Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1367080 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by learner007(m): 4:38am On May 12, 2020
Predstan:

Oh! I forgot you work in the Whitehouse with Homeland Security. Its okay

grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 5:35am On May 12, 2020
Hi Guys

Trust we’re staying safe.

What do you think is the employment or job outlook after an MBA in the US, especially if it’s from an AACSB accredited program but not necessarily the customary top 100 business school.

This is in comparison to say an MS in business analytics. Does location or sates play a role?

I’d very much appreciate responses from people who’ve had experiences. Gracias.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 5:52am On May 12, 2020
Shuayb0:
Hi Guys

Trust we’re staying safe.

What do you think is the employment or job outlook after an MBA in the US, especially if it’s from an AACSB accredited program but not necessarily the customary top 100 business school.

This is in comparison to say an MS in business analytics. Does location or sates play a role?

I’d very much appreciate responses from people who’ve had experiences. Gracias.
To provide some context. I’m weighing up the option of either an MBA from BGSU, Texas Tech or Angelo State to an MS Business Analytics from University of South Dakota or maybe schools of similar rankings.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 9:28am On May 12, 2020
sheke01:

please don't misquote me. I never said schools won't plan to resume on campus. Everyone will plan to resume if it's safe to do so. Everyone will plan but no one can guarantee an on campus fall semester at this stage. All they can do is plan for on campus semester.

An international student in a foreign country without a visa and closed US embassy and borders cannot possibly plan for an on campus semester. Semester resumes in 3 months, no talk of reopening embassy, schools are still putting their reopening plans together and they might not have communicated this plans to DHS and yet people keep getting high hopes of arriving here for fall semester.

What is the possibility of DHS believing other countries are safe enough for their citizens to go and reopen embassy?

Let's let this rest now. we'll surely revisit this in August
Yes definitely I get your point. I believe schools won't plan to resume without taking into consideration the international students. So it's best to make all necessary arrangements now. After all these, countries will definitely reopen and that applies to all embassies. There are safety measures currently being discussed on how to handle the influx of international students. In as much as your point is valid, I believe everyone should go on and make all necessary plans. A pandemic won't hold the world to ransom for a long time. Most likely before the end of the year everything gets back to normal and whether you're ready or not you'll still go for your interview. Just that some will go before others. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rkarang: 9:29am On May 12, 2020
Eniolakiite:
Lol not that

Most services are extending their expiration date. Canada that you must use a period to do some things if you’re processing your PR have extended the time and made things easier this period.
It would be wrong to allow millions of students pay sevis fee again when it was the pandemic that didn’t make them use it. So they would adjust it.

That’s what I’m saying.

Enny! Enny!!

What’s your discipline? I just like your normative view bout this issue.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tmphoto(m): 11:25am On May 12, 2020
sheke01:

New York will gradually reopen by June. I wake up everyday to watch Gov. Cuomo press conference on CNN 11:30 EST. You think I just come here to say anything I like?

New York will reopen because the hospitalization and deaths are declining. Yesterday was about 200 deaths. What will happen when they reopen and the rate goes up again?

I won't believe your school have already sent out emails saying fall semester will be on campus. My school and the general consensus I see online still haven't decided on how fall semester will be. In order not to misinform the public, please provide a screenshot of such email

Yes, people must adapt and adapt protective measures but how will the world as a global village adapt? Will international borders open for non essential stuff like schooling without a vaccine? The US and Canada border is still closed, I can't go for my planned trip to Toronto.

Borders will likely be opened eventually but will the embassy open quick enough for students to process visa for fall semester which is barely 3 months away? I don't expect you or anyone to process stuff the way I process, it's what I do everyday so I understand.

P/S: Am a very positive person but I like to call a spade a spade

You have always been tackling the fact/idea that schools might resume by this FALL... It is the truth we must embrace even if we like it or not Coronavirus is really here and it might take the world a couple of year to get fully back on her FEET. It has happened in 1918 (SPANISH FLU) and it run till 1920 Did the world not resume back to what they were doing at the time?? Oh yes they did even if it was little.

Go check the International news “India Govt. is planning on evacuating her citizen most especially student from the UK and the president in charge of institution was stylishly begging that they should be taken away” saying they need them more now and their cash the U.S.A on the other hand can not stand on loosing money from international student why they need every fund they can get from anyone coming in.

You should also know that there will be a very strict measures to contain anyone coming into the Country no matter where you’re from same as what the U.K is imposing currently on all of its travelers except for France �� that I don’t know why. Lastly leave our optimism’s to us cus we all know the world can’t be on her feet for long owing to a Virus that scientists proved over 80% of people who contact it will live from it.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 1:59pm On May 12, 2020
And That flu is still here killing thousands every year and life has moved on.

This corona virus has come to stay...
Sooner or later, We will just learn to live with it and protect ourselves.

tmphoto:

You have always been tackling the fact/idea that schools might resume by this FALL... It is the truth we must embrace even if we like it or not Coronavirus is really here and it might take the world a couple of year to get fully back on her FEET. It has happened in 1918 (SPANISH FLU) and it run till 1920 Did the world not resume back to what they were doing at the time?? Oh yes they did even if it was little.

