Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1363034 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 11:34am On May 09, 2020
Princekenuk:
Please does Illinois institute of technology fund it's admitted students well?

No for MSc
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Micholo5(m): 12:33pm On May 09, 2020
JustSomeDude:
Thanks a lot. Your inputs have been really helpful and I'll patiently wait on you to modify this post with the link.
And if I have any further questions I'll gladly mention you, hope you don't mind.

Thanks once more.

1. Please feel free to do so.

2. Later in the day, I'll upload more content from my "StudyAbroadQuest" note book. Maybe it could help someone.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 09, 2020
Good afternoon all.Please does anyone knows any school still admitting students for fall 2020? MSc Computer science. Thanks in anticipation to your positive response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Micholo5(m): 2:59pm On May 09, 2020
UNDERGRAD
NOTE 1
I think every aspirant needs to ask himself/herself the following questions. You should pen down your answers comprehensively.(Your answers to these questions would help build a better SOP).
1. Why do you want to study abroad?
2. What motivates you?
3. Which country(ies) do you aim to study at?
4. Why this(ese) country(ies)?
5. Why are you interested in this college?(write for each college you intend applying to)
6. Why are you pursuing your selected major?
7. Why do you think you are a good fit for this college.(write for each college you intend applying to)

Like I said earlier, the admission process can be overwhelming. You'll write quality essays if you have enough time to brood on each subject. so I'll suggest you start now(FALL2021). If you answered those above questions sincerely and comprehensively. You would have prepared the skeleton for your CommonApp application essays.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Micholo5(m): 4:04pm On May 09, 2020
UNDERGRAD

How my transcript skeleton looks like.
Will still drop the PDF through Dropbox though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 4:34pm On May 09, 2020
judithidoghogm:
Good afternoon all.Please does anyone knows any school still admitting students for fall 2020? MSc Computer science. Thanks in anticipation to your positive response.
Bgsu
IIT
Nyit
USM

No funding oo

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Neeta02(f): 5:32pm On May 09, 2020
WIU
UIS(no application fee)
IIT
judithidoghogm:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 09, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

Bgsu
IIT
Nyit
USM

No funding oo
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by barskaya: 6:23pm On May 09, 2020
Neeta02:
WIU
UIS(no application fee)
IIT

for UIS ..How do you go about this requirement ?..."Students who apply to the University of Illinois at Springfield on or after July 1, 2019 and have international academic records must arrange (at their expense) to have their record(s) evaluated by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member organization. Our recommended evaluation service is World Education Services (WES)"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 6:24pm On May 09, 2020
Please has anyone received I-20 for Bowling Green State University Abeg I need reply ASAP. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Neeta02(f): 8:01pm On May 09, 2020
I did WES transcript evaluation early last year so it was easier & faster for me to apply. I just paid $40 to WES to send the transcript to UIS.
barskaya:

for UIS ..How do you go about this requirement ?..."Students who apply to the University of Illinois at Springfield on or after July 1, 2019 and have international academic records must arrange (at their expense) to have their record(s) evaluated by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member organization. Our recommended evaluation service is World Education Services (WES)"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hyfr(m): 8:05pm On May 09, 2020
JustSomeDude:
Thanks for your input and yes, I'm applying for the Fall 2021.
And concerning the transcripts, Do I include my Junior School reports or only that of the Senior School?

Are you a first year or a transfer student and how do you mean by conditions attached?
can u send me a pm?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by caneberry: 10:29pm On May 09, 2020
lalahhh:

Hi, sorry for the bother, Is the US still conducting Visa interviews for students?
No The embassy is closed for now

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Portex: 11:43pm On May 09, 2020
Hi,
I need some advice. I recently was offered admission to a school in US, they have asked me to send proof of funds so that I can receive my I20. My maternal uncle is my sponsor, and so, we bear different surnames. What other documents do I need to send along with his statement of account. And how do I convince the VO about it in the future?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lanreamoye: 11:45pm On May 09, 2020
Please, who knows about Loyola Marymount University very well. Please i need advise per below

I have been given admission into Electrical and computer department and I eventually got GA position with $4,124 per semester. But i have to work 7.64 hours per week. Please how can i get Transfer work that can cover for remaining 14 working hours in the school? In which other departments are transfer works possible just to cover up the deficit to some extent before issuing I-20

Kindly advise pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 12:58am On May 10, 2020
Lanreamoye:
Please, who knows about Loyola Marymount University very well. Please i need advise per below

I have been given admission into Electrical and computer department and I eventually got GA position with $4,124 per semester. But i have to work 7.64 hours per week. Please how can i get Transfer work that can cover for remaining 14 working hours in the school? In which other departments are transfer works possible just to cover up the deficit to some extent before issuing I-20

Kindly advise pls

School library, restaurants in school, research laboratories.
You wont get those until you are in school

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 3:52am On May 10, 2020
Omorwumi:
Good evening house. Please I need procedures and cost of processing US student visa.from beginning till end

Step 1

Research for schools that suit your profile perfectly in terms of programs they offer , requirements for admission and funding opportunities .

Step 2

Contact the *Graduate Coordinator* telling him why you are interested in the school. You're to introduce yourself talking about your name, Country, Course of Study, GPA, plans for GRE and TOEFL, Research Interests, publication and also why you like his research interests. Conclude the mail by inquiring if there are funding opportunities for your intended program.

Step 3

Prepare for GRE/TOEFL/GMAT (depending on the program requirements)

Step 4
Apply to the schools you choose ( Some schools requires you to apply for funding as you submit your application, some give automatic funding while some requires you to apply for funding *only* after admission offer)

Step 5
Request for your I20
The I20 is the most important Visa document which displays relevant information about your program, cost and funding.

