state university student or any one applying to the school in the house. I want to apply to the school for spring 2021, I really want to know if they give graduate assistant well.
The course I’m applying for doesn’t need gre, gmat and wavied toefl for Nigerians. My cgpa 3.75/5 I did unofficial wes 3.29/4 .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by electricpole(m): 4:51pm On May 01, 2020
Moshkom:
Good day guys, how long does it take to be on a GA WAIT-LIST? My advisor said I’m on the waitlist. Anyone with similar experience? Georgia Southern Uni.
Did u do wes evalution
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adurajoseph: 4:56pm On May 01, 2020
Hello everyone,
Please any Northern Illinois university student here? I just got accepted today and I would like to know how school life is like there and accommodation too.

Also, I would like advice on deferring admission. as the coronavirus has made getting visa temporarily impossible for now I THINK, what is the best possible time to differ it to?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 5:25pm On May 01, 2020
electricpole:
Did u do wes evalution

Sure, I did.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tsirin(f): 5:31pm On May 01, 2020
Geewin69:

Send a mail to the student aid department asking for help and available options for you to explore.
I think you should begin to look out for other sources of funding. Also, its possible to secure a GA from another department. You can reach out to graduate coordinators of other programs to see if there are openings. Some have openings that they don't advertise. Its all about convincing them of your competence.
And be patient. Many departments usually have openings as fall semester draws closer.
Lastly, check to see if your school has a page where they post vacancies for students. BGSU has such. And I think others too.

thanks Sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 5:36pm On May 01, 2020
I am an admitted student of Sustainable Energy and currently still in Nigeria. Moving immediately after this pandemic is over.

Yes you can reach out to me

Istanbul8819:
I spoke with David Melton and as a matter of fact he was the one who told me that a new policy is in place that makes it impossible to offer a GA until I finish a semester. Did you get a GA in Technology? Are you still in Nigeria? I will send a PM so I can ask some more personal questions. Thanks a lot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Istanbul8819: 6:15pm On May 01, 2020
Okay thanks. I sent you a PM
Pepperoni001:
I am an admitted student of Sustainable Energy and currently still in Nigeria. Moving immediately after this pandemic is over.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 6:24pm On May 01, 2020
Pepperoni001:

Do you have your visa already?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kilankoazeez: 10:15pm On May 01, 2020
Good evening
I am sorry if I may sound harsh, but I think you need to retake your GRE and aim for a top score, also if you really WANT to study, you can try to do MSc here in NG and get a strong grade which will help boost your profile up. Like others have said your gpa is too low and if you keep trying like this, rejection will be the end of it. Please don't be sad, try to map out a plan on getting your GRE and TOEFL scores high and do Wes evaluation or if you can do a masters degree and apply for PhD.
Don't think you can't make it, people with similar 2:75-2:95/4:0 have gained admission with good funding but their profile was well grounded with good GRE and TOEFL scores and quality SOPs.

Keep the faith alive.

Digbick:
I applied to Utep and CSU mathematics, but I was sent a message last week from CSU graduate coordinator, that I am on the unqualified queue, that I should expect a rejection from the mathematics department where I applied to, I am thinking of evaluating my result if it can boost my cgpa, considering my cgpa is 2.5/7.0, Gre score is 283, Utep application is still on review.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pampaya009(m): 11:41pm On May 01, 2020
Good evening everyone,

Please is any New York Institute of Technology student in the house? I got accepted with $3000/year scholarship. Still looking for RA thought but i need to be connect with someone to get along.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hybeenoni: 12:27am On May 02, 2020
Tobironke:
I also graduated from dept of Mathematics, University of Ibadan though I applied to MA Mathematics with( statistics con )and I've gotten one admit so far. Apply to other schools.....I believe you can get an admit.

You guys aiming for Mathematics/Statistics should through an application to Texas Tech, with a nice GRE score, your funding is almost certain

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Amazingoreofe: 1:35am On May 02, 2020
Please I need your help for some questions about BGSU.

Javanian:
Been wavering on whether I should make this post or not but I decided to, maybe I may get some help here or maybe it may be of help to someone here.

After I got my visa last month, I decided to tell my supervisor I had gotten the visa and then I went ahead to ask him if there was anything I could do to better prepare myself for work in his lab since I had two months left before my scheduled arrival date. See me where I am forming good student o grin I was probably hoping he will just tell me to brush up on certain concepts, or books, or maybe learn a programming language that was actively used in his lab that I didn't already know, or maybe he will just tell me to focus on my travel preparation tongue. After about a week he replied, attached about 10 research papers and told me to peruse them and give him feedback. Some of them were even peoples complete Ph.D. thesis shocked shocked. Boy! see work I have given myself cry. I could not even complain because na me find trouble. I cannot come across as unserious even before I arrive so I really can't put it off now. So I have been trying to read the papers and make sense out of them and it has been a whole lot of work and has been very time-consuming. But I just really have to, to enable me write a reply to his email that will show that I really did read the papers he sent. I don't know if there is a lesson here or if I did the right thing, but I just thought I should share.