Go check the International news “India Govt. is planning on evacuating her citizen most especially student from the UK and the president in charge of institution was stylishly begging that they should be taken away” saying they need them more now and their cash the U.S.A on the other hand can not stand on loosing money from international student why they need every fund they can get from anyone coming in.

You should also know that there will be a very strict measures to contain anyone coming into the Country no matter where you’re from same as what the U.K is imposing currently on all of its travelers except for France �� that I don’t know why. Lastly leave our optimism’s to us cus we all know the world can’t be on her feet for long owing to a Virus that scientists proved over 80% of people who contact it will live from it.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 2:00pm On May 12, 2020
Lol

Computer Science

rkarang:

Enny! Enny!!

What’s your discipline? I just like your normative view bout this issue.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 2:09pm On May 12, 2020
Hi everyone, has anyone received I-20 from schools? Also what means was used,
Is it through courier or email. Thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 2:14pm On May 12, 2020
Lifeisforliving:
Hi everyone, has anyone received I-20 from schools? Also what means was used,
Is it through courier or email. Thank you!

Both. I received mine last week Friday.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 2:42pm On May 12, 2020
solastar2:

Okay Thank you. About processing mine
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 2:58pm On May 12, 2020
Lifeisforliving:

Okay Thank you. About processing mine

Has anyone received I-20 from BGSU?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 2:59pm On May 12, 2020
Has anyone received I-20 from BGSU?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by arcTY(m): 3:37pm On May 12, 2020
Good day house, please has anyone received his/her I-20 from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, Greensboro, USA for Fall2020 Session?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by maximsjoe(m): 3:59pm On May 12, 2020
Good day everyone please I want to know has the USA embassy open for operation like accepting visas application and interview? And please I seek for questions and answers for students F1 visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 12, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 4:15pm On May 12, 2020
US embassy still closed for now

Which question and answer do you seek

maximsjoe:
Good day everyone please I want to know has the USA embassy open for operation like accepting visas application and interview? And please I seek for questions and answers for students F1 visa

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by maximsjoe(m): 4:23pm On May 12, 2020
Eniolakiite:
US embassy still closed for now

Which question and answer do you seek

I mean possible questions and how to answer them then how to apply for the visa incase doe I went for tourism 2017 but I was denied and this time am going for my master on biomedical engineering
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 5:08pm On May 12, 2020
solastar2:

Wow! Please, did they notify you that they were going to send your I-20 through courier?

I asked because I received through email, and I don't know whether they've sent the hardcopy to my postal address, since I'm far away from my postal address.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 5:18pm On May 12, 2020
Go through this thread from the beginning. You will see enormous visa interview transcripts that will help you and ways of responding.

maximsjoe:
I mean possible questions and how to answer them then how to apply for the visa incase doe I went for tourism 2017 but I was denied and this time am going for my master on biomedical engineering

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 5:54pm On May 12, 2020
vc1177:

Wow! Please, did they notify you that they were going to send your I-20 through courier?

I asked because I received through email, and I don't know whether they've sent the hardcopy to my postal address, since I'm far away from my postal address.

Yes.

They sent me a copy of my I-20 and told me to select one of two option. One is to send it immediately and the second is for them to keep it till embassy open for business. I chose option 1 and I also have option of regular mail or express shipping (at my own expenses) and I paid for express shipping.

You can ask if they can send hard copy to you. But, I read somewhere that embassy has been advised to work with soft copy but I dont know how true it is.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sheke01: 6:08pm On May 12, 2020
tmphoto:

Misquoting me again. I never tackled the idea of schools reopening by fall. I need schools to reopen so I can do my one remaining class and get my degree in Information systems/ business analytics. Schools will definitely resume, what we don't know at the stage if it's is gonna be in class or online. Schools will definitely reopen but with new international students? Highly negative. Your optimism would not influence anything

Who needs international students now more than ever when their citizens and economy is dying? Believe whatever you like, it won't change the truth. World economy is in recession, people will lose their jobs like never before. There will be less money to spend and international students won't have thousands of dollars to spend like before. Every player in the game know this fact already. Your optimism won't change it either.

Incase you don't know, because of Covid-19, some US senators are thinking of placing a ban on what type of courses Chinese students can come study in the US. They don't want Chinese coming to the US to study quantum computing, IT and sciences that they will take back to China afterwards and compete with the US. Chinese spend the most on tuition in the US. No one cares about your international money in a pandemic

1918 pandemic killed an estimated 50 million people. It would be pure stupidity to think the world didn't learn from that and would want a repeat of that. Just 81000 people have died from Covid 19 and the US senators are currently drilling Dr Fauci and the CDC directors. Nobody want a repeat of the more deadly second and third wave of outbreak experienced in 1918.

President of schools would wish what they like but it's up to countries government to decide what's best for the general populace. Schools make billions of dollars from students every year so it's ok for them to wish things won't change but covid19 will change things from what they were before. Your optimism won't change that too

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Aderin0la: 6:19pm On May 12, 2020
True. DHS has instructed that schools can now send soft copies of I-20, but it must be duly signed.