Step 6

Process your SEVIS (fmjfee.com). The SEVIS is a compulsory fee which must be paid before Visa Interview.

Step 7
Apply for Visa.
This requires intense preparation because you're going to be drilled by the Visa Officers.

Step 8
Pay for your flight and fly.

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lanreamoye: 8:12am On May 10, 2020
Thanks a lot sir. Should i proceed with International office per I-20. Please do u school there or u know someone sir? I just need someone to explain next step of action and who will be guiding me step by step
Predstan:

School library, restaurants in school, research laboratories.
You wont get those until you are in school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 8:27am On May 10, 2020
Lanreamoye:
Thanks a lot sir. Should i proceed with International office per I-20. Please do u school there or u know someone sir? I just need someone to explain next step of action and who will be guiding me step by step

I do not school there and I dont know anyone. You may have to wait until Corona virus is suppressed. However, the next step after admission and funding is to send in financial documents and in this case, your GA letter to the International office for I-20.

How much is your deficits after your funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 12:14pm On May 10, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JustSomeDude(m): 12:48pm On May 10, 2020
Micholo5:
UNDERGRAD

How my transcript skeleton looks like.
Will still drop the PDF through Dropbox though.
Good day.
I've been reading a lot about WAEC result evaluation and it sounds confusing. Do you know what it entails?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Micholo5(m): 1:08pm On May 10, 2020
JustSomeDude:
Good day.
I've been reading a lot about WAEC result evaluation and it sounds confusing. Do you know what it entails?
Hi

WES is an instituted body that evaluates credentials.
So they typically do the conversion from one standard to another.(you know we have different educational & credential standard all over the world)
So they help an applicant convert his result/credential to the required standard of a college, so the US colleges can have a uniform criteria for vetting the applicants.
So your WASSCE result needs to be evaluated, there's a fee to pay for this service, I am not sure of the cost.(you can google WES EVALUATION, then proceed from there, you can also share your experience with us once you've evaluated)

In my own case, I hold the NECO result which is not generally accepted, so I won't be needing an evaluation. Rather, I will take a standardized exam such as the SAT, ACT or other A-Level program.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Micholo5(m): 1:12pm On May 10, 2020
sonofakin:
Good day guys
Is there any University of Texas at Dallas student here?. Or someone that has an idea of an estimate of monthly cost of living in Dallas/Richardson; especially housing cost. I recently gained admission into the school
Hi, are you for postgrad?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 1:17pm On May 10, 2020
Yes
Micholo5:

Hi, are you for postgrad?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JustSomeDude(m): 3:19pm On May 10, 2020
Micholo5:

Hi

WES is an instituted body that evaluates credentials.
So they typically do the conversion from one standard to another.(you know we have different educational & credential standard all over the world)
So they help an applicant convert his result/credential to the required standard of a college, so the US colleges can have a uniform criteria for vetting the applicants.
So your WASSCE result needs to be evaluated, there's a fee to pay for this service, I am not sure of the cost.(you can google WES EVALUATION, then proceed from there, you can also share your experience with us once you've evaluated)

In my own case, I hold the NECO result which is not generally accepted, so I won't be needing an evaluation. Rather, I will take a standardized exam such as the SAT, ACT or other A-Level program.
I do have a WAEC result but can I choose not to have my WAEC result evaluated, rather sit for SAT exam?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Micholo5(m): 3:25pm On May 10, 2020
JustSomeDude:
I do have a WAEC result but can I choose not to have my WAEC result evaluated, rather sit for SAT exam?

Yes, Its either of the two not both, so you can take the SAT, that way, you won't be needing WES Evaluation.

(please confirm this from other sources, I am not 100% sure)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 5:02pm On May 10, 2020
Micholo5:

Yes, Its either of the two not both, so you can take the SAT, that way, you won't be needing WES Evaluation.

(please confirm this from other sources, I am not 100% sure)

It doesnt matter if you have WAEC or not, if the school requirements includes SAT, you must write SAT. The only exam that can replace the high school qualification are HIset and GED. SAT is also one important test if you want funding.

So I advise you to go sit for SAT and break into your choice of program

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Neeta02(f): 5:50pm On May 10, 2020
Good day house. Please any UIS student here, or anyone recently admitted? I need to ask some questions about GA & the GPSI program
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 6:50pm On May 10, 2020
I find it interesting how people are still hopeful about the possibility of resuming this year despite all that is happening. I got full funding to a top 30 US MBA program but I don't feel excited at all, given the uncertainties. I wish I could be more positive but it's hard.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 7:49pm On May 10, 2020
What is the full meaning of USM and NYIT?

judithidoghogm:

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ndindiatu: 8:21pm On May 10, 2020
fairheart:
Contact ECE, register and follow instruction provided online. You'll mostly need a WAEC scratchcard and WAEC registration details.
My dear thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 8:38pm On May 10, 2020
What the whole academic/immigration world are trying to do is to stay positive and maybe be prepared incase things turn out well. A lot of recommendations are being made by the stakeholders concerned to adapt to the situation. Schools, SEVP, USCIS are all trying to modify policies to suit the current situation. An example is allowing schools to send i20 to students' school email addresses. Everyone is only trying to be hopeful, preparing for both the worst and the best, the alternative is doing nothing at all. Worst case scenario, one can defer the admission. Good for you that you got admission and funding and good for you that you are sad about it but everyone must not share your pessimism
kastgeraldino:
I find it interesting how people are still hopeful about the possibility of resuming this year despite all that is happening. I got full funding to a top 30 US MBA program but I don't feel excited at all, given the uncertainties. I wish I could be more positive but it's hard.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.