Been over a month you two made these posts, but I just wanted to say Thanks. I am taking your advice seriously. After I read your posts, I decided to start the practice by the beginning of June--after my visa interview. I had been planning to do so but had been procrastinating so your posts gingered me. I had to make a decision on Leetcode vs Hackerrank and I eventually decided to settle for Leetcode because I found the challenges on Hackerrank too verbose. I decided to do at least one problem a day starting from 1st of June, and so far so good, today is 16th of June and I checked my Leetcode account and I had successfully completed 16 problems. I am hoping to keep up the pace though I don't know how I can keep up when I resume school. Thanks once again.

On Travel

I was able to book a flight from Lagos to Dallas, Tx for about 385k on Jumia Travels. Same flight on Qatar airways website went for 460k. Anyone looking for flights should check them out, their service was really good. I have also heard good things about Expedia and Travelstart.

Goodluck to everyone.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Amazingoreofe: 1:37am On May 02, 2020
Please I need your help regarding BGSU
Shuayb0:
Thanks bro. E don happen!!

Is there no way I can get an assistantship in another department or college?. I have a computer science degree.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ifeanyimoses: 1:48am On May 02, 2020
Geewin69:
Is there any current BGSU student ]
please who knows about GA in the department of Mathematics and Statistics at BGSU? Please any current student. The graduate coordinator gave me lots of hope buh I'm still worried??

Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ifeanyimoses: 2:10am On May 02, 2020
[quote author=hybeenoni post=89085179]

You guys aiming for Mathematics/Statistics should through an application to Texas Tech, with a nice GRE score, your funding is almost certain[/quot

Please can I still apply and why do you say so?
My GRE is 304, and GPA is 3.4/4.0
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adurajoseph: 3:00am On May 02, 2020
Please any Northern Illinois university student here? I just got accepted and I would please like some information
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 10:57am On May 02, 2020
Amazingoreofe:

What's up with BGSU?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 11:41am On May 02, 2020
juliouze:
Hian! These ones are tough oo, interview is less than an hour already �
Hi pls I sent you a DM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 12:56pm On May 02, 2020
Amazingoreofe:
Please shoot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 12:56pm On May 02, 2020
Hi guys

Anyone got admitted to Iowa state university?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hotboss: 1:13pm On May 02, 2020
Geewin69:
Anyone admitted to BGSU this fall?
Have you received funding?

Yrs admitted. Got a TA but the funding is low. I still have a deficit of 20.5k usd.

Ino tuition waiver of any kind..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TrojanSnail: 1:20pm On May 02, 2020
Shuayb0:
Hi guys

Anyone got admitted to Iowa state university?
I did
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 1:22pm On May 02, 2020
To be honest, you need a very strong profile. Your cgpa is quite low but that doesn’t stop you from getting into a program with funding if you’re willing to put in the work and make your other application materials strong. First step is GRE. You have to aim to score high on it especially as a STEM student. Then target schools that will fund for your profile. You’ll need to do a lot of work. I will advise you make your profile very strong before you continue applying to schools.

Digbick:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 1:24pm On May 02, 2020
Well if you don’t try, you will never know smiley
The pandemic is global and most countries will face an economy crash.
So in the end, it’s an individual choice depending on one’s goals.

thekingofafrica:
One of my major fear is, will GA RA or TA be available with the financial crunch America is facing? Will schools be able to throw out much money for tuition waivers and stipend payments, make person no go hang there, anyone able to shed more light on this question
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adurajoseph: 1:33pm On May 02, 2020
Hi guys

Did anyone get admitted to Northern Illinois University?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 1:35pm On May 02, 2020
Digbick:
I sent you a DM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Callmiabbby: 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
[quote author=Nad95 post=88984842]

Thank you, Northeastern. Concerning ABSN, do you know anyone who got admission into ABSN program from Nigeria and was given a visa?

Let me know.

Thanks[/quote

take me for example, I have my first degree in psychology now I applied and got admitted to a school in Maryland for another bsc which is in nursing, its not every school that specify the kinda nursing program you are admitted into its just say nursing on the 120. so when you are in the school you can go see the instructor and they can tell you how to go about changing, so far the person Gpa is strong, thats what a friend of my did.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 2:25pm On May 02, 2020
TrojanSnail:

I did
Great. Which program?

Any funding or GA appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TrojanSnail: 2:54pm On May 02, 2020
Shuayb0:
Great. Which program?

Any funding or GA appointment?

Yeah, fully funded
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 5:29pm On May 02, 2020
Waiting for activities to resume at the consulate so that I can go and get my Visa

solastar2:

Do you have your visa already?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by calculator123(m): 6:06pm On May 02, 2020
hybeenoni:

You guys aiming for Mathematics/Statistics should through an application to Texas Tech, with a nice GRE score, your funding is almost certain
Full or partial funding?

Can I shoot you a PM?

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.