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/2020/04/dsos-read-these-tips-for-electronically-signing-forms-i-20

solastar2:

Yes.

They sent me a copy of my I-20 and told me to select one of two option. One is to send it immediately and the second is for them to keep it till embassy open for business. I chose option 1 and I also have option of regular mail or express shipping (at my own expenses) and I paid for express shipping.

You can ask if they can send hard copy to you. But, I read somewhere that embassy has been advised to work with soft copy but I dont know how true it is.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 6:26pm On May 12, 2020
sheke01:

Who needs international students now more than ever when their citizens and economy is dying? Believe whatever you like, it won't change the truth. World economy is in recession, people will lose their jobs like never before. There will be less money to spend and international students won't have thousands of dollars to spend like before. Every player in the game know this fact already. Your optimism won't change it either.

No one cares about your international money in a pandemic
You're making general statements. Australia and New Zealand care about that money and are letting international students in.
If your economy is dying, that means less funds for the universities and that means international students become more important.

https://thepienews.com/news/australia-to-consider-july-entry-for-international-students/

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/416109/international-students-may-be-allowed-into-nz-before-border-opens

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by suleyoung(m): 6:32pm On May 12, 2020
hello my people
I am a graduate of Accounting with first class honour
I wish to ask my people in this great forum who had pass through this route in gaining admission to graduate school
what GRE and TOEFL score should I be aiming for?
my target is to seek direct PhD admission
thanks for you warmth response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sheke01: 6:41pm On May 12, 2020
Stevenssen:

You're making general statements. Australia and New Zealand care about that money and are letting international students in.
If your economy is dying, that means less funds for the universities and that means international students become more important.

https://thepienews.com/news/australia-to-consider-july-entry-for-international-students/

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/416109/international-students-may-be-allowed-into-nz-before-border-opens

Incase you haven't checked, Australia has 6964 cases and 97 related deaths, New Zealand has 1497 and 21 deaths. When you have over 1.3million cases and 82,000 related deaths your priorities changes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 6:50pm On May 12, 2020
sheke01:

Incase you haven't checked, Australia has 6964 cases and 97 related deaths, New Zealand has 1497 and 21 deaths. When you have over 1.3million cases and 82,000 related deaths your priorities changes
What about UK? 30k + dead and borders still open.
The truth is, Covid cases and deaths in the US do not have any effect on international students coming in. The two things do not relate in any way.

The effect it would have had was universities refusing to reopen In fall but many of them are planning to reopen.
So how will international students coming in change US priorities? Is it going to make them start dying more or what? If anything, it's only going to help their universities
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sheke01: 6:57pm On May 12, 2020
Stevenssen:

What about UK? 30k + dead and borders still open.
The truth is, Covid cases and deaths in the US do not have any effect on international students coming in. The two things do not relate in any way.

The effect it would have had was universities refusing to reopen In fall but many of them are planning to reopen.
So how will international students coming in change US priorities? Is it going to make them start dying more or what? If anything, it's only going to help their universities

If you've been paying attention to anything I've ever said you will see my chain of reasoning. The US is still arguing about reopening. Some little states are beginning to see spikes in cases and deaths. Schools are planning on reopening but are still saying "we will do so if it's safe"

US evacuated it's citizens from different countries of the world. Who will reopen the embassies? US citizens. Where are thus US citizens? They all ran back to the comfort of their homeland. When will the embassy reopen? Undefined. How likely will DHS believe other countries are safe to send their citizens to reopen the embassies? No one knows when

How will international students gets visa to resume by fall? No one knows except some nairaland e-warriors that also doubles as DHS officials.

lol
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 12, 2020
solastar2:

Good evening dear.Did you submit financial statement of account before you received the I-20 form?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 7:04pm On May 12, 2020
sheke01:

If you've been paying attention to anything I've ever said you will see my chain of reasoning. The US is still arguing about reopening. Some little states are beginning to see spikes in cases and deaths. Schools are planning on reopening but are still saying "we will do so if it's safe"

US evacuated it's citizens from different countries of the world. Who will reopen the embassies? US citizens. Where are thus US citizens? They all ran back to the comfort of their homeland. When will the embassy reopen? Undefined. How likely will DHS believe other countries are safe to send their citizens to reopen the embassies? No one knows when

How will international students gets visa to resume by fall? No one knows except some nairaland e-warriors that also doubles as DHS officials.

lol
Now you're backtracking .
My opinion has always been that the only problem there is the embassies and that depends on the other countries and how they are managing the crisis, not on the US.

The part of your post that I challenged is about something entirely different.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sheke01: 7:13pm On May 12, 2020
Stevenssen:

Now you're backtracking .
My opinion has always been that the only problem there is the embassies and that depends on the other countries and how they are managing the crisis, not on the US.

The part of your post that I challenged is about something entirely different.

Kindly point it out. I don't delete my post here. kindly point out where I said what am backtracking on
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 7:15pm On May 12, 2020
judithidoghogm:

Good evening dear.Did you submit financial statement of account before you received the I-20 form?

No. I got full assistantship.

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.