Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360761 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by henrye27: 9:12am On Jun 28, 2020
Menh... dude @stanford guy... you’re bad ooo. You’re the only person I have seen with a GRE score higher than mine. I’m not saying there are no other person with a high score. But I duff my capito. My GRE is 314. Q= 159, V= 155, AWA= 4.0. Ielts =Listening 9.0, writing 6.0�, Reading 6.0, Speaking 7.0. Total band score : 7.0. I got an admission with a scholarship offer of up to $10k which automatically Qualify me for a instate tuition. And other scholarship awaits me upon arrival and Also a TA job. I can’t imagine paying $76k per year For tuition. I’m glad I have to just pay less than $25k. Emergency Interview already booked. Waiting for an approved date and time for my interview. I pray the VO act right.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hotboss: 9:24am On Jun 28, 2020
Pls my people..
I just got admitted into Larmar university with an out of state tuition waiver.
Is there any one here who have had a similar offer? Or who can give me an I sight into this? As I don't know how much financial burden awaits me.

I would like suggestions from the gurus too.
BGSU. TA 5k stipend. 2k tuition scholarship. Engineering technology

Lamar. 1k tuition scholarship, out of state tuition waiver. Mechanical engineering .

Both are MS programs.

Pls gurus
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 10:14am On Jun 28, 2020
olasubomy:
Mosminic- whats wrong in indicating the source of my information except i dont get your question?
I was just wondering why you posted it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omomayelakesi: 10:21am On Jun 28, 2020
I hope the emergency date option works. BTW, are you applying in Lagos or Abuja?

henrye27:
Menh... dude @stanford guy... you’re bad ooo. You’re the only person I have seen with a GRE score higher than mine. I’m not saying there are no other person with a high score. But I duff my capito. My GRE is 314. Q= 159, V= 155, AWA= 4.0. Ielts =Listening 9.0, writing 6.0�, Reading 6.0, Speaking 7.0. Total band score : 7.0. I got an admission with a scholarship offer of up to $10k which automatically Qualify me for a instate tuition. And other scholarship awaits me upon arrival and Also a TA job. I can’t imagine paying $76k per year For tuition. I’m glad I have to just pay less than $25k. Emergency Interview already booked. Waiting for an approved date and time for my interview. I pray the VO act right.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kimzylove(f): 10:48am On Jun 28, 2020
Friedpotato:

You don't need A'levels at all.

GPA is either calculated by evaluating your WAEC certificate or the transcript received from your school.
Transcript received from secondary school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 10:50am On Jun 28, 2020
Kimzylove:

Transcript received from secondary school?
yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 10:51am On Jun 28, 2020
Snakedoctor1:
My cousin's tough visa experience; advise needed.
He got a full funding and had attended visa interview twice but unsuccesful in all.
The first one, the CO said he was preaching her. She also asked him how he could leave his family for 4 years. And what business the wife does.

The second interview after the first refusal, another CO asked him about standard tests. And other schools he applied for. He produced a GRE result that had the name of a school he didnt mention; the result was merely sent to the school but he didnt actually conclude the application. He was not allowed to explain. He was summarily refused again.

Though the funding is still valid and school promised to write the Embassy on his behalf but he said he has changed his mind as 2 times refusal means he will never get the visa again.
lol, there are people here that got it on the 4th attempt.

Since it's full funding, he should try again.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 10:52am On Jun 28, 2020
Time2win:

Correct! only lazy nigerian youths say that
you don't necessarily have to tag him lazy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:58am On Jun 28, 2020
greenskittles:

GRE: 166Q 162V 4.5AWA
TOEFL: 112/120 (27 Speaking 29 Listening 28 Reading 28 Writing)
Undergraduate GPA: (4.69/5.0)
Other awards: Best Graduating Student in Civil Engineering (Stanford asked for my performance relative to my peers, if available)
Extra Curricular activities: Chess Team captain
LORs: One from Deputy Provost, One from another Civil Lecturer (PhD holder), One from industry mentor
Other Skills: C++, MATLAB and Python programming
Work Experience: 1 year
Research Experience: Next to none (other than final year project)

Accepted: Stanford University(with funding), UIUC (with funding), University of Washington, University of Arizona
Rejected: Northwestern University

Congrats on your offersssss

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kimzylove(f): 11:16am On Jun 28, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
henrye27:
how did you book emergency interview please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
henrye27:

Lol � you’ve not seen lots of profile then �

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanguine1: 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
HELLO ALL,
PLEASE WHEN WILL THE US EMBASSY RESUME SO THAT STUDENTS GOING FOR FALL-SEMESTER BY AUGUST CAN HOLD THEIR INTERVIEW? [b]HELLO ALL,
PLEASE WHEN WILL THE US EMBASSY RESUME SO THAT STUDENTS GOING FOR FALL-SEMESTER BY AUGUST CAN HOLD THEIR INTERVIEW? [/b]HELLO ALL,
PLEASE WHEN WILL THE US EMBASSY RESUME SO THAT STUDENTS GOING FOR FALL-SEMESTER BY AUGUST CAN HOLD THEIR INTERVIEW?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by obexxy: 12:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
Hi guys
Has anyone being able to apply for emergency visa interview date for F1 visa and was it approved.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sanguine1:
HELLO ALL,
PLEASE WHEN WILL THE US EMBASSY RESUME SO THAT STUDENTS GOING FOR FALL-SEMESTER BY AUGUST CAN HOLD THEIR INTERVIEW? [b]HELLO ALL,
PLEASE WHEN WILL THE US EMBASSY RESUME SO THAT STUDENTS GOING FOR FALL-SEMESTER BY AUGUST CAN HOLD THEIR INTERVIEW? [/b]HELLO ALL,
PLEASE WHEN WILL THE US EMBASSY RESUME SO THAT STUDENTS GOING FOR FALL-SEMESTER BY AUGUST CAN HOLD THEIR INTERVIEW?

NO IDEA
NO IDEA
NO IDEAR

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanguine1: 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2020
fairheart:

Were you expecting someone to ask for your email first? smiley
When next anybody here asked for study materials, do your email address, and don't wait until someone ask for it.
Drop your email and I will send you GRE materials; you can check Google or Google PlayStore to download IELTS app for intensive studies.
I need GRE, GMAT and TOEFEL material
babatundesulaimon99@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mayDtolu(m): 1:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
henrye27:

Lol.I will say you have not seen much profiles because there are many people here on nairaland with GRE scores higher than 314...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanguine1: 1:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lifeisforliving:

NO IDEA
NO IDEA
NO IDEAR

Are we not going to defer FALL-SEMESTER admission? Because if the US EMBASSY doesn't resume work automatically no visa interview be that o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sanguine1:

Are we not going to defer FALL-SEMESTER admission? Because if the US EMBASSY doesn't resume work automatically no visa interview be that o

We are at the point where we have to face reality. The Embassy is still closed and will be until futher notice. So accept any request to defer your admission to Spring 2021, beyond or an online option. If I were you I will wait till August b4 taking a decision �

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by boommer: 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
Good morning all, please how much is toefl currently and where can I register?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4hranc: 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
henrye27:
Please how did you go about your emergency interview booking �?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanguine1: 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lifeisforliving:

We are at the point where we have to face reality. The Embassy is still closed and will be until futher notice. So accept any request to defer your admission to Spring 2021, beyond or an online option. If I were you I will wait till August b4 taking a decision �
IF I SHOULD WAIT TILL AUGUST BEFORE I DECIDE ON DEFERMENT, WHAT OF THE I-20?
THE SCHOOL CANT JUST WAIT FOR ME TO KEEP MUTE FROM NOW TILL AUGUST BEFORE I REQUEST FOR MY I-20, HOPE YOU GET MY POINT SIR
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sanguine1:

THE SCHOOL CANT JUST WAIT FOR ME TO KEEP MUTE FROM NOW TILL AUGUST BEFORE I REQUEST FOR MY I-20, HOPE YOU GET MY POINT SIR

When I got my I-20 softcopy, the school gave me the option to wait till embassy is open before they sent the hard copy but I chose to have it immediately back in April. If you can ask the school to hold it till embassy opens and probably sent you softcopy, I think they will understand.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bayocanny: 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lukaku95:
Please how much does it cost to get an international passport ??
New one or renewal?
I renew my passport last week here in makurdi and I got it same day.
if you need the stuff urgently you can come down to makurdi to get it, very fast, zero population.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tulacious123: 3:20pm On Jun 28, 2020
henrye27:

Congratulations dear on your admission and scholarship.Please I need a favor from you.Can I drop my mail so you send me GRE materials so I can be preparing ahead for mine(October) pending when I will register? Please. Thanks in anticipation to your positive response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by justwise(m): 3:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sanguine1:
My People i still need to know if we were to submit the Sponsor's BANK STATEMENT ACCOUNT During the Visa interview for further verification before the Visa granted.

I want to know so that i can inform my Sponsor of what to do.
Thanks all

You have asked this sort of question 6 times now, only people planning to present fake bank statement worries about the embassy verifying it.

You will not be able to ask such question here again.

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tulacious123: 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2020
Good afternoon all.Please I need GRE and TOFLE materials to study pending when I register for the exam. kejuempower@gmail.com . Thanks in anticipation to your positive response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by geooxygen(m): 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
greenskittles:

Thanks

Bro, can you pls suggest the best materials I can use for prep, targeting a score 320+ will be writing GRE by October.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 4:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sanguine1:

you can request for soft copy I-20. Due to this COVID, it's acceptable.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2020
Kimzylove:

Sorry for stressing you but i need more clarification..
Do you mean overall secondary school result?
For someone with GCE that means you have to go to the school you wrote your exam.
I'm talking of your overall secondary school result. From SS1 to SS3. Your tests and exam scores in all the subjects. If you go to your school, they sure have an idea of this.

If you cannot do that, then evaluate your WAEC result. It costs 100K roughly for all the processing. Here, your WAEC grades would be converted to a GPA